/hg/ - Halo General

What Ever Happened To That Stupid Cloak Edition

The Warzone Firefight update is here! It includes the following:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

Official Warzone Firefight reveal trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=3My_2vZQjBI

Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/64rb9y4w

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/warzone-firefight-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/503219359032958976
strawpoll.me/10742488
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for breakout is terrible

>making it early
we fucking talked about this

>early
>right at bump limit
Are you high?

Just play more games. Sometimes you have garbage teammates other times you have a good teammate. If you are consistently a good teammate you will bubble up to the top.

Fail

>early
>made on post 750
>almost zero time discrepancy
It could not be more on time.

Don't forget dead!

7th for rage
twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/503219359032958976

From 343's lead multiplayer designer

strawpoll.me/10742488

No, that doesn't work, because the randoms in platinum are consistently terrible, and /hg/ isn't exactly something to write home about.
You can take your trickle down economics and go.

Quinn should be kept the fuck away from Halo

>Breakout is dead meme
You got blown out pretty hard in the last thread with your own numbers.
Let it go, man

see
That wasn't a listing of active players, that was a list of players period.

If you're solo the game will force you in with lower ranks depending on how good you are/how good you have been doing.

Thank *truskill and hidden mmr.

The only way to break out of the bubble is to group up and actually coordinate, and then the game will put you against people that are a higher rank, forcing you to get good instead of punishing you for doing good.

>thread made early
What has happened to this general and thread wars lately?

Friendly reminder that you can splatter them.

>not only are the unranked players not to be counted, we can't count the ranked players either
Just keep digging that hole, John

Post quality webms

It seems to work for me.
There are definitely good randoms in plat and I assume you're one of them. If you are then you have higher chance of having more good people on your team since you are guaranteed.
If you truly can't stand playing solo just play a couple games and invite people who do good eventually one will accept.
You should lose less and gain more csr if you're matching higher ranks because hidden mmr. Eventually you'll rank up.
You can definitely rank up solo you just have to keep trying.

Oh yeah I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying if you have a crazy win streak going or something, the game is more likely to put you with shitters so you can "carry" them, even though that's not very fair to you.

Takes longer to rank up solo because of this but it's possible

That's not how probability works. He could get shitter teammates from now to the end of eternity, and it's within the realm of possibility.

>/hg/ has become I safely cancerous over the course of the last few threads

What happened?

The majority of /hg/ is legitimately either autistic or casual as fuck.
We have people here defending Warzone but criticizing arena.

>missing the point entirely
Those numbers are people who have played it, not those playing it.
The unranked clearly haven't played at all, since this is an extended season.

>says the /sthg/ poster

/hg/ is probably one of the worst boards on Veeky Forums.

I frequent about 7 different generals including the pokemon go general and this is by leaps and bounds the worst of those ones.

>He could get shitter teammates from now to the end of eternity, and it's within the realm of possibility.
It's possible but not probable. my advice was to play more games because every game played makes your scenario less likely.

Sure it may take a little longer but it's definitely not close to impossible.

>this place sucks
>he says, reposting the same webm for the tenth time

>It's possible but not probable.
Not him, but he'd have to get non-shitter teammates greater than 50% of the time, and since half the randoms in Plat are good and half are shitters, the strongest possibility is getting stuck where you were placed.

But user-kun, Halo 5's arena maps are terrible.

It all started about a week ago when some autist made a thread early and filled it with drama (in the fucking thread title) and literally spazzed the fuck out when his thread got defeated by the other thread. He spent maybe 2 hours desperately trying to get people to come bump his thread. Pic related.

That seemed to open the floodgates to autism. Now it's just constantly people arguing about what other people like and why their opinion is shit. Warzone Firefight hasn't helped either. You have people that consistantly criticize it but then refuse to play anything else.

This general is fucked.

That's also not necessarily true.
While it becomes less likely, it can still only give him shitters.
For example, since probability isn't fixed I could flip a coin ten times and get only heads.
If there's a fifty-fifty chance of being lucky or unlucky, it's relatively unsurprising to only be unlucky.
We'd also have to assume that people in said rank are at least as good as him, which may not necessarily be true.

kill yourself sigmund

>But user-kun, Halo 5's arena maps are terrible.
Not him, but you're right.
In my opinion, 5 has by far the worst maps in the series, but arena is still infinitely more fun than warzone.

>play on Molten for the first time, today
>it's smaller than Tyrant
>with sight lines straight across the map
>and it has two snipers

>people actually talking about things pertaining to the game
>acting like people haven't been arguing about Reach for months
It's fine to criticize things

It's been downhill since achilles.
We're only now reaching rock bottom.

EPIC FOR THE WIN XD

Look at that pic though.
There's a difference between arguing about halo-related opinions and... that

Pic unrelated but I like it cause 117

>guy goes autismo about his meme thread
And that has any bearing on people criticizing things how?

>tfw I can't call Bill the first lady because he maintains his title as Mr. President for life
Fuck. That was the only thing I was looking forward to when Hillary wins, and I can't even have that.

Why the fuck is the thread not numbered anymore?

What the fuck were they thinking with Molten?

You can't beat autists.
Oh sure, you can score minor victories like winning a thread war, but the autist will be right back the next thread and make sure he wins.

Even if there's only one or two autists devoted to a cause, they will usually win because they have no other commitments in life and will sit on the thread and shitpost constantly for literally hours.

I think for the autists here, the thread numbering was the last straw. Most people clearly didn't care (for the record, I don't see the point. We didn't have numbering before, why start now? Granted it's not a big deal so I don't care really either way) but there was one kid that was so fucking mad. For whatever reason that number triggered him to no end. We had a lobby going on at the time and we all couldn't stop laughing at how much this kid was showing his autism.

I don't know how to fix /hg/. I don't think we can fix it.

>Why the fuck is the thread not numbered anymore?
It's going to be in consistantly as fuck because now we have people making threads that number and people that go out of their way to not number simply to spite them.

Buckle up, user.
Rocky roads ahead

>one guy
There's only room for one paranoid user around here

>kid
>kid
>kid

This is thread #180

Until it becomes common practice (it may never as long as there's people that get triggered by numbers) it's going to be off and on for a while.

Either way the numbering is done. So whether it's in the OP or not is irrelevant.

>loosen
I think that means there's still some CSR ranking but it's basically irrelevant.

Pic related to second question.
Customs tomorrow?

MCC customs tomorrow, Halo 5 customs on Friday

Oh boy, the number autist is back.

fuck off sigmund

Your numbers are off, just thought you should know.

>Oh boy, the number autist is back.
I specifically stated that if I had to pick a side, I'd be against it.
But thanks for exposing yourself as the autist that's anti-number to the point of shitting up the first hour of the last thread.

>sigmund
And you know that how?

>one person
Here comes dat meme!

>it's only one guy
You have three people replying to you.

It's 180 since the reboot of /hg/ happened.

Oh fuck off. Not everything is "sigmund".

And you dont know that how?

It should be more than that, since we've had about a thread a day since release in November

Wait, why tomorrow?
I'm not wageslave, as are many others.

MCC is harder to get groups for an we only do it once a week if that. Shouldn't MCC be on Friday? We play Halo 5 all week anyway. It doesn't also need the best day for customs.

It's when Red wants to do it, MCC is usually Saturdays but he wants to test a Thursday

>It should be more than that, since we've had about a thread a day since release in November
Guy that actually went through the threads here.
That's false. We nowhere near averaged a thread a day until recently.
In the winter and spring we had threads lasting 2, 3, 4, even 5 days.

Also, I appologize. I never meant to throw the thread down a black hole of controversy. Although I will say I have never made an OP.

That's ignoring his claim that he is a good plat. Assuming he is a good plat then that gives him the edge probability wise.

>While it becomes less likely, it can still only give him shitters.
Yes but it's improbable. I did some back of envelope calculations. Assuming a plat player is good with 50% chance* then there is a ~63.7% chance he has the stronger team. If he plays 100 games the probability of him being on the weaker team more than 40 times is only 1/5. And it's almost assured he will have more strong teams than weak teams.
*I'd guess it's than 1/2 that a plat is "good" but the lower it is the more advantageous it is to him.

The idea that you're just unlucky with matches and your team is always holding you back is only plausible if you've played a very small number of matches. Hence my advice to play more matches.

>That's ignoring his claim that he is a good plat. Assuming he is a good plat then that gives him the edge probability wise.
Except that Plats get put up against other good Plats, and that they also play against Diamonds, Onyxs, and sometimes full teams of Champions.

Honestly guys, I don't know if it's going to happen.
I've been bringing up customs all week and every time I do everyone is too busy arguing about... whatever you're all arguing about now, it seems to have been getting worse every day.

Obviously when I say "everyone" I don't really mean all of you. It could be 2 people for all I know. The point is it's clogging up the thread and my notices go unnoticed.

We will see what happens tomorrow though.

You people need more Vale in your lives.

I'm not even mad, i agree with all of those points except the last one.
I still think they fucked up by not bringing back all the classic modes like race, juggernaut, etc.

Did you see someone about your depression?

I don't have depression

>Except that Plats get put up against other good Plats
So? The matchmaker doesn't have it out for you personally so if you're truly a good plat then over enough games you will come out ahead because your team is more likely to have more good plats.
>and that they also play against Diamonds, Onyxs, and sometimes full teams of Champions.
This can be frustrating but I don't think it will stop you from ranking up.
If you're plat and you lose to a full champion squad your csr shouldn't go down at all.
The same idea applies to the rest. If you're plat and you lose three times to full onyx squads then beat an onyx squad you'll come out ahead rank wise.

Yes you do.
Orkus told me.

>If you're plat and you lose to a full champion squad your csr shouldn't go down at all.
A loss is a loss. You'll get either a red arrow or lose a green arrow.

I don't believe in depression as a medical disease

People arguing in the thread doesn't mean people don't pop in. I don't think anybody just skims posts, otherwise what would be the point? Just host them like normal.

Right, but you are depressed.

A lot of people don't believe in God and yet he exists.

How many levels of irony are we operating on?
I'm a christfag myself, but I really can't tell anymore.

1. I tell Orkus a lot of things. He gets confused and shouldn't be taken seriously. For example, I told him I frequent Veeky Forums and he's still trying to figure out "how to sign up for Veeky Forums so he can use it"

2. Unless you're going somewhere with this, stop acting like you know me and what happens in my head, doc.

3. /hg/ - Halo General

I think the bar goes up more/less depending on csr of each team.

I was serious.

How long do you think tomorrow's customs will last?

>good plat
Those two words don't go together

A win goes up one, a loss goes down one.

One what? I feel like I've lost to high rank teams and had the bar barely move compared to losing against low rank teams and I drop a whole rank. Same for winning.

Personally I don't think we need numbered threads, but I'd like it if you kept a tally going

>win game
>lose csr
Didn't realize this could happen.

Did you never check the postgame carnage report after a match? Your progress is almost like a stamp book from old Pokemon TCG tournaments. If you win, you get a green triangle and if you fill the bar, you rank up. If you lose, you get a red triangle and can rank down to the minimum grade of 1 of your division. If you, say, have a green and lose, you lose that green and any from subsequent losses until you're back at zero.

They usually end up lasting as long as people want to play

>How long do you think tomorrow's customs will last?
Assuming they happen, I'd like to aim for a healthy 2 hour session.
Nice 117 btw.

>a loss is a loss
>A win goes up one, a loss goes down one.
At risk of intersecting myself in an argument, I'm just going to say that's not true.
How far you rank up or down is relative to the ranking of the people you beat/that beat you.

I've beaten people ranked much higher than me and I've shot up almost 2 whole level ranks. Likewise, I've lost to people who actually are ranked better than me and I'm hardly penalized at all. However, when I lose to people I'm ranked better than, that's when i see the hurt.

Halo 5 and /hg/ are gonna die soon, when are we doing the picture day?

I just wish we kept track of the number since the first time /hg/ died, i'm sure we would be at # 500 minimum.

The blue bar seems to move different amounts is what I mean.

You can't count every thread. Before October, most /hg/ threads got maybe 20 posts before dying.

It was active long before that, but it didn't become active again until right before 5 launched.

The blue bar is your EXP.

I mean the blue bar for ranking up and down.
It's definitely not XP. Like Big Red said when I lose to low rank people I drop a whole rank sometimes but if I lose to high rank teams I barely lose any of the blue bar.

Left = Halo 5
Right = Halo 4

Left appears to be an improvement, but it's a folly.

>he thinks the xp bar is ranking