/egg/ Engineering Games General

Exploring the deeper designs of CLANG edition

previous ded The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:

Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q
Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3Knu243h
a.uguu.se/bLYBCvdRMy3t_cameras.webm
galacticjunkleague.com/
a.uguu.se/AfriwdQiMZUT_twoplanes.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=NWySdXedUiY#t=47
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

here's a pastebin for the OP for the next thread.
pastebin.com/3Knu243h

So I've just started playing FTD and got to the tutorial where you replace the engine and gave up because the missiles on it suck fucking shit and if I'm going to have to overhaul the whole thing I may as well just start fresh. What would be the best starting point? The story campaign they suggested? I was thinking about setting it on the lowest difficulty for now while I get used to the physics and what not.

On a side note I love how the building system works but the UI could use a lot of work. Like the easiest example would be to lay out the engine component menu based on what they attach to and then have a 2d picture from beside and on top in that empty space in the right hand corner showing a simple drawing of what attaches where. Would make it a hell of a lot easier for retards like me to remember what I can stick on where.

Is this meme game any good? Things that kill spengies for me are performance (planets) and netcode (in general).

>spengies
>any good
Honestly? Not really unless you have a hard-on for ship/base building, have friends to play with, or have an immense amount of patience to deal with KEEN's bullshit.

I'm not sure if you're deliberatelly misunderstending me for comdeic effect, but what I'm asking is is Spengies 2: electric boogaloo (empyrion) any good.

Oops. No, I'm running on not very much sleep, sorry. haven't tried Empyrion.

REM is not an /egg/
Robocuck is not an /egg/

9th for no u

I have spent an embarassing amount of time building Allahu Akbar droids and so far the only thing I managed to blow up is my own dumb ass when I tried to see if elite automatic rifle penetrates light armor blocks.

A bit disappointed with bomb physics in this game, cause I was trying to concentrate and funnel the force of the explosion in one specific direction, while explosive yield seems to be the only thing that makes any difference.

CLANG DEMANDS A SACRIFICE

Jokes on you REM is still fucking trash.

Jokes on you, you're still a sad individual.

Jokes on you REM is a sad fucking still trash individual you're gay.

If you can recognize this monstrosity, I'll be surprised.
it's the Trans Am 20000 from Redline

>building the shit looking cheat bike
>not building the glorious original model

I was going to make the grorious trans am but then decided to make it a cover that folds down over the trike. Currently, full speed it barely moves.

FORMERLY SVGG IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE OP FOR A REASON

BEHEAD THE OP

Well if that's the case, it hasn't been for a while.
Good night.

>he hasn't realised svgg died a long time ago, and could never sustain itself without the backing of literally all engineering games in general

It was last general

Who will answer for this haram

Robocuck patch in a few hours.

>NEW LEGENDARY WEAPON – CHAIN SHREDDER
>NEW LEGENDARY MODULE – EMP (ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE)
>NEW RARE DIAGONAL AERORODS
>NEW TUTORIAL
>NEW SINGLE PLAYER GAME MODE – TDM WITH AI BOTS
>We’ve added a new intro movie to the game
>We now have an official ESRB rating for Robocraft which is E10+ with an advisory for User Generated Content, this rating has been added to the login splash screen and will be updated in all other relevant locations soon after this expansion is live

Let it die.

Was this ever built?

>legendary
oh boy more content i'll probably never touch

>RARE
>EBIN LOOT
>retarded devs
It's like I'm in Warframe general.

Fuck off factoriofags you're hijacking my space voxel games general, telling robocucks to get out, stealing our women, planting the wrong ideas in newfags

If you're gonna use this general you're gonna stick with the theme. /svgg/ goes in the OP for a fucking reason.

At what point does it still need to be said, though? It's been there for at least a year or so; in that time anybody that cares would have found it, anybody who didn't know what /svgg/ is would have found it, and after that time people who used to frequent /svgg/ would have found this thread anyway.

Actually, I'm REManon.

SVGG, like any other general that's been absorbed into EGG, has died. These are engineering games, or at least games where you build something for a purpose.

Come to think of it, REM isn't even voxel based so it isn't SVGG anyway.

The "formerly /svgg/" part is the only thing keeping this thread relatively orderly. Delete it and you receive modded minecraft, /kspg/, city builders, "IS [non-egg game] EGG?" posters, and people in general wondering why starmade, robocraft and avorion are in the OP

So fuck off and put it in the next OP.

The funny thing is that they say this update will push them pretty close to "Beta", since they still like to say they are in alpha.

And once they hit beta that means the game is basically completed, and nothing new will be added, and they will push the game out into completion and move onto something else.

>SVGG
>EGG
If youre gonna false flag you gotta be more subtle

>robocuck will finally FINALLY die
Thank god.

I'm not even the OP, you're just getting upset over nothing it seems to me

Whatever happened to autocraft? The proto-Besiege

Well discounting labor costs and silly things like gatling turrets 49 warhead suicide drone is about as cost effictive as 50 rockets, assuming minimal uranium was loaded into drone's reactor.

>factorio
>decide to actually win the game
>get a rocket silo and satellite
>"alright, let's do this"
>learn afterwards that you have to build the rocket itself
>each part increases the progress bar with 1%

Wait, what? Do I need build one fucking hundred pieces?

DEJA VU

I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

Yes. Now get to it. Also, put productivity modules in the silo to shave off some progress

Just my opinion, but the green in this map and the super complex map is hard on the eyes and kind of ugly. Imo what if they were blue, and maybe neon in the Tron style you guys are going for?

They should have gone with the more neutral textures instead of the tron style

The important modules could be highlighted by other things than tronlines. Chrome finish, blinking lights, warning decals, color in general.

Successfully disabled a mining carriage from 4.35 kilometers away. Putting gatling guns on suicide drones is a bit of a waste in retrospect.

Also expending 1 interior plate on a flight seat that immediately turns on dampeners on a damaged ship is fucking retarded.

MACHEEN

d
e
d

>So it's fucking Macross
Checked that series, and it doesn't seem much close to theme of spess baBBy, but well, some boxes are ticked

>It sounds silly that they can so easily counter (relatively speaking) what is supposed to be an advanced futuristic warfare of an race of warmongers who kicked humanity ass and others for so long, but its been a long time and I don't remember things clearly.

Yamato has that deflective Wave shield, and any time it's out of it, entire ship gets fucked up big time.
Basically Gamilons get rekt because of internal strife between several factions that try to jew Dessler and each other out of business

>Also, they really didn't had nothing on the home planet capable to deal with a single capital ship? Its their most important planet, holy shit.
They had. Dommel took it all to Rainbow Cluster and managed to get sunk each one of those ships.
What was left on Gamilas were basically Volkssturm, full of greenhorn kids and vets older that Okita, Sado and Tokugawa combined

Garry's Mod E2 experts here?
I feel like a retard, I've tried three methods of char/byte removal from virtual keyboard input. 127(char) produces a space, rather than a backspace. Enter also produces a space rather than a cartridge return - but I don't want to deal with those at the moment.
Debugging is seriously painful. Converting memory to char to number back to string just to view if I'm doing things right, and writing the debugging code isn't even working, though it's pretty simple.

Is there a way to manage my goddamn workspace with code?

I did it.
I woke up at a sane time.
Yay

Meanwhile I'm going to bed GOOD NIGHT

Whats the verdict on FortressCraft?

Suggestions for improving efficiency, /egg/men.

>Minecraft with mods

Redirect some of steel in your starting area and you should be able to squeeze one foundry more.
Also top area has some space that could be used.

Really makes you think.......

Rebuilt the starting area factory to adjust iron:steel ratios. Was able to sneak in a foundry. Bottom area converted to research area. Research is at 1.9/tick

Am I doing right?

Probably.

Oops. Forgot pic.

I hate to not be in the know, but what game is this?

Filename.

I'm liking the camera options
a.uguu.se/bLYBCvdRMy3t_cameras.webm

galacticjunkleague.com/

Robocucks on suicide watch

FUCKING
FACTORIO
FUCKING
FORTRESS
FUCKING
SERVER
FUCKING
WHEN

In other news, flying to planes at the same time is kinda tricky
a.uguu.se/AfriwdQiMZUT_twoplanes.webm

When planets in spengies run decently on a 2012 high end rig

Also airtight hangar doors as cockpit combat shields, best idea/bestest idea?

>not vanilla connecting ramps

>try out Factorio before I buy it
>wants me to build a mine driller or whatever
>need to have a furnace in my inventory to craft it
wat

Not a new idea

you can mine by hand
furnace is made with 5 stone, it autocrafts the steps between

It's just silly because I don't see how a furnace is a midway step towards an automatic drill
Are all machines in the game like that?
>to craft a computer you first have to craft a powerplant

You blind or what?

Each recipes shows two sets of resources.

One is the very intermediate products required to craft said item, and other grand total of time and basic resources used to craft said item.

it's just the burner drills, low starter tech, which uses internal furnaces to function .. it's just for a start, and you will soon have electric drills and shit all over the place

>Mining Carriage
You know that shit has only 1 (one) turret that can be grinded off from the inside, right?

I was just making an observation about it being a silly midway step, chill out

1001 uses really. Wonder how rocket resistant it is, should fare a lot better against gatlings than fucking glass.

Well I am fairly new to spengies, but yeah seemed pretty obvious when I first tried that block.

But is it as fun as building a drone that's 50% warheads?

It's a internal combustion powered drill.
As in it is powered by things burning.

Yet the entire drill and all moving parts are directly crafted from steel plates with no steps inbetween

4x productivity III's make it cost only '60%' and the other 40% is given for free from the modules.

The journey is hardly over.

Because those steps only apply to this kind of drill. Any item in factorio is either placeable/usable or required to craft more than 1 type of other item.

>1001 ideas
Saw people hiding solar panels with them, surely more resistant, or to hide oxyfarms with pistons.

I know bro. Is the point of "heh you make a driller by adding some shit onto a furnace instead of the recipe telling you to directly craft it from raw materials" really so hard to understand? I'm not saying it's hard to figure out how to craft it or anything

The missiles are currently broken due to changes made to how IR seekers work. Right now, just skip the tutorial and fuck around in the designer while asking questions in the thread.
Minimum-settings campaign should likely wait until you have something that costs less than 75k RP and can win a 1v3 against a Drake Light, a Riverhome, and a Sea Adder. I mention these exact ships since they're the "first wave" in the campaign.

It can also help to load enemy designs and dissect them to see how they work.

youtube.com/watch?v=NWySdXedUiY#t=47
It's kind of silly how literally everything explodes under extremely high static pressure.

How do I into labs? At what rate do they consume items in their stock? Is maximum number of labs per research center limited by research center stock size? So far I've made it to plastic with just research centers and some labs but it's probably inefficient as fuck.

>How do I into labs?
Smartly
>At what rate do they consume items in their stock?
One of each kind per cycle
>Is maximum number of labs per research center limited by research center stock size?
Yup

That means having equal final production of iron and steel with 1 lab per 1 set produced in 20 ticks would be optimal, right?
I also have access to plastic labs but their upkeep seems way too excessive at this point.

you need to provide one metal lab with one iron and one steel each 20 ticks to make it work 100%
which means you can feed multiple labs with one set of steel supply and still be able to divert some iron to them.

Yeah that's what I meant. Thanks.

PIPES

Fuck Factorio 0.13 is so gud. Already put way over 200 hours into the game and the new patch has me hooked again.

If only they fixed train signals controlled by the circuit network being ignored by the pathfinder.
Will totally start my endgame then
> modular bases with a single purpose
> furnace, power stations, armory, train depot, ...
> connected via train networks
> 1 loop based with huge ass trains for raw mats, 4-20
> 1 with one way rails and intersections for intermediate and final products, 1-3-1
> 1 with a single two-way rail for personal transportation
> all connect to a humongous main station that acts as a central hub for everything
> pretty much infinitely scalable, only weak point is capacity of train network
> probably gonna do multiple parallel railways

Shit is gonna be cash

>need 26 million for the A5 expansion
>$52/tick

Kill me.

I've played quite a bit of both.
First played Space Engineers when it first came out, it was pretty fun, you know about it, so I'm not going to bother going into detail.

Started playing Empyrion because one of my friends really wanted to give it a try.
It was really fun for the first few hours. Dropped on a planet, little to no beginning resources, have to build up a base, and make various ships.
It stops getting fun as soon as you realize how little depth there is to this game.
Base building is retarded, you don't need to worry about structure, so you canjust have a massive blob with all your crafting stations placed anywhere.
Building ships is also retarded, there is no physics. Thrusters don't need to be placed strategically. If a thrust points up, it'll make your ship go up, no matter where its placed. It could be placed on a 200 meter long stick, right at the end, the entire ship will shoot straight up as if thrusters were under every square.
The reason this is terrible, is everyone just puts all of their ship parts in a little ball, and then build out from that.
Things don't need to be connected, so theres no planning into ship building.
Physics doesn't exist. If I had a really wide wing span, and you were able to shoot one of my wings in half, the other side of the wing thats not connected, would still go with my ship. Even though there is a huge gap, it'll still follow along as if it was connected.
Because of the way thrustes work, all ships are the exact same, no ship is better than another.

The game was promising at first, but with every update, its becoming more and more like space engineers, and it can't do it as well. Its a dead shitty game.

Could someone explain to me how horizontal vs. vertical focus on FtD particle cannons works?