/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 13th:
1260 – The Livonian Order suffers its greatest defeat in the 13th century in the Battle of Durbe against the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
1863 – New York City draft riots: In New York City, opponents of conscription begin three days of rioting which will be later regarded as the worst in United States history.
1878 – Treaty of Berlin: The European powers redraw the map of the Balkans. Serbia, Montenegro and Romania become completely independent of the Ottoman Empire.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76 (embed)

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54 (embed)

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.2 - 09/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk (embed)

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr (embed)

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV (embed)

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/3gedq16k94jrs33/provinces.bmp?dl=0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701720801
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699686998
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

What was that about?

WEW

Why are all of these generals getting deleted?

WTF happened?

2nd for Generalplan Ost

good shit

Proper non shitposter thread

mods=fags

>deleting threads with 157 posts
fucking why

This is what happens when too many people ask HPM to let France have Wallonian as accepted, he gets so mad he obliterates the thread.

fuck off janny, we had a thread

Friendly reminder that you can conquer the UK by early 1938 almost GUARANTEED in HoI4.

To the guy who was testing map changes, I feel like it's probably jutting too far into france, I'm not sure the extent of Flemish people in France at the start of the game but pic attached is the current dutch speaking area.

To the guy who was taking about someone modding the Meuse provinces, do you have a link maybe?

just janny/r&i autist being retarted

Reminder that shitposters are trying to kick out one of the most popular games from the OP. Whoever makes the new thread remember to use the correct OP. Thank you

Thank you based janny

finished blowing USA and russia the fuck out lads

No one is trying to kick out DH autist, you can post it here and no one will tell you to go somewhere else.

Need a religion for Egypt? Why not Nestorianism?

Friendly reminder that you can conquer the UK by early 1937 almost GUARANTEED in HoI4.

>Kimberley

>R&I calling other people autists

The OP is for newcomers

Who?

Actually you're right. I just suck.

that's a historically japanese colony buddy

wew who will it be?

hello lads coulsd anybody upload victoria 2 hearts of darkness meme expansion for mac torrent 2016 (illegal) somewhere than kyou

Yeah, and you can conquer France in a day if you just paradrop or navally invade into their cities with the most points.

I hear a certain B. Garrison is rumoured to be a favourite

Maybe it will be video games

wew

willy :^)

>tfw Janny sperged out last thread, randomly deleting posts about German and Dutch culture, before giving up and just deleting the entire thread

Fuck off pedophile

>soviet """union"""

Ssorry it took so long to find, the arxhive can be hard to navigate.

Also, can you move the Zeeland state provinces up a tiny bit? Currently they only reach the Meuse, NOT the Rhine.

>he didnt delete the HPM post
Hmmmmmmmm...

Union of Tartars, Sibirs, Russians and Urgo-Finnics, lad.

Is there some hidden modifier to get a CK2 religion head to declare a crusade?
I'm still trying to get the Messalians to have crusades, and I've set three kingdoms to have 5k crusade weight each for Messalian. I've enabled Messalian as a crusader religion, and I've created the Patriarch. But he won't declare a crusade. Both the Catholics and Sunnis have launched great holy wars within 1 year of the wars activating.

One month into the Balkan War.
12 enemy divisions were captured by the Greek in Macedonia.
This military action saw great praise from the German Fuhrer.
"The Greek have always been strong people, reclaiming Macedonia is only their birthright."
France has long suggested a revival of the 'Petite Entente', but following the concession of the Rheinland to German military Daladier has been thoroughly criticized for weak foreign policy.
Czechoslovakia has not issued a statement.
General Markos Drakos was awarded the Cross of Valor. Greek party leader Kosmidis encouraged the people with a speech in Thessaloniki yesterday afternoon.
"The war is not over, but the bravery of our people in Macedonia has to be celebrated."

I'm the guy who made the map changes. I think I deleted the Meuse map changes a long time ago so thanks for pulling those up. I also still have the Anatolian map changes that HPM said he would eventually implement.

>Union of Russians, Russians, Russians, and Russians
okay

>not Liquoria
it's shit

I don't know why I'm making this, but I know I'm making it.

Nevermind, I found where I put them.

mfw R&I really is the janny and it's not just a meme

>brittany
Is that a fucking Nantes city state you bsolute cunt

Fuck off steamgroup.

I still say you should add a sliver of land from Rhodes to Adana so you can extend across the cpastline to Palestine, it would be epic.

Can someone make it so the Syrian states are divided into the coaat and the inland, rather than the north and the south? I want a papal crudader game.

Yes, and it's a bishopric IIRC. I don't know how far I should take this thing and whether I should use the EU3 start date (1400.1.2) or the regular EU4 start date (1444.11.1?)

Furthermore, I need to make it work with the current version of EU4, but I started working on it with a pretty old version now.

I don't think it was meant to be a meme. He always deletes threads where he doesn't get to post R&I. He also creates threads about 25 posts early, makes his shitpost, then links to his shitposted thread.

Butthurt R&I is going to start shilling out on people calling him out

What in the selected area should be a German colony

>Why not Nestorianism?
Nestorian is for Christian Mongolia, Iran, India, or China
Egypt is Coptic friendo

Nothing

>fuck the guy stopping shitposts
You're really subtle, Turdlayer.

always remember to report and ignore shitposting.

Arabia.

All of it

Also why do you fucks always split up France and Germany but never England?
Where's Northumbria? Cornwall?

And Nantes should be the part of Brittany desu
If you want to make a theocratic city state put it in Avignon though the map resolution probably isn't enough to differentiate it from marseille

Persia

>he actually believes this

Don't know if this happens in vanilla but im playing HPM and I'm wondering why you can pass from Panama City to Penonome without going through Balboa

A while back, I saw someone was making a MuvLuv mod for HoI4- any word on that recently? With the game coming out tomorrow, just in that mood.

WEW

o shit im now part of the #bobobunch

How'd you get your map like that?

It's an ugly map, but still far better than the Vanilla HOI4 map

Alright, I integrated the Meuse changes. Here they are. Provinces that have inter lapping Dutch and German claims were made purple. I feel like Verdun could be improved, but I have to clear the checksum everytime I edit the map so that the changes appear, and I don't really feel like restarting Vicky again.

I'm just converting the Rise of the Najjars scenario from EU3Plus to EU4. Maybe I'll do my own scenario someday.

>No guys don't worry the slovaks and hungarians will totally hold them off we just need to worry about the polish front

Arsenal of Democracy or Darkest Hour?

I don't get this meme. Is it some kind of oriental or negro humor?

Darkest Hour

Cool stuff lad, would you mind uploading this?

Epic.

By the way, what happens if you make provinces, like, Gibraltar 1px wide? I feel it would look better, for being more realistic, but would it break the graphics?

why is my industry score rising so fucking fast

>liberals

How the fuck so you run the lategame that faat?

Sure, here it is dropbox.com/s/3gedq16k94jrs33/provinces.bmp?dl=0

Honestly, I don't know. I'm sure you could, but gameplay-wise it wouldn't be practical since it would be hell to click on.

Nationaliberals are one of the best parties in the game
>laissez-faire
>jingoism (I think)
>full citizenship

>9000 industry score

having a good computer

lol

I'm asking again because the previous thread was deleted: Realistically, which potential African colonies would be most suitable for permanent European control—taking into account their natural resources, indigenous population density (the lower the better), etc? I'm roleplaying as Austria>Germany in Victoria 2 and I don't want to employ genocide. Right now I'm leaning towards Cyrenaica, Namibia, Bechuanaland, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and perhaps Rhodesia.

There are no good colonies for Austria. They simply weren't into it

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701720801

If you want to be able to distinguish terrain textures much more easily, this can be used alongside it:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699686998

South Africa is the best

North Africa user, especially if you are a Mediterranean power like Italy or France. Sparsely populated, close to Europe, and rich with resources. What more can you ask for?

>Be Non-Axis Japan with puppeted China
>At war with the soviets because of Communist China
>Forced to fight in the shit tier regions from Sinkiang to Manchuria that takes ages to cross and prevents you from deploying large armies
>Suddenly Germany declares war and now the Axis will cuck me out of half of the Soviet union due to the Shitty joint peace deals depite me doing most of the work and them taking a few weeks to advance 1 or two provinces in

Kill me

Alright goys and shiksas, where should I start?

This UI is fucking terrible.

Ober Ost >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> meme-tier Hitlerite blobbing

Really though, what would be the issue? I mean, you could obviously click the land units there and I believe either ctrl click or shift click select land units.

Can you demonstrate it with Melila, Ceuta and Gibraltar to see what it's like, please?

Nice literacy

Well I've been working on India as well.

That's why I mentioned Cyrenaica. It's sparsely populated and has most of Libya's oil. The rest of North Africa is densely populated and not incredibly resource-rich

Hong Kong is actually a decent industrial state now

>no Mediterranean port
Nice failure blob.