/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 12th:
1562 – Fray Diego de Landa, acting Bishop of Yucatán, burns the sacred books of the Maya.
1789 – In response to the dismissal of the French finance minister Jacques Necker, the radical journalist Camille Desmoulins gives a speech which results in the storming of the Bastille two days later.
1943 – German and Soviet forces engage in one of the largest armored engagements of all time.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.2 - 09/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

first for meiou

Reminder to report and ignore memposting

Nicky

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>Jannies deleted the thread when AARanon went full incest fetishist/feminist with the Messalinism bullshit

GET FUCKED FRENCHABOO

you're reddit/paradoxplaza tier now, kill you're self

Did the other thread just reach the last page or did a janitor delete it?

What a time to be alive

Janny just had another autistic meltdown, zero reason for the deletion.

The day when common sense prevailed over autists and shitposters. Thank you jani.

Jannies confirmed mysoginist

Reminder that the bottom 5 states should literally be part of Mexico by now

>alaskan peninsula
>alaska is a peninsula
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT'S NOT WHAT A FUCKING PENINSULA IS

Brilliant jannies, truly well done.

Going to restart from the beginning of my posts in the 404'd thread.

Now returned from Rome and quite confident that neither the Pope nor her own vassals are watching her too closely, Bourgogne is prepared to initiate her plan. Yet for it to be a success she requires land, and cannot afford to sacrifice her own demesne at the risk of a plan which she is still not certain will even succeed. Moreover, if God is with her--for she does believe there is a God, merely that His will is not clear--and her plan is a success, she will undoubtedly need the fullness of her levies to discourage her vassals from rebelling against her.

This necessitates a holy war, and, thankfully, a target presents itself in the form of a rebellious vassal of the Seljuk Sultan, Umaya "the Cruel," a horrible man who is nevertheless well-regarded in Muslim society for being matrilineally related to the Prophet.

Bourgogne does not much care if he is related to Christ Jesus: his land is going to be hers.

>A peninsula (Latin: paeninsula from paene "almost" and insula "island") is a piece of land that is bordered by water on three sides but connected to mainland.

lad...

Holy fuck the lads behind SWMH or HIP are dedicated

Post yfw by 1942, Germany has 10 battleships

>07/12/16(Tue)15:50:42
>07/12/16(Tue)15:50:42

she better get rebelled against and her head placed upon a pike

i hate cynics, its a disgrace to Christ

Dont be silly user.
USA is Mexico now.

>tfw you will never live in Gary and date a chick from the Firelands
Why even live?

>only 10
M-Muh place in the sun

>Chinese clay
>was owned and colonized by the Portuguese before the Chinks got their hands on it

Fair enough lad but it's a lot easier to keep them contained if they're on an island, it's the best possible Chinese containment zone imo.

who would populate China then?

Didn't Willy die just a few days after Barbarossa started?

prove me wrong

In the midst of her forces' campaign against Umaya, Bourgogne receives word that her brother, Prince Aubry the Younger, has died of an illness. It was well-known that Aubry was virtually overwhelmed with his position and responsibilities, and it is perhaps not all so surprising that, in such a vulnerable state, an illness could claim him.

While Bourgogne mourns him, she mourns more for the young man that he used to be, neither so burdened by his position nor so hateful towards her rule, back in the days when their father was young. Aubry had grown into a hard man to be around, and his plotting against her--for he supported the claim of their shared uncle, Philippe, in spite of swearing to their father that he would support her reign--only made his presence all the more hard to tolerate. So she mourned him, but she mourned him quietly, and not for too long.

Nevertheless she offers his son and the inheritor of his lands, Comte Aubry, to bury his father in the royal crypt beneath Jerusalem, an offer which her nephew accepts. It is well-known that Prince Aubry, while he stayed in Salamiyah almost always, was not over-fond of his seat.

He is buried next to their father, King Baudouin VI, who is, in turn, buried beside their mother, Gudrun von Limburg.

>British Siberia

or is it Soviet Canada

>cucknada exists
DUDE

Celts and Germanics as a new United States sort of thing. Japan would have to get Manchuria though.

>HoI 4
>France holds vast colonial possessions across the world
>Including oil-rich African territories like Algeria and Gabo
>Produces ZERO oil

Can someone explain this shit to me? Hell, Africa in general produces fucking nothing except for Chromium in South Africa. Are you telling me Africa is somehow devoid of resources?

Sadly, yes.

>tfw no alternate timeline where Wilhelm III leads a successfull Unternehmen Seelöwe and reclaims Germany's place in the sun

Canada is green, lads. Britain is red.

This is more comfy looking lad

Never forget that is the only reason Africans didn't make civilizations as nice as Europeans.
t. Guns Germs and Steel by (((Jared Diamond)))

GOY4 is a meme game that doesn't try to teach the player anything, and therefore doesn't need to be accurate. Hell, I'm willing to bet that Germany starts with Tiger I's

>those borders
genocide yourself

>giving Canada anything more than the worthless state of Alaska
as an American I am triggered

At the start of the next campaign season and while Bourgogne's war with Umaya is wrapping up, the new Byzantine Basileius, Germanos Petraleiphas, declares war upon Jerusalem to bring Chypre back into the Byzantine fold. The island, which is both incredibly wealthy and strategically significant, has been a part of Jerusalem for over one hundred years, and the Basileius has become concerned--rightly--that it will begin to be considered a natural part of Jerusalem if he does not act to dispel the notion quickly.

The war is inconvenient, but not terribly frightening: Germanos, like a fool, has begun the conflict just as the war currently distracting Queen Bourgogne has ended, and without even seeing himself crowned. What he undoubtedly believed would be a great coup will instead likely turn into a decisive failure for the Basileius, whose support from his own vassalage is questionable without a crown formally adorning his head.

"It is not a great concern to me," Bourgogne writes in her diary. "This Basileius is a fool man, puffed-up and waving his cock about. I suspect we will win easily, and this will turn into nothing more than a donation by the Basileius, from his coffers to ours."

>Hell, I'm willing to bet that Germany starts with Tiger I's
Honestly, that would improve thegame at this point

Describes without memes what's wrong with those borders.

I like to imagine that that his health started spiraling out of control as soon as he read the morning paper on June 22.

Wait, what the fuck did you just say?

>Germany rolling out to avenge Nicky
Probably died of pure joy

>straight lines
EVERYTHING

>the border is a right angle
It looks terrible, kys

GOI 4 taught me that heavy tanks are unequivocally worse than medium tanks once factoring in production cost.

Is that accurate /gsg/

Germany starts with "lion" tanks, Italy starts with "il douche" tanks and Britain starts with "religious warrers"

>GOY4
>GOI 4
What is the meme here, other than "oy vey goyim"?

>>Hell, I'm willing to bet that Germany starts with Tiger I's
>Honestly, that would improve thegame at this point
Is what I said

>he doesn't know about GOY$

"lion tanks"
What? Is that a Panzer I?

>baby doesn't know what north america is

>anything other than straight lines for terrain as shitty looking as this
There's no actual reason to dislike straight line borders unconditionally other than nostalgia over old world feudalism.

what nation should i play to form india in liquor simulator 2

Germany.

No, Tigers.

The USSR starts with CCCP-43's.

Shoah yourself

While her vassals are concentrated upon the impending invasion of Basileius Germanos, Bourgogne advances her plan.

When she rose to the throne and began to intently study theology, she did not merely do so to distract the church and affirm her piety, nor did she travel to Rome merely to see the sights; as with everything, there was an ulterior motive to Bourgogne's actions.

In actuality, she was studying heresy.

"All the major religions of the world favor patriarchal systems," ran one diary entry from her time at Rome, "yet many heretical sects favor equality of power. These sects are now virtually extinct, but information on them, and a few bare adherents, still exist. That in itself is a problem--to convert an entire society there must be some basis--but it is perhaps an issue to be handled at a later date. For now, it is far more important to locate a belief system which is both internally consistent and truly equalist in nature."

She searched far and wide for such a belief, both in the Lateran archives and in intense (if veiled) discussions with the clergy in Rome, but each heresy she discovered which preached equality had some inevitable and egregious downside which made its practical implementation impossible. Bogomilism was not only almost extinct and an Orthodox heretical movement to boot (guaranteeing conflict with both the Basileia Rhomaion and Catholic powers), it was also not truly a movement of equality, only allowing for equality of rule rather than of opportunity. Catharism was a much better choice in that it preached total equality for men and women, but it was also a harsh ideology which espoused rigid asceticism and celibacy, which Bourgogne knew no peasants would ever adhere to. Then there were the Tondrakians, which--while it would be popular with the peasants, for men could take concubines--was nevertheless only a religion of equality of rule, similar to Catharism.

Then, Bourgogne stumbled upon Messalianism.

Japan

Does Germany SERIOUSLY start with tigers?!
As in, in 1936?!

I'm talking about external borders, internal borders like states can be whatever. And the one straight line between Canada and the US' border actually has a reason for it being straight (49th parallel), unlike 's retarded suggestion.

why

pic
Still not explaining what's wrong with straight lines.

They start with 3 divisions of Panzer I's

>QoJ becoming a lucifer worshipper
Jerusalem is fucked.

>people unironically build liquor factories when clothing/fabric is the better good

This better end in the kingdom just falling to pieces

>Messalianism
>Guy has Sympathy of Judaism

yes, good goy. convert to heresy and split the church!

>Still not explaining what's wrong with straight lines
Borders are supposed to follow geography. The straight line I mentioned IS based off of geography (49th parallel) unlike the retarded lines the other user drew. Even then, using that real world example, the border looks stupid. Canada should really be the 51st state so borders would be GOAT.

If you want a legitimate answer, it's a combination of factors.

First and foremost, the campaign was getting stale. There hasn't been a serious threat to Jerusalem since the beginning of King Aubry's reign, when he shut the Mongols down. With Muslims in an effective death spiral and Jerusalem surrounded by Christians of all varieties, there isn't really any danger to be had. Converting would put me on the back foot again, at least for a little while, and also keep things interesting.

But, as usual, this is also about traits. Bourgogne is exceptional, but has been passed up most of her life for being a woman. She's also cruel and envious (hates the power men wield by position alone), reckless (Brave trait), and patient. She's willing to risk it all in the name of seizing the same degree of power men hold.

We'll see what happens. Either way things will get interesting (provided Bourgogne doesn't die before we get a province conversion, because if she does the Messalian plan is going to collapse), which is most of the point with this.

>no puppet Republic of Quebec

disappointing

>49th parallel is geography
No lad it's mathematics, an imaginary line that has literally nothing to do with the terrain's actual, physical form.

While Messalianism has its uncomfortable eccentricities--the sacrosanctity of incest, for one, and its veneration of Lucifer for another; the first, at least, could be suppressed in a reorganized canon--it was nevertheless the ideal religion for conversion. Not only was it a very learned religion--indeed, its tenets provided for achieving a state of Perfection through reading the scriptures, permitted its adherents to worship patron saints in addition to God, and did not conflict with the Antiocheian school of theology--it was also a religion which the masses would be eager to follow, for, in the Messalian belief, once a being achieves a state of Perfection their acts are no longer subject to conventional morality.

Yet most important for Bourgogne was what Messalianism preached on equality, and what its adoption would mean for Jerusalem politically. In terms of equality, it was absolute, to her great satisfaction. And, politically, adopting Messalianism was also more expedient than Lollardry, Bogomilism, or Tondrakianism, for each of those were heresies which could never hope to overthrow their strong parent religion. Messalianism, properly, was a branch of Nestorianism, which was a small and weak branch of Christianity existing only in the Orient; by the mere act of conversion she could present Messalianism as the true inheritor of Nestor, and as such no more different from Catholicism than Orthodoxy is. While it would be no sure thing, Bourgogne hoped that, in the process, she might perhaps save her state from the ravages of a Crusade to bring Jerusalem back into the fold.

And even if not, there was the final matter of the Messalian faith--the Army of Lucifer. Messalian scripture dictates that all faithful must heed the call of a Messalian in need, and march under the aegis of Lucifer to their defense. If the Pope was determined to overthrow her new faith she could call up any Messalians hiding in the East to fight in her name.

>independent republic of Quebec
>not an autonomous state within the USA

it's like you don't want free movement and common defence

The traits are an understandable reason.

Though, why not just simply stop playing in the KoJ and take control of some faggot in the North? What about Livonia? Bring the Crusade to the Pagans and Germanize the lands.

as long as they keep their language in both administration, society, business and culture

>Elects a women to the Kingdom of Jerusalem
>She instantly starts working to make feminism a reality in the 14th century
fucking hell are you Swedish, AARnon?

fuck OFF reddit

bring your AAR back to whence you came

honestly I would be ok with this

One of the reasons that I, as an American, am so attracted to Europe and spend so much time there is the rich diversity of (white) languages and cultures, which definitely isn't something we really have in America. a few French speaking regions would be cool

Go back to your steangroup, steamgroup shitters.

>Satanist Feminists who worship Incest with an Alternate Morality

time to mod this shit out of my HIP install

>Though, why not just simply stop playing in the KoJ and take control of some faggot in the North? What about Livonia?
Because I started this campaign as Jerusalem and I want to finish it as Jerusalem.

Skipping around is a good tactic to keep things from becoming stale, but it's a bad tactic if you're trying to create a narrative, which is what I'm doing. I don't know anything about events in the North, and I'd be abandoning all of the narrative work and structure I've already established in Jerusalem.

No. Her traits support it, so far as supporting radical equality in the early 14th century can be supported (which, I admit, it can't really at all). But, more importantly, as I said here something needs to be done to help keep the AAR interesting. This is about the most "just fuck my shit up" thing I can do.

>tfw no official Spanish-speaking Florida with white Spanish speakers who are descendants of Imperial Spanish colonists

>tfw no official Russian-speaking California + Alaska with white Russian speakers

END IT

Honestly I don't really mind this change of pace but your AAR really took a turn down Meme Lane.

So in a great slavic holy war for Germany, I, Tsar something of Novgorod, managed to claim all of Germany. I basically gave the German king back all his titles, except he's now my vassal, and some of the baronies and churches in Germany are my direct vassals.

Was this a mistake? Or is this how it's done?

>white Russian speakers
So, like, white dudes who learned russian as a second language? Why?

Yet the matter which Bourgogne had ignored whilst in Rome now rears its head: there is not a basis from which to convert Jerusalem. There are supremely few Messalians in the world, and the few adherents are mostly concentrated in the Mongolian territories, where there are still a few pockets of Nestorian faithful.

Yet God is with Bourgogne: Maridin, the site of the great victory of King Aubry and Svietoslav the Bulgar, is on the border with Jerusalem's northern marches, and is an overwhelmingly Nestorian community. The local Bey in control of the land, a Turkmen by the name of Dogukan, has some Nestorian faithful in his court--and one Turkish Messalian, his own relative, Tutus Ertekin.

Under the guise of establishing a "governor friendly to the Muslim population of Our conquered territories," Bourgogne invites Tutus to become the "temporary" Duc de Urdunn. As he is a Turkmen from Mongol lands all of Bourgogne's vassals assume he is a Sunni, and his position as Duc, while supremely odd, will indeed be temporary as she intimates. That is as far from the truth as possible.

"Duc Tutus," she speaks slowly, unfamiliar with the Turkmen tongue as she is, and unwilling to use a translator for such a dangerous order. "I know your true faith. It is time for a rise of the faithful, but I cannot do it without a people who believe. You must convert, do you understand? I need your people to believe, so that mine might."

"Yes, Queen," he replied, head bowed. "In the name of Lucifer, I will make it so."

Are you planning on fucking Jerusalem's shit up from the inside?

Is the Messalianism shit going to be permanent? Do you have any far-off cousins that could possibly take back the KoJ from the satanic heretics?

Isn't Belarus "White Russia" a literal oxymoron?

>not creating Russian vassals

nigger what are you doing? your German vassals will have a wrong religion and wrong culture malus

it would make life more interesting on this continent.

You mean just pick random courtier from my court and grant him the titles?

Looks like Jerusalem is gonna need a good inquisition to purge this HERESY.

If you want to convert culture fast you should sort by stewardship, but yeah.

you can generate barons and then give them the counties and so forth or fire the decision that invites a steward to your court, or you can hand out the titles to people already in your court

the higher their Stewardship value the faster the provinces will be converted to their lord's culture and religion so sort by that

Not necessarily. Keep in mind that I'm still bound by RNG, and if Bourgogne dies before Tutus can achieve a county conversion I won't be able to convert to Messalianism and my heir (who is currently a male) will undoubtedly rip all of Tutus's titles away from him, or make him convert.

Bourgogne is currently 52 (I'm currently in late 1318 at the point I've played up to) and there hasn't been a county conversion yet. I checked the success rate and it's at a 2.5% chance yearly, so there's honestly a very good chance this won't work.

We're going to let RNG decide what happens.

Oh there are claimants to the Kingdom everywhere, including Princes and Princesses of France and Hungary, the King of Yemen, and the King of Hungary himself. It's absolutely possible (y'know, in addition to a giant Crusade being called down on my head) that I might need to face multiple invasions over exterior claims, or internal rebellions trying to place a Catholic claimant on the throne if I do convert.

As I said, we're going to see what RNG decides. I'm leaving what happens mostly up to how the game decides to play it, both in terms of whether I do convert and what will happen if I do.

kek

wew lad

>2.5%

Now I just want this to succeed so I can finally see the Alemarici dynasty fall apart and the KoJ given to the true heirs of Jerusalem, the Lusignans.

By the way, where are the Lusignans?