/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 13th:
1793 - French revolutionary Jean Paul Marat was stabbed to death in his bath by royalist sympathizer Charlotte Corday.
1863 - The draft riots, protesting unfair conscription in the Civil War, began in New York City.
1930 - The first World Cup soccer competition began in Montevideo, Uruguay.
1943 - The Battle of Kursk, the largest tank battle in history—involving some 6,000 tanks, 2,000,000 troops, and 4,000 aircraft—ended in German defeat.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.2 - 09/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Other urls found in this thread:

dumpert.nl/mediabase/6833963/b8357713/bidsprinkhaan_heeft_verrassing.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ABSOLUTE MADMAN HE DIDN'T DO IT
R&I ON SUICIDE WATCH

Nicholas

Butthurt R&I brigade shitposting imminent

How do I win the 100 year was as ENG 1492 start Seems hard

Shut it down.

Build longbowmen up until your forcelimits and wait for the Duke of Halford event

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>ended in German defeat
wew

Dude nice meme

Okay should I sit in my ports? Or defend the channel?

peeminder to peeport and poognore pooposting

t. Cobra mad he fucked up his falseflag

Take the fight to the French, longbowmen are useless for defense. Just wait for the general and wreck the French in the shock phase.

where the FUCK can I find a download link for HIP?

Anyone else find the Ideology system in HOI4 sorely lacking in depth?

>Democratic ideology is the default "good guy" ideology where you can't invade and conquer other countries despite there not really being any reason that a democratic nation couldn't do this.
>Communism just thrown out there with democracy and facism despite the fact that communism is a socio-economic ideology, not a political ideology (for example, you could have a Democratic-Communist country or a Fascist-Communist country because Communism refers to how wealth and power are distributed within the economic system, not the political sub-structures)
>No option for capitalism, despite the inclusion of communism\
>No dual ideology system that allows stuff as I mentioned above

Shit's so basic and innaccurate, it's basically three options, 'Good guy' (Democratic), 'Bad Guy' (Fascist) or 'Russian Guy' (Communist).

Where's the fucking political nuance? Why can't I be a Collectivist-Democratic nation or a Fascist-Individualist nation?

Really annoying honestly.

Cheers lad

>Anyone else find HOI4 sorely lacking in depth?
FTFY

There he is. There he goes again
Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around? Oh my fucking god.
I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little "report and ignore" post up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha, maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass so you can post faster. I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that's right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You're a fat fucking fuck up and she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums being a wannabe janitor. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic /gsg/fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even talk try to you because all you say is "REMINDER TO REPORT AND IGNORE SHITPOSTING".
You became a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now.
And that's all you'll ever be.

>muh social democrats
go vote for hillary, bernfag

You played the game having expectations.That's your problem.

hope you've realized by now that the entire fucking game is lacking in depth

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY WILLY BE WAGGLIN, HERE'S A PIC OF RADICAL YUGOSLAVIA BY BASED COBRA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the video games section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

Vicky 2 HPM, whats the best national value for Japan?

it gets even better. metaxas in greece was a fascist who got power through a coup, admired hitler, had his followers hail him and even had formed a "fascist youth" group.

yet they put him on democratic (or non-aligned, can't remember), because the gams assumes that having the same ideology or government structure equals an alliance.

anyone?

have a pic for attention

Nice Yugoslavia!

Radical

Nah, not radical enough

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Why Parodox is turning CKII into VIKINGS Women who ruled world game?

Why is it that when I have a civil war in my country they somehow join Japan in my existing war with them (fascist civil war).

THEN I take all the territory from the fascist but somehow all of my factories and manpower follow the occupied rules.

TL;DR Why do I not control entire country again even though ive crushed the rebels (Multiplayer)

>doesn't say what country he's playing as

Reminder that realism is not a meaningful argument

HOI 4 btw

because you're playing a shitty game

I'm Australia but why does that matter?

It's just so retarded that even though ive taken my territory back it falls under "occupied"

Fucking stupid

Don't get me started on the boosting popularity system. Holy fucking shit there is no way to stop it at all.

Order or Productivity

>Austroslovakia
>Caucasus matryoshka

>100 Years War
>1492

niceme.me

This dynasty semen is cursed I swear to God. Give me sons already ffs

when do the Mongols invade? I'm playing as the Khitan nomads who live in what is Mongolia but it's the year 1127 now and I was thinking that when the Mongols come I will get wrecked.

If the Mongols invade me will they get my land or will they just make me their vassal? because if they make me their vassal, I think it'd be OK. But I don't want to lose the game yet. Should I migrate somewhere else before the Mongols come?

Anyone know how to change a country's ruling party in your game save file in hoy3? I don't want a fascist party ruling my Danubian Union.

HIP?

>knyaz

Thats not Yugoslavia.
It needs a better name.

What mod????

Rurikovichs usurped Poland.

Self-modded HPP for some mad communist roleplaying

France is gonna GET IT

no, just vanilla

>Polid
As a slav im deeply offended by that font

didnt the poles give up on Cyrilic

Yeah, we use normal alphabet, although with a couple extra letters.

Im not a pole, im a Serb mate

>normal alphabet
sure thing mr. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

>there will never be a grand strategy game set in the classical world that isn't shit

>didnt the poles give up on Cyrilic

we never give up on cyrilic because we never use her

>imblying
Best Cyrillic coming right through.
We used South German as base for grammar

you nerds will argue over anything

ugh just fuck OFF normie scum you will never understand our ways

No we won't

who you calling a nerd faggot

I still prefer normal alphabet over slav runes

How much is rightful Italian clay? Keep in mind I still have a war with the UK ahead

No we dont argue over anything, fuck you

>not taking it all

>Blobbing

>blobbing like a mad man
You disgust me.

>not reclaiming Roman Empire borders as Italy
You disgust me

Might as well take Montenegro in addition to the rest for the perfect Adriatic coast.

leave out moldavia and moldova

dumpert.nl/mediabase/6833963/b8357713/bidsprinkhaan_heeft_verrassing.html

>cant form alliances with other religions
what did johan mean by this

That islam is the only true faith.

Is winning the Oriental Crisis as Egypt in HPM hard ?

I just finished my first tutorial game with Purssia and am looking for something more challenging but not too crazy now.

I'm divorcing fuck this shit. Fuck women.

Its okay as long as you dont end up with GPs involved.
Otherwise even if you win it GP will force you to give your stuff back to Ottomans.

No not really, if you get great powers to support you. If Russia joins on Ottomans' side you're fucked though, so might have to save scum a bit.

This should be just about right. Any colonies I'm missing for resources?

Took all the adriatic and making Serbia a satellite. Will puppet France next turn.

Take southern France ffs. How are you going to recreate the Roman Empire?

Did you anger a local witch or something?

Seems like you've been cursed to never have a son to be your heir.

That's the most gsg way to call someone a permavirgin

Go for the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter

Not blobbing, sorry. Reddit has done it a thousand times go see it there

Is it weird that I find CKII to be one of the harder games?

It just feels like a lot of waiting and relying on random chance with a pace that makes playing max speed still feel sluggish.

>expanding your tiny nation by a small amount is blobbing
>implying there is anything wrong with blobbing

How is it attempting to play EUIV as Native Americans or an African nation? How does it compare to a more traditional nation choice?

How does Leventine culture spawn in CK2 HIP?

I've been a Francique ruler of Mashriq provinces for about 100 years and there's not been any culture melding events yet.

Or is it only available in the character creator?

Raise relations with russia(over 100) and france and let otto occupy desert areas. When attrition wears them down just roll them.

>HoI4
>Not blobbing
lad...

Is it possible to conquer the whole world in HOI4?

Like, as in literally take over the entire fucking planet with your one single country, not as part of some faggy alliance?

yes

It's like watching paint dry
Until europeans start bordering you
Then it's 5 mins of fun struggling and game over.

I think Aztecs are not that bad

boring as fuck

>Injuns
Spend fucking FOREVER as either a OPM nomading around via the tribal migration mechanic or blob up and gobble up the entirety of North America. Or fuck around mindlessly with the Aztecs. For fucking EVER.

Until Euro's arrive, at which point you get your shit pushed in.

Africa is a little better as you can fuck around with more tribes and maybe get a better tech group from Muzzies or Indians.

Either way, both are really fucking boring as there's not a whole lot to do. Everything moves so fucking slowly.