/pgg/ Pokemon Go General

Read the pastebin before asking stupid questions.

About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

First for Valor

This game is just Vaporeon GO

How long did the game keep you outdoors and out of your room today?

>4 hours

Anyone else notice how there are fucking NO steel or dark types in this game? What gives?

Who /nopokestopswhereyoulive/ here?

>no steel types
What is magnemite

gen 1 son

i have 2 and a gym within 2 mins of me, but then nothing else nearby, so its not too bad

magnemite is the only steel type in the original, so go catch him senpai

because they're both introduced in gen 2 you dumb fuck

7. I tore a ligament in my right ankle a few years ago so i have to stop whenever it swells up or I'd be out more.

>servers crash right as I'm catching a clefable
>they stay down for a half hour

Fuck this game

>510 eevee evolves into a 1040 jolteon
what the fuck game, does Jolteon really have that much lower of an evolution multiplier compared to flareon and vaporeon?

Why would anyone bother walking for pokemon when you can find just more by sitting at a lured pokestop? Or is this incorrect?

Yes, and jolteon usually has that 5 dmg base attack

He got gimped

I have two pokestops, one in my local library and one in my local zoo which will be closing in a couple months.

No gyms.

>live in the south
>all the landmarks are church's
Can't wake up

xth for fat fucks afraid of fresh air

>tfw you can no longer insult the no-lifer NEETs who play vidya 24/7 by telling them to go outside because they're spending all fucking day outside now

Does anyone have a half-decent list of available movesets? I want to believe serebii's is very incomplete because some stuff there doesn't make sense.

Lures cost money

And looking around manually gives you a chance at other shit

I dunno about anyone else but i tend to find more rares just walking around my neighborhood than sitting at lures. Caught a kadabra last night and a pikachu today

>not mooching off of other people's lures

is thundershock really that bad

my only good mon so far is an electabuzz with thundershock and thunder punch

you mean like, different kinds of pokes?

but how else will I catch a million magikarps?

Lures are pretty damn common where I love, once I take a 5 min drive into town/by the pier.

>your eevees CP doubled when evolved
mine didnt even double when it turned into a jolteon/flareon, what?

How much longer until news stories about how some guy lost 300 pounds playing Pokemon Go?

are servers ded

FIX THE SERVERS NIANTIC

GOD FUCKIN DAMN

>walk to a lured pokestop
>theres someone there waiting to rob you

>Buddy and I set up lure at pretty chill location
>5 cars show up about 15 minutes later
>none of them get out
>all of them leave as soom as lure runs out
probably mystic fags

>People that lure places with nowhere to sit
I wish these people would die

it's worth it for extra xp

RULES OF NATURE

To be honest it doesn't look like super effective does anything past the graphic, a 5 dmg base attack is still a 5 dmg base attack and will take ages to bring down a pokemon of a similar lvl

>be american
>shoot him

>walked around my neighborhood for at least 4 hours a day
>my sister was happy about me and bought me a bicycle so we can ride around together

why does the nearby bar keep blinking when it's empty

and why haven't i been able to find a single pokemon

>Got tablet on sale last year
>Runs PoGO fine, but has no way to use data for GPS
>Can't root tablet to spoof to local places because bootloader can't unlock

How is everyone's hunting going tonight? Waiting for something to wander into my range like a fat hermit.

>you can tap missed pokeballs on the ground to get them back

Is your sister cute?

I'm convinced super-effectiveness is not 2x in this game. It's closer to 1.5x, maybe even 1.3x.

>next mass shooting will be at a lured pokestop in a major city

If you don't have any pokemon in your nearby bar than you need to force close the app and reset it, that's often a sign of a crash

Goddamn Europeans breaking the servers. Almost had a gym, too.

Is STAB a thing in pogo

I've NEVER had a pokemon in the bar

impregnate her

>tfw theres always 3-4 pokemon at the strip club

When I try to open the game in BlueStacks, I just get a grey screen after the Niantic logo.

help

on the other hand trying to do damage when your move isn't very effective makes you do like 10% damage

Can someone explain to me why my Aerodactyl is such a pansy even after stuffing it with candy? I hatched it from a 10km egg, I expected it to be able to hit higher CP than this.

well sh*t i cleared my cache and got logged out

now i can't get back in

Just a fun fact: Westboro Baptist Church is Mystic, proving how autistic blue team is

I got blue stacks to spoof my location but I cannot get any pokestops/gyms/etc to load once I'm there. Any advice?

what's a good team to join anons? i joined the yellow one because it had a pic of zapdos and im starting to think its shit

also a good lineup/team comp? i was hoping to go for my typical gen 1 team which is:
- alakazam or starmie
- rhydon
- exeggutor
- snorlax
- chansey
- zapdos if an event pops up but jolteon for now

already got half of them (base evols) so it should be p comfy getting others

I didn't play Ingress, but it seems to me like it was better than Pokemon GO. Like there was a lot more to it than just walking around to random shit.

>That feeling when I'm a 24 year old guy hanging out with children and high schoolers as we roam around hitting up gyms

>at a quad lure spot with 45848905 other people
>friend is high af but wants to meet a girl
>decide to fuck with him and tell him to say "hey there Jigglystuff!" next time a cute girl walks by that plays
>He does it
>It's actually working

>using candy on a low CP pokemon

It was worse because no nostalgia

>gangs of frat guys walking around my college down catching pokemon

Isn't that the entirety of what ingress was?

Why not?

Once you get to level 15, rare pokemon stop becoming as rare. Once you hit 20 the only "rare" pokemon are the 6 that aren't in the game yet(birds, mewtwo, mew, ditto)

>tfw Im a muslim thats been hanging out at the church frequently because of pokestops

Teach me. I know not what I do.

wow haha thats nuts!

It was Pokémon Go without random encounters, and much more focus placed on controlling territory.

There were also more features in place that helped you more than there are in pogo. You can search for nearby portals and there are missions that contain entire pre-planned routes that hit a ton of stops.

Also there's only two teams which makes the competition more predictable.

whats the best spot anybody has found?

conservatory garden in central park ny has 4 stops in single radius and tons around the area

anybody seen better?

Dont patronize me

Did you read the pastebin? Did you read through the old thread? People have been repeating the same lines over and over.

what is this?

It's middle of the night in Europe.

im not gay...

A nigger

Fearow the evolution of Spearow
not ho-oh

Anybody notice that razz berries tend to fuck with your throws? Every time i use one my pokeballs will start to erratically veer to the right or left without fail.

Moltres

We've got a casual here.

why the f do you have so much shit near you

i have literally nothing

You're supposed to be curveballing all your throws anyway. There's no reason not to. That extra 10 xp stacks up to A LOT over time

Just from what I see in videos, the map seems better. Like the GPS turns with you and is more accurate, the pokestop equivalents are more than just free shit, there's a feed of people near you, and chat.

I dunno, just seems like Pokemon GO is extremely simplified. Which is probably deliberate.

I'm fucked and can't really enjoy Pokemon GO because my town is way too small. So maybe it gets more complex later, or maybe the simplicity makes it better because of the social element.

Just noticed that Ingress seems more technically advanced.

Yes. Save me, please.

Holy fuck lads I thought the Pokemon Go autism was overblown but it's reached full peak at my University town.

>walking home from gym at midnight
>(real gym you fat fucks)
>see multiple people walking around staring down at their phones
>one walks into the street
>car narrowly misses him
>saw one guy run into a cyclist
>most notably, was the full blown basement dweller
>walked past him in alley
>stared at him
>humongous fat blob, easily 400+lbs
>skin so white, guarantee this is the first time he's left his house in yonks
>oversized baggy clothing
>scraggly neckbeard
>pulled back, receding and balding ponytail
>wheezing as I passed him

I couldn't look at him without smirking lads, it was too fucking funny.

Guarantee it was one of you spastics.

Is it possible to hunt a spot to temporary extinction. I haven't got shit on my map and ive been walking around for 5 hours

Who auckland here

Americans: Jump into Pokemon GO servers designed for Japan and Australia
Also Americans: "why are the servers so shit"

Are kabuto and omanyte rare?
I caught a lot of them today by the beach

>You can search for nearby portals

That is definitely coming soon. We are still on version 0.29, there are some very basic features they have to add. I'm hoping missions of some sort would be one of them as well.

It was me also your lats are fucking tiny

how can I spoof on my pc

everyone I know waited for official launch here

Half the time when I get a curveball it doesn't even register as one.

If I want XP I'll mass evolve pidgeys, it's not worth my time to try to curveball for 10XP on every shitmon I see when I can get thousands at a time with a lucky egg and mass evolutions

I noticed my throws curve when the Pokemon is far away. Anytime I try to catch a Magmar it is located on the back of the screen. Drag my finger to far up and it curves.

on ios, pokego has full access to your gmail. is it safe lads, or am i a paranoid faggot

They're sorta rare, for whatever reason none of the bodies of water in town have any water types outside an occasional seel, anyone know how to contact customer service?

how are you getting lucky patcher to work? mine's not showing that bluestacks is rooted

The only thing you lunge is a burger into your mouth.

yea I'm Auckland. Red team?

Yes I did read the pastebin. I'm still not sure why my Aerodactyl is not as strong as I was anticipating, compared to other Pokémon in local gyms.

>Auto-login when
If those shitty jap servers are going to keep fucking me i want to at least skip the login screen