Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePv0Fs9cGgU
youtube.com/watch?v=IM4lG0haB0U
youtube.com/watch?v=wfL4L_l4U9A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ih8EfvOzBOY
challonge.com/DEVO2016
youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GGs lobby. I'm going to make sure my CPU doesn't set itself on fire.

I actually don't need you anymore, akiha

Lobby's gonna close in about 10 minutes.
It's been fun everyone!

can i pirate uniel yet? also what style is best for ryougi shiki in melty

>top Vega players have completely stopped using the claw because of how bad its hitboxes are for what it has to give up

sf5 is never going to be a good game is it?

Who would be the "Noob Stomper" in KI? I'm gonna go with Hisako since her mixups can throw new players off

Riptor.

How dead do you think KOF14 is going to be a week after launch?

I say less than 60 people playing online in the US

Who the hell are you? I will always need Akiha.

What happened

i don't think it'll sell very well to begin with.

why would someone who bought a $500 console buy a game that looks like it was made in 2004?

Aganos can be one
RAAM with his constant regrabs is also one

When did Nemo and Reikatsu stop using claw?

nothing

I'll probably have a KI lobby up later when my friend gets off work if people still want to play. If it happens I'll post here.

anyone remember about 5 years ago when spooky was invited to talk on some e-sports show then they said some things that ticked him off? I remember he went off on them and hearing the words "Fuck that" and "grassroots" thrown around

if anyone has a link to that, that'd be great

Or we could just accept that some characters are high tier, mid tier, and low tier like all fighting games for years now.

You're hiding something

Who cares how many players there are in US. As long as there are plenty in EU everything that matters is fine.

I think it'll be fine the first year its out.
KoF has always had a dead scene in the US (thanks to Shill Fighter). Considering that people "hate" SFV they might give it a shot.

Say what you want about Max, but since he is playing it now expect his followers to play it as well [/spoilers]

The only games Europe plays are Call of Duty, Counter Strike and Fifa

People that watch Max don't play fighting games. But keep shilling.

anyone got a vid of MDZ Jimmy explaining his bullshit about the missed flight?

I can't watch the twitch video for some reason

Aganos is one, I had trouble with him at first.
Haven't faced much RAAMs but I have played him a decent amount and have done pretty well

Alright last fight

HUGO WHEN?

My opinion on Max is neutral. I don't love him or hate him.

I just see that he has a decent following so he obviously is doing something right.

Thanks for the lobby. Learned some stuff.

see I just dont want anyone impersonating me

GGs everyone, was lots of fun

When they add Oro for optimal grappler bullying

Needing Akiha could be a common thing, thanks to your deeds

did Dantarion just unlock colors or he also unlocked alternate costumes for SFV EVO?

She has a canon pairing in an upcoming MB expansion with a man of "talking in movie theatres" persuasion

Fuck Akiha

What is it about fighting games that attracts so many people who say they love a certain game but then they actually never/almost never play it? I seriously don't get it.

Xrd had a bunch of people hyping the game up and saying that was going to be their main fighting game etc.

Fast forward to know a most of those people disappeared. Xrd is dead as fuck.

Same thing is happening with KOF14. People shilling the game on /v/, Neogaf and here on /fgg/. I'll bet money these people are going to fucking vanish shortly after launch.

I don't understand why people love to do this with fighting games

why didn't capcom just unlock costumes and colors for evo stations?

why didn't mr wizard just buy all the costumes?

Like most streamers he only gets attention. It doesn't translate into sales because streamboars don't buy games. The only time they actually play the game the streamer does is if it's free to play.

This is why crosscounter and capcom pro talk gets more viewers actually playing in lobbies with them than Max. Because one is for an audience that plays the games and the other attracts an audience that doesn't.

Hipsters

fighting games are hard and no one likes losing 500 games until they get average then losing 1000 more until they get good

Everything.

They're hype monsters. They get excited, buy the game, stick with it for 2 weeks and then move on to the next wave of games in general. The key is getting hype about getting hype.

/fgg/ has a variation, where it shitposts in order to follow it with shitposting about shitposting.

hold that shit wite boi we comin for da waifus

how do I sniff punish

do you still have a link to that twit? my twitter-fu is null

Because SF will always dominate other fighting games. The promotions that Capcom does always attracts people. Now their promotion is getting big names now like Mike Ross/Gootecks/Floe/ComboFiend to promote the game as well.

I'll admit, I was hyped for GG Rev. Played it for a solid 2/3 weeks, and then went back to my main fighters (Tekken/KI). Games always get hyped and are popular 1st week, but then people go back to their old ways.

Even if you play 10,000 games there's no guarantee you'll get good. Some people just need a sensei.

mfw hugo isn't in the second wave of characters

Those are people who want to seem cool and hardcore to other casuals so they pretend they're totes part of the FGC and totes know a ton about fighting games.

Then they go online, get 20 streaked, they uninstall the game and go back to posting on websites about how much they love fighting games.

They literally just do it for appearances sake. For attention.

you are pathetic

Big personalities within the competitive scene with a larger emphasis on single competitors as opposed to teams.

Because you overestimate the amount of people you see online.
How many different people you think you have seen "shilling" KoF XIV? 100? 500? 1000? 5000?

Those numbers are tiny, super tiny. Take 1000 people, spread then around the world on different geographic locations on different timezones on different life schedules and different range on casual to no-life-autist axel and it spreads way thin.
And if game doesn't have critical mass, finding people to play with becomes a chore and people drop a game for that.

No matter how excited I am towards XIV, if I end up in situation where I spend 45 minutes waiting someone to join my lobby, I probably won't play it much ether.
There is no reason to play a game you can't play.

everything wrong in my life isnt my fault

blame devs for not making good singleplayer
>bah you'll never get good fighting the cpu
youtube.com/watch?v=ePv0Fs9cGgU
youtube.com/watch?v=IM4lG0haB0U
youtube.com/watch?v=wfL4L_l4U9A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ih8EfvOzBOY

>Not spending 3 hours in an empty lobby waiting for people to join
Juicebox-sama would be disappointed with you...

My idea for a single player mode would be to play a small developer to make an RPG mode similar to Odin Sphere and include that in the main game.

Please refer to him as Juice "Fucking asshole who slept in other people's houses for nothing" box

Megaman mode , play as Cammy and get the special moves from the Dolls bosses you defeat in the end of each stage

Juice already mastered the Chilean Special? Damn, he's really leveled up.

tekken 6 already has that with its garbage-ass beat em up single player mode.

>capcom wanted to do away with lights starting combos
>a good chunk of the cast can only confirm off of lights

hmm, really makes em think what capcom meant by this

>only
like who? only one i can think of is laura without counter hit

I played that back in the day. I couldn't ever get into it because the controls were so awful.

meanwhile Chunli still has lights to mediums with the best range

The only way to do real damage with Ibuki is to chain off of lights.

that would be fun in KoF

why are super jumps so impossible to do on the dpad in guilty gear. i can do them on the analog stick near 100% of the time

Billy's getting what he deserves.

unless i'm missing something, i can't find any for guile, balrog, birdie, and if i remember corretly, non-v-trigger necalli

wow fuck you

You very clear have never played any competitive game beyond scrub level.

Any skillful pursuit has certain fundamentals that will *only* get better with lots of practice and critical thinking.

Do you think LoL had a tutorial or any single player mode at all when it blew up in popularity from 2009-11? How about the CS Go?

No they didn't. Those games require massive amounts of time and dedidcation to get decnet at, just like fighting games. The difference? They are team games and have insanely low barrier of entry.

Why do you think Arena FPS, RTS and Foghting games are so dead? They are 1v1 genres with very high barriers of entry.

Look at how insanely popular Smash is with casuals. Why? Because it's a multiplayer game that you can play with your friends. The competitive Smash scene is a fucking joke compared to things like LoL and CS Go. Not even something with the name brand recognition of fucking Smash Bros can get casuals to pick up smash competitively on a large scale.

For 1v1 competitive games to ever have a chance they need to have a literal retard-proof barrier of entry. See: Hearthstone

>guile
st fierce (or st strong) into cr strong
>balrog
same as above
>birdie
maybe
>necalli
most of his confirms are from mediums
st forward or st strong into cr strong

hmm, okay i'll look into it, thanks for the heads up

I'm sorry but Capcom, what is this combo?
How do I do the 2nd input?

DLC me pay

turn on the button prompts dumbo

this looks so fucking good
how did you do it

go into a coma, then link Standing Hard Punch
it's not that hard

Why do you have the move names on lol

Turn on the button prompts

did SF4 have as many 50/50 situations?

guessing about throw or meaty combo over and over isn't that fun

also I hate karin

SF4 was literally 50/50: the game

>I don't understand why people love to do this with fighting games

This happens with literally every single multiplayer video game. The difference is, most video games manage to transform the launch-week hype into a healthy playerbase that, while usually not huge, still allows for pretty much everyone to get matches fast during most times of the day.

The reason fighting games have never been able to do this is simple: the FGC and the companies in charge of the games are made up of fucking dinosaurs that actively dislike the concept of online play and of online players ("online player" was turned into an actual fucking insult that you see even the most approachable community figures like Mike Ross using), so they're completely fucking incapable of maintaining a playerbase regardless of how much hype they manage to drum up before the game's release. People interested in your game get the feeling that they first need to make sure they have a local scene, and most of them don't because arcades died 20 years ago, so they just give up.

Accessibility can be things other than watering down game mechanics, but the FGC is completely unwilling to even make an attempt at those things. You're jumping through hoops to discover which games are alive where you live, whether people are using some alternative method for online matches or not, which communities talk about those games and what notation do they use because using the ingame names for moves is too difficult for some unexplicable reason, etc, etc. Breaking the barrier of entry to fighting games, even disregarding the mechanics of the games themselves, is like attempting to break through a concrete wall using your forehead. Even autists are usually not autistic enough to make it through.

this is street deepaschess fighter v guess jab/throw

SF4 had crouch teching. In SFV you always have to guess.

1) stop playing meme games (KI, GG, Marvel, Skullgirls, BB, MKX, etc)

2) play SF

3) be respected part of the FGC

challonge.com/DEVO2016

come play instead of streamboaring this weekend

SF4 had hard knockdowns that led to 50/50 every time

except that one time when we figured out unblockables and hard knockdowns just meant an automatic loss

but yeah I agree guys sf4 was so much better

It was in jest. I just wanted to point out the weird name for the 2nd input.
1440p max settings with motion blur disabled and other setting maxed out in the .ini file.
I then went to my 980ti in sli and cranked everything in the 3d settings like AA and fxaa to max too.

only nash ken and chun can link lights into mediums without counterhit lol?? lights have been prevalent in literally every street fighter, stop complaining?????

I like "hard reads" but it's boring on wakeup. Characters should just instantly roll back up after getting knocked down DESU

>nash
whats his

y cant i super cancel necros mp hcf p move into sa3?

lp mp, not actually a link just a target combo

youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs

>Arena FPS, RTS
>1v1 genres with very high barriers of entry
Quake III and Starcraft BW do not have high barriers of entry.

IMHO what fighting games need single-player wise is more extensive training modes.
>Level 1: Here are your buttons.
>Level 2: Here is how you block.
>Level 3: Here is how you footsie.
>Level 4: Here is how you AA.
>Level 5: Your opponent will do nothing but shoryuken. Punish him, or die.

also mika with her target combo

@148187519
>Quake III and Starcraft BW do not have high barriers of entry.
>Level 3: Here is how you footsie.

Not giving you a you.

>i posted it again

give it a rest, kof is here again.

>implying

Xrd has the best tutorial mode I have ever seen in any fighting game, it holds your hand from start to finish and does a great job at teaching you the mechanics.

Xrd is also dead as fuck. If you're not american or japanese you might as well forget that game exists because you're never getting a match unless you go out and literally convince people from other games to come play with you.