Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Wandering off from the group edition

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Demo is out, has online.

>How do I get my hands on the leak?
pastebin.com/DFm4RiXK
All info including save transferring is here.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mhx
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

tinyurl.com
/mhgenhub

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread Missing link

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/5aTMP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mhxgen is shit and you know it

>you will never get raped, impregnated and turned into a breeding stock by gigginox

the cat is a slut

Cute huntressess edition

What is it?

MHGX or extreme longshot a port to another platform. No way its a NX MH because that shit doesn't launch until March of next year.

A monster hunter rhythm game spin off.

Does a no-charge and charged cutting arrow do different damage?

I see people spamming it ton no end.

Low rank turns room (HR1-3)

31-9589-2555-0752
pass: 7243

>mfw aerial pellet hbg

Probably Resident Evil and some other spinoff

A port doesn't sell 2 million, not even 500k.

Onimusha

you didn't hear it from me

Depends on what they port it to. In the past they ported to the least popular console with the lowest playerbase. If they ported to PS4 they'd make some money.

The MH playerbase is actually a thing now, its less niche than ever. Still a long shot though, I'd put money on it staying portable until NX is out for a bit.

So what will be the most patrician weapon+style combos?

difficulty: no guild style

Capcom is notorious for setting a 2mil copy bar for their every game. I think they've axed a few franchises because they couldn't reach it.

striker ls because it's what i play

>MHX sold 2.5 million on 3DS
>for some reason a PS4 port will sell 2 million in Japan
No

>implying that answer isn't obviously bushid- oh wait sorry, ADEPT LS

aerial ls is fun

You're only allowed to reply to this post if you've killed the flagship monsters invading in the 3 star village quests.

What part of long-shot do you not understand? Nevermind you are one of those guys who instantly throws a giant wall of text saying never ever to anyone mentioning anything other than handheld MH.

No one who isn't retarded has a problem with figuring this one out.

No I'm just saying ports don't sell 2 million in Japan, no matter the platform.

2/4

>striker LS
>adept LS
>aerial LS

has there even been a ps4 game to sell 2 million in japan, ever?

Seriously dude, no fucking shit. Thus the entire its MHGX or EXTREME LONG-SHOT a port.

Get some reading comprehension.

Oh god. Don't remind me.

Does the megaupload of the European and NA crack have a tracker? Do we know how many times it have been downloaded?

Nope. The highest selling PS4 game in Japan is MGS5. It didn't even break 0.5 million.
Anyone who thinks anything is going to sell 2 million on PS4 in Japan is an idiot, full stop.

Mega doesn't even inform the uploader, unfortunately.

>implying you don't want to embrace your inner weeb

oh I do, I'm just surprised because I thought LS hate still existed

you sure as hell wanna fuck that ls
they did a pretty good job with the styles

I still hate it if the guy doesn't know how to control the tripping pole

I bet it's a new generation of hunters, being openminded and welcomeing to all weapons, except GL

No let's be realistic. MHXG on 3DS is the moat logical option. A logical long shot would be MH5 on PS4/Vita. That's a long shot but the numbers match.

Still gets it, but then again damn near every weapon trips these days so it no longer has the title of king trip-lord.

Plus Bush-adept style fixes its online issues completely.

You forgot hammer, since the SnS is the new KO king without the need to trip people.

>except GL

MH can. On PSP there's no other games that have sold over a million but P3rd sold 5 million.

>Plus Bush-adept style fixes its online issues completely
Not really, the spirit combo is still your go to for maximum damage output. Even more, since you don't have to worry about the whole thing now.

If you take hammer off of me I've got nothing! I'm too dumb to learn anything else!

>MH can
Nope.
PSP is a handheld that sold well in Japan. PS4 is a console that Japan could not give a fuck less about.

I'm fully admitting it will be MHGX however I am still of the camp that a simple uprezzed port ala Toukiden would do absolute wonders for Capcom and the series as a whole if they just ported it to the west on PS4.
I mean sure if you are going full on min/max mode sure, but it stops Spirit combo spamming to get gauge, along with the hunter arts its easier than ever to be a contributer to the hunt but not a trip-machine.

really though, this guy is right. Every LS style is fun to play in it's own right

Striker has that crazy Sakura+Unhinged Spirit combo, as well as absolute evade to animation cancel that xboxhueg lag after you finish your spirit combo

Aerial is hard to get going at the start, but once you get white you're never going to leave red since it takes almost nothing to keep your meter up

and adept is adept. new spirit slash is great, albeit a bit laggy and you can still follow up a fade slash with spirit unlike the other 2 styles

GIT GUD

imgur.com/a/5aTMP
Cute huntressess album with some other things thrown in

Please someone post MHO sluts.

>Amazon says I wont get the game until 16th now for no fucking reason

What a load of bollocks. Should I just cancel the order and buy the digital version? Price is basically the same (but I like owning physical copies of games).

PS4 tops the sales chart in Japan every single week. Also PSP didn't sell all that well in Japan. 3DS easily surpassed its lifetime in Japan.

MHX actually sold over 3m. It's stated on their website.
I know, I know.

I'm hoping that my shop will release it early. Eshop games are 20% cheaper here

I can not decide which armor to make in generations.

Im not too far in. I like to use ls/ds/lance/cb/bow. It just seems like all these low tier armors are shit. But the base armor isnt really cutting it anymore.

What to do?

monster hunter's best attach rate on 3ds is 15%. on psp it's around 24%.

if you convinced 25% of ps4 owners to buy a monster hunter game in japan, you would break about half a million.

you would need an attach rate of nearly 90% to sell 2 million copies of a game on ps4 in japan. that is how little japan cares about the ps4. comparing the psp, a platform that sold 20 million in japan, to the ps4, a platform that has barely even sold 2 million in japan, is really stupid and useless, unless you're expecting ps4 games to sell 1/10th of what they sold on psp. which is actually what is happening.

anyone know the recipe for slicing shot lv 1?

>Aerial is hard to get going at the start, but once you get white you're never going to leave red since it takes almost nothing to keep your meter up
no fucking kidding
being able to just r+r your gauge back up is a godsend
perfectly timing your X to make it hit twice as you land is superb also, as well as being able to link THAT into a spirit combo
ls received a lot of love in x/gens and i enjoy it

probably still huskberry + whetstone

i thought that too, but it's not in this game for some reason

In LR don't even bother trying to make fancy sets. Nothing really hits hard and skills aren't that important

Like honestly use whatever you think looks cool to you or just go Jaggi. Jaggi armor has always been the go to LR armor set

This 2 million target new title is for Japan though, so you have to limit your options to only Japan plausible options.

PS4/Vita. Every game from Japan is following this format.

>spirit gauge reverts back to 3u style
>best hunter arts in the game
>all 4 styles are viable
is there anything ls can't do in gen?

besides being the best at TA runs that is

PLEASE

shoot shells and have a heat gauge which actually serves as a nerf to it, rather than a buff

Will I get banned online if my main cat and my character's name is NIGGER ?

WHY THE FUCK IS QURUPECO NOT IN X/GEN

I CAN LITERALLY EXCUSE BARROTH OR GIGGINOX BUT QURUPECO IS LIKE THE NUMBER ONE REASON 3RD GEN WAS COOL IN THE MONSTER DEPARTMENT

FUCK

Yeah the game will tell you to grow up and stop being 12

bully the bird and savage pickle out of nowhere. good times

>PS4/Vita. Every game from Japan is following this format.

wrong. the highest selling ps4 game in japan, metal gear, has no vita version.

even if what you said was true, it still doesn't get you to 2 million sales without an attach rate that no monster hunter game, or any game on a sony platform, has ever had. the only thing that does is 3ds. which is what the game is for.

No. Why would you?

Quro and the Barioths would have made the monster roster perfect for me

at least we get ole Uragaan and Duramboros back

because faggots like yian kut-ku and garuga more

why that is the case I have no idea

I'd prefer NIGGER than John and murder64.

Because of word filter, and you cant input nigger as your name in character creation

>the only thing that does is 3ds.

i should add here, cell phones would also do this. but i don't think we're going to get a mainline cell phone monster hunter game in japan until smartphones take over, which won't be for a while. monster hunter explore on ios will probably sell more overseas than in japan.

Wow they allowed that name?
Then again there was this German player with Die Neger as their hunter name in 4U.

Based clack clack is back

Thats all I need

how come lance cant block poison from that purple faggot in MHgen but the CB could in 4u?

Lance could block poison just fine in 4u as well. Dunno about gen

It seems that in MHGen CB can block statuses with just guard, but not GPs.

Dunno about Lance, but I could block poison spit from Iodrome using GL. Perhaps you were just not aligned correctly?

Anyone knows when trading for kinsect jellies will be unlocked?

So what are the best weapon to play? Is SnS a top one?

After you deliver 1000 unique ferns.

sns and bow both got crazy buffs, and lance is broken strong now
that being said, pretty much any weapon which isn't called gunlance does a sufficient job in X/gens

no one comes close to teo bow.

Everything gets unlocked when you beat the squid HR3 urgent

Or you can just keep doing all those gathering quests. I'm noticing some of them are required to get new food/hunter arts :^)

Sns got a lot of tools. The best one is the one you have the most fun with. Do the weapon tutorials if you arent familiar

Anyone getting CRC on the extract as well? Using 7-zip

WRONG PASSWORD YOU FAGGOT
IT LITERALLY SAYS IT RIGHT THERE

Striker Lance/SA, Guild GS, Striker/Adept DB seem to be getting the best times.

Adept Bow/HBG would definitely get better times if heroics were allowed, but in the hands of a skilled player, they are safe and strong.

I'm just taking a wild guess right here, but could it possibly be that you put in a wrong password?

just make the moshgarl set, 3 pieces of it is enough for focus, shits rad yo

One spot open

Literally copied and pasted from pastebin. Typed it out by hand too. TheDoctorIsIn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Trying out winrar

>fishing quest
>has infinitely respawning bullfango in the tiny fishing zone

Not him but when do you get this? I don't see it on my armor list

What item do you need to make it show?

SO MUCH THIS FUCK THE INFINITE RESPAWNING SHITS