/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Prey Slaughtered: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best weapon.

Ahh mems or some say memems

Ludwig's Rifle or Blunderbuss?

QUEEN OF MY HEART. MY COMPASSIONATE CARETAKER. MY DEVOTED DOLL.

Tell me what thou desires most. You want my sword? It's yours. You want my blood? It's yours. You want the moon?

LET ME SHOOT IT DOWN FOR YOU THEN

Are you the guy with the terrible hoontah pictures?

>HUD

Default 0/10, try harder next time.

Anyone up for Forbidden Woods, starting at the lamp?

Ringing, pass is 'dubious'

Fucking nice dude. Gave me an idea there.

Yeah I'll join

Okay, embarking.

I gotta repair my weapon, Pete. Meetcha back at lamp?

You didn't join did you?

I was Grumpy Pete.

Okay, ringing again, you both wanna join?

No I'm still at the lamp

Sure hope we don't get invaded hint hint

Here's what I think of your doll

Gotdamn they got destroyed. Nice going, erryone~

We got them good.

Sadly my Bone Ash'd Cannon completly missed, ruining the climatic ending....

If anyone wants to help me on Lower Pthumuru Undead Giant it would be greatly appreciated, might as well use the same password.

It's been a few months since I've visited /bbg/, do you guys still do weekly fight clubs? Do you still max over 50 posters per thread?

You're damn right we do FCs.
Don't know how many posters we get per thread: I'm not autistic enough to check. Just jump back a thread and see what the number was at.

That's a good point. I'm fucking burnt out on Souls so I'm considering making some pvp chars for BB. I don't know why I'd do this since bloodgem grinding was horrible but at least the base game was more fun than DaS3.

Photoshop fags put this Golden Face over the Red Moon in that pic and we've got ourselves a new meme. Made by /bbg/ for /bbg/

The salt is real. Stay jelly.

Is it possible to have both the white and red messenger ribbons at the same time?

I'm not salty, I'm just saying, if you want to take dope screenshots, you turn your HUD off. It's a good shot, but you didn't turn off the HUD so it's shit by default.

Kek'd and saved.

Glad you know my name

Most fun:
Stake Driver
Saif
Stake Driver

Fun
Chikage
Wheel
HMLS
Reiterpallasch
Burial Blade

Average
Arm
Cutter
BOM
Church Pick
Beast Claw
Simon's Bowblade
Whirlgig

Boring
Saw Cleaver
Saw Spear
Threaded Cane
Hunter's Axe
Boomhammer
Bloodletter
Ludwig's Holy Blade

Most Boring
Rifle Spear
Tonitrus
Kos Pieceofshit
Rakuyo

>Defiled Amy jump attack
>I as a summon survive with a sliver of health
>Host dies
Every fucking time. Equip your hp runes god dammit.

I forgot Kirkhammer. Put it in Most fun along with Saif and the Stake Driver.

It helps to realize, most people running defiled Amygdala aren't just doing it for fun. You can't get your 15% HP rune until after Defiled, which means your host probably has something like ten percent less health than they ought to.

Add to that a lot of people don't seem to think leveling vit is a good idea, and, well...

>Invading in Mensis
>Find host
>HMS R2
>600 damage, dead from full health

>most people running defiled Amygdala aren't just doing it for fun.
Who on this planet does this fight for fun? Even once you get the pattern down, it's still an annoying, un-fun fight.

Did anyone know that the lever guard on Layer 2 Lower Pthumuru drops 19% Physical gems?

Not sure if it's coincidence but he's only dropping them if I let him heal with a DeS-style grass eating animation, but I'm 3 for 3 now letting him heal has given me a Cursed Gem each time and the 3 times I didn't let him heal have given me no gem. I had 100 discovery as well, so nothing fancy.

You could easily get here whenever you liked, since Depth 1-2 Chalice's are easy as hell and Layer 1 is just the Watchers, and you can farm Mensis level gems. Definetly make low level DLC much more bareable.

When have you ever hit a good player with a charged R2 using the tricked stake driver

>Golden Face on red moon

Wasted meme potential.

I actually enjoy FRC Amygdala. It's a challenge, and I like how methodical the fight is. Though to be fair, I also really like fighting Loran Darkbeast, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

You're right, it does look better without the hud. Thanks Fampai.

>tfw pumped bloodtinge since i read that it improves firearm damage

w-will my pellet pistol ever do more than 30 damage to an angry brit with elongated limbs ;-;

How many tries did this take? Your first one took 31 if you bullet count is anything to go by.

Here's what you to go in guns a-blazin

>50 BT
>+10 Evelyn
>30%+Cursed Damp Bloodtinge Gem

Protip: Use BMA if you really wanna get nasty

Upgrade your pistol.

A lot less. About 10 or so because I've managed to get the positioning and timing down by now.

What melee weapon would be good to use?

Bloodletter or Chikage for BLT build.

>google bloodletter
>dlc

fukk

15 fps 50 second loading screens

Jokes on you since I get single digit FPS when I Whirligig backstab a Bagman who's mid power up animation.

Holy fucking shit, why are firearm-wielding hunter NPCs so fucking overpowered?

>infinite ammo
>bullshit reaction time
>land maybe two hits before they start spamming shotgun blast

what the fuck man

gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/

>You've said you're done with Souls, but does that mean this is the end of the Souls franchise, or do you expect to hand that off to other directors? Does that extend to Bloodborne as well, or are there lessons you've learned from Dark Souls III that you'd like to take into another Bloodborne?

>This game marks a major "turning point" within the Dark Souls series. Just as it's been announced, we have two DLCs planned, but as it stands now, I'm not thinking about making any sequels or spin-offs. That applies to Bloodborne as well.

There you have it, Bloodborne is safe from the dreaded souls-sequel syndrome.

Can you re-spec your stats in this game?

wait, what?

no

Oil urn makes enemies stay on fire when you hit them with a molotov. Does a fuck load of damage to some of them (beasts).

I thought it was something like the molotov hit right as he was transforming so it counted the explosion on both character models like some eldritch speedrun tech.

>Eldritch speedrun tech

And that's how you can rise up from R'lyeh in only 998 years instead of 1000.

I really wish you could, make it really convoluted but possible.

> Take Yharnam Stone to Altar of Dispair
> Queen Yharnam is revived
> Offering her rings of betrothal allows one respec
> Infinite supply of them as Chalice Chest loot

Fuck off. No matter how bad a sequel might have been Bloodborne would have remained the same. Take your le jaded pessimistic contrarian game faggotry somewhere else.

AotA was pretty good.

As was Old Hunters. DaS2's DLC was the best part of that game as well.

DaS3's DLC will likely be a great addition to that game as well, since From seems to use DLC as a way to sell stuff cut/wasn't finished from the main game that's been given months of polish.

Nah, DaS as a stand alone story is fantastic, but it's actively cheapened by certain aspects of DaS2 and DaS3's lore, the incessant Artorias worship for example got completely out of hand.

Singular, self-contained stories and universes fit the series best.

That's an expansion, not a sequel.

>That motherly way Doll talks to Good Hunter in Childhood's Beginning
>That motherly way MiB talks to the Old One in end game Demon's Souls

Guys, I think this is more than poetry.

Post a more aesthetic armor set, you literally can't.

>Burial Blade not Most fun
>Saw Spear that low

>Chikage
>Fun

Shit list famalam

You're just a consumer. Not a creator. You have no say in what is right and what isn't in terms of the lore/setting. Stop presenting worthless opinions as fact.

For instance there are many that appreciate the efforts of the Dark Souls sequels to expand its world. THAT'S a fact, you deluded mongoloid.

Refer to You're close, though. Charred Hunter Garb + Gascoigne's Cap is GOAT.

>Crow hat
>Yharnam Hunter chest piece
>Gascoigne gloves
>No pants
Give it a try user.

Even if they don't have the 15% hp rune, summons have a 30% health penalty so that sorta evens it out.

>stake
>fun
Use a saw you hipster fuck

Phantoms don't get the health penalty in cursed chalices, if I'm not mistaken.

Saws are super boring though. Their movesets are so lame. The only redeeming quality they have is how absurdly strong they are.

Meanwhile, Steak gets that sweet FISTPUNCH style, complete with the rocket punch of oneshotting. Not to mention it even looks better, a complex weapon made for real men instead of the boring metal slab or pointy metal rod on a stick.

Bloodborne 2 will inevitably happen, if not this year then only because From is busy overinflating the DaS3 DLC into a world-ending doom-bubble. Because what else will From do, make up ANOTHER setting fresh from the blank? I don't think so. This one needs to be milked more. The effort/profit balance hasn't been squeezed dry yet.

And, to be honest, exactly what do you expect a new setting to be like if they make it? BB and DaS share so fucking many thematic set pieces that, if you squint, they become seriously hard to tell apart. The mood is pretty much identical for one. A new game with a new world, lets call it "From 3", is just going to be
>hopeless world where the lights are slowly going out
>you can't really do anything to make that better
>everyone is going / is already crazy
>you must kill them all to pretend that you're improving the situation even just slightly
>multiple endings that are all just variations of "and then everything went to shit anyway"

Even if BB isn't getting a direct or just a setting sequel, it's still getting one, you get my drift?

I dunno man I've played enough souls to notice a consistent trend of strengths and weakness in the series, and I'm not alone in appreciating the series in this way,

What's familiar becomes tired, and sometimes it's better to infer than it is to show. Do you know what a good example of Artorias veneration is? Having Raime and Ludwig, two other dlc-based fallen swordsman who wield their swords in their left hands, subtle connective tissue with plenty of breathing room for them to be their own thing.

Where did this whole "Artorias was left-handed" deal even come from? He holds it in his right in the actual fight with him, so what's the deal? Am I missing something?

>Most boring
>Rakuyo
Quit being so bitter.

He's not wrong, though. It's a big Blade of Mercy, and if it weren't for the R2's and L2, Blade of Mercy would be boring as hell too.

Don't you dare talk shit about my blades.

Eileen is dead and her dumb rinkydink daggers a shit!

Church Pick for best skill weapon!

The fucking church pick? Figures.

The DaS2 Artorias sword mentions that its wielders were all left handed, and you got special moves if you equipped it in your l-hand. And maybe the DaS boxart depicts Artorias entering the abyss, with his sword in his left hand, since the shield looks like his greatshield, so he fought you with his off-hand.

The way I see it Raime discarded his shield and then wielded Fume in his off-hand, and Ludwig wielded the moonlight sword in his left hand because his right was too beastial.

His left arm is broken when you fight him due to abyss fighting shenanigans. That's why it hangs there flapping about and he has no shield.

Yes, I like eating cardboard too

Again. Because clearly you didn't understand the first time.

Your ludicrous "opinions" have less worth than the money your parents invested in you.

People LOVE the Dark Souls sequels. There's no denying that. Both the fans AND the critics.

Go check out the critical reception and sales of both titles if you don't believe me you dimwitted fagtron.

Have you used that thing before? Its moveset is amazing. The swipes, the slams, the charge attack and the followup. It's like the Burial Blade but with more oomph, and the Burial Blade already had a lot of oomph.

I have. It is solid, I can agree on that, and it will wreck face in PvE. It just feels unappealing despite that for whatever reason though.

On the whole, not as much as they love the original, you sperg.

I don't agree with most of what you said but I sure hope there's a Bloodborne 2.

A hunter can never hunt enough beasts.

>Hey have some more opinions without anything to back them up
>That's what you asked for amirte :^)

NO. Dark Souls 2 has been the most critically acclaimed of the series. Dark Souls 3 sold millions of copies worldwide.

>gas hat
>gas pants
>maria coat
>knight gloves

you're welcome

It's not Bloodborne without the tricorne!

If the good hoonta cums inside the doll, does it sound like a visceral?

It sounds like a steak driver charged r2

good lord why my brain had to instantly imagine that

So was Vicar Amelia merely delaying her transformation through prayer only to lose concentration when the player approaches her?

The gascoine hat looks stupid on Marias coat due to how slip the neck of the Maria coat is.

Because you want to fuck the doll. Thats normal for a good hunter tho

Seems likely