/pgg/ pokeyman

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemongames/pokemon

>official FAQ
support.pokemon.niantic.com/hc/en-us

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spE64rbPw
Fresh with updates!
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the fuck you to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY&t=5m32s
youtube.com/watch?v=T3amxsFWCT0&t=1m13s
youtube.com/watch?v=8OO1pOqRJkA&t=0m12s
itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-go/id1094591345?mt=8
pokemongolive.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for valor

cunt

the pastebin was removed dude

Shit ton of lure

Fith for Instinct

xth for being a kakuna/pidgeotto factory

pls help

what the fuck how

Fuck off.

>pokeyman

You know people find the general by searching for pokemon?

Fucking moronic idiot.

I'm level 14 now, not sure if I want to keep going though. I can already sense the grind coming, every level takes much longer now.

Also the problem is that this game is SO dependent on you being in a city center. Way more stops, way more gyms, way more lures and way more pokemon spawning than in rural areas and in nature. Kinda sucks balance wise, why can't nature at least have more pokemon to make up for no stops and gyms?

Also this game is too social. You benefit so much from going around in a big team and group of people compared to lone wolfing it.

I fucking hate you for living there

Noone can help you except if your phone has an option to deactivate that. Get an Anker.

your phone is probably shutting things off to save power at that point. I'd say go into your power saving setting and tinker around with them to see if there is anything doing it.

Does anyone else think they will get quite fit from this.

I live in a small town, there are stops, but they are about a 3-5 min walk from each other, I am running everywhere and after an hour I am exhausted, not run this much in years but it doesn't feel like exercise while I do it.

jesus even on VG there seems to be no end to the GO threads plz stop

More

Based.

Someone make a new thread.

Servers down? I keep getting 'unable to authenticate'

When a Gym has smoke and shit coming out = fight going on?

Have you tried charging your phone?

This is why this game is shit

So imbalanced

If you live in a big city you can literally get MORE done by sitting on your ass between 3 lured stops all day doing nothing

compared to a guy in a tiny town or rural area who has to move like 20km a day to get anything

>Implying he lives there
Kaaba and Jerusalem are good hunting grounds. Kaaba has less pokéstops but fucking Growlithes. Checking out Mount Everest now, brb.

isn't that the point of Veeky Forums

Hey if I leave this game in my pocket and the phone locks itself, does it still register my steps for eggs?

Does the game dev have a website or something where i can see maps of stops around me? There's nothing around my house and i want to know where to go to farm efficiently.

no

Maybe you should just GO and ignore it.
Someone get me a Carlos .gif.

Havent started the game yet cause busy with real life shit and will get a new phone this week so ill start then. Do I have to join in on this team bullshit or can i level up just fine without it? Is gyms the only shit I cant have access to as a no team player ?

How's it unbalanced? It's not like the guy in the city is going to drive to bumfuck nowhere to steal your gym

Don't worry dude, limerence will wear off and normies will drop it. I know the hype seems endless but this is what? Week one of pogo?

Unless there are some drastic overhauls people will tire of this quickly. Case in point: exactly how popular was ingress? I've seen advertisements for say, clash of clans, but not so much ingress.

Besides, sun and moon are right around the corner.

>drowzee
youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY&t=5m32s
>pidgey
youtube.com/watch?v=T3amxsFWCT0&t=1m13s
>ratata
youtube.com/watch?v=8OO1pOqRJkA&t=0m12s

anyone got more?

Implying that's a lot.

NYC Bro
NYC

is ghasty worth looking for? i have him narby

Download ingress.

>compared to a guy in a tiny town or rural area who has to move like 20km a day to get anything

I live in a smallish city and you'd have to walk 20km to get fucking anything and there is a small town about 20km away from the city, the entire town itself is about 3km long, and it was 30 pokestops and it's always swarming with pokemon

has anyone figured out what exactly causes pokemon population to increase?

At this point the only pokemon I want to see are rares and low CP pidgeys and weedles.

game is getting boring

holding it down southeast Michigan

does nyc have a bunch of species there?

That's really dumb

You can level without it fine, just the dominant team will have easier access to double exp items.

Nidoran at Mount Everest, nothing else it seems.

Show 'mons.

Holy shit.

Yeah, central park is very varied.
Caught about 80/150 there alone

Yeah I think GO reactivated my interest in Pokemon. I was exhausted after autismal shiny hunting and breeding for competitive and themed teams in X&Y.

So I skipped ORAS.

But I think I'll come back for S&M, even though right now I hate a whole lot of the revealed Pokemon. At least the area seems fucking cool, love comfy islands.

I have to admit I wish we'd get a clean slate for once with the main Pokemon games. No more trading in your old pokemon from x years ago, no pokemon bank, just a fresh start for all.
Wouldn't even mind losing all my time-intense bred pokemon I had

Ok senpaitachi I am level 8 and can level up my eevee. My question is: If I evolve the eevee now while not being higher level will they be too low to be worth it?

Also do the moves they have really determine what it evolves into? I'd like lightning since everyone is bug/water/bird

>wrong pic

Pokemon population depends on overall cell phone usage, a metric they take from Google I think.

The more people use phones in an area (the more densely populated and more work places I guess), the more pokemon.

Which is shit because it would be more balanced if towns had more stops and gyms but nature was better for poke hunting.

I have a comfy forest nearby but there is no reason to go there for me if I find barely any pokemon, no stops and no gyms

>All those Pokestops
>Probably hella Pokemon too

Go fuck yourself.

Hmm gess Ill go no team then, think imma just go full normie adn enjoy the game.

What if I told you that Game Freak is looking into how/if they can connect GO to S&M?

Are Drowzees really so common for you guys? I'm level 15 and I've never run into one.

I found one first day. Not so common I can farm that many hypnos though

second only to pidgey

>just took the bus towards home
>before next stop it was already gone
cba

I wouldn't give a shit because i haven't played a main title since glorious gen 5. Everything new is shit and i won't play any of it.

Version 1.01 just got released on iOS go download it now bros

what about android?

>2 people in control of a gym
>prepare4trouble
>makeitdouble

kekked

also pls help me

changelog?

post patch notes or fuck off

There's a few unclaimed Arenas in Pripyat if any spoofer wants to get mad dosh for long lasting Arenas.

Ha name the one with 1134 hell

Level 7 and ran out of Pokeballs, live in the middle of nowhere and been relying shitmons I encounter at home or on my walks. I have no Pokestops near me (none visible on the map). My three best Pokemon are 200CP Raticate, 170CP Pidgeotto and 190CP Beedrill.

Am I fucked now? Do I need to buy shit or visit a city?

Not even worth updating.

You won't get any free PokeShekels if you don't join a team.

>how to eventually get banned in one easy step

>someone in shitty suburb pops a lure finally
>rush there and pop incense
>all these fucking catches

No fucking wonder you cityfolk are level 20+

itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-go/id1094591345?mt=8

WHAT’S NEW on 1.0.1

Thank you for your incredible response and support of Pokémon GO! We are working hard to improve the experience for everyone. This update focuses on making Pokémon GO more stable with the following improvements:

- Trainers do not to have to enter their username and password repeatedly after a force log out
- Added stability to Pokémon Trainer Club account log-in process
- Resolved issues causing crashes
- Fixed Google account scope

For future updates and latest news, check out our official site at pokemongolive.com/ and follow our social channels at:

Again, we are humbled by the overwhelming response. Thank you!

Niantic Team

rate my 1st 1k cp poke
im lvl 14

>1.0.1
>this isn't a beta
>this is it
>this is the full game

I'm fucking done. Fuck this shit.

>this game is only getting more popular every day
Well so much for it dying in a week. Most people seem to be 18+ too

Was wondering about this last night but forgot to check.
If it wasn't for spoofing I wonder if people would ever take the pokestops and gyms in Chernobyl and Fukushima.
It's a shame there isn't a map available online that shows the status of pokestops and gyms in an area

you're fucked

I agree. I think it's based on how many cell phones are in the area. If you drive around a busy shopping area you will have pokemon popping up in the parking lot.

I do believe that some areas are somewhat designated to populating specific types, though. Around my friend's house there are a fuck ton of Drowzee and a static Hypno spawn. I'm pretty damn sure it's not a coincidence at this point

How did you get it?

catching ofc spend like 3 great balls

they plan to put in trading and other shit, and pushing content bi-weekly

remember that this is basically an MMO, they have to make more stuff or lose players

Is there any way to charge my phone from my laptop quick enough so the battery doesn't continue draining?

Your fault for not reading shit. They also already said they would be adding things as they go.

>A lure in a street called "Donkersteeg"
>Literally "dark alley"

>turns out the game was just a stunt to get uber-normies interested in buying Sun&Moon and a 3DS

Welp. I give it another 2 weeks before I give up. They announced trading so that implies SOMETHING down the line at least.

Spoofers will get banned anyways, only a few survive the regular banhammer purges by Niantic.

I'm just exploring on a second account to see if I can find cool Pokémon anywhere. Nothing so far in Area 51, Mount Everest and at the Trinity Site.

nobody cares

worth it for not having to re-enter pw alone
and for the crashes

on android when? I need a new .apk I guess

sucks that it's not a good pokemon

how do i use these Lure Modules? I was at a pokestopp and could not use it

In Ingress some people actually did a Photo op with their trip to Pripyat.

There's also one guy stationed at McMurdoc Station that keeps the three portals there clear.

What should you do if you catch a fully evolved rare pokemon, but it has absolutely shit CP?

Trash it?

Can you get lures just from playing normally or you have to buy them?

>he expected more than what we're getting from a sub 50mb microtransaction mobile phone market pseduo game
You stupid motherfuckers are pissing me off with your fucking bullshit. There is no fucking way in hell you were even looking forward to this, no one was, /vp/ itself was talking shit about it. But you're fucking sitting here getting mad over your own fucking bullshit expectations of some fucking piece of shit that not even nintendo gave a shit about,

>Solving crashes
>Not worth updating
????

>Spoofers will get banned anyways, only a few survive the regular banhammer purges by Niantic.
wonder how they do it, probably just log your gps location and if it looks shitty they nuke you

I assume they only go after the really obvious people though

I wish this game notified you when theres a lure activated within a certain distance, for people not in the city its not a 24/7 sight

>drive around on my motorcycle
>capture 7 gyms
>an 5 min. later all 7 gyms are already captured by the enemy team
>all by the same guy

spoofing is good guys xD

there is no fucking point, i guess i am going to spoof as well

keep it as a trophy mon

Yes. Rare implies that you will not get very many candies for it in the first place, meaning there is little point to powering it up anyways. Plus, you can always just wait until you get that rare pokemon again when you are higher level.