/pgg/ Pokémon Go General

Mystic still masterrace edition.

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Mooooooo

Ok /pgg/, evolve Eevee with Body slam or Dig?

I already have a Vaporeon.

does anyone have a good location for weedles/pidgies/etc? i need evo bait.

im spoofing so anywhere is fine.

I want hitmonlee

Doesn't matter. Special move evo is a meme.

>having one team
>Mystic
>not posting last thread
>not posting server link
>being this new
NORMIES GET OUT RREEEEEEEEEEE

>spoofer

Nope.

Nice thread mysticfag.
You're the hero /pgg/ needs
Keep on making threads you're a champion of the light friendo :^)

doesn't matter, its random

who /spoofing/ here?

has anyone found the legendary birds or ditto or farfetch'd or mew or mewtwo?

Started today.
What team should I join?

>be in room
>hear mom yelling about something
>go to investigate
>she says theres a jigglypuff in the house
>get excited cause i want that shit
>open up pokemon go
>its a fucking clefairy

We shared a pretty good laugh about it, this game is pretty silly

>can't play because Niantic has decided that U.S. territories count as latin america

this is the price i pay for dodging federal income taxes

>hes not on team valor

You can add your three favourite mons from any gen to the game, who are you bringing? I need my Umbreon, Mudkip, and Breloom.

Yellow if you want any sort of challenge and feeling of accomplishment the game.

mystic if you want shit done faster

is it better to power up then evolve or to evolve then power up? whats the fucking difference anyway? does one involve more autism than the other?

Cleveland has assloads of both

>tfw found one this morning

soon user

So DC anons meeting at noon on Saturday at the smithsonian metro stop?

valor if you're an obnoxious cunt

>spoofing
HOW?

Sounds about right. Anyone wanna set up a skype or email chain? Or a stream for that for the non DC anons?

Weed? More like weedlemaker LMAO

yeah thats the plan

I'd wouldn't mind seeing your mums jigglypuffs

>Doesn't matter. Special move evo is a meme.
Then how did all 4 of my Vaporeons evolve off dig and 2 Jolteons off swift?

The chances of that happening if it's random are so small it's negligible.

a-any west michigan bros planning a meetup?

im at GV and lots of people already wandering around farming them weedles

>spoofing
I can't understand, why don't you just waste your time on a better game you can play indoors? literally anything else?

So, people are saying do curveballs because berries and higher CP makes it impossible otherwise. I've been learning to unlearn curves to get Excellent throws, should I not?

>that guy that doesn't use his stardust

Fuck off.

Valor is true comrades.

Anyone else gets sent to gulag.

AZ boyz ww@

Alright guys, incense question.
Absolutely no pokemon appear in my apartment. The closest they get is pic related, but it's time to get comfy. Will incense do anything to help make pokemon appear in this situation? Was thinking about evolving for xp before bed, would be rad to get some catch xp and use a lucky egg.

Learn how to get excellent throws off curves. It's really not that hard.

this isn't funny, stop posting it in every single thread
take it to facebook you moron

Yup.

>Bag full
What do?

Also if you deposit a 'mon to a gym, can you get it back?

So pokestops arent working for me anymore. Can still use items and catch poke's, but pokestops just spins without doing anything

>manlet
>pigeot
Why am I not surprised?

>this spot consistently spawns Drowzee like mad
>now have three 1k+ hypnos
>I have so many fucking Drowzee that I can't even be bothered to transfer them anymore

are you sure you can catch pokes?

when you get "soft banned" pokestops will spin but all pokemon will instantly flee from you after throwing the ball

Yes

Sometimes nothing seems to happen when you spin, but you still get the items. Check your bag before and after if you're still unsure.

Thanks guys.

yes. If the gym is taken over by an enemy, it'll just be at 0 hp in your inventory.

Here we go....

>we've already reached the point where half of the serious playerbase is spoofing
>everyone else is gonna quit in a week or two

Ahh, you may have a point there, cuz shortly after the spinning thing happened, all pokemon started fleeing from battle

In my experience incense gets a bunch of common pokemon I don't want with a small chance of an ok uncommon. However the lure's always get either a couple uncommon pokemon and sometimes a rare one.

buy more bag space goy

or just throw away like half your pokeballs

Anyone /mke/? There was a group of 60+ at the lake park waterfall where there are three stops next to each other. We kept them lured for a couple hours

I will be glad when its popularity wears off. I'd like to be able to not have to keeping logging in and out of the game every 10 minutes because of server bog

Shit really?

So is there any point to grinding 'bro' 'mons? Like really focusing on one of your favs? If you put it in the gym there's the risk of you not getting it back so what the hell?

Yeah I hear you there. Lures are where it's at.

Pic related. This is a park called Discovery Green in downtown Houston. All lures all day.

Is your starter always going to be XL in height and weight. My Squirtle is a big boi.

What do you mean what do? Either use the shit you got up or upgrade the bag.

you gain very little with spoofing so it doesnt really matter

in a weeks time everyone including casual players will hit the "soft cap" of 25. after 25 the game gets incredibly tedious to level and you gain very little from grinding. this is the point where everyone quits

Buy more space ($2)

Yes if it's defeated

>tfw actually able to capture a gym today
>lose it in 30 min

aww yiss

Holy shit, I know where I'm driving tomorrow. Is the GRB a pokestop also?

I'm 20 now, ready to quit already desu

What? You get it back. You just have to use a revive and some potions on it once you do.

Does anyone know if turning off AR saves battery life? I imagine it would.

Tfw im a firefag but Joleton looks sick af

It's fucking beautiful...

just started the game, how do you get more stardust? it better not be microtransaction-locked

whats everyones best pokemon? ive only played 30 mins but have a CP 249 Jynx

>open app
>ponyta right away
>near max CP
Yuuuuss

>tfw no pogo map

So softbanned anons, how long do those typically last?

There's one there you can reach from the park, I was actually near it in that pic but facing away. A bit tough due to construction, you have to stand in the street.

Most parks are like this. This is in metairie, la.

Evolve, then power up. If your evo has moves you don't want you can transfer it without having wasted stardust.

How many evos can I crank out during lucky egg? I have 22 rattata waiting to become xp but if I can do more I'd like to know.

mine lasted 10 minutes desu
just act normal and walk around and it'll go away

Gyms are a waste.

He means if you drop a high CP mon you've been working on because you love the shit out of it, it might sit in the gym forever because it's too powerful.

Dust is only from catching more pokes, if you used any from powering up right now, you dun fucked up, nigger.

you get 30 minutes

you could do 60 if you wanted

There's a meet up in downtown GR this Friday. If you don't mind the literally thousand normies apparently going there'll probably be lures for days.

>How many evos can I crank out during lucky egg? I
two per minute roughly

>Tfw living in Houston suburbs and its all rats and birds for fucking miles.

Fuck man, I really need to drive downtown

>tfw live in big urban city and none of my friends want to go out at midnight to catch mons and i dont wanna go alone because groups are better

it depends how far you jumped. i go from michigan to new york and it's about 3 hours or so, going from a city to another city in the same state maybe 15 minutes

how did I fuck up? I used 1400 stardust

Thanks for making the thread for us, mysticfag. Us Instinct and Valor bros are too busy being out in the world to be bothered to make a new thread every 10 minutes.

What's the highest health pokemon?

blissey

>After 1am
>pokemon gym nearby in a huge graveyard
>it just switched teams
>someone is in a spooky as shit graveyard at 1am

wtf I could never do that, too much of a pussy.

So far it seems like Snorlax

Honestly it's like that where I am. West edge of the Galleria area (where the strip clubs start). Doduo country, man. But downtown is crazy, certain roads are lined with pokestops, and discovery green is nuts. Galleria mall was disappointing. 2 stops with overlapping lures constantly, but the Galleria is hot af due to construction for the superb owl

graveyard shift maybe?

c h a n s e y
vape naysh is up there too

Do you guys think the nigs in big city ghettos have mostly low level pokes because they're stupid or mostly high level pokes because they're unemployed?

can't decide if I want to try to cap Detroit gyms

Ah, I misunderstood. I mean yeah I guess but you still "own" them and that's pretty much their primary purpose at the moment anyways. If you can guard a gym for long enough that you miss a pokemon, you'll be rolling in coins.

CP max raises as your trainer level raises, there's no point in powering anything up unless you're like level 12.

What does a motherfucker have to do to get a motherfucking Ditto?

detroit is full of white people bruh

if you want shit gyms go to durand or flint. they're all methed out or bleeding from stab wounds so they dont have time to pokeymon

>detroit is full of white people bruh
lol maybe around a college campus
Detroit is 85% nignog