/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
youtube.com/watch?v=xrIdDh7_TBw

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0Q3odRKeaw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Tharn

new thread smell

xth for /v/ culture

Why do /v/ and ES "fans" shit on this game so much?
In early game and loving it more than the past mmos I've tried recently. It doesn't feel generic and paper-thin.

because release eso wasn't that great
but everyone just wants to hop onto the nerd rage train and agree with angry joe's 2-year old, inexperienced opinion

because that's what /v/ does and because ES fans doesn't equal MMO fans

if you like MMOs and TES, chances are you'll like this, but if you only like TES, then it will seem like shit

Khajiits

the quests in this fucking game...

loving it

I can never keep invested in an MMO. Everything has just seemed so... similar to the last. I enjoyed RO years back, but I didn't want to go back to that again.
Black desert, Wildstar, tree of savior; they all seem to be living on the fumes and tropes of past games.
We need more of what TESO is doing, more innovation, more original ideas, more great PVP. It's a shame it gets such a bad rap.

How should vampires RP to be as close to the lore as possible?

Like a dickish, immortal aristocrat.

hide in caves and try to enslave anyone who enters

>/v/ is /v/
>skyrim babies
>angry joe fans

I just completed that treasure hunting quest on Stros M'kai. That was pretty fun, even if it was a bit easy.

Originally it lacked a lot of what people expected. A lot of people felt it was more like an mmorpg with an Elder Scrolls skin on top of it. The changes they've made makes it feel more and more like an Elder Scrolls game with mmorpg aspects attached to it.

During the early alpha there was no 1st person view and you couldn't enter water. During the release you couldn't steal things while sword, staffs and other things you found around in the open world couldn't be picked up. No content in the game was scaled. Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood was nowhere to be found.

It have came a long way since release. And with One Tamriel they'll be making it into what it desu should have been at release. I'm glad it will be released and I'm glad that TG and DK have been released, not because I enjoyed the content (something I did) but because the shit people expect out of an Elder Scrolls game are finally done and they can focus on improving aspects not in light of being an Elder Scrolls game but being an mmorpg.

I hope they release western Skyrim and the Colovian Highlands next year. That would mean that you can walk from Daggerfall to Shadowfen to Grathwood.

It really wasn't that bad at launch. It got a lot of unjustified bad press for things that are actually really good like the lore, the targeting system and the combat in general.
It attracted a lot of Skyrim adventurers and they had problems because the pve combat was a lot more difficult than in the single player games. ZOS has since nerfed the quest bossfights, cleaned up some of the grinder quests and made exploring in general a bit less grindy. Overall a significant positive, but I do miss the bossfights now that I'm a little more adept as a player.

The first time I did that quest, I knew immediately where the treasure was, because I remembered seeing that "stone ship" before, when I was exploring and even thinking to myself "this kind of looks like a ship". Went there, and couldn't do shit, because the game still made me jump through all the hoops before making me go back there again anyway. Bullshit.

Good explanation, have a
>(you)

>I hope they release western Skyrim and the Colovian Highlands next year. That would mean that you can walk from Daggerfall to Shadowfen to Grathwood.
This so tusking much, I also hope ZOS would add silt striders, more boats and carriages for RP&immersion purposes.

First veteran dungeon was a pain in the dick.

I was healer and was taking mad damage, on top of the Engine Guardian fucking me.

Darkshade is the hardest of the vanilla vet dungeons (the non-vanilla being WGT, ICP, CoH, and CoA), so not bad, user.

How was Engine Guardian fucking you? It literally walk around in a circle, sorry that was harsh, I'm just salty from that one time I had 2 shit deeeps in there.

How2Socialize?
I don't know if it's just the early game, but people don't seem to respond when interacted with and just go on their way.
I'm really hoping it's not dead like this later on.

>ur a salty edgelord i can tank just fine with a 2h
>pulls huge mob in wayrest sewers, everything immediately runs to one-shot healer
gg no re

How do I keep LUI's frames from popping in when I'm using stamina out of combat (like sprinting)? The 0% opacity for out of combat only works when my stats are 100%.

Damagedealers not taking out adds and people not avoiding the fireballs will have you work extra hard as a healer, meaning you very well could end up having not enough mana to survive the gassing (assuming you go for gold) because you're babysitting Delta Force Brainless. Or even better, the rest of the group running around in fucking circles around the boss not understanding you have to be within a certain range to heal them.

There's absolutely no reason for the rest of the group to not stay glued to the healer's buttcheeks during the fight with Engine Guardian.

Leveling as a Stam DK but what do folks find the most comfy for solo leveling? 2handers/DW? Do people use offhands when leveling and what's a good fit?

Build shit I look at is telling me to slot stuff like fighters guild or werewolves or whatever.

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast

Gives the generics, not useful suggestions for paths. I understand how the mechanics of things work but when looking up build guides they're generally assuming I have skills I don't or won't have for ages.

>invade an island and slaughter their inhabitants
>get butthurt as fuck when they fight back
Fucking Orc apologizers, I swear to Shor.

Couldn't agree more, the justification for why the orcs killed and took over the island was "it's a good island and we can take it". Muh honorary code my ass.

I usually go to Wrothgar and hunt ogres. Pretty comfy. Doesn't matter which weapon you use, unless you're leveling weapon skills.

You don't need to worry about having a tuned build until end-game. Just mess around with whatever sounds fun as you're leveling. Respeccing is cheap and easy, and there are a ton of skill points available throughout the game (over 300 total I think). If it really matters to you, I think most stam DK DPS in PvE are usually dw/bow.

Maybe they're outdated but the guide shit I've been looking at is showing 2h/staff, is that more of an end game thing? I assume folks just grind xp at end game to get all their skills to max for easy swapping.

>not all Orcs
You cannot fool me, spawn of Malacath.

@Giamoney needs an invite to guild, left on accident trying to leave my group like a retard.

I don't know what stam character would use a staff, but I haven't been playing this game long either. Staves are usually magicka builds though. Make sure the builds you're looking at are from the last couple months.

Angry José's "review" gave me the impression that he never played an MMO before.

Oh that's what happened. Gimme a sec.

Just wondering, my dps drops down when fighting engine guardian to around 10k. Is that normal or should I figure something out?

What area is lacking when it comes to Player to player service? Things like blacksmithing, although everyone and their grandmother train that.

Not much outside of crafting experience potions and having all 9 traits researched.

still very low but justifiable
the engine moves far too much for ground dots to be useful and you gotta split your focus onto adds. my 32k+ dps turns into 20k on the engine.

Well now. This is a tough choice. Amazing how much better Daggerfall Covenant quests are compared to the others, at least early game.

Other than crafted set items no service is "rare", you can get all crafting skills to 50 in like under 4 hours. Nobody sell or really ask randoms to craft items especially 9 trait items because anyone worth that salt wanting something like that will already be in a guild that has a maxed out crafter who does that shit for free, also xp pots give you like 200g a pot on EU PC. If you're looking to make money through players go farm raw mats, refine them and hope rng give you tempers to sell.

>tfw just watched the cinematic supercut for the first time
That Breton didn't deserve his fate. ;_;7

I don't know what's funniest, the salt or Wrobel's shitty balance
youtube.com/watch?v=A0Q3odRKeaw

EP and Daggerfall Cov are pretty high in terms of quest feel. AD had some pretty forests at least.

AD feels good if you want to learn about the races living in it, unfortunately, the way it's presented makes everyone look incredibly stupid and like the Dominion's individual races have managed to beat out the noble houses of Morrowind in backstabbing and intrigue.

Really, if it weren't for the fact that Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajiit were too small to take on the rest of Tamriel on their own (or even some of the bigger provinces), I'd say they should just go their separate ways or join up with some other alliance.

Cheeky cunts.

Its honestly why I don't understand why the Khajiit are a part of AD.

Same reason they're part of the Aldmeri Dominion in Skyrim, sort of. The Dominion was there in a time of need. The flue during ESO and the vanishing of the moons during Oblivion.

I assume in Skyrim, it's also a matter of the Khajiit likely being aware the Altmer had tricked them but by this point, the Altmer have sunk their fangs bone deep into Elsweyr and probably have an "instant xenocide" curse over the whole race or some bullshit.

Besides the Knahaten flu events, they are also geographically closest to them, sharing a border with Valenwood. If they don't side with someone in the alliance war they are likely to be ganged up on by all three, and the next closest alliance is probably doubling down on the enslavement of their people after losing their primary source of slave labour.

In several areas you can encounter Breton and Khajiit slaves. And in the Stormheaven I think there's a series of quests about dunmer slavers.

As much as I love the khajiit, I can't help but think "boo fucking hoo. Just pack up your people can move into DC lands. Divines know orcs sure as hell didn't have much of a country until Orsinium was refounded."

Besides, khajiit are supposed to be nomadic and willing to travel.

fucking pagans

The Anequinian tribes are said to be the more nomadic ones, the prime example being Khajiiti caravans.

Khajiit still care for their home land, before and after the alliance war they fight with Bosmer and Nibenese over it, so if they have to choose some side they might as well choose the one that doesn't mean their entire race has to move across Tamriel.

>it's impossible to make a Kahjiit looking this cool
Such a shame. Cat people are usually pretty awesome.

What's the deal with all of these damn DK fire abilities turning into poison damage if I take the stamina morph? Kind of feeling like my dunmer passives aren't being used to their potential here.

Don't worry about it too much user. Generally only magicka based shit deals elemental damage, physical stuff (and thus, Stamina stuff) tends to deal either Physical, Disease or Poison.

If it helps I think the fire breath stays fire when stam morphed though. But you racial bonuses to fire damage aren't super important desu. You'll deal fine damage regardless, especially since DK gets a passive that buffs both fire and poison DoTs.

It's a damn shame. You can make some nice Khajiit, but nothing like that tiger thief. I reckon it's because of the way we only get one face to modify, so you can't really get anything as sharp and distinct as that.

Also that picture has some great reaction image material.

First for Redguard best race in every TES game.

>the day you finally realize that Redguards are not Tamriel's niggers
>have a unique and distinct culture, an empire, regarded as the world's finest warriors
>sword singers, etc.
>find out that Tamriel's niggers are really orcs and argonians

Quick question to you lore nuts, is this description faithful to the fluff? I need some background info for my Redguard RP. He got the burn marks from using a lightning spell that got out of control when he defended his home town located on the isle of Herne from raiders (or whatever equivalent there could be in Hammerfell). Despite that he still worships Tava, which he believes trusted him with the power of air to wander Tamriel and aid people just like back home.

Is this shit too specific? The last time I roleplayed was in TSW which is vastly different of course.

They're more like really dope Persians than niggers. Persians were rad as fuck and not negroid for the most part.

Give the DC any other race than fucking Orcs and they would be the best faction by a long shot.

>Holy Trinity of TES
Redguard
Dunmer
Breton

>High Tier
Altmer
Imperial

>Mid Tier
Khajit

>Low Tier
Bosmer
Argonian

>Shit Tier
Orsimer
Nord

They morph to poison because poison/disease/physical damage is boosted by one line in the champ point system and magic/fire/frost/shock is boosted by another line. Also phys resist affects the former and spell resist affects the latter.

Dunmers make the best magicka DKs, but they aren't the greatest stam race because they only have their stam passive to help them out.

Ah never got to the champion point system yet. Do most dunmer DKs go staff/magicka then?

What's it like in TSW? Your character history seems fine.

I'd say the Altmer/Thalmor are more like Imperial Japanese than anything, annexing Valenwood and Elsweyr thinking the Bosmer and Khajiit are inferior and need to be reeducated with the culture of the Altmer, like the Japanese thought they were uplifting the Chinese and Koreans.

> find out that Tamriel's niggers are really orcs
I couldn't agree more
> and argonians
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little shell-shit? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Dark Brotherhood, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids in both DC, AD and Telvanni territory, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in H.I.S.T warfare and I’m the top stealth archer in the entire ebonheart pact armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on Mundus, mark my fucking words as I raise the spine of Fuck You. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me trough messages for my eyes only? Think again, you thin-shelled fool. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Shadowscales across Black Marshes and your anuic being is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Sithis, earth-worm. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, crabfucker. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare claws. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed underwater combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Dark Brotherhood and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Tamriel, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue and keep moist. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, dryskin.

Well TSW is kinda set in the real world so the whole approach is completely different.

Ancient chinese literally thought they were above all other humans on the planet.

Yes, although, magicka DK isn't a really good choice for DPS anymore. It can be decent for tanking though, since a lot of your survival skills have no stam morphs and self heals are usually also magicka.

Argonians are literally "we wuz kangs", building pyramids (at least claiming to) in the distant past while in the present they live in Mud huts and having made anything worthwhile culturally. They make great slaves that's about it.

Orcs are even slightly better as we know for sure at one time they had some sort of Empire, and they can still craft good shit.

Orcs are like east Africans, having some sort of cultural history but they still chimp out and act like animals instead of people, and Argonians are like West Africans, who haven't accomplished shit in all of human history and their best use is as slaves.

so did Feudal and Imperial Japanese.

basically the Dynastic Chinese thought they were on a plane between heaven and earth, and in that same sense Japanese thought they were Heaven.

> Shitting on mudhuts
m8 once you play Shadow of the Hist you're gonna regret that

Did anyone sacrifice a companion that WASN'T the Prophet? I mean, he's the logical choice.

Really? Nothing has changed about magicka DK dps, they still poop it out. Unless you're going to spend a gorillion years farming maelstrom weapons with perfect traits a magicka dk will shit on a stamina dks dps any day of the week.

>some people unironically call Redguards niggers.

Your other choice is the main couple who literally have no reason to be sacrificed, why would you pick them unless you hate Kevin Michael Richardson?

I did on my other two alts to see what would happen. Logically I don't see why you wouldn't sacrifice the oldest guy who kind of started this all in the first place and probably isn't going to live much longer anyway. Pretty cold, but yeah.

You have to kill Dumbledore, it's required.

What comfy things do you listen to when grinding/questing?

Meanwhile I still haven't decided how to play my character's backstory despite thinking about it for the past year.

The ingame music ._.

It's been seeming to me that the ingame tracks, while great, don't seem to match up correctly and sometimes just stop for a pretty long time.

Nothing aside from what music plays normally, typically, if I'm doing stuff that's new to me. I don't want to miss dialog or the like because I've got music or a podcast going.

Podcasts. I'm currently working through my backlog of Faculty of Horror. I'm a horror/movie buff so i have a shitload of horror movie podcasts to catch up on qq

Muh

I'm looking forward to that one, though also reserving judgement until I can see what it looks like without the hood.

>finally got caltrops

Does anyone know the respawn time on lockboxes?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ZENIMAX

Share comfy cityscape screenshots guys

I know pic related is not a screenshot, I'm not an orc.

Not really a cityscape, but, the view from the top of the Soulshriven tower in Stormhaven overlooking Ferengel's landing was beautiful to me.

Both in-character and out-of-character, I wanted to build a house on that hill. And burrow into the cliff into the delve below to make a medieval man-cave.

saddest part is: they could have justified it easily by just saying Tiber Septim's CHI(L)M-mate change altered both present and past.

Doesn't seem too out there for CHIM.

I still don't understand how CHIM's supposed to work. You achieve it by feeling an all encompassing love for everything, but both Vivex and Talos did some pretty awful and hypocritical things in lore even after they achieved CHIM. What gives?

There's another book in the game where the author theorizes that White Gold Tower had a hand in the "Cyrodiil was a jungle maybe?" thing, that it adapted the land around it to better suit it's masters. When the Ayleids ruled this meant a lush jungle - and when Man took control, the jungle slowly receeded, gradually changing to a temperate forest.

The trouble with Argonians is that they have not had much in way of lore to really flesh them out.
Okay, they got super evolved by licking trees which may or may not have an emergency hive-mind switch for them but that's about it because pretty much nobody else can survive in Black Marsh without chugging potions all day to hold back all the diseases and such so there's never been a good lore reason for a truely in-depth look at their society. Couple that with the most prominent appearances being Morrowind and Oblivion where they are an oppressed ex-slave class and generally well assimilated respectively we never really get a good look at what Argonian culture or society is in either of those.

Aside from that we have The Argonian Account (and the presentation of that suggests it might be a fiction) which pretty much only tells us they tend to build huts rather than houses because everything keeps sinking back into the swamps before long and solid ground is too rare to waste for building on.
Oh and they have a public transport system that puts Morrowind's Silt Striders to shame in most regards