/evog/ - Evolve General

Fun but Shit edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vg-Evolve

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2SxxXgtDs2Q
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-feature-bug-roadmap/89846
youtu.be/M3eJwQKfv0g?t=24m57s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for everything I lose to is OP :(

What perks do you like for Goliath, Kraken, and Gorgon?

youtube.com/watch?v=2SxxXgtDs2Q

Thread theme

why are its intestines hanging out?

behemoth is kinda shitty but I'm winning somehow

I don't like how half of his moves take 50 million years to fire though

do you know who has bronze and gold for this?

Reposting this becasue I would like help

Mostly play Hyde or lennox

Hyde I take bounty hunter becasue grenade

but what should I take for lennox?

Smell if you want to play Hide and Seek, armor if you enjoy early brawls.

Hey you, how do you play Val? Just stay on cliff and hold the medgun on everyone?

i am seeing more and more often, someone intentionally suicides at the beginning of stage 3 to start the respawn timer.

is this a real thing now? should i just ignore the suicider untill i get to the generator? but then he will be int he jungle and i wont catch him and they respawn anyway...

what do?

Wraith has nice tits and hips.

dmg, reload, reload. Fist their face.

Wait reload helps lennox?

Torvald is an abomination

yes, but can you land those punches?

>play as monster
>both goliath, behemoth, the spider-one
>21 win streak
>play as medic
>we lose because everyone scattered
>play medic again
>we lose because "HURR DURR LETS DOME IN THE TOXIC SWAMP IN THE EDGE OF THE MAP WHERE THERE'S NO HIGH GROUND"
>rage.tiff.tga.png.exe
>play as the spider-one
>reach stage 3
>could have killed them several time at stage 2 but meh, I like playing with my preys
>kill 3 of them whithout losing half my shield
>game fade, i'm back in the lobby, stuck
>WHAT THE FUCK
>check my stats
>it counts as a lise
>goobdye 11.5 win/lose ratio
>hello 5.75

alt + f4

God damnit I could handle that one bug but with the accumulated rage of those fucking retarded hunters it was too much.

I wish wraith was my mom

>give up chasing gorgon
>whole team agrees to go back to relay
>bust a fucking gut cracking up as we "form a defensive line"
>gorgon approaches
>looks at us as if we're retarded
>wipes us

gg

does reload speed affect cooldown weapons like lightning gun? also what does the +10% energy capacity perk do?

>People salty in voice chat after a game
Embarrassing.

How are Health regen perks for Hunters? If I'm medic and I stack 3 health regen perks, will I just be a damage sponge?

ive so far never experienced this or a /all at all

glad it hasn't yet

no, theres a delay before regen starts up and deactivates when you're hit.

oh, gay. Just spam Jetpack perks then?

I don't think there's any point in killing someone outright at stage 1

>get domed
>kill someone and lose a bunch of HP in the process
>go heal
>within 2 minutes they're back and I'm domed again

Yep, and keep it dotted if you're R.V

Most of the skill comes from handling the pressure.

R.V. has really good damage.

Regular Val has more utility and burst healing.

>mfw playing behemoth vs lennox

Should I bother with the weakpoint rifle at all? Why not tranqs? Tranqs work a treat when the dome comes down.

Why are my teammates so shit always

plz respond. i know that shitposting is easier, but this is a real discussion post

I hope this game dies again

Fucking wraith and kraken are the again the reason why people will quit this game

I know you can get Founders status by buying a key for the original game but those are around $15 on G2A. However, there's a DLC pack for $3. Would that work? Or would Steam bitch at me for trying to register DLC for a game I don't actually own?

If you've got the time. I would prioritise tranq over the sniper, but it can change depending on the comp. Only projectile weapons can hit weak points, so if you've got someone like Hyde you're not going to get that muse of it, probably.

Tranqs are excellent outside of the dome, you should always be trying to tranq the monster.

Fuck off

Seems risky af.

If I see that I rush the 3 remaining fuckers asap.

>silver endurance
>12% traversal regen
>silver fast climber
>35% climb speed 14% traversal regen

Why does endurance even exist when fast climber/speed climber is straight up better in traversal regen and also gives you climb speed

Who is the best in every class?

Is Monster unbalanced or something? I fucking suck and got dropped to 1/3rd HP after being domed a third time and all I did was bull rush and slam jam the medic and trapper and boom. Half the team was dead while I ignored the Assault. After everyone keeping him alive was dead it was easy to wait until the cooldowns were up and just CC/rushslam him to death. I got caught lots and missed a lot of attacks and barely hit stage 2 before that final dome and I still slapped their shit.

There's no "best."

There are different comps, different characters synergise better with others.

I want to hurt the monster and I am tired of leap fucking happy monsters that run all the time and run in combat. I want to put damage on target at range and force the monster to target me or get chipped like a mother fucker.

Is it rude to not evolve and just attack the hunters until I die level 1 and nbever run away if I don't think they have a chance if I play properly?

Would you rather be given a pity win or just lose constantly?

>I want to put damage on target at range and force the monster to target me or get chipped like a mother fucker.

Crow.

so you want to play Left 4 Dead?

What does the +10% energy perk do? I thought it would increase clip size but it didn't.

>its a "turtlerock gold kraken gets rekt when trying to spawnwipe" episode

I didn't get the DLC and I got everything except gorgon and 8 hunters

I kinda wish I got it since it would have only cost me a dollar more but I don't play hunter at all so I guess it's no big loss, I already bought gorgon with keys

should i get elder kraken or wraith?

turtlerock gold? everyone can get that skin

wraith is easy mode and easy points

elder kraken is fun for both sides

Do you want to blow shit up or dice shit up?

>I'm only level 3 but I can still complain about things being op.

Wraith and Kraken are unbalanced.

>LET'S NUKE IT UNTIL IT GLOWS THEN FUCK IT IN THE DARK

EMET confirmed goat

Breh that's 14 year old humor. Everyone knows Slim's got the best bantz.

What perks do I want as medic I been trying to get anything dealing with the jetpack since the monster always goes my pass but sometimes its just not enough.

>I'm bad at the game and don't know how to counter monsters so I will just complain on reddit until they're nerfed.

Best perks for Gorgon?

>it's a veteran that prefers monster leaves because he didn't monster episode

why are these legacy players such massive faggots?

Yes there are, because balance is fucked right now.

EMET and Val
Sunny, Hank, Bucket if in a premade
Abe or Griffin
The Markovs and Lennox

i-i don't know
what is like playing with them?
i never played against an elder
i like gorgon if helps

>Love Evolve
>Tried to do threads about it because it was awesome
>Nobody responded but shitposting and claims about the price
>okay.jpg
>Becomes free
>Everyone loves it now
>It's not even half the content the game had
>Still feel bad man

I hope they reintroduce what was taken in some form or another.

What's the point of Goliath if Meteorite one destroys him completely?

It's a second beta right now user, they're probably sitting on the removed maps/game modes for "full release" of Stage 2

elder kraken is worse than regular kraken, get wraith
at least for a different playstyle, if you already have kraken

Wraith used to be stealth and sneaking shenanigans, now its just decoy double team shenanigans. EKraken is supercharged versions of the kraken spells. All abilities are red, and have a horrifying sound effect. Its lightning doesn't charge so it goes exactly where you first press, and it comes out faster for 500 damage. banshee mines are now a banshee missile, which i don't like so much but i can see its use. Its AOE ability chains after it hits a target and seems to do more damage to me, and its version of vortex doesn't push, does less damage it seems and is shorter but sticks around in a giant cone for damage over time.

Is Maggie any good?

Seems like a lot of time is wasted following the tracks exactly as the monster is faster. I like the idea of the pet doing that for the team while we cut it off.

>Won for the first time as Goliath as my second attempt at a real match
feels pretty fucking good man, when you finally get the upper hand after being bullied so hard at the start of the match

lol...

>pick lennox
>destroys everything
it happens everytime

Sorry friend, but it's disappointing to lose a double-digit win streak because of something dumb and out of your control, like any one of your three allies not knowing basic concepts.

You can't really carry people as a hunter, and it's really difficult to get my friends to play this because of all the bugs and the party system booting someone out in favor of a random person or just breaking entirely. And even if you do manage to sucker three people into joining you and it doesn't break up the group, one of you will likely get placed as monster for some insane reason. The whole experience is just awful, and playing only monster is the only way to get around it.

>Yes there are
>Lists 3/6 supports

Cabot was considered garbage ever since the nerfs, didn't receive any buffs, but then DDs started playing him and then he was picked up a bunch of other teams.

Point is, there's no single "Best," for any class.

What does traversal regen do?

For some reason I'm garbage with kraken.

I'm not sure about regular maggie but wasteland maggie is total fucking trash that i wasted 8000 keys on

fuck off retard, if you're a vet you should be teaching people the game not pub stomping them so they quit and kill the game again.

or did you hate the game so much you'd rather it be dead again ?

>throw up my wall as behemoth
>immediately there's a gap in it and the person I trapped inside runs away

this shit literally just cost me the game
why is behemoth so fucking buggy

it refills your stamina bar so you can use your shift/spacebar skills more often

It improves the speed at which your traversals regen.

Your traversal is your SPACE as the monster.

talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-feature-bug-roadmap/89846

You know, I really wonder what kind of retarded mongoloid tactics people are using as the monster when they come in here and say they can't win a single match.

I think it happens when there's some other force pushing them to where the section of wall is supposed to spawn

Either way Bob is pretty much awful right now (which is why you can't buy him) but still the most fun to play

>Lava ability issues related to causing double damage to hunters

oh shit I'm going to try to abuse this

that makes sense, the guy was jetpacking towards a ceiling when I threw it up

The damage and cooldown on Wraith's decoy are far too much.

It's simply ridiculous.

I just won my first match, as far as I know, they dont realize you can be killed so easily at first and you gotta be stealthy and hide your tracks while spamming the Smell button. Its a bit of a learning curve if you're not used to it.

Thats how it is for me anyway.
Is Goliath considered good? Will he carry me far?

I love crow.

youtu.be/M3eJwQKfv0g?t=24m57s

>Caring about winstreaks

They never should have added this shit, all it encourages is ego-whoring and quitting lobbies when you don't get your preference.

Who gives a fuck about pubs. We have ranked now, if you've got ego, that's where to go.

It's interesting you mention that. I was actually very eager to play hunter and work with new players when the big update happened, but I only ran into four receptive grounds in the first 30 or so hours of play, and everyone else was just indifferent or hostile about even innocuous things like saying where I was planting mines, asking for scans, etc. At some point you have to stop and just enjoy yourself before the game goes under again, though I do plan to get back into hunter in a few days after some of the more indifferent people have been weeded out and most people who are staying are interested in learning.

Also I don't evolve and I only play Goliath and Bob, so I'm not shitting on people that badly.

Is maggie good?

If people leave after losing a game then they shouldn't be play competitive games in the first place.

Also fuck off back to tumblr/reddit.

Traversal, cool down and speed eating

>winning a game as the last man standing on my team with less than 20% of my health and the assault shield up desperately trying to burn the last bar and a half of the wraith

Thank fucking god for lennox and her ground pound.

voodoo maggie is better

>it's a legacy player leaves because he didn't get the role he wanted episode

pathetic

>Queue as monster for ranked to try out ranked
>Half an hour later..
Nice queues, Evolve.

>pick lennox
>regularly get 4 combos with the lance
>doesnt matter, lose anyway

hanks who dont use shields can fuck right off.

also caira can fuck right off, literally the worst healer

No one is playing ranked. I've sat in queue for literally 18 minutes before and didn't get any matches.

It's whatever to lose if you were honestly outplayed, but it's too bad if it was only because your medic tried to hand-revive a camped body, your assault was afraid of violence, and your trapper didn't know about the global scanner. If your allies don't understand how to play and won't respond positively to being helped you're just SOL and wasted your time.

I guess I blame the lack of instructions for new players. It's all so intuitive to me, but looking over these threads I can see they don't explain many of the mechanics. Bummer.

Thats not lazarus or emet

reload does not help lennox

Laz with max cooldown perks is actually kind of hilarious because you can spam your heal like every three seconds. He's actually more durable than Rogue Val in that way, but his team-heals suck.

what does the +10% capacity perk do?

>won't respond positively
> wasted your time.
>I blame
>new players
> It's all so intuitive to me,
>Fuck them
wew lad can you coach me to be as good as you?