Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Stop fear mongering edition

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Demo is out, has online.
-Monster Hunter Generations has leaked out before release

>How do I get my hands on the leak?
pastebin.com/DFm4RiXK
All info including save transferring is here

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Banned?

Second for Lewd bubble baths with Mizu

Fuck off autist, you're not fooling anyone. The only way to get banned is using public headers on a sky3ds/gateway flashcart but that's only if you're retarded, and can be avoided using private headers. Even if you do manage to get banned using a .3ds rom with a public header, you can change headers and go online like nothing happened. Nothing to do with cias.

Why are you so butthurt about pirates? They are a small minority, literally less than 1% of all people who play the game (using general statistics, not specific to MHX/MHGen). Once again, you're not fooling anyone.

Also even if, theoretically, you did somehow get banned by Nintendo/Capcom using your unique 3DS console ID/NNID, there is already a way to easily change that by just changing a number. You cannot be permanently banned by being a piratefag you fear mongering retard.

reminder

unless you're seeing 0002-0102, you're not banned

>putting a link to get banned in the OP

lol

HAPPENING

\>didn't change the OP
Looks like this thread will go down as well, good work

You faggots got the other thread 404'd with that shit

There's no proof to it yet and I doubt there even are handing out bans

EVEN THE THREAD GOT BANNED HOLY SHIT
THEY'RE ONTO US!!

What the fuck are you talking about? I pirated the game

Is Generations/X as hard as 4U?

I loved Reverse raping 2 apex Rajang.

Reminder that a Maintenance error code is not the same as a Ban error code.

While everyone is seeing maintenance, chances are some of you are seeing a ban on top of it.

>pirate fags btfo

My nigga no, you were such a bro hunter, rip ;_;

So why was the last thread hot pocketsed before its time? Hmm?

OP got banned and deleted it out of anger. it was hilarious watching his reaction

I had the 002 code but now I'm getting 001-0811 which is server maintenance.

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE FROM NINTENDO JUST CALLED ME TELLING ME TO DELETE MY PIRATED COPY OR THEY WOULD ACTIVATE MY 3DS'S REMOTE KILLSWITCH

moot pirated the thread so it got banned

There is no moot, only Hiroyuki now.

Whats your fave style and fave monster to hunt

I really love Adept and Zinogre is my favorite monster to slug it out with.

We know you are here janitor, can we please have a reason to why the last thread was deleted?

Nintendo called Hiro to delete any piracy threads.

Links on how to pirate in the op, probably.

What style I choose depends on the weapon and monster.

And that's a reason to delete the thread because.....?

>iwata was killed so that we wouldn't find out
>it's happening

>Previous thread got deleted
I left for a half an hour and this happened. What the fuck did you guys do?

OP deleted it because he was pissed he got banned

When a person gets banned, mods can choose to also delete all their posts and threads.

Tell me /mhg/, is Meowstress for snug or fug?

Global Rules

You will not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to anything that violates local or United States law.

>Snug Meowstress
>Fug Monsters.

>solo to hr4 ignoring village quests
>cutting through boring village quests now with cat carbalite sword like butter

It was rough but worth it in the end.

Anybody else getting "Server Maintenance" error?

Okay that explains a lot assuming that was what happened.

mug

Then why is there an /hbg/ general that stays on until last page with OP links to thousands of pirated games?

"server maintenance"

lol the denial is strong

I meant in general what you like based on how it feels.

shhhh

snug after the wet adult kiss.

Because there aren't any direct links to pirated material in the OP?

To anyone who's waiting til the 15th to play Gen, are you going to do the singleplayer stuff first or will you jump straight into online? I usually like to play through the village quests to get a feel for the new stuff but this seems fairly similar and I don't want to burn out on the boring stuff before things get serious.

Any perks for buying physical or digital editions? I remember for MH4U there were a couple of 3ds home menus for buying digital.

The retail cart I've got is working fine - I'm in a lobby right now, but trying to get online on my hacked o3ds and gens cia brings up server maintenance. I don't know what that means.

Have you been to /hbg/? Are you retarded?

yeah, that's why he had to pirate it

how do i move my save from eu to us?

>Going online immediately and becoming a carried shitter
I didn't do it in 4U, and I wont do it in some kusoge spin-off

I'm not banned though

Am I still a filthy pirate if I bought MHX but downloaded MHG?

Did you post some questionable shit in another thread that got deleted?

Nibelsnarf and striker SnS.

Bomb, fish and KO. So satisfying.

what the fuck is with the font in MHG?
The translation looked way better.

goddamit capcom

If I go online is to play with my friends, otherwise I'm just gonna plow thru the village stuff.

Nah I made the thread then left for a couple hours and came back to see it turned into a trainwreck

Why would you go online immediately, get some decent equips first.

who the fuck jumps into MP first? WHO?

hjelp

You won't be carried if you CARRY your own weight.

Det er ikke noe hjelp for deg nå.
You're dead and gone

Because the online and single player campaigns have been designed to be run concurrently. If you progress to far in one, the another will feel like shit.

>I cant read the OP

can jp copies of the game connect through local play with us/eu copies even though they can't do online with each other?

PIRATEFAGS B T F O

B

T

F

O

>start searching for cute images of meowstress
>see absolute haram tier shit

So are Heavy/Strike bows worth using? They play like a Rapid bow, but have a closer critical range and have innate Destroyer. They seem to work quite well with Adept so far, given that you can belt off shots instantly and it'll be at the right range for a critical hit.

Nope. JP copies are completely locked out to be in their own little world. If they weren't, people would be able to use JP exclusive armors with outsiders.

Gens offline is absolute shit at first. You really are better off going online straight away this time. Naked hunt if you're good or farm for the bulljaggi mix then Rathalos full set for high rank. The item box in low rank has enough shit so you won't need to bring your own. Just work on making the pierce cat build and getting your farm going.

Why is offline shit?

>pierce cat build
what's that?

Shit tons of gathering and small monster quests

what a shame, guess i'll have to buy another copy to play with stateside friends

I personally hate the feel of heavy bows, but it's mostly up to personal preference, they could work well with adept if you're always right in the monster's face though

proof or gtfo

>Get the Generations demo
>that feel you seem to confused by everything that isn't Guild style.

I feel so outdated and Guild is just last game's gameplay.

what's the general role of each style? Cause the tutorial will make anything sound good. I wanna hear an actual player

幡羅タヒチラマリ

So far I haven't had any issues with a heavy bow. I just slapped together a set of Sailor with Gammoth legs to get Focus, Heavy Up, and Evasion +1 (just because I had an open slot and 9 points in it already) with the Squidward bow (only bow in the game to have Heavy lvl5 and innate Load Up). It's worked out pretty well for me, since I'm clearing any monster in ~8 minutes, but I wanted to see if there were any more optimal solutions.

I am considering getting into monster hunter for the first time Veeky Forums.. is it a good deal to buy the nintendo DS package with it in it?

I am concerned because I haven't played before but it looks interesting. Also, how is the online play? Is it neccesary?

Guild = 2 arts and totally normal gameplay.
Aerial = 1 art and your roll is replaced with a hop. Ramming into a monster with this hop causes you to leap into the air, and you can then do mounting attacks as if you jumped off a ledge.
Striker = 3 arts and a gimped Guild moveset. Focus on spamming arts to deal more damage.
Adept = 1 art and a semi-gimped Guild Moveset. You have innate Evasion +3, and any time you evade successfully allows you to deal a massively damaging attack.

if you don't know if you like it or not, pirate 4U and try it out for a while, don't waste money on something you're not sure you'll like

online isn't necessary but it's fun, play offline stuff first though

Why is the Meowstress giving the Moofa a piggy back ride? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

PPSSPP

Freedom Unite

Or come play MHO online like a real man

Striker is shit in the demo since it's like a hobbled guild style, not sure about the full game.

Actually I think I played.. freedom unite? A REALLY LONG time ago. On the PSP? IS that the one? I remember having fun but being confused because my weapons seemed like shit and I wasn't sure what to do.

What is online play like? Does one person like carry the others if that one person has superior armor and gear? What roles are there on a hunt?

So for Adept am I right in thinking Absolute Evasion is the art to chose? Or is one of the others better?

>Adept = 1 art and a semi-gimped Guild Moveset. You have innate Evasion +3, and any time you evade successfully allows you to deal a massively damaging attack.

This one is the one that I'm having the hardest time to. I dodge and I don't know what i must press right after. I dodge and nothing happens so in the end it just feels like I'm gimped and have no benefits.

Also I know scrubs asking for tips is hated around anywhere MH related, but does anyone have recommendations of styles for heavier weapons? I'm sick and tired of people shitting on me because I use CB and IG so I wanna try out stuff like LS and Hammers cause they seem way more respected and because it's always good to expand your hunter weapon tastes..

everyone hits the monster until it dies

people only really get carried if there's someone who joins that's head and shoulders above the rest or there's a person who sits in the corner and does nothing

>LS & Hammer
>respected

Is this a joke?

>Looks up loli character on Gelbooru
>Surprised that it's absolute haram tier shit

Why would you choose dodge art on a dodge style?

After you dodge with Adept, you'll begin dashing off in the direction that you are pressing on your joystick. Pressing X or A unleashes an attack, depending on the weapon. For example, Adept Bow causes you to instantly charge to max and deal bonus damage if you hold X after a dodge.

>Also I know scrubs asking for tips is hated around anywhere MH related

Fuck that shit, and fuck the people who are dicks.

As for heavy weapons, GS can be fun as balls with Aerial style, since it allows you to deal mount damage out the ass AND charge your chops at a super fast rate.

Do Urgent Quest monsters have double health the second time around or something? Doing the tetsucabra quest the second time playing pretty much exactly the same and it took me over twice as long the first time I did it.

There's no online server for Gen you dumbfucks, you can't get banned for pirating.
at most you could get banned if Ninty decides to ban people using DLCs that aren't here yet, but they didn't banned shit on 4U and i doubt they can.
it's not like you can unban yourself with a couple of minutes on GBAtemp.

You already have decent evasion, so get an offensive skill, triple volley is nice so keep it

For Adept dodges you have to dodge into attacks. So say a fireball is coming at you, instead of dodging away, roll into it.

>recently bought a 144hz monitor
>try to go back to playing mhg and its silky-smooth 23fps
fucking hell I fucked my eyes up

>nintendrone trying to get people banned

how much do they pay you per ban?

On online hunts if you're playing with random people (which you will be by the sounds of it) you can easily be carried by other players so I'd recommend playing some single player first. There's plenty of guides out there to help you get started, as well as a more detailed tutorial than you had previously. You can safely ignore a lot of the mechanics during the low-rank quests since items are provided automatically and gems/charms aren't as important. Monster Hunter's the type of series that you'll love or hate, and if it clicks you'll have potentially hundreds of hours of fun ahead. If you don't like it then you'll see it as hundreds of hours of tedious clunky grinding-both are valid. Luckily for you the game's much more accessible and immediately rewarding than FU- the PSP games were a lot more demanding of the player. Even if you don't like Monster Hunter the XL bundle isn't a bad price and you can use it to play plenty of other games so I'd say that's worth a shot.

>triple volley
Guess I forgot to mention I'm maining SA.

More than what your mom pays me for pretending to be your friend you sad sack of shit.

>For example, Adept Bow causes you to instantly charge to max and deal bonus damage if you hold X after a dodge.
I didn't know this.
So you get the damage boost while holding X during/after the dodge, or mid sprint?