/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Childhood friends edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RFR_eBXK3p0
youtube.com/watch?v=9E7necSx6NU
youtube.com/watch?v=tYbbQpAOnFc
julien-schu.tumblr.com/tagged/screenshot-tricks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for best boy

>cannot have him or his boss

Fucking dropped.

Everything about him was absolute cringe

>griffin quest at the tower
>locked camera angle RUN AWAY bullshit
>your pawn just stands there like a retard and gets thrown off
>your main pawn has become forfeited, return to rift blablablalba
Fucking stupid quest if anything

You had already jumped out from behind cover at that point without a disguise, it was too late for a lie like that.

You could argue "But she should have told you to do that before you went to hide" but you two were panicking at that point. It's not on her shoulders any more than it's on the Arisen's shoulders.

Nonsense, he has the soul of a poet. He should start a band.

youtube.com/watch?v=RFR_eBXK3p0

Post raw status screen of your Arisen.

>You had already jumped out from behind cover at that point without a disguise
Actually I jumped out in disguise.

>he doesn't flex his muscles
how does it feel to be a helpless child?

Must... not... pick... Aelinore...

You can blame the programmers instead for this shittily designed half-baked quest then.
>escape the dungeon
>i can literally walk past the duke back into his bedchamber to Aelinore again
It's not really her fault that this whole quest was unfinished from the start.

How hard it is it to make a mod that swaps models? Or just outright removes an enemy from the game?

Is this actually a meme?

why do you keep posting that one?
youtube.com/watch?v=9E7necSx6NU

ok dude

Also, I want to add that I still don't even think I'm wrong in her analysis, even though you seemed to think that I was saying otherwise earlier. Like I said here her lying to get off the hook is even more retarded because it's such an obvious as fuck bullshit that the duke didn't believe for a moment.

She didn't need to be some kind of mastermind to come up with the idea. "If I pretend I didn't know he was here, it'll buy me enough time to free him later, since there's no way we can talk our way out of this." How is that some kind of masterplan that requires genius intellect?

I remember you, you're the halfeling who rented my pawn Octavia.
Funny thing, I remember how you were level 20 or so when you said you would pick her up. Then you're level 64 and I still hasn't killed Grigori.

Funny how time flies.

When is a good time/level to start doing Bitter Black Isle?

>How hard it is it to make a mod that swaps models?
Not hard at all. Just 2 files to replace and rename. A few others to put at the right place. 1 to edit and repack everything
>Or just outright removes an enemy from the game?
You will have to edit a file for every place said enemy appears.

I feel like kidnapping some pawns and taking pics. Time will tell.

Whenever.

But to be an absolute story perfectionist, you should go into NG+ and then take on BBI.

go to 00:15 to scope a sweet hailstorm volley courtesy of my pawn

60 is a good spot from most recommendations.

Well... i only just killed the Griffin.
I keep dicking around way too much.

Neat, thanks. Hopefully I don't break my game trying to do it.

Just don't forget to make a backup of whatever you edit.
And no, you won't break your game. At worst, it will just crash. Replacing the edited .ARC by the normal will correct any error.

Crevi's owner: I'm having difficulty finding your pawn, did you level up since the other day?

Oh right! I levelled up to 71 just today, will that work?

>that fucking name
ow the edge

I'm not following, what's edgy about it?

Yep! I'll grab her in a jiffy.

Cute skirt/10

Touch her, user.

Adorable unicorn/10

Short/10

Legolas/10

Nice fashion/10

murderous/10

>latin for "the lost"
>similar to a word with perdita as the root, "perdition," meaning "damnation for one's sins"
>on top of literally corpse-toned skin and an eyepatch
youtube.com/watch?v=tYbbQpAOnFc

Annnd picked up!

>cat video

Old lady detected.

Is arc or deliverance literally the only reason to play warrior? One-shotting bosses with it is so satisfying, but other than that it's objectively the worst class

Points for effort user, she's named for Shakespeare's Perdita since the arisen is technically a lost child. Her colouring is based on fairies and changlings not corpses.

Even if I was naming her after the latin word for 'loss' I'm still not sure how that's edgy. Seems fitting to me.

Pls be gentle with her.

having a tiny beloved is bretty fun

>get ravaged by a shortstack.
hrnng

This looks hilarious but great at the same time.

Aestella is SHORTER than Selene.
And she's an adult too.

Sadly she just has this one line of dialogue.
But honestly, just for the good laught and the fact that my big barbarian arisen fell in love with a girl half his height just because he bought a big and sharp sword from her is really endearing.
The game continue to surprise me even after all those years in way I'd never guessed.

Current exploration fashion. Also have city fashion, home fashion, and gonna-get-wet fashion, but I think I've posted most of those in the last couple threads.

>[shortstack intensifies in the distance]

>tfw bad at character designers and not reading about stat growths and shit until its too late

At least you didn't play a warrior until level 50, user.

Selene is just looking at her like "seriously, Arisen?"

I'm finally at Daimon, level 110 Magick Archer. I've been having lots of trouble with my stamina ever since I started. I feel like I gotta wait a minute for my stamina to fully replenish and the only reason I'm using curatives is to get stamina back too..

Im not sure Magic Knight/Sorcerer was much better.

I gave Selene SHROOMS and the fucking Arisen Bond itself to lock her as my beloved, but apparently Aestella was n°1 in my Arisen heart.
No worries, I'll make her my waifu in NG+

qt
t

>do everything, get all the innocent affidavits, the relevant testimonies, etc
>GUILTY

CUTE
U
T
E

Yeah, romance system is a bit retarded tbqh.
The fact that there is an item that "When gifted to another, it seals his or her bond - and fate - to the Arisen" and yet it DOESN'T really guarantee that you get him/her as beloved is just dumb.

Grigori doesn't know shit about humans, the last person you speak to is not necessarily the one you care about the most, what the fuck.

It's beyond just a bit retarded because on top of what you said, you have to lock yourself out of certain quests just to prevent them from becoming a beloved.

I don't believe you, there's no way along with the eyepatch you accidentally made something that edgy while actually intending a perfectly innocent Fairy Sue.

How do you take close up screenshots like these?

Probably Cheat Engine free camera table.
It's the only way I know to do that.

You can believe whatever you want user. I mean just look at her. What an edgelord

Most basic thing is Assassin's Lyncean Sight for close up, Ranger's Comet Shot for EXTREME closeup.

Other moves can be used to cancel these moves saturate the screen with color or to bring pawns back into focus.

You have to fight with the game itself and have good timing to get a good shot, it's pretty addictive.

>not having an edgelord

Effluvium, man. I did every major "beloved" quest and got Mercedes my first play-through. You just have to go out of your way to make bitches hate you is all.

I'm not sure what I messed up trying to change leapworm models into something more innocuous, but whatever it was has caused them to just stay buried in the ground forever.

I think I can live with this result, until it causes a catastrophic error of some sort at least.

Yeah, but most people won't know to do that on their first playthrough unless they look it up.

julien-schu.tumblr.com/tagged/screenshot-tricks

Here's some stuff you can try.

I mean, I'd still fuck her senseless, I'd just probably sustain a pretty serious dick injury in the process.

On the first playthrough how can you make your Beloved who you want WITHOUT going to BBT?

I dont really want to go there before finishing maingame but reading about how the system works im worried i get someone i dont want to, hell worst case scenario i get Fournival because even he's all "sugoii Arisen-chan so kawaii uguu~" when she's around.

Just focus on the one you want and don't worry about it if you fuck up. Chances are you won't but if it happens it's usually worth a laugh.

>Chances are you won't but if it happens it's usually worth a laugh.
Yeah, i'l just take my changes. Planning to replay and eventually hard mode this shit up anyway so it's no big deal as long as i dont get Fournie-kun.

You can also lower affinity in other ways, though effluvium is the safest way to do it without going too far and making them flee. Physical damage is the big one, but supposedly unsheathing your weapon repeatedly next to an NPC will lower their affections, as will picking them up, throwing them, and bumping into them while sprinting.

A face so evil and edgy it even makes a grown Neph break down into tears.

Are there mods for HUEG tits on the PC version?

I don't remember, was Beatitude a desireable augment for a Mage?

It says it prolongs the duration of healing sigils, but does that mean they won't be able to cast them in a row as much?

aught

of use

Even though the game is on PC, it disappointingly has not that much modding capability due to the way how Capcom packs the game up. So yeah, no beautiful Skyrim bodies sadly. There's a nude mod though which is just a texture replacement.

gonna do a max possible magic attack playthrough, what should my pawn be?
i'm torn between maxing out HP fighter>warrior>fighter, def 100% fighter or doubling down with the magic attack mage>sorc>sorc

>beautiful Skyrim bodies

Y-you know what I mean.

is there a way to make the AI less retarded?

I'm fighting skeles and I do no damage, unless they give me holy weapons.

when i see them cast some shitty fire spell instead of giving me holy weapons on highest priority, its just kinda frustrating.

If you didn't mean "I'm a pathetic nerd with bad taste" then no, I'm afraid I don't.

Pretty fucking rude, you big idiot.

This is a no bully zone.

I don't mean vanilla Skyrim bodies, god no. I mean Dogma won't have mods equivalent to Skyrim's body mods like UNB or CBBE as much as I hate to say it.

I knew you meant mods. Everything I said stands.

Try it with a Utilitarian inclination, or press your "Help!" hotkey

thanks, using the help command makes them cast buffs out of combat, which is what i wanted in the first place

Make sure you hire Mages with the relevant augments, so you won't need them to re-buff so frequently.

im still relatively early in the game (catacombs) on my first playthrough so Im not sure how many people have the relevant augments at this level.

Right... it's probably hard to find Mages with maxed out vocation at that level range, and the "Pact" version of buffs comes from a BBI ring if I recall correctly.