Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-New exploit in the works for US/JAP 3DS 11.0, based on SmileBASIC:wololo.net/2016/07/05/another-3ds-exploit-just-got-announced-game-smile-basic/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TuxSH/TWLSaveTool/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for ShadowNAND

Second for reading is too hard, I need a video

2nd for I hope that 12 year old asking for help at the end of the last thread bricks.

>tfw still baffles you of how retarded people can be
it's like the next retard always tops the previous one

There's no end to them

maybe I should finally stop spoonfeeding

No, spoonfeed those who truly need it.
That was a 12 year old idiot trolling.

da fuk is a shadownand?

in my time we only had emunand and we needed Cubic Ninja to get things done

The time of spoonfeeding has come and gone.
Yes you should.
The guide does all the spoonfeeding already. If people have questions afterwards, sure.

In my time we only had RedNAND, had 10% bootrates and had to use an unreliable wireless CIA installer and DS flashcart to get anything done

>use outdated videos
>complain the updated guide is too confusing and useless
>I won't brick because I'll find a video where they don't brick! You're all retards!

Back in my day we only had two sticks and a rock, and we had to share the rock.

Okay so to prevent to lose my shit on sysnand i need to make a emunand out of the current sysand so i can then do a9lh and just simply copy my game backup and shit back to a9lh.

But now a massive problem has presented itself.

How do i achive this if i have a DSiWare along side the rest of my legit games...How fucked am i?

I ask this because it says i need to format my stuff before downgrade if i own ambassador status or dsiware...

Back in my day we used MSET and gateway software

Don't be stupid user, this thread was always about CFW. Gatewayfags would have been laughed out of town.

>people call him literally 14

That's no excuse, I'm 15 and I breezed through the guide.

I actually hope he fucks up somewhere down the path and bricks his system, like trying to reboot the system with a failed 2.1.0 flash.

most dsiware (even ambassador certificate) can be installed from freeshop

Does Virtual Boy run well on o3ds retroarch?

Good riddance.

F

You fucked up, enjoy your 3 year ban

But yeah if he insists on using a video he's definitely gonna brick, the process is constantly updating and some youtube video from March isn't going to cut it

oh shit nigger!

>the dimention of this gif is equal to the score of your favorite game.gif
Well, I'm happy with a 11 out of 40.
In reality, Famitsu gave it a 30 iirc.

>not changing IPs

See you tomorrow :v)

also is there a 3DS tales of the abyss, i've been playing the DSiware and it's fun

I dont think you understand my predicament. I have 5 legit games installed and a DSiWare game and i want to keep my 5 legit games when doing the whole downgrade to emunand to a9lh but according to the guide and logic, i cant keep them because of the dsi game because i need to format my system before even attempting a downgrade. I was wondering if there's a workaround for this. Or is playing Russian roulette my only option? Which is pick a god and pray that if i downgrade as it is and be a success?

People used to format their emunand using the software found on GW website, even if you didn't buy the flashcart.
Also a long long time ago /hbg/ was called /gwg/

>risking a brick because you want to keep a bit of your legality

Just downgrade and redownload the games.

What's the proper way of deleting an installed .cia from my 3DS? I want to remove the Japanese version of MHG to free space up for the US release.

fbi or data management in system settings

Fuck off underage faggot.

Uninstall the game like you would any other 3DS game

you can redownload those legit games anyways
I don't see what's the big deal

I feared that so i had backup plan. I already have all the .cia of my legit games on backup just in case there wasn't another option. Just need to backup all my saves and that's it.

But rip animal crossing

Is there an alternative to SocketPunch to install cias over the network?
Socketpunch fails instantly when trying to install the MHGen cia

PICK A GOD AND PRAY

i could but i forgot my accounts password

I mean you can redownload them with freeshop

Is it when you try to install games that it suddenly fails?
Wait what

Can anybody name a PS1 game with a small filesize?

Megaman X Collection.

I love that game.

mvsc

Vib-ribbon

My emunand fails to load my friend list and freezes my 3ds when I enter it. Is there a fix for this or will it not effect loading the data from it in a game? I'm on 10.7 and haven't updated to 11 yet and am currently using Luma.

I got to step 20 on part two, and now I can't open homebrew up I

what do I do?

I was using oot3dhax

How do I tell what version my smash bros. cartridge is? There's no version number on the title screen. (US cartridge)

you do step 20 obviously, once you downgraded you didn't need the game anymore

You just have to put it in a 2DS etc to test it out. If your box has the amiibo logo, I can already tell you it's too late.

did you just downgrade? You should be able to use Browserhax now

You the dude with the Red N3DS?

Either way, you did a partial downgrade which is fine, it just means you need to go back to the second half of Part 1 and install menuhax through browserhax; menuhax will become your "entrypoint" from now on and is much easier than booting up OoT.

Start at Step 8 of Part 1.

>I'm 15

I have a red 3ds, unless your talking about someone else from the other thread

I don't see anything about browserhax, but I'll try the above about following the second part of part 1

it's what's used in part 1 you didn't do it because you needed oothax

Someone bought a bunch of stuff off Amazon a few days ago because they wanted to hack a 3DS using OoTHax, and the color N3DS they bought was Red.

I was wondering if you were the same person.

yes, when "punching" a cia then accepting the transfer on FBI makes FBI tell me "install successful"

too old for me senpai

Any insight on why SaveDataFiler 11.4 would cause "An error has occurred, please turn off the 3DS"?

Is an R4i worth it if you have a DSTwo?

Ok. I got some trouble.
I originally downgraded to 4.5 using the Gateway downgrader, and apparently that doesn't play nice with Luma3DS or the downgrader.
How do I clean that up? I can't actually boot into Luma3DS using the latest version.
Any ideas anons?

Well, I had to delete the title, reboot, install with DevMenu, reboot because the icon didn't show in the Home Menu, annnnd now it works. What the fuck.

Where can I get Tokyo Mirage (U)? Not in the pastebin.

>U
Only have the EU release.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

I have a 7.6 sysnand, 10.7 emunand 3DS with rxtools that I was using the browser to open emunand

Which part of the plailect guide should I start at? Do I need menuhax first, or the 9.2 update first, and then do I go to step 3 or 4? I know it's probably a stupid question but I gotta make sure I'm doing this right

I don't think it was me

So I saw from going from step 8 but i can't get the qr to work and i changed my time and theme but i still can't get into the homebrew page

If I accidentally missed a step is there a way to restart? because I don't see browserhax

Is it possible to get a .sav file from a DS cart with a 3DS with homebrew?

what error do you get? what happens? you didn't need to change the time btw since you already downgraded try to read everything

What does "test it out" mean? Is there somewhere other than the title screen that reveals the version number?

literally nobody wants to open up the back of their 3ds and do that shit, especially with a n3ds

"browserhax" is just going into your 3DS browser and entering in that url on Step 8.

From there, you'll install "menuhax" which will let you load into the homebrew menu just by holding down on the dpad any time you boot up, if you follow the steps correctly, and will become your "entry point".

github.com/TuxSH/TWLSaveTool/releases

2DS always comes on 6.1 or some shit you know. The moment you try to launch your Smash cart, it would say "Update to 8.1?" or if you're reallll lucky, 9.2

Mah nigga

Giving my DQ9 DS cart all DLC.

Thanks senpai

What? No I don't have a 2ds.
I'm doing smashhax and need to know what version my smash brothers is for the ubuntu part, because the packet sending part only works a fifth of the time and I'm wasting time trying to guess which version I have.

>get Devil Survivor 2
>find out there's an undub version

c-can i patch the US copy I got somehow or do I just download the entire thing again except the undubbed one?

nearly impossible to downgrade with it so i hope you're using it to install a secondary exploit for another game

I figured you were trying to update. My bad. Have fun figuring out which version, since there are at least 5 to my knowledge.

Suck it up fuccboi, the Eng Dub is quality.

Ohhhhh I thought browerhax was gonna be an icon , finally got into homebrew

thanks

So is part one of github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew) where it lists alternate entry points for 10.7 incorrect?

people don't know why it's even there people have said they have tried more than 70 times trying to get the downgrade to boot and never got it, if you somehow manage to get it it's a miracle but you'll be trying a lot, it's really unreliable but at least you can use it to install like oothax

So that problem is only with smashhax? Do you know how the pokemon basehax fares? That's the only other entrypoint I have without buying another game.

Never mind. I think I might have fixed it.
(Luma is real fiddly with this sort of stuff it seems)

care to explain?

Does a 3ds automatically update to the most recent firmware if it has an internet connection?

yeah downgrading with browserhax is also a little iffy but much more reliable than smashhax idk anything about the pokemon exploits but they should be a lot better anyway
3DS doesn't auto update that's the wii u if you have the settings on

Cool, I'll try to do basehaxx then since this smashhaxx isn't working anyway. From what I'm googling there's a way to use homebrew to change a cartridge's saves manually, so I shouldn't have to actually play through the game until I get secret bases unlocked. Does this look correct? gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/

well you need access to homebrew in the first place so how are you going to get that? only cubic freakyhax and smilebasic are primary entrypoints all the other ones require either powersaves device or already having homebrew

What's the best GBA emu for 3DS?

no emu is best emu with injection

no, 3ds just nags
wii u will force an update if you let it complete the download and it will automatically download (a) if the console is on or (b) if the console is "off" and you have standby support or whatever turned on

easiest way to fix this is to turn that shit off and to block nintendo's cdn servers, either through dns or through your router

Come again?

I have an already completely hacked 3ds using the same guide, this other new3dsxl is my brother's which happens to be on 10.7. I'm helping him out, but we just have to figure out the entrypoint since we can't use browserhax.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

Well. I had to go to the FAQ on Luma3DS and download the NANDFIRMS and NTRFIRMS files and follow the instructions it talks about carefully.
I had to use 5.2 Luma3DS since 5.5 won't boot it.
So I had to hold select on the first boot of Luma3DS, enable "SysNAND is updated", let it go to the sysNAND menu, then open up settings and close it while holding down.
This takes me back to the homebrew browser, which I can then launch Luma back into CFW (that can now patch the sysNAND), then I go into H&S patched with FBI and install the three o3DS cias revelant to the 9.2 sysNAND (Native90, TWL, and AGB).
Then I had to turn off the console and reboot it, getting into the homebrew menu. Launch luma holding select and turn SysNAND is updated option off, this reboots me back into sysNAND.
I tried to boot back into luma3DS but it black screened. So I turned off the 3ds and botted it back up into homebrew menu and then Luma.
This time I got into luma, and then I launched health and safety again, and installed Native104, AGB, and TWL cia's.

Right so after that I turn my 3DS off. And I put Luma 5.5 on the card and redo the downgrade and THIS time, It succeeded. (My emuNAND firm was on 11.0 as well so I know Luma's working as intended now)

Now I can cross my fingers on getting the OTP part.

So can I do that on Luma?

oh you didn't mention that or i misread you're fine then

are there emulators currently available / in development for 3ds? i have quite a bit on my snes backlog that would be easier to clear if i could just punch into my 3ds.

How come I can't go to this webpage on my 3ds. Says page not found.

yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

what firmware and instructions did you follow