/pgg/ Pokémon Go General

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>official FAQ
support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Fresh with updates!
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4sheud/pokemon_go_has_logged_me_out_of_the_game_and/
google.com/maps/@33.7837323,-118.2909955,17.04z
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw you just want to meet people, but nobody is out every time you go

why is it always so awkward to meet people at lures?

ayy brisfags
you up?

>tfw only 2 Gyms and 2 Pokestops in the entire town

>tfw meet people regularly
>tfw they're always cool and easy to communicate with

Its only awkward if you or the other people are awkward. I've met tons of people just fine and made more than a few friends at them.

ooh bb
>tfw still no pikachu

>Use incense
>Leave the game open
>Not one pokemon arrives in 30 minutes

Is this because I didn't pay for it?

Servers fucked for anyone else right now?

>243 cp
>over halfway past the bar

Don't worry it's trash you'll use for pikachu candy anyway

Is it safe to spoof gps with a rooted phone?

incense gives you rare spawns, but not more spawns.. i think so you still gotta walk about

is combat based solely on cp? what's the deal with the # next to attacks that doesn't change based on cp

I don't want to go outside

Not true, incense just makes a pokemon spawn every 5 minutes

Obviously if you move around you get the pokemon from the incense plus whatever you'd get from walking around

>2/3 gyms are still bugged

Fuck this.

Is this game fun? What is the fun part about it? I've played it for 30 minutes or so and nowhere has fucking wifi so im just standing there like a fucking moron.

guys no memes pls
does lures also attract qts?

>Team Valor at my university is so goddamn tryhard that for three nights straight, they have gone out gym hunting between the hours of 3AM and 6AM
>constantly driving and longboarding around town to "beat up" on anything not Valor
>their highest-level player specifically researched and played Ingress for months to "practice" for the GO release
>has so many 1.5k rare Pokemon that literally nobody else can compete, constantly holds gyms for other Valors to stuff

The fuck is wrong with people.

Going to my local forest today which apparently has a lot of pokestops.
I missed a parasect, golbat, sandrew and pidgeot cuz no pokeballs.
Feelsbadman.jpg

Believe or not but the chance of attracting a qt is about the same as encountering a shiny pokemon in the wild.

Looking around, there a quite a few of those blue things.

Should I go for it?

>tfw still not available in your country

How am I supposed to hunt with normalfags if I use the pirated version?

>this PokeStop name

WHO RUNS POKETOWN

>yesterday during adventuring
>see a fucking starmie
>take a pic for posting here
>camera start freaking out
>GAME CRASHES
>restart
>starfag is still there
>CRASHES AGAIN
>RESTART AGAIN AND IT HAPPENS AGAIN AND AGAIN
I'm still mad

That's actually pretty incorrect from my experience.

Finding someone that's both attractive and single, though, is definitely like trying to find a shiny.

no

Nothing a ski mask and a collapsible baton can't fix.

So what's the sterotypes for each team

Last thread died, Im not sure if anyone answered my question. If anyone can help id appreciate it

So i downlaoded bluestacks and watched that video, did everything to a T. Rooted, luckypatcher, GPS installed everything modified so that google will not pick me up. Whats going on?

Im on windows 7 and i have no sensor devices, I cannot seem to get the location to work. I just get location error or gps error every single time.

Anyone know what to do? I am doing everything exactly the way its suppose to be. I simply cannot get this spoof to work. Iv tried mulitple times, im running windows 7. Any help would be nice, I recently damaged my calf and its extremly painful to play this game.

I really like the concept but i dont wanna be left behind, all my friends are attaining pokemons at 1000cp and im still lvl 4. The only time i get to play is when im in a car and thats not so fun.

they're all autists who play a children's video game

just assemble a mystic or instinct team and take revenge

Valor: Autistic and tryhard
Mystic: Autistic and tryhard
Instinct: Autistic and tryhard

My only awkward experiences with people at lures were ones at awkward locations, like there were two set up at busy playground at a park nearby our house and it was kinda awkward for that but besides that the people were cool.

Valor - Normies
Mystic - Fedoras
Valor - Loners

Any team you pick is the same honestly. I met several people at the park today, everyone looks neet lol

>capture 3 gyms that are close to each other
>walk past a gas station nearby
>clerk inside with phone in hand gives me the stink eye

kek

>tfw was considering a new phone so I could play this game
>Have 1st gen 4g MotoG
>DL APK and try it
>Runs fine

Apparently the 2nd gen Moto G sucks at running this game. Played for an hour and there was any battery or data usage, no overheating.

I did download my local area to google maps so I don't know if that helps.

cute

Spoof.

the same way you would with a legit version?

hey guys how do a catch a nincada in this game

See, the problem is that I've seen Mystic try that before. You can put a chink into what Valor holds but within an hour or two, they pull up in mobs and take it back through sheer numbers. If you do it later in the day to try and avoid that, they do like they have the past three nights and literally Gym battle at fucking 4AM.

then wait and beat them up
i'm just waiting for PG to start gang wars

Valor: full of people who ironically take the team thing with the fervor of a trump fan or an internet commie.
Mystic: try to be levelheaded, end up being fedoras. Normally tries to get on the good side of instinct because they think valor is autistic.
Instinct: hipsters

should i wait with all my evolutions for when i get the lucky egg drop or is there no point?

>tfw this is from sitting at my desk at work
>tfw there is a gym above my apartment

I'm with the same problem. Somehow it works normally in my notebook but i keep getting "failed to detect location" in my PC.
Things that apparently may fix it for you
>download "developer option tool.apk", install, run it and turn it off, before opening lucky patcher or pokemon go
>open pokemon go, log in, then go to lucky patcher and put your location, come back to the game and it should be fixed

Lads which team is Veeky Forums??

jesus christ
i'd upload a pic of my stuff at work, but there is literally NOTHING on the map and I can't even catch any pokemons

All of them.

We are all yellow

INSTINCT OR EXTINCT

inspiration!

So I just read the updated pastebin and I want to figure something out. It said leveling up increases the min/max CP for every species, but does that include already caught 'mons? I was under the impression that each pokemon you catch has a set in stone min/max and it never changed

I also haven't gotten to catch a whole lot so it'd take a while to test that theory

Newfag here.

So when you leave Pokemon at a gym do they stay there? Do you have to go back to get them if they're knocked out?

So transfer all XS pokemon?

V A L O R
A
M
O
S

When they get beat they are automatically returned to you with 1hp.

>does that include already caught 'mons?
No.

They return automatically with 1 HP remaining if they're beaten.

> Nowhere has fucking wifi

Get mobile data, idiot.

I just 2x xp evo leveled 50 pokes from 19 to 20.5 and holy shit does the xp needed rocket up.

The closest pokestop to my house is a mural which no longer exists.

>I've played it for 30 minutes or so and nowhere has fucking wifi so im just standing there like a fucking moron.

Fucking moron, you need mobile data.

Please tell me you are from Norn Ireland and its some IRA/Ulster one?

>ITS A CRASH EVERYTIME I TAP A GYM EPISODE

>does that include already caught 'mons?
>No.

So basically, level anything before reaching max trainer level is a waste?

So is the level cap still assumed to be 25? Anyone got to it yet?

Anyone else experiencing issues on Pokemon Trainer Club account?

Not if you need them to just a bit stronger to beat a gym. But in general, yeah.

Kek I have a mural pokestop near my house too. NI?

yes.

V A L O R

I love team drive by.

Yeah, I switched to Google account because of this.

how do i get good?

ues, and leddit verifies

reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4sheud/pokemon_go_has_logged_me_out_of_the_game_and/

reminder leddit's official team is mystic for the euphoria of intelligence

grind pidgeys

Is there some kind of fix for the freeze issues? Almost everytime I catch a mon the game freezes. Having login issues as fuck as well.

Grind your trainer level.

That's it.

I caught 2 Drowzees, one is 78 cp and one is 76cp

Am I right in thinking I should turn the 76 into candy. They are both at the same point on the arc thing.

Am I right in thinking that if the arc is less full, its better as it means he has more room to improve?

I don't play for the battles, but just the fact that you run around with your phone trying to capture pokemon is pretty fun.

The localisation doesn't seem that bad, went in the forest near a small lake and i found the fish, the baby frog and the jellyfish

Dammit, that's lame.
Sounds like I'm better off saving my stardust and candies than leveling anything ever. And my starter will always be trash

>tfw Valor and Trump fan
Do you guys just not get how much fun it is to exaggerate and take things more seriously than they are?

It's like waifu wars for a single cour harem.

you are wrong about the latter. All mons have the same max potential at the same trainer level, with minor variance. mons that come with higher pre-training potential are better. period.

DAILY REMINDER TEAM INSTINCT OR EXTINCT

>terrible combat system
>gyms are a waste of time, your gyms will be taken over within an hour and the defender bonus is shit compared to just catching pokemon for stardust
>leveling pokemon is a waste of time, you'll catch/hatch high level pokemon later anyways
>no PVP
>no trading
>no breeding
>literally no reason to meet with other people IRL unless you want to talk about the game and fellate each other over whatever team you're on
>don't even bother playing unless you live in an urban area
>buggy as fuck
>gen 1 pandering
>literally the only fun part of the game is catching all the pokemon, which is getting old fast

Anyone else dropping this shit after they "catch em all"?

>tfw still no jolteon
>tfw only catching pidgeys, weedles, and rares now
>tfw suddenly even CP 50 pokes are breaking out of regular pokeballs

lads is it safe to say niantic and pretty much everyone behind this, completely underestimated how popular it would be?

also can they even reasonably have servers good enough to handle this amount of peeps??

To the people who lives outside of a city, how do you train ur pokemon?

yeah let's go back to playing memewatch bro

>google.com/maps/@33.7837323,-118.2909955,17.04z
>This is supposedly a Dratini spawn

Looks like i'll be taking a virtual trip to LA tomorrow.

>And my starter will always be trash

Might as well turn your starter into candy now. The game doesn't work like traditional a pokemon game where your starter ends up sticking with you till the end.

mystic team ftw

>can't install apk files on bluestacks

why?

i drove 40 mins tonight to a port and ended up having a good chat with about 5 guys and their gfs. we even got the people sitting in their cars to come outside and hang out/

seriously user stop being autistic.
there does need to be trainer v trainer though.

>tfw plane
Who wants to see me fly

this.

I would like to add, don't be a try hard faggot.

After extensive research and analysis, I have come to this unrefutable conclusion.

Prove me wrong.

You can't.

I'd rather just go to a bar and hang out with people. Do you seriously need a dumb mobile game to be social?

>All mons have the same max potential at the same trainer level
>mons that come with higher pre-training potential are better. period

so which is it?

Is the max potential the same for all pokemon of same name at trainerlevel (meaning the max potentital increases for already caught pokemons)

or

Is the max potentital locked to when you caught a monster and catching a new one is better?

>teleporting miles away

Enjoy being hit on the first ban wave like ingress.