/twg/ - Total War General

Necromancy edition

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/CnFtmegWYAALFfd.jpg:large
youtube.com/watch?v=i7PSSvNGn5o
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Leopold's_Leopard_Company
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for DAWI

NO

SLEEP

TILL BEASTMEN

>I just ended up quitting because at turn 80 even with 100,000 in bank, I couldn't afford to have a second army of basic chaos warriors alongside my high tier army
are you stupid? You can afford 5 armies with that. This is chaos my man, not a civilization. who cares if you lose money every turn. with 100k in the bank you can afford it and just sack cities to keep your money up.
I'm loosing 3k every turn and I've destroyed kislev and united Norsca under me with 3 Chaos hordes and working on a 4th now.

>Holy shit does chaos need an ambush stance
agreed. but idk if lore wise Chaos would be patient enough to ambush.
also use chaos sorcerers to block enemy armies so you can catch them

>I do not think Chaos should start off at war with the Empire
eeeh hm maybee shouldn't start at war but I think as soon as you invade Kislev the Empire should get involved. That's what they do in the lore cuz if Kislev falls, the Empire is next

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

CHANGE

go to sleep birder

VAMPIRE CHAN VAMPIRE CHAN
I WANT TO KISS VAMPIRE CHAN!

Whats my best move here? I'm trying to lift a siege in hochland so I need my army somewhat in tact when I get there. How do I deal with these spam cannons without losing too many guys?

You can sleep now
pbs.twimg.com/media/CnFtmegWYAALFfd.jpg:large

autoresolve

Nigga thats gay.

Auto-resolving is only ever for undefended tier 1 settlements and follow-up attacks on rekd skaeling/varg raiding parties.

When are CA going to fix the Chaos campaign? This is the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered, turns and turns of cat and mouse, the AI constantly resettling territory you've claimed, agent spam, etc. I just ended up quitting because at turn 80 even with 100,000 in bank, I couldn't afford to have a second army of basic chaos warriors alongside my high tier army.

The most retarded thing was when I would attack a Kislev army, they would retreat, and I couldn't reengage them, for three turns before I just gave up. Holy shit does chaos need an ambush stance. AND FUCK me the AI would just abuse ambush even with shitty forces of like ten guys against my hordes. I could never attack them.

I do not think Chaos should start off at war with the Empire. It should be Kislev and Norsca, and then "realm divide" around when the Everwatcher shows up should be when the Empire and whomever unanimously declare war on you. Allowing you to actually push out and do whatever.

And why the fuck does the game constantly give me garbage when it gives me free agents? I end up immediately disbanding them.

Git gud. It completely baffling how many people here have no idea how to play chaos.

>try out EB2
>hoplites have massive pike length spears and all wear muscle cuirass'
>all the building do shit like +5% happiness or some nothing bullshit

Have I been memed? Is there actually historical precedent for the hoplites? Is city building always shit and boring?

Is this some sort of pasta?

what is this shit, why is radious doing this

if you aren't sacking a settlement every three turns or so you aren't playing chaos right. Also don't have a super high tier army until mid-late campaign. Marauders are more than enough until then. You need to upgrade your lords and get those upkeep reductions.

Ok this is silly but nothing that weird, Sylvania does have living auxiliary troops.

Lore wise sylvania used to use state troop analogues.

Sounds like Chaos isn't for you.

>Hoplites pike length spears

Well, they should be about 8' long, you aren't by chance confusing Phalangites for Hoplites are you?

>muscle cuirass

Yeah it was still in use

What faction are you playing?

>buildings

There's a whole bunch of problems there, I'd read through the forum if you are confused. Some problems include building bonuses not showing up in the building viewer, certain colony buildings only show up in the viewer when you have the colony points to build them and disappear when you use up all the colony points

What specifically is your building issue? Temples?

That's the most acceptable radious unit so far

I-is Radious going sane? What could dispel such corruption?

Just wait until he makes the Sylvanian Reikguard(pistolers)

>Ally with Talabecland near the beginning of my Empire campaign
>He remains loyal and faithful throughout
>He never calls me into any bullshit wars
>When the time comes, we defeat Chaos together
>Even during the Age of Peace, he remains a stalwart and resolute ally, helping me crush a rebellion by the treacherous Ostermarkians
>By this point he controls the eastern half of the Empire
>Know that this will end in war
>It doesn't
>He peacefully confederates

Why is Helmut Feuerbach such a bro /twg/?

Just lost half my army finishing off those stupid cannons. Is there no strategy to beat them if you don't have flying units?

I really hope so user. I'm immune to caffeine these days with the 3 pots of black french roast

>Allying with Taalabecland

It's like you're asking to be dragged into meaningless wars. Taalabecland is for exploiting for money early game.

Wissenland is the true ally. Shame their Countess is a nutter, but the guy who actually does all the work is pretty cool.

What the fug does Karl say to the Vampire Counts if he's friendly to them?

Why the fuck do characters becomes retarded with their pathfinding once you stick them on a flying mount.

Trying to get Karl to kill anyone once he's on Deathclaw is a pain. Almost every fight with an enemy lord goes as follows:

>fly around for a bit
>miss the charge so run around on the ground for a bit
>fly back into the air
>hit the enemy general
>send them flying for tens of metres, but do no damage
>charge at them and run into them for a good hundred metres
>finally realise they're in attack range and do a single attack
>whether it hits or misses, take into the air and repeat from scratch

This shit is getting old.

>You are not welcome in my court, yet here you stand. Friend or Foe, we shall see.

What can I turn down to make my game run better?

Anti-aliasing, it is the biggest system hog out of everything.

Artillery in modern TW games is more accurate than current day laser guided missiles

Take one unit of cav out in their range, run in one direction. When they shoot, immediately run in the opposite direction. A bit more difficult with more cannons, but still possible. You can literally run in a square, turning 90 degrees every time a salvo is fired.

Repeat until they are out of ammo.

Just ignore their entire army and use your demis to rush their hellcannons.

You really need artillery of your own to force them to attack you.

You could also autoresolve.

I normally have a flying general for the late game to deal with artillery before it becomes an issue.

Kinda boring but reasonable. I like Mannfred's friendly voicelines to the human factions, they're all very conniving.

Well hellcannon is literally guided

If I recall, Karl's a little friendlier to the generic Vampire Counts. Probably because they aren't quite as chronic with their backstabbing as Mannfred is.

I'm looking at the Napoleon Order Of War mod for NTW. What are the pros and cons compared to Darthmod? I didn't see any info for it in the FAQ, and LME crashes when I launch it.

see

I could watch this all day. Skeletons are the fucking coolest and I'm glad CA gave them different animations that all the human or even zombie units.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7PSSvNGn5o

What sort of relations will Beastmen and Warriors of Chaos have?

If a Vargheist get shot by a warpstone bullet, would it get stronger?

the kind where tips touch
not balls though so it's ok

Just got the age of peace at turn 135 on my first ever campaign. Is that early? I only fought one battle against chaos in my entire campaign. I'm allies with like 10 other factions and once the chaos invasion happened stacks on stacks of dwarfs and brets were rolling into the waste to fight them. I was also allied with every other Empire faction so ostland, nordland, and hochland were a big help. All in all though it didn't feel like the "end times" I kinda feel gypped.

Do they go [TOO LEWD] holding hand-in-hand?

G O B L I N S

CEASE

Felman Ingersson a cute

They serve the same gods and do cooperate in order to do so. They have the same enemies and the same goal. The kicker is that the human worshipers get much more attention from the gods compared to the Beastmen.

This is due to the Dark Gods do not have to do much in order to keep the beastmen in line. On a scale from chaos spawn to Tzeentch sorcerer, Beastmen are pretty easily controlled due to their innate being (a direct product of chaos influence). Human servants do need the carrot presented to keep the gears moving.

Extraordinary beastmen do receive gifts in return for their deeds and there are beastmen who do devote to one god (common among doombulls, like our buddy pic related).

Why are there a bunch of different magic lore sorcerers for WoC but I can't get a necromancer with lore of death in VC?

I meant, in game, will Chaos and Beastmen be able to confederate? Will Chaos Corruption raise Beastmen armies? Will Archaon's invasion raise Beastmen armies from the Chaos Wastes?

Khazrak and Archaon were friendly, so it's a given that Beastmen should have to aid Archaon bring the End Times in their campaign objectives, so it'd be weird if you cannot join their armies.

Plus mixing up Beastmen and Warrios means we could mix Daemons up too when they are added, and thus recreate Hordes of Chaos.

What does this mean? Beastmen? Skaven? Elves? A small underwhelming DLC?

If it isn't beastmen dlc it must be a new Huntsmarshal hero for the empire

You guys think CA will maek Norsca playable?

I think they will a long time from now.after the other factions are done

Insta-DLC, effortless shekels?

yeah I mean they have the voices.
they have experience with merchant tier viking DLC from Attila
they have the legendary lords already in the game (at least I think so)
all they need is some more units, GW might even let them make some up for Norsca.

I'd buy it proabably. would be great to raid around with norscan tribes all over the world and maybe comlete mini quest to unlock mutations for your heroes or gain chaos demonic units from the gods

would TW: Warhammer be better if they added a Pontus faction to it?

But I don't wanna play as Pontus...

Of course it'll much better.

everything's better with Pontus

what fucking battle difficulty do you fags play at in these games? obviously campaign difficulty is a matter of personal choice. but there seem to be not good options for battle difficulty. Normal mode is too easy, but losing a battle on hard mode or very hard more just feels hollow because you know the AI won by cheating.

am I supposed to suck it up and play on hard mode, knowing full well that the AI doesn't deserve its victories? or am I supposed to make intentionally bad decisions on normal mode? how do I challenge myself?

just limit yourself
give the enemy way more troops and play on normal if you can't git gud

for comfy games I usually play VH campaign Hard battle

For DEI Rome 2 I play VH campaign Normal

my most common campaigns are VH/VH however

How would Pontus fare against TWW factions?

>Will Chaos Corruption raise Beastmen armies?

God, I hope so.
16% corruption in a province = 16% (per turn) chance of getting a stack of bestmen in your face ...
6 provinces like that = 100% chance of 1 bestmen stack per turn = *fun* for everybody!

That isn't how probabilities work.

>confederate
no

>Corruption based armies
no, hordes are hordes, population surplus and favor

>Beastmen armies in the Archaon storm
maybe, there are a lot of beastmen up there, could easily slip an allied faction of them for the invasion

>Beastmen/WoC cooperation
The game probably won't force you to help WoC but you damn well should be able to, but as allies, its like 2 nations with similar cultures hhelping each other out

>Hordes of Chaos
They split those factions a long time ago. While there are chaos units in Beastmen (giants, warhounds, spawn, etc.) they are still the beastmen, the human WoC are themselves

>Daemons
They already have daemon leaders for WoC instead of being their own faction. Wouldn't mind seeing daemons supplement Beasties or WoC rather than be on their own. Hostile daemon hordes spawning in high corruption areas would be cool by themselves to fuck up everyone's shit at random.

Of course it is.
Now, if it were the case of IF one doesn't THEN the other might - I'd say you're right.

But this is a straight-up 6-roll (so to speak) - so you can get anywhere from 0 - to up to 6 (continuing the example) bestmen stacks.

As I said - *fun*!

We've had confirmation that CA intend for all sixteen army books to be implemented eventually, so that means Daemons of Chaos will be their own faction, as will Chaos Dwarfs.

>sixteen army books

Empire, Brettonia, Dwarfs, Orcs & Goblins, Warriors of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos, Beastmen, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Skaven, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, High Elves, Dark Elves, and Wood Elves are the core fifteen GW army books. The sixteen figure most likely includes Chaos Dwarfs, as they had a Forgeworld supplement a few years back.

The map is pretty claustrophobic in my opinion at the moment. It feels so much smaller compared to other TW titles, as if it is a third of the size it should be, especially given half the settlements are uninhabitable for a given race.

I understand that, but daemons by themselves just isn't as appealing to me as having them supplement chaos forces (like they do in WoC anyway...)

where muh female dorfs at

So? That doesn't matter. On the tabletop they're a distinct faction with their own rules and army book, so CA will do the same thing in-game. Probably with some kind of summoning mechanic to travel around the map at will to areas of high chaos corruption.

I think it'll be neat. Beastmen taint the Old World, slowly increasing the levels of corruption. Warriors of Chaos ebb and flow like the tide, pushing south and then receding back to the north at random. And Chaos Daemons appear whenever either faction is particularly successful to really turn up the hurt.

nice joke

Agreed, when places like Kislev have seven settlements and places like Stirland have one and the moot you know the scale is all messed up.

Hoping they do a more detailed old world map in a campaign dlc.

Fair enough. When beastmen are added it should open up quite a dynamic in the campaigns for most factions.

Every single human faction will now have Beastmen prodding and poking around fucking things up. As a horde they may even have a respawn event.

For chaos its a potential bro that isn't incompetent Norscans or almost dead Greenskins trying to save themselves in an alliance with you.

Orcs might every once in a while have a raiding army get ambushed but along with dwarfs probably they won't feel their impact as much.

There's nothing wrong with that. Why would a humab live underground in a dwarf hold and visa versa? You could always get a mod to satisfy your retarded map painting craving.

You're right, there isn't.

I didn't intend to imply I had anything against the un-settlable provinces. I think it's fine.

I just mean to say that given there are such provinces, the map feels smaller.

Wait for the expansions.

>Trying to defend a decision that was made purely for game balance reasons with in-world logic

Just stop

Regional occupation restrictions were a good idea and make the game more fun, but it does not and never will make sense within the logic of the setting.

>i don't know what I'm talking about

>Khazrak One-Eye vs Boris Todbringer mini campaign
ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THURSDAY? it's going to be the announcement and a release date I guess

they would slaughter fantasy fucking shits, noone in TWW even has pikes

The real question is if the entire WHFB universe plus all the armies of the classical age combined went up against a platoon of abrams, who would come up on top?

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Leopold's_Leopard_Company

The Badlands were literally a giant human empire before the orcs moved in you mongoloid, there is zero in-world reason they couldn't live there.

Warhammer side because Purple Fun Exists

The abrams has NBC protection.

Magic wins 'cus magic

>Abrams Platoon reigns supreme on the battlefield
>Honeywell Turbine guzzles gas like no end
> Gas runs dry, Abrams turned into glorified pillboxes
> No tanker to refuel
> No ammo depot

Lawd, this is /twg/ yet nobody thinks of logistics.

Are there any good mods out for TWW yet? I haven't played the game since the 2nd, because frankly. Well, there's not much replayability for me right now aside from making webms.

I said TWW, as in TOTAL WAR warhammer, so far there are no pikes in it

Khorne

If you haven't played with Molay's Spells and Artifacts then you should, the game becomes a lot more fun when magic is actually usable.

Ah, Wissenland, the glorified outskirts of a city full of fops, and ever Reikland's lapdog.

>ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL BEASTMEN ANNOUNCEMENT

I REALLY HOPE SO

In before it's just a hero for the empire

Or worse Its nothing

So the initial invasion went well, took 2 cities + capital but I only brought one and a half stacks and the infantry of the Druchii is stronger than you would expect, not sure if I can hold this hellhole.

Name one total war game that has logistics involved.