Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-New exploit in the works for US/JAP 3DS 11.0, based on SmileBASIC:wololo.net/2016/07/05/another-3ds-exploit-just-got-announced-game-smile-basic/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates

Other urls found in this thread:

zxing.org/w/decode?u=http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1468348613493.png
mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
smealum.github.io/3ds/#prepare
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301368
amazon.com/Action-Replay-Powersaves-Cheat-Device-Nintendo/dp/B00CQ9L1Z6
ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=oot 3d&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc
youtube.com/watch?v=-dLgq1bmo3Q&t=2m6s
smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases/download/06-26-16/oot3dhax_rawsaveimages_haxpayloads_06-26-16.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Vita CFW never

My emunand freezes my 3DS when I try to open it and have no idea what would work as a solution, will games still display my friend list inside of them even if the app won't load?

Monster Hunter Generations US CIA WHEN?

WHEN
H
E
N

Downloaded Rhythm Heaven Megamix, but when I boot it up, the 3DS gets stuck on this screen...Any help?

for those who used 3DS multinand creator, when extracting the NAND, do we have to input a specific file_name or on the contrary we can enter anything we want ?

Pretty sure it's already out.

It can be anything

You need to setup Luma region emulation, I think

Anyone got a link to a smilebasic cia?

Not cryptofixed. Where did you download it from? freeShop works.

ok, looks like there is an error : 'Invalid 3DS NAND dumpn the NCSD header is missing'

its in /mhg/ pastebin

Do we have a Monster Hunter Gen QR code though?

So I'm getting a black screen after getting to the step where I install arm9loaderhax.
I have the backups but can't boot into any menus except for the lumas3ds configuration screen. Am I boned?

the game would have to be officially out for that to work

QRs download from Nintendos servers

No, keep following the guide.

Opps, My bad, been going through 4 parts of this guide high AF, getting frustrated at all the shit I had to do

Its out you fucking retard, now go pirate it and never play it

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>romaji
Out with you.

On console homebrew browser from last thread

>tfw people keep posting brick codes expecting me to be dumb enough to scam them and brick my console

How do I get my Friends List to open without crashing with CFW? Someone said it was tied to having to recreate data by launching the Mii Maker, but it didn't solve it.

>brick code

zxing.org/w/decode?u=http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1468348613493.png
b8 harder next time

Good morning gentlemen and London.
I have created a quick and easy guide for shitposting with guaranteed replies.
Shitposters, these are entry level tips.
Anons, please continue as you were.
In order to make or spot a shitpost, you need to ask yourself if it meets any of these requirements.
Does the post
>have a question answered by the OP
>have transgender slurs pertaining to Aurora Wright
>ask for when something is released
>ask for a DS emulator without firm patching or a flash cart
>contain the number 5
>pertain to the PlayStation Vita© console
>contain a running joke otherwise known as a 'meme'
>contain the word 'leak' or any variant thereof
>ask for when something will be released
>ask about github projects without Google 1st page knowledge
>talks about 3dsiso
>talk about gbaTemp
>begin a flame war between Rei, Aurora, and mid-kid
>break a global rule
>break a board rule
>have a name besides Anonymous
>have a tripcode attached, secure or insecure
If the post in question has none of these, then I recommend some changes.
Shitposters should retype their post to include one or two of these. Guaranteed replies are useful in keeping these threads alive when the lack of actual content is clear.
Anonymous can answer concisely to both with respectful and well-written posts that bump the thread so it is not flooded by any general.
Examples of other generals that have and may flood the board include /utg/, /ksg/, /fnafg/, and obviously /nintyg/.
Remember to follow this guideline, and absolutely everything that can go wrong will go left.
Not right.

But user, those couldn't have been the same guy if you check the posting times

So I'm trying to enter homebrew launcher from the .cia but it opens the luma coldboot screen like it used to before a9lh, do I replace the boot.3dsx from starter kit from the one I have in the SD?

anyway, if I don't find a solution for it, can I just redo all the guide with the new sd ?

Part 4 step 15, it won't find the "fbi with inject with banner"

Can I push select and try putting the file on the sd card again?

Redo part 3 onwards.

yes

and so can I copy all the files from my old sd or is it risky ?

Don't bother. Just keep the Nintendo 3DS folder, because that has game data

well, since it's a new n3ds, the 3ds should be empty right ? I just need to create one in the new sd

>>contain the number 5

Yeah, sure.

Two things as for cart rips (using decrypt9WIP):

1. Can't rip SMT4, gets a wrong cart ID and just fails. Any idea why?

2. Can't install converted .cia of Sega 3D Classics. I have the decrypted trimmed .3ds and converted it, but the converted .cia won't start installing. Gives the following error message:

>Failed to Install CIA file.
>Result Code: 0xD8A08012
>Level: Permanent (27)
>Summary: Invalid state (5)
>Module: AM (32)
>Desc: (18)

I bought an OoT cartridge to install OoThax, but there's too much conflicting installation information and too many conflicting download links. Are there any up-to-date guides on how to install OoThax? Too many of them assume you already have homebrew installed and were written a year ago.

Just use the one in GBAtemp, it works perfectly fine

Hey everyone, a friendly /g/entooman here.

I have a question.

Before anyone asks, I have also already searched the wiki.

I am currently looking to buy a 3ds. I am likely going to get a sky3ds+ and use a powersave to grab my private header so I don't get banned online reliving my childhood playing pokemon. I have already downloaded Pokemon AS and notice that it isn't a .cia or .3ds, but a .3dz. Is this alright? What is the difference between the three?

Is there anything else anyone can recommend?

Thank you in advance!

So those color corrected GBA titles in the pastebin? Do those work? Because I installed them and it just crashed the 3DS. I read the injecting GBA games in the pastebin, but it said I didn't need to do anything because I have Luma 3DS. Is something wrong with the .cias and I should redownload them or am I missing a key component here?

Side question, what's the best DS flashcart I can get that works with a CFW 3DS?

You're really better off getting a CFW 3DS. That wiki is awfully out of date too.

.3dz is just a different extension to .3ds that indicates to Gateway that it's ready to go online. .cia is an installable package for digital content kind of like a .msi.

Are you using Luma + a9lh?

gd link for MHG US cia?
send help

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

pass: TheDoctorIsIn

Not that I know of. I don't recall ever installing a a9lh. I'll look into it, thanks.

I just finished the 3ds guide. What do I do to login to my Nintendo ID and stuff? Is it safe to do so now, or is there something I should install? Any other tips or recommendations are appreciated

It's this wiki guide.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
If you don't have that, then you're probably using Luma + emunand, right?
If your nands are unlinked, install the CIA to both sysnand and emunand.

It just werks

>4.) Follow the steps to get Ironhax/Ninjhax/Menuhax/Rumblehax/WHATEVERhax working

Ironhax doesn't work on 11.0, I just bought OoT so I'm not dropping more money on Cubic Ninja just to read more guides that say "okay, now that you've bought CN, you'll need to buy ANOTHER game to install a hax in order to get THIS game's hax to work" like I'm seeing with OoT, menuhax doesn't work on 11.0, I've never even heard of rumblehax and it isn't mentioned at all on this guide that was recommended by /hbg/: smealum.github.io/3ds/#prepare
So none of the options listed in #4 work, so I can't follow this guide and have to use some other one, unless you have advice that is explicitly not mentioned in that GBAtemp post.

In addition, it has that same problem I mentioned earlier. It merely says "install x hax" without explaining how to do so, and it was written a year ago, so it's almost certainly outdated anyway. "Just follow a random guide" doesn't work when there are 3 or more guides all giving conflicting information or no information at all.

T-thanks user!

How to upgrade SD card after finishing Philect guide?

copy all files onto new sd

The friendly /g/entooman again. Thanks for the quick reply!

That's what I figured, the extensions being pretty much the same thing. I'm also guessing that any programs that can open/mod one can do the same to the other?

I will look into getting a CFW one then, but let's continue this as if the world was just about ending and I couldn't get my hands on one. Worst case Ontario.

Is there any other way to get the private header off of a game other than buying/returning a powersave? I'm guessing it is possible with the CFW, but again, worst case Ontario.

I have also seen that games can be converted from .3ds/(.3dz(?)) to .cia to be installed on the 3ds. I'm guessing this is a pretty good idea? If so, I'll be following said guides to get this done.

Any other tips/tricks? Anything I could be forgetting?

Thanks again!

that's it?

Press B to return, then press select to safely eject SD Card, put it in your system, then copy the file, then try again.

Todd, pls elaborate

MHX to MHGen file transfer when?

.cia and .3ds/.3dz are different formats, but you can convert between them. .cia is for installing the game as if it were an eShop download, while .3ds/.3dz is for running from a flashcart.
CFW can only install .cia, while Sky3DS can only run legitimate .3ds.

You also can dump the header of a game by dumping the whole game, and that can be done with a CFW console.

After finishing that guide you will have no emunand. So you only need to copypaste files.

You don't need to do anything more to go online.

What are some dank homebrews I should get on my freshly hacked 3DS?
Stuff like freeshop and other very useful utilities.

More update on the SMT4

It gives me a message: "Error reading cart NCSD header"

How do I download and play free DS games onmy 3ds?

To be sure, can I just redo the part 3 with only the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder ?

buy a DS flashcart

So I can connect this device to my NNID and be fine?

Recommend me some good PSP game /hbg/

yes

yes

Outrun 2006
also on other platforms, but a perfect portable game

I dunno all of them but BlargSNES is pretty dank.

Also consider FTPD if you don't have it on HB launcher.

Can I play Sega Genesis on my 3ds?

WILL SUCK COCK FOR SM LEAKS
WILL EAT ASS FOR SM CIA
Will shitpost for replies.

CORPSE PARTY LEAK WHEN?

are you fucking retarded? it out there.

were not gonna spoonfeed you everything faggot

Thanks, user!

My Wii U is 5.5.1, how safe it is to hack the Wii portion of the console for pirated Wii games?

Pretty safe if you follow a good guide specifically for the vWii.
Following Wii guides might cause a brick if you're installing anything pertaining to the system menu or IOS for example.

Is this guide good?

gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

Yes

freeShop users been vanned yet?
Ninty do anything to stop CDN piracy?

dstt as it's extremely cheap, just works and even support forwarders in case you want your ds games on your homescreen.

pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301368

could anyone turn this pokemon emerald hack into a cia please?

bump

>Install MHX
>Launch it
>Error

Do I have to update or something?

>bumping a 2 min request in a slow moving thread

Get Luma3DS if you don't feel like updating your firmware.

On this step all I have is

emuNAND.bin

I don't see anything about emu_NAND_original.bin

Read the whole line carefully

>HOW TO INSTALL HOMEBREW ON 11.0.0-33u FIRMWARE

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BUY IN ADVANCE:
>Powersaves, about $25 amazon.com/Action-Replay-Powersaves-Cheat-Device-Nintendo/dp/B00CQ9L1Z6
>An SD card reader, about $10. You can pick one up in the electronics section of most Walmarts or any electronics store. Multi-card readers with a slot for SD cards also work
>A physical cartridge of OoT3D, about $20 on ebay ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=oot 3d&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc (Scroll down to the middle of the page)

If you have all that, follow this guide (it still works as of mid-July on 11.0.0-33u firmware): youtube.com/watch?v=-dLgq1bmo3Q&t=2m6s

The video is 15 minutes long but you'll only be following its instructions for 10 minutes, and it's extremely easy to follow along with. The only part where there could be some confusion is 6 and a half minutes in. He says "I'll use this folder" a few times while there are multiple folders to choose from, but his facecam hides which folders he's choosing so you can't see them. At this part of the video, I chose saveimages_powersaves > cardids_c2fe009000000000 > usa, and since this guide worked for me on the first try, I recommend that you use that series of folders too (unless you live in Europe, in which case you would use the "eur" folder for the last one, obviously).

Download links you'll use while following this guide (feel free to download these in advance):
1: smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip (Even though it says ninjhax in the URL, it works for OoThax and most others)
2: github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases/download/06-26-16/oot3dhax_rawsaveimages_haxpayloads_06-26-16.zip
3: smealum.github.io/3ds/#prepare Scroll down to Otherapp/ropbin payloads, input your 3DS type and firmware type (for most people, that will probably be OLD or NEW 11.0.0-33U), then click Download ropbin.

If your talking about the arrow keys I did switch around the names but still no emuNAND_original,bin

Sadly, if the file isn't there, then you should backup again. Have a wank while you wait.

Is a 64GB micro sd for $16 a good deal? Its sandisk.

What about 128gb for $30 by the same brand?

Is 128gb enough to get the entire DS/3DS/GBA libraries?

>getting wanks out in a few minutes

Gotta edge that shit man, feels so much better after punishing yourself for an hour

64GB is already hard to fill, if you don't download 100 games and only play 1

You wouldn't be storing DS games on the same SD as GBA and 3DS games

How do I add box covers to the loadiine menu?

About 20 3DS rpg games I want and 20 DS games

Oh yeah I need one of those r4 gold cards. Will a 4gb micro sd be enough for many ds games?

I think that will do.

>Not downloading as much games as posible just because you can.

Press +. Or do it manually if you fucked up the folder names IDs.