/evog/ evolve general

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Discord
discord.gg/gRnYmTz

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cSk_hxWymAw
youtube.com/watch?v=PN5YntoTFKw
youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo
youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo
youtube.com/watch?v=tO91c8vbT7A
youtube.com/watch?v=mVh6P9zMZbU
steamcharts.com/app/273350
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=cSk_hxWymAw

That doesn't look like Val.

Anyone awake and want to play?

How do I win as the monster ever? I'm like 1/8 with Goliath and have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. The only time I won it was because I managed to get to stage 2 and hit with most my skill shots in the final fight.

In the opening 30 seconds am I just supposed to put as much distance between myself and the hunter spawn as possible while ignoring wildlife?

>In the opening 30 seconds am I just supposed to put as much distance between myself and the hunter spawn as possible

Yes, but don't ignore wildlife. Run to the edges of the map and literally run circles around the whole map, eating along the way with all your perks as movement speed perks and keep fucking running until you're fit to take the fight to them.

Stage 2 favors hunters immensely, global scanner needs a nerf.

this game isn't very fun.. I feel bad for people who bought it. I'd rather play l4d tbqhf

what do you people like about this? I've only played 3 matches and they've all been pretty boring and hunter-sided.

Rank up and fight big boy monsters with full perks and it gets challenging

>Not playing Wraith correctly and being a sneaky annoying cunt and getting to level 3 before they see you once

The Planet Scanner is the best thing they've ever done to this game. The hunters trick themselves for you. It's like having a 5th skill as the monster.

Its fun for me.

GOBI

Wait so what's the point in lazarus if you give strikes upon glove revival?

I'm like 20 something games in and the experience has been very mixed. Monster wins are satisfying as fuck and often times the monster just gets fucking curbstomped. Monster can get found once then he's traced for the rest of the game and has Val on his ass tranqing him until he dies. If the monster player gets to stage 2 the round is alright

On the opening you want to advance quickly while eating whatever is on your path

They'll most likely planet scan you, you can either ignore it and keep eating or try to use it at your advantage and lure them by advancing on one direction while it's still active and doing a quick, sneaky turnaround

Dont be afraid to get domed, actually you should look forward to it and prepare a place where you want to be domed, as goliath that would be a cave, someplace with a neutral boss monster or a pool of acid

When the dome land go ham on them, they will most likely be scattered, disorganized and out of jetpack, you can very often snatch and easy kill in the first 10s of a dome and snowball if they're not careful (It only take one retard)

You usually want to focus medic or support but look for opportunities, if they are all clumped up just AOE the fuck out of them, if one of them is far from the group push him away from his teammate and/or pounce him (ctrl+LMB)

just because your pansy ass can't sneak to stage 3 without a single fight doesn't mean it "favors hunters immensely". it means you have to learn how to fight at early stages and when to leave the fight. get a couple strikes in the early stages without losing too much health, kill them in either stage 2 or 3 depending on how aggressive they are

Lazarus best VA

This

You only give strike if the body is dead
if they're just downed, they're fine

>teaching monsters to dome on their terms instead of the hunters'
please don't teach them this, i like my free wins as hunter

Just because your pansy ass can't take down a stage 3 doesn't mean the monster should be tracked for almost the whole match.

First for SIT OUTSIDE DOME AS EMET, THROW BUOYS DOWN AGAINST IT, AND HEAL BURST SPAM YOUR TEAM

>Dont be afraid to get domed, actually you should look forward to it and prepare a place where you want to be domed, as goliath that would be a cave, someplace with a neutral boss monster or a pool of acid

Should I be willing to do this at stage 1?

>that huge acid lake behind where you start on orbital drill

I almost feel sorry for the hunters when I get them to dome me there.

So as a Hunter, what happens if I dump all perks into regeneration?

Will it be like having a constant medic on me when out of combat or is the regen irrelevant in a battle?

Yup

I'd be inclined to say especially level 1 because you're at your weakest and need it the most

I like to do it every game, I usually down 1 or 2 hunter and it give me some food to evolve right after

Or that game 5min ago where the place was so good they refused to come at me so I just evolved inside the dome

I imagine it's best for roles that don't get focused too much-- trapper and assault.

I think it only kicks in after some seconds without taking damage
so its kind of ok as assault, when you can shield your health with your skill

>tracked for almost the whole match.
7s duration with a 30s cooldown. 18% uptime. that is not "almost the whole match".

Val or Rogue Val? the other medics seem sort of eh

Is the Wraith still OP?

Noob with 5500 cr:
Name the character that i should buy with this money for every role (note: if i should keep more for a better character, name it instead).

>Assalt:

>Support:

>Medic:

>Trapper (idk how is in english):

>Monster:

THANKS.

Yes

Shut the fuck up.

I took the tier 1 regen perk as Parnell and it outheals the degen zerking does.

Caira is god tier, either Val is okay.

>Blitz Markov
>Anything but Kala
>Caira or a Val
>Anything but normal Maggie
>Anything but Goliath

Is there anything better than standing on a cliff with a rock in your arms waiting for the hunters to blow their fuel getting to you and then nailing all 4 with it?

Bucket and Hyde are a login reward to that's your Support/Assault
Medic I'd say Caira
Trapper Griffin or abe

Thanks

!Wow! you are so edgy and alpha!
Thanks for the you anyway

None of the wikis are updated and the game doesn't say it.

What exactly does planet scan do?

It feels like it makes us run faster or something? Am I missing something on the minimap?

What's a good Perk build for Blitz Markov?

Also for Wraith

>Cant level up accounts
FUCK I AM LEVEL 19 IM SO CLOSE TO COMPETITIVE

You can still pretty much spam it though, you can get the cooldown timer to 17 seconds. That's a big portion of the match where the monster basically just has to run or fight. It simplifies the game.

The hunters already had abilities where they could reliably track the monster throughout the match and I'm not just talking about daisy and monster tracks, smart hunters could basically predict where I would be jumping and hit me with tracking darts the whole game, spread out and kill wildlife to starve me, plant trackers in animals, bucket had his drone head ability. The global tracker is just unnecessary if hunters use their other tracking abilities effectively. It's just a dumb "show me the monster" button, it's fucking brain-dead.

Ok it seems that caira have the consensus.

>Val
>good
>Medic
>Val
>Val
>medic
>good
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
welcome to shitterville ladies and gents
please enjoy your terrible advice and heeding the words of retards and regretting your purchases

5% damage

Capacity

Capacity

Trapper runs like 25% faster
Marks general direction of monster on compass for 7 seconds

Look at your compass, theres a big red marker showing you the direction of the monster, also sprint the trapper in the process

>says thanks for the you
>by giving the guy a you
You guys are both retarded.

It's not that accounts can't level up, but they adjusted xp required for each level so leveling up to 20 takes longer because it was too fast before.

What is the reward for day 18? Is that actually Kraken or just a skin?

what are you talking about

That's the actual kraken

No dude, the exp literally doesnt move at all in the 8 matches i have played
This shit cant be normal

skins are not a "next major reward"

What? Who gives a shit?

Get ready for a swarm of Kraken players, buddy.

They increased xp requirements so with your xp you're actually like rank 16 now. You need some matches to get to the new rank 19 threshold and then the bar will start moving again.

>Get ready for a swarm of Kraken players, buddy.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kraken was the free rotation monster around that time anyway

They wouldn't do that would they? Then again, the first monster rotation was just a reskinned Goliath, the fearsome Blue Goliath.

I actually like meteor. Makes him stand out like a mother fucker with those blue flares.

Im a generous guy!
Thanks you!

Well fuck that makes sense, it should be more obvious though

Blue is meh, he feels too similar. Wish he had at least one different ability beyond the fire thing, however I do like how his fires stop shooting out his back when he goes sneak mode.

Post soundtracks you hunt to

youtube.com/watch?v=PN5YntoTFKw

same here

When it's a Wraith: youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

>jack is shit
git gud

next time i fight meteor goliath, i'll throw this on. Cheers.

I actually have an MJ playlist for evolve
youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo
Felt it a good enough excuse

>When you play Blitz Markov

youtube.com/watch?v=tO91c8vbT7A

>Evolve general
>62 posts
Are some people actually playing this a little bit. I would be okay with jumping back into this.

youtube.com/watch?v=mVh6P9zMZbU
This for when im really into it

>Are some people actually playing this a little bit
See for yourself
steamcharts.com/app/273350

People still pick shitty characters and just don't get any better even at level 25~

They're still randomly jumping into the monster for no reason and wasting all of their boost and not healing as medic and not shielding as support

The community might kill this game for me. I don't expect much, but I expect basic levels of gameplay after some one has 50+ matches of experience. You know the fucking monster is going to kill your bitch medic self for boosting 3 times right next to it by now

heck yeah im getting into it,

It just got rereleased as f2p, it has a HUGE (shitty) playerbase

>Evolve has more live players than Gmod, Civ 5, and Warframe
Impressive

You need to relax and play with your friends bro, who do you play as?
Assault?
You sound like an Assault to me.

>they nerfed all the monsters

whats the deal with the purple skins?

I think they just wanted to give us skins to buy with grindpoints while they prepare the real smooth skins that will sell for real money

makes sense because i saw abe had maneater and it just looked unfitting

Man, Abe can carry a team so hard with tracking darts. I just had a game with 384 seconds of active tracking darts.

It's not that bad even tho I dont think balance needed it

Now the real mindfuck was the behemoth nerf
Just why

Enjoying the game so far, just frustrated at dealing with silly teammates.

Playing any role will typically result in at least one other player dropping the ball on theirs. Assaults not dealing damage, Supports not shielding/buffing, Medics not healing, and Trappers not debuffing or controlling the monster.

True horror.

Truly the real monster was man.

>It's not that bad
I don't know, maybe I was just lucky but today I lost all my monster games (even tho I was only playing Bob because I bought Evolve today and wanted to try it) and won almost every game as a hunter
>behemoth nerf
Huehue we haven't reworked him yet stop playing him!

My experience in Ranked has been way more positive than terrible pubs. It might have been a fluke though.

well for most of us its new and free
what matters are the numbers in 2 weeks

It'll be back to 200ish, like it used to.

>be noob
>lose against monster all the time
>complain and want a nerf
>some time passes
>learn to take down monster as a team more often than not
>lose as monster more often than not vs hunter above lvl20
>TR nerfing monster

>Legitimately like the idea of playing a lovecraftian horror
>Find monster caster gameplay more fun than brawlers
>Shitters will still cry "OP" and call you a nofun tryhard for picking Kraken

Such is the like of a Kraken player.

I don't care if TRS nerfs him to be on the weaker side, I just want people to stop bitching about my tentacle boy.

Yep, that's how it goes.

totally true. Probably the devs are shitters themselves

What's everyones opinion on Cabot and what's the best perk loadout for him? Played him against a stage 1 wraith just now and his rail gun and double damage beam seem OP af, burned the wraith down just as the dome fell.

I like Cabot as a character, but he get terrible outclassed
its nice when you can deal tons of dmg, but its not your job

Cabot+Blitz Markov is nuts. His cloud+rail are amazing counters against Wraiths/Goliaths who like to traversal from one end of the dome to the other for armor regen.

He's pretty solid overall but requires your healer to be more careful as he won't have Hank shield/Sunny beam to help him survive. He punishes the usual monster strat of "tunnel the healer" pretty hard if the assault has any idea of what he's doing.

I just killed 3/4ths of a team and then was chasin this nigga down and all his boyz came back. What is that shit

Why do domes sometimes go down so quickly?

Gravity

Is it normal dealing this damage as Trapper?
I had the impression Assault was underperforming so I had to focus on damage too.

Also, what's wrong with all the retards deploying domes when there are only 1 or 2 hunters alive? What do think is gonna happen if they trap themselves with the monster?