Is Veeky Forums hopeless?

Is Veeky Forums hopeless?
Why is it that when you try to give actual advice to someone you're considered more of a troll than people shouting "knee pads, buttcoins, chip warmer"?
And the other posters that actually try to help you guys develop methods to earn income get driven off because "hurrr fucking shills"...

So I want to know, is everyone in this shit hole a lost cause?
Are there any other places where I can find business minded people that aren't complete shit?

>inb4 lrn2 board culture
I've (unfortunately) been here since Veeky Forums's creation.

I gave up trying to help people because you just get asked to "prove it".

Now i just shill crypto. Just join in with that it's the only way to make money out of this board seriously.

This is the only place where you can come to share daily blog posts. Knowing someone out there is going to have to read it, or better yet reply to it.

Doesn't necessarily mean you don't have any friends, it just means you don't have someone who understands you.

Veeky Forums is just a more "upscale" version of other boards because we all have one goal that everyone else agrees with.

Money^ >

While other boards are looking for love/friends/info/fap material, we here know that nothing really matters and we should just make the best of what we can.

I look at this board as a place to spout things you would normally say in your head while talking to a friend who's also interested in Veeky Forumsness related things.

Ex: You & a Friend/Coworker

>"Hey so I have this awesome idea of an app that can blah blah blah.."

You (in your head):
>What a dumb ass idea, how the fuck does he expect to get this app going in the first place?
>He's just going to end up like the others
>Look at him with his iPhone 6s, who even needs that?
>I should tell him to quit while ahead and just focus on school/work
>or maybe he could pull it off if he knew that there's a site called Codecademy
>god I'm hungry af desu
>Mmmfff Stacy's wearing those tight jeans again, fu00king slooooOOOT

You really say:
>Wow that sounds great user! Do you know any programming languages?

You're still telling him that he should take precautions,
but you're not going into details so you won't sound like you're telling him to give up.

Now some people here can't handle the bantz and go apeshit when someone calls them out on it.
Others just come here for their daily (you)s knowing they will get a response
(trust me, even /b/ doesn't get responses when they spot a troll)

then there's the shills, some people just want money so bad they don't care who they hurt.

>I gave up trying to help people because you just get asked to "prove it".
Fuck you, roleplayer. If you want to give advice, just give the fucking advice and let people make up their own mind about its merits.

Instead, faggots like you make OUTRAGEOUS claims thinking it'll make your fake posts more believable. You just can't resist being a MASSIVE ATTENTION WHORE because you know your advice is crap and will be overlooked without coating it with GENEROUS DOSES of bullshit.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I keep getting fuckers asking me to prove how many bitcoins i have when they are offline in a paper wallet you nigger.

Stop judging people by your own stamdards. What incentive would someone have to lie about making $150k off a shitty blog or youtube videos or some small business? Its not like its even that impressive and before the OP has time to go in to detail you have some underageb& yelling PROVE IT like some monkey nigger and OP gets pissed off and leaves.

This is the exact shit that I'm sick of.
Are the anons that make step by step tutorials "massive attention whores"?
Even when they provide numerous sources as to why these methods/tutorials/info-graphics/etc. would work?
Generally that's not good enough for Veeky Forums they want your bank statement or some other shit.
Even when I provided that with my personal info redacted I'm told that it's all fake and I'm a shill because "m-muh photoshop."

Does this mean every one of these is legit? Of fucking course not.
But if they provide evidence, then what the fuck do they have to gain by lying about it?

Its no wonder a lot of the good Veeky Forums tutorial sources eventually get taken down.
It's your own fault if you're left in the dark.

This board was SOLELY created as a containment board for crypto threads that were plastered on /g/.

That's it. This board was never specifically for "Business & Finance"

I've been here since day 1 of Veeky Forums and it's all it was ever for. This board is like a bunch of teenagers sitting around during a sleepover figuring out how to get rich. It's really dumb.

>What incentive would someone have to lie about making $150k
What part of "attention whore" didn't you understand?

If your advice is so terrible that you can't make it without making ridiculous claims about your wealth, your holdings, your returns, or your methods, then just fuck off and don't post.

>Even when I provided that with my personal info redacted I'm told that it's all fake and I'm a shill because "m-muh photoshop."
Put your trip back on ihaz.

Am I supposed to "Prove" that I'm not a trip fag now?
Seriously fuck this place.

ice cream gloves

This boards alright. It has gems every once in a while that's pretty interesting. Hell, the Needy NEET's guide that was given around a while ago actually helped me move on from being a NEET to somewhat respectable. Because of it's advice and the websites it gave I was able to work online and move out on my own after some hardwork.

It's just that the majority of people here either shill pump and dump coins, are lazy assholes who don't want to work, are dumbasses who think you can turn $20 into $1mil in a year, roleplayers who brag about making money without proof, or a combination of the above.

Once in a while though, a good thread comes along. I just skim through the catalogue once every few days.

To use your friend/co-worker analogy I still contend the best way to use Veeky Forums is when you're sure of an idea and you want to see if it's airtight. The problem, or not really the "problem" but what's common is hapy-to-be-NEETs and entitled fucks post their stupid ideas that they have put no research or investigation into.

You must have it at a more refined level than when your friend says "I was thinking about this..."

Veeky Forums should be like a crash test, you've learned about the legalities, identified a potential market, now you see if it can survive in one piece. If it does, congratulations, you're on the road to $$$.

The thing is, some people actually know what their talking about. It's a tail of a bellcurve.

Like anything on the internet, you have to know how to filter the shit from the silk.

Don't take it personally. It's an anonymous board FFS.
If your advice is solid why not share it? I mean if they guy who calls you a "role player" doesn't follow your advice, who get's the last laugh?
Also there's always a silent majority, someone may be reading your post and actually investigate what you suggest and it helps them.

I've made a decent amount of money from info posted on Veeky Forums

You just have to know how to swim through the shit

It's kind of a bitch sometimes, that's for sure.
You can try to help those who are new to the markets, but solid advice often gets disregarded, as it's likely you'll be shouted down by dozens of morons claiming 2000% returns on crypto/penny stocks.

>how do i make a billion dollars in 2 weeks
>invest in [stock which is fundamentally bad] its going 2 da moon
>gamble on this shitcoin!!!@
>how do i dodge tax haha ;)

Nigger beads.

Horrible thread btw.

idea stolen thanks

any advice on a future unemployed that doesn't want to work as a wageslave anymore

Buy DGB on poloniex

when this board was first made it was mostly threads made by neets about how they were entrepreneurs and that's what the board was exclusively about, and that any serious discussions about savings or finance or really anything meaningful was for wagecucks who did not belong here

so actually this board has come a long way