Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Previously on /tosg/: >Can I play the game now?
YES YOU CAN (Get it on steam!)

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is an action MMORPG with a lot of classes, cute hats and autism grinding.

>Add-ons:
github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

>Cards List:
pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n

>English patch for kTOS
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/general-ktest-thread/124575/645

>Servers
- kTOS - Server : Vakarine (Upside down "A" in gookspeak)
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA), Fedimian (EU), Telsiai (SEA)

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>/tosg/ Guilds info
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Silute, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.
>Klaipeda
Futureproof (Lolipan)
Clover (Karga)
Cake (DeliciousCake)
cute ( )
CuteNotLewd (Plasmagica)
Empire (Louvain)
FOE(Jinsae)
>Orsha
Kotatsu (Colyo)
>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)
>Telsiai
Comfy (Katzenberg)

Cookie Cutter Guide :
>Wizard and Archer still unedited, Discuss in thread before using
pastebin.com/aGk6Ku7c

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/sHHbXqmJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pastebin.com/sHHbXqmJ

kys bot along with your necro sperg friend

nth for bot the savior

>things rance likes now includes carbombs
>in addition to pvp, bully, cows, senrans and rape
truly the best tosg husbando

>centurion was originally meant to be a rank 7 class
or am I reading that op image wrong?

Someone can give a tl;dr of these guildchat logs leaks?

If you're so triggered that IMC is actually applying changes into their game just fucking quit.

they took it out of rank6 and put fencer in

Fixing broken skills is the right thing to do and not just leaving it broken and just adjusting a number and calling it a day. Lolipan and dvine really have no idea what they're talking about.

shit, how old is that picture?
>centurion rank 6

bot and dvine are two sperglords.
Not the first time they argue for the sake of arguing.

what's it mean

>drunk Rance tries to diffuse the situation and cheer everyone up
>gets ignored, wishes everyone goodnight and goes to milk his cow
You guys don't deserve him.

Good night, anons. I hope you all get plenty of talt!

The problem wasn't changing it, the problem was nerfing it too strongly. You easily do 3 Skyliners per second(with korean ping), but now you can only do 3 every 15 seconds. Skyliner wasn't strong at all, and half of the stuff in this game is immune to bleed.

quick, give me a hot and sexy linker 3 build

Except it was OP. Every swordsman build in ktos goes high2 for 0 cd skyliner. If you can't tell something is wrong with that then you're retarded.

Yes swordsman sucks overall as a whole, but that doesn't mean you should just make one skill OP to fix the problem and just leave it as is.

Can you give me an accurate tl;dr version?
I'll kiss you softly.

Yes, it has to be changed. The problem is nerfing a skill from "absolutely must have it" tier, down to hot garbage tier.

Though the biggest failure overall was waiting all this time to address the problem at all.

>Except it was OP
I love this, /tosg/ can go so low to the point to call Highlander OP just to have an argument for the nerf.

>Except it was OP. Every swordsman build in ktos goes high2 for 0 cd skyliner.
Just because everyone took it doesn't mean it's op, it was literally the swashbuckling of DPS swordsmen.

People are arguing about whether or not IMC is killing their game. dvine and Lolipan think changing Skyliner is a mistake and that it will kill ktos because of the "100 millions of silvers" invested in their highlander, dvine saying "98% damage reduction" nerf is unheard of. sfdghsf is saying that IMC actually applying balance change is a good thing and that it happens in every other MMO.

It's not hot garbage, it's just a rank 3 skill now that's balanced for when you get it. That's what they meant when they said they're nerfing skills that were way too effective.

>people basing their entire build around a rank 3 spammable skill for their entire dps rotation at rank 7
>it's not OP guys
kysmm

Ktos is already dead, it doesn't matter what they do, so they might as well fix it.

I told you guys itos will become the new standard for balance and you laughed at me.

>NO FROST CLOUD NERFS THAT MATTER
>NO MAGIC ARROW NERFS
Yeah they're totally nerfing whats too effective

>badhu

>nerfing swordsman
>balance change
kek

Might as well buff Frost Cloud and Dark Theurge.

You're absolutely right, those need nerfs too. And it's retarded they're not getting nerfs yet.

But we're not talking about frost cloud and magic arrow vs skyliner. We're just talking about skyliner and whether it should get nerfed or not.

Maybe try to follow the context of the argument before you try and insert another argument ontop of it.

>western players will literally complain about the most useless of whole tree classes having one good skill
and then you wonder why most publishers dont go western or give a shit about the western population

>another idiot
Read No one is arguing swordsman vs other classes now, it's purely "skyliner, nerf or not?".

Did someone say Swordsman3 is gonna be good?

C-Cuz I have one...please don't bully me guys...

>shifting goalposts
Why do you guys like to do this? Also not a westerner.

lolipan just kick this cuck already i already told you he's the source of all shitposting

Yes.

They guy with the bot name is right. Skyliner needed the nerf, so did Cyclone, IMC's mistake was not giving something else to those nerfed classes that relied on those skills. Before you ask yeah, Frost Cloud needs a nerf, idk about Magic Arrow.

How about you fucking balance the class to a normal state before you fucking gut its overpowered skills first?
Like how difficult can the idea of actually giving them other skills and buffs to compensate before fucking making them into a piece of shit that you wouldn't even look at?
Fuck off le filipino

And that's why your game has less players than a decade old one.
Good job.

They're going to be "better" but not good in any sense of the word.
All sword3 are getting are basically a 500~ damage buff to their concentrate provided you dumped every single point up to 280 including bonus into str.

Hey. Botchan just likes debates and trying to prove ideas right.

I myself like battling ideas with botchan.

Their game was dead before arrival and they also rushed the ambulance by releasing a buggy game for official release. They then proceed to kill the dead horse by applying tons of restrictions because of muh bot prevention. Skills are nerfed and buffed depending on how the developers want it, no player has any right to say about it because they are not the ones that make the game's code. It all depends on how competent these devs are in balancing a game.

I am not surprised that retards like dvine and lolipan believe otherwise. It just became the norm that players go full attentionwhore and threat to quit and yet they're still playing the damned dead game.

>Now the class is absolute useless and don't even need to be picked

kiss you softly.

By this logic we don't need to nerf elementalist and flecher, just remove they from the game, because people just make those classes because 1 retarded skill that makes 90% of the classes in the game useless.

and also falseflagging anonymously like a gigantic faggot piece of shit

bot is right

Everything that's overperforming should get balanced. No exceptions. This means skyliner, frostcloud, magic arrow, quickcast etc etc.

Just because the most useless of whole tree classes have one overperforming skill to carry them, doesn't mean you should leave it as is. That's just bad balance.

Everything overperforming needs to be looked at and then balanced, if you can't even understand this then you should just quit.

I would, but I'm not IMC. Also not even a flip, care to guess again?

>people think 0 CD skyline is overpowered
oh yes thats why you see 0 people using it in PvP and only as a "oh fuck all of my other cooldowns are down" skill

>overperforming
>skyliner

play the game

dvine was also defending 50% quick cast bonus damage yesterday, he knows that if IMC has the balls to nerf skyliner now then quickcast is highly likely to be nerfed and he's invested a lot of silver in his one shot flesh cannon build. At least that's what I'd guess.

You mean drama and dramamongering and also just plain shitting up the thread

That's the thing, it's not OP, it's barely even passable at high level gameplay, shit does no fucking damage, it's just the only consistent damage a swordsman has, next to Cyclone which is also nerfed.

If archer sucked again and their best skill has oblique shot would you call oblique shot OP? no, it's just the best skill.
You're literally saying the oblique shot of the swordsman is OP.

>completely irrelevant argument because he has nothing better to say
kek

>every swordsman class picking high2 for their rank 2 and 3 is the same as wiz going eleme3 or archers going fletcher3
please

That's because they wasted their shekels in Magic Arrow and Frost Cloud attributes and don't want anything else to be OP, so all their "EFFORT" is not wasted.

While SWORDSMAN is nerfed, Flechers and Elementalists still living the dream os the most effortless class in the game that no one touches.

The truth with this game is that 3-5 classes are currentlycompletely broken, and most people are basing balance around them.

Swordie damage isn't even that shit compared to 90% of the archer or wizard classes, but they have nothing broken so it is seens as such.

>Swordie damage isn't even that shit compared to 90% of the archer or wizard classes, but they have nothing broken so it is seens as such.
Excuse me you forgot to fucking include cleric in there bazoople

>every swordsman class picking high2 for their rank 2 and 3 is the same as wiz going eleme3 or archers going fletcher3

Oh, so that's the excuse that you tell to yourself? You're just retarded then, no point in arguing.

You prob just have a elememe/flecher and don't want nothing else coming closer to that.

>talking about pve
>pvp guise
kek you know you're wrong when you start bringing irrelevant shit into the argument

I already addressed this
>spamming a rank 3 skill at rank 7
Skyliner is also way better than oblique shot, it's not even the same comparison.

>overperforming
>ET still nearly unbeatable unless you bring the "overperforming" classes, even then requires RMT tier gear

I'd say everything else is underperforming, if you ask me.

>every wizard going wiz3 is not the same thing as every swordsman taking highlander2

uhh?

In a game where the class diversity is one of its main appeals, why would a single class be run by every build in that tree only because it gives you a 0cd skill? You might argue that the skill itself isn't overpowered, but it certainly was in comparison with the other skills Highlander has, and it overcebtralisef the meta.

Again, I believe the problem wasn't needing muh 0cd Skyliner, but not buffing the rest of its kit into good tier afterwards.

>people who only played WoW clones and RO trying to talk about balance
I'm glad they asked reddit for feedback instead of us.

Someone link that video of 5 Highlanders doing ET so we can shut the mouth of these swordfags telling that it wasn't OP.

Why is it relevant when you get the skill?
We wouldn't need to spam a rank 3 skill if IMC weren't absolutely retarded and had more than 4 skills (that don't do any damage and have high cooldowns) per class.

Are you retarded? highlander 2 is a rank 3, and then you can end your build with whatever choice you want for rank 4567.

Elemes are forced to lock their rank 456 in and fletchers 567. It's not the fucking same you retard.

If you want to make a fair comparison then it's highlander 2 vs archer 3. Eleme and fletchers are already end game ranks.

You fucking retards, god. You all fucking retards, all of you. Stupid hopeless bastards.

address it harder

even at 0 cd youre only hitting skyliner when your other shit is on cd

>I'd say everything else is underperforming, if you ask me.
This.
Quick cast into Ele3 is the ONLY viable dps tree for wizard, instead of nerfing that they should buff the other dps classes.
If you nerf that the wizard will become a support tree only, at least for pve.

Just look at Moulinet. Nobody in korea put more than 1 point into it, because you could use Skyliner 3 times instead in the time it'd take you to cast it.
This is "good balance" according to you, retards.

>every wizard going wiz3 is not the same thing as every swordsman taking highlander2
Yes QC needs to be nerfed, I agree. IMC is retarded for not nerfing it yet and if they haven't bothered yet they probably never will. Kim probably plays a wiz 3
>inb4 IMC playing their own game

the "and only" part is about PvE you fucking retard

Because based off IMCs class design logic, low rank skills are not meant to be comparable to high rank skills.

Just look at cannoneer and musketeer. They completely outclass any other lower rank damage skill that isn't a DoT.

But this is a bigger fundamental problem with their entire class ranking system as a whole and would require them to revamp the entire system which I doubt they'll do.

Why only paladin C1?

>Botchan just likes debates and trying to prove ideas right
No, it's usually a huge "I'm always right you're wrong retard" clusterfuck.

But this time he's right, people is trying too hard to understand a meta that they aren't following.

>can't even understand his own sentence
>calls me a retard
How about you learn english first.

In reality, Wizard has few non r7 DPS classes (pyro, kyno, elememe) and frost cloud is just too good of an aoe skill

i see moonie making more alts

best way to balance the game would be 15s cd on meme arrow

remove running shot and replace with pavise super-buff

and move the peltasta aggro skill to swordsman c3

pretty sure reddit is full of those people that you just described

we did it reddit
two servers and one of them is dead as a doorknob, on the other theres a protest squad about the merge

>try to spread weet weet all over Veeky Forums
>they call me a faggot and to kill myself and to go back to my dead as shit game
;_;

If you give swordman more offensive output, pelt will be less dominant. Case in point: ktos, where everyone and their mothers runner high2, has few pelt1. Swordsman3 already has his PvP niche

>cutting off his name

At least upboats keep them from going full retard.

>Update
It's Saintone, so I guess he's asking this for ET. But Barrier is a C3 skill.

nice arguments mate

Come here cutie, I'll give you a hug.

best way to balance this game would be to nerf the blatantly overpowered shit;

QC
magic arrow
frost cloud
skyliner

but also buff every other skill in the game to acceptable damage levels, while giving them overheats and significantly lower cooldown
if i have to fucking basic attack a nigga one more time cause all my skills are on cooldown and it still isn't dead im going to lose it

>mfw Doubleslash now has better DPS than Skyliner
more like Cucklanders amirite?

I guess the dumb reddit browsing SEAmonkeys were right, roll wizele or quit

That's exactly what IMC is doing, but average MMO player has attention span of a goldfish and if something isn't done now, it's dead game.

Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. They'll nerf elememes and fletchers in two weeks.

>there are people who actually believe this

doomposter out

It's just unfortunate that modern gamers are all retarded. We'll never get back the golden ages of mmorpgs before the wowbabies invaded.

probably restoration scrolls for higher heals

>Fletcher:
>- Divine Machine Arrow:
>(Old) - Duration of 10s.
>(New) - Duration of 1.5s

>Bokor:
>- Effigy:
>(Old) - Deals bonus damage on the 3rd attack.
>(New) - Continuous use deals bonus damage that applies on every 3rd cast.

ummm

>tfw almost fell for the swordsman will have actual dps when the repository merge happens meme
thank god I didn't for that meme

>tfw Orsha is alive again

Oh hey I just ran past you

>Nerfing Bokor

Holy shit, pvpfags are cancer whenever they are.

That maid is a real cutie!