/owg/ - Overwatch General

Old Thread:>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>The Oversheet (Damage values and other numbers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Stats and Leaderboards (Unofficial)
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

Nude patch when?

i want to lick widowmaker's blueberry hole

>bastion blames me for losing
>next game he's on my team again
>picks bastion again
>we lose again
He had 12 hours on bastion with a 40% winrate.

There are people on this thread right here right now that don't like playing the tanks. What is wrong with you?

fill in the blanks /owg/

>Am I that fat?

Apparently, the secret to success is to not be a faggot, pick whatever 70+ nerds ask you and let them carry. My best dps is probably 76 and I can barely keep up considering all the hog/tracer bullshit in high ranked games.

>Guys, McRee's fan can kill tanks fast!
>NERF BOMB LMAO xD

>Guys, Hanzo's fracture arrow can bring any tank below 100HP in one hit!
>PERFECTLY BALANCED

>Reinhardt is a fucking beast in close quarters and can shepherd your team to victory.
>Zarya is amazing at controlling fights.
>D.va is fun and great at initiating/flanking with a fantastic zoning ult
>roadhog is easy mode tank for people who think they have to do everything themselves
There are people on this board right now who think Roadhog is objectively better than Reinhardt.
Learn your hero roles, people.

Literally take that Your Team and Their Team picture and it apply it to the appropriate heroes.

man the harpoons

Is there no reason to play Reaper because 76 is just better?

fix hanzos hitboxes
this hero's skill floor is way too high

Yeah, but stick with me and we'll do a special workout 20-30 times a day that ought to get you back in shape.

I swear this is the rose quartz debate all over again.

Zenyatta: It's a lot like masturbation. You play with your balls until you achieve tranquility, but in the end you're only screwing yourself.

>Level 53
>The vast majority of my hours are Zenyatta and Mercy
>Now have no transferable skills to other heros for comp

QP for life...

Reminder that they are going to be looking at how oppressive Mercy is in competitive after Sombra's release. If Mercy is still near the top expect a nerf in three months

Are you that guy who was trolling with the reverse statement the other day?

you mean his skill floor is low

how do you get into games with 70s

Am I getting a ban, if i'm flaming really really hard?

Insecure Mei is best Mei.

76's ult is a lot more avoidable than Reapers.
Reaper has a fantastic disengage.
Reaper's burst is much higher.
Reaper has more survivability.
Reaper adds a different kind of presence to a fight. the enemy usually tries to force the 76 away or get on top of him, while Reaper is visibly avoided by the enemy team, not to mention the panic induced by DEATH COMES

halp pls

>friend told me to change in-game language spoken to a random other language
>told me it would be hilarious XDD
>client suddenly wants to download 300 megs worth of audio
>stop it, reset language back to english
>client still wants to download 300mb file

help pls

>playing t.racer on hanamura second point
>dwarf has a turret in the loft
>he's left it unguarded, time for a cavalry charge
>try to strafe it, miss all my shots and almost die
>decide to just peek and pepper it down
>get it down to 30%
>have to grab health pack, come back, round the corner
>get blasted by dwarf shotgun, die instantly
>suddenly he stops moving
>he's fucking typing

instant dc

no i'm legitimately curious if reaper is useless because other offense classes are better

Maybe if people report you?

Do you get notified if people report you?

His hitboxes are more forgiving than Jesus, user.

Let it download it.

Would totally shoot her with my harpoon if you know what i mean

>people STILL don't know melee attacks have rectangular hitboxes, so aiming with the sides of your vision gives you more reach compared to directly aiming what you're trying to hit

I love Roadhog because he's fucking amazing at grabbing the enemy's flankers and screaming LEGGO MY EGGO into their faces.
For the purposes of this discussion Roadhog's eggo is his healers.

Reaper's simple but very solid. He's an excellent tank-killer and can be fucking annoying to deal with in general. He's even kind of self-sufficient since he can regenerate a lot of his lost health by eating people after he kills them.

>Mercy
>top
She's pretty shitty in all regards, her ult is her only saving grace.
lucio outheals her, lucio has a lot more independence during fights, Lucio has way more tools to get people off his ass, and he adds actual combat utility to the fight, instead of just a measly 30% damage increase to a single ally.
The only time you get away with having a Mercy on KotH maps is when you're bound to win anyways.

melee attacks havelasting hitboxes so you can 360 slap people if you want

I noticed ranked is much more casual to play then when it first launched.

Also ive had more success with teams without mics than those who demand them being used. I do feel like having a mic would help but some people are just really annoying to deal with so its nicer just to communicate with text.

yes which mean his skill floor is low.

skill floor is the minimum necessary to play the hero. if shitboxes are forgiving, that means you don't need tight aim or good aim at all to play the hero. That means the skill floor is not high, it is low.

"high" skill floor would be something like playing golf in real life. you need to prepare and learn the proper swing to hit the golf ball, you can't just run up and whack it and expect it to go anywhere near where you want. playing golf has a higher skill floor than playing hanzo. Hanzo you can just drop into a match and spam arrows and get kills, it doesn't take any special preparation to learn this.

I'm saying you mixed up your buzzwords and you don't know what you're saying.

i just wanted to look at memes about the trash boy

looks like you need a time out

>defending first on on attack sided map
>team goes full tilt and starts trolling
Nice game blizzcucks

I understand you, his hitboxes are pure shit in this particular video tho you see that arrows actually hit the head, This specific video doesn't really prove your point, but I do get it. It's the same shit with all projectiles tho, junkrat bombs, s76 missles, zenyata orbs, mei icicles, etc. you catch my drift.

Sombra is going to be the new zen 100%. Fun for a week then you will get shit for picking her.

all maps are attack sided

76 cannot shred tanks point blank. 76 also can't sneak into the enemy team's backline or reach certains places on the map. Unlike other flankers he's not squishy and can heal himself. There's also not much competition as other flankers have trouble with tanks so their targets are different.

post webms

you...you do know what having a low skill floor an a high skill floor actually mean, right?

Who wants to group up on xboxone only ever played with randies and lose too much

I want Mei to be mine.

Should Concusion Mine damage Junkrat?

no, i dont

you're mistaking skill floor for skill ceiling you dumb twat

>should we make Junkrat useless?

>could barely push it after the 2nd point on gibraltar
>expect low morale and shit talk
>full hold after 1st point
Surprising easy points.

>what is a skill ceiling
Keep your memes to a minimum retards.

a high skill floor means the worst you can be is pretty high

a high skill ceiling means the best you can be is pretty high

and vice versa

>he's white

Oh tumblr.

>you will never make Tracer moan

Is masteroverwatch not updating correctly for anyone else?

>it's a "misunderstand and misuse /v/ buzzwords while acting pretentious about it" episode

this 1 again? c'mon, stupid rerun

Why don't you use OBS for recording? Shadowplay works fine too. If you don't care about pirating pirate fraps or dxTory,

>fix hanzos hitboxes
>this hero's skill floor is way too high
>skill floor

What's with all the latest Reinhardt PoTGs? In my last 5 matches, 4 were Reinhardt. Did he get a buff?

what the fuck is wrong with the part in her hair
makes her forehead look like it extends past the top of the picture

sombra when, theyre half an hour late

Yes user. Please educate yourself before posting again. You cannot play worse than a skill floor.

CATCHPRAHSE

Why are there so many chinks in my game

It's 7:33 am here. The launcher says 7-9 am PDT. The timezone I'm in.

Skill floor is the minimum skill you require to play effectively
Skill ceiling is the maximum effectivity you can have given the highest skill amount possible by human standards

The fact that they describe two different things while still having "Skill" in their descriptor is what confuses people, I guess

Means the rest of your team forgot to press Q for potg. BRING ME ANOTHER

Skill floor is the minimum skill you need to be decent at a hero. That means a high skill floor means you need to be good at the fundementals of a game to play them effectively. Low skill floor is being able to do fine without much experience.

Skill ceiling is skill needed to be very good or "master" a character. High means it is very difficult to be the best with a character and learn their ins and outs, with low meanings its not very hard.

use dotabuff, i mean overbuff

seriously though, with how much detail they put into tracking dota 2 records overbuff would probably have more accuracy on stats.

though the stat updates there take hours or something

>why such hate for junkrat
Because he literally loses you games by giving free charge to cyka. He's worse than every shitter Hanzo you've met.
>enemy has an obligatory retard junkrat because the tooltip said NO DEFENCE HEROES
>our cyka at constant 100%
>switch to double cyka
>proceed to rape with black holes every 30s bacause the retard is still playing shitrat

So /owg/, what was your initial rank and what rank are you now?

>Skill floor is the minimum skill you require to play effectively
see

Tbf though I think Junkrat's just a really obnoxious character. To call him Borderlands: the Hero fits him exactly

Then again I've played like 20 matches or so, so I've been constantly in the limbo.

How do we make Symmetra usable on more than the first two stages of 3 maps?

skill floor just means how much skill you need to play something

skill ceiling is how high you can take it with skill

I started at 49 and i'm at 55 just now, eventually you'll get into it, so don't worry.

52. Then I played one game and dropped to 51. I haven't played comp since

Since you guys seem to be struggling with this.

I've been on a wild rollercoaster of elo hell, and I'm glad I'm back to making gains again.

>tfw people won't stop shooting with the shield up

I love her saying MAXIMUM CHARGE

>load up overwatch
>ranked
>play 3 koth back to back
>they all go the distance
>lose all of them
>get kicked from server on the first non koth match
>have to play dark souls now

>kill a Roadhog with a Pin
>DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION NOW?

>play solo comp for the first time because my usual team is away
>map is anubis and they wreck us on defense
>whe go offense and i pick d.va because my team cant handle the fact that they have a bastion
>kill the bastion and harass their sniper so my team can push
>drop the bomb after our rein charged and we cap the point
>switch back to junkrat on defense and we get wrecked again
>tell team that we will need reaper on defense because they have two tanks
>our other tank switches to reaper and i have to switch from d.va to a main tank because she can't tank for shit
>nobody can handle the bastion
Never again.

Cool down on her turrets needs to drop by 1 or 2 seconds. You should be able to spam that shit

and if my skill is below the floor, where do i fit on that metric

one cannot play worse than the skill floor

There aren't many people there. It usually mixes some high 70s, low 70s, and 1-2 60s. Duo around rak 80 guaranteed to have 4 low 60 shitters.

>play nothing but Reinhardt
>know I'm always useful
>know I'm always spreading justice
>know every day I am coming closer to having an actual catchphrase
>hitting people with a giant hammer and then charging them into a wall is never not effective

Was 51, am 51.
Fuck leavers to death.

Post yfw MAXIMUM CHARGE

>be west coast US
>always at least 3 korean genjis per game

gotta abuse the high ping melee exploit while it lasts

he's not that good on koth maps tbqf

you can't play the hero at any real level then

>when /v/ calls Mad Max inspired aesthetics "Borderlands"

I know it shouldn't be surprising that video game enthusiasts will use that as a frame of reference but where do you think Fallout and Borderlands got their looks from? Both junker heroes are even Australian.

48 > 68 > 56

Fucking hate this game