/evog/ Evolve General

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki (Mostly outdated)

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/EAjbq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>nobody wants monster
>I get monster
>win as wraith
>get 50 bucks
>they get 26 bucks

The grind is real.

First for discord is a botnet

Y'know they sort of fucked up making monster perks and hunter perks seperate. You have to invest in one or the other.

so far I haven't lost a match as monster

is it better to leave the dome after downing 2 people to aim for stage 3 or just keep slammin?

HOBOY HERE WE GO

honestly I gave up on the grind plan and bought the game. It's cheap and probably the store prices will be way higher than compared to a stupid cdkey

I hate TR for making the wraith. because I know that wraiths will never be real and tamed as domestic pets.

if you've downed two quickly, chances are they won't be joining back quickly enough so you can finish off the other two

once third one is down just pounce the last one

and don't forget about daisy if there's a maggie player

ahaha holy shit
did you just Alt F4 or did you actually go ahead with the game you madman

discord.gg/EAjbq

come to our discord its f-fun and we talk about VIDEOGAMES

Should I buy Gorgon or Kraken lads

>tfw ywn train your pet wraith waifu to suck your dick on command and get it addicted to being fucked daily until it wants your dick more than it wants din din

jdimsa

>fearing monsters
>in July 2016
wew lads

We lost.

I caught up to him as abe in the first 30 seconds of the game because of sunny. However I got there a bit ahead of my team and got downed pretty easily. We got him to half health in the first dome.

What would happen if Jack hit on Maggie

I think I've fought kraken twice total from 1-20.

Get kraken.

Which monster unlocks the silver DoT?

>making a worthless statement like "Fearing Monsters"
>When picture evidence of a supreme fucking autist with 71(now 72) wins a row in a fucking gorgon
yeah okay dood, just fuck off

Gorgon because after logging in everyday for 18 days you get Kraken for free!

Kraken is free on day 18 of the consecutive login thing

Torvald 13
Parnell 17
Maggie 17

You admitted to have fucked up here:

Im not him, im just pointing out that your statement is not only fucking worthless but wrong

Do the post match key rewards dwindle later on? I got like 9.5K in about two sittings, so I wonder if it's worth just waiting for two and a half week not playing it.

they do since profiles stop leveling at 30

at higher levels your best bets for decent bonuses are X amount of matches as class x "hidden rewards"

The monster version

It does slow down some, but if you really want to play Kraken soon I'd say it's alright time buy him it's only a 6.5k key investment. Actually I just remembered I saw this a few times when I was playing so Kraken is probably the next monster to go on rotation. So you should at least wait until tomorrow

>pounce
what

Sneak attack/pounce

Same shit

>Kraken is probably the next monster to go on rotation
there goes my fun as Lennox

Alright then, thanks.

Is it just me or do Wraith's trajectory projections just straight up lie 70% of the time?
Dead center abduct's targeting circles thing on a hunter, and Wraith flies happily into the edge of the cliff 5' below that, perfectly consistently.

If they don't want people just spam decoy and supernova, maybe warp blast and abduct should actually hit where you aim them. Decoy is a boring skill, but at least it isn't incredibly frustrating to try to use.

I have no issues aiming warp blast ever, maybe you're trying to move the camera before the ability actually goes off and are fucking it up?

Teach me master. Cant win any match when im playing as gorgon

People are not getting better even at level 20+ and it annoys me you guys

Medics have like a 10% heal uptime
Supports never save anyone
Trappers never CC the monster
Assaults have like a 10% damage uptime

monster is pretty fun

usually level 28-30 players at least know their preferred role

usually

there are fucking level 26 players that don't know how Laz works, I got resurrected by one idiot support when Laz was alive and well and that fucked us over bad because I got a strike

Wraith and gorgon apparently

>Laz
>Good
>Bringing Laz
>Anyone
>Competent
>Unironically
>Laz
>Competitive game
>Laz
>3v1
>With Laz
>Laz
>Medic
>>>>>>medic
lol

>game in the bag
>support runs out and dies to the stage 3 monster by himself
>immediately returns to dropship as I'm reviving him.

I hate people

The Laz player was ok. There is nothing wrong with Laz.
The other two were idiots, especially the Bucket support that revived me.

I've got some currency

should I buy all the 2750 characters or are there some characters that are "unplayable"?

>There is nothing wrong with Laz.

Here's a list of characters you really shouldn't buy:

EMET
Slim
Torvald
Parnell

You can make other characters work. Those four are the bottom shitters.

>dome is up
>I go down
>laz comes in for the save
>assault stops what he's doing and revives me

I'm sorry you suck at playing the game if you don't know how to work with Laz or can't play as him?

Do not go to the steam forums for this game, it's so dumb
>Laz and Parnell are OP
>Wraith is the weakest monster and needs tons of buffs
>Emet is the best healer for beginners, you can't lose as him

I'm a monster player you shitter. No Laz has ever caused me any issues.

>completely dumpstering shitstains as Behemoth
>fully leveled damage reduction perks that make it so I take 40% less damage

I AM FUCKING INVINCIBLE

How is anyone supposed to know you're one of those monster only autist retards from what you're posting? Fucking mongoloid.
Still, Laz is a fine medic in the right hands. Even after his nerfs.

Not him but whatever

Lvl1 is 1Net 1Spidertrap 2Acidspit
Lvl2 is 3Acidspit 3Spidertrap
Lvl3 is 3Net
Take it slow while you fight, find a place to hide and draw them to you. AOE them with Acid and net while staying mobile
Lay up spider traps and wait for them to make mistakes, someone getting isolated by an unlucky spidertrap will usually allow you to go ham
Acid is mad strong on spidertrapped and incapped hunters but do not stop ressucitate (net does)
Spidertrap last indefinitely, drop them behind you while you run away from the hunters

>There is nothing wrong with Laz
a
a
a
w

god this game is fucking doomed with worthless players like this

You can stop posting any time, retarded mong.

How many traps can you have up at a time?

translator's note for this post:

"I am shit and suck at this game oh god please kill me thanks. I'm also gay."

See
Again if you didn't get the hint the first time.

So how do you start and level your Goliaths?

I've been on a monster winstreak with:
Lvl 1: 2 Rock Throw, 1 Leap, 1 Fire, 0 Charge
Lvl 2: 3 Rock Throw, 1 Leap, 2 Fire, 1 Charge
Lvl 3: 3 Rock Throw, 2 Leap, 3 Fire, 1 Charge

Is my 'loadout' acceptable?

He's better at escaping than even Wraith or Gorgon, and he has SO MUCH HEALTH

I literally just spent 20 minutes in a match and got like 40 kills. I just kept letting them come back at me and not killing off the last person. Got to stage 3 and just shit on them next to the power relay right where the drop ship reinforces

>they started raging in chat
>these people were on a 12 win streak

the salt was tangible

>He doesn't main crow

But I do

>someone mentions a support fucking up
>this autistic and retarded monster only player goes on a sperg shitpost parade because of Lazarus

lol are you from the Veeky Forums group

>40% less damage

really? is that achievable through perks? I thought it was like 30%?

What is your skill-level order?

>trap posting
get out
bob is the only monster where I truly suck, I can't kill anything with it and I waste too much roll power for wildlife

need super weewop goliath tips

should I spend money on perks or save up for guys

>There are people who unironically take Laz out to do anything BUT Grief pubs in
Absolute tip top fucking kek anyone who takes that shitstain excuse for a medic out needs to gas themselves, its a shitty character, with a shittier ability and loadout roster compared to every other fucking medic.

See
for the thid time. Fuck, you are slow in the head.

start with 1 of each, charge is very useful for gaining distance in straightaways before using your traversals

no you
You play a character that is inferior in every way to all others in his class outside of a shitty gimmick that doesnt matter anymore in the new balance

you need to fuck off, and Laz needs to be moved into Support, removed from the roster or made to not be fucking trash ass faggot like yourself

>Tfw leveled up playing mostly monster
>Now feel too high level to play hunter because no perks
>Keep playing monster and make the problem worse

See
for the fourth time. Get a fucking clue already, worthless monster autismo.

one of the gold perks will give you 20%
its like 5000 for each level though

The first two are 8% and then 12% giving you another 20%

Pretty retarded and op

Senpai its almost impossible to lose as Bob. Don't worry about stealth, and dont use abilities on wildlife, roll in to them and on the exit of a roll smack them

Tongue Grab is important
Rock wall is fine at level 1, its mostly to by time

Use tongue grab and then lava bomb at your feet, usually an instant kill

Jump on downed hunters, and constantly place a lava bomb down on top of them so nobody can revive them

Fissure can climb over walls, so the faggots that try to keep the high ground cant escape
It also knocks them over if they're on their touching the ground

>when the dumbass hunters dome you when you aren't trying to escape

who is laz and why is he controversial

I'm trying to, but it's just so much more difficult than Abe when paired with low-level pubs.

It's just a some shitty monster only player that got buttfucked too hard a few times by Lazarus players when he was just starting out.
Permanently fucked up his sissyboy brain.

>STOP PLAYING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
>IT'S NOT TIER ONE SO FUCK OFF
>REEEEEE

your resident mad mags main here

the devs confirmed that wasteland daisy's AI is no different from vanilla daisy and that she will only attack if the monster is right next to her

goodbye to the days of pretending i'm furiosa

Dont play monster, I play hunters, Im an actual decent medic and an alright trapper, go fuck yourself. Every single match ive had with a laz he was worthless deadweight and brought nothing to the team. Fuck yourself glove fucker, face the music, hes a terrible character and hes trash where the gameplay is right now

how do we buff Torbad?

>no snake/seaserpent monster
>no sasquatch monster
>no burrow monster
sad

Combo of both. Buy a couple of perks that would be the most useful to roles you mainly play, then spend the rest of your sheckles on characters. You'll unlock a fair number of perks via leveling up the hunters, and should you outright buy the perks they would normally grant you wont receive any compensation when you reach the required level.

>tfw Laz saved your ass from strikes twice and helped you win against a 22 streak Kraken faggot

based Laz

remove minimum distance on mortars
make shotgun more satisfying to shoot

Just bought Parnell. What am I in for?

make mortar faster or make it track a bit
improve shotgun damage

They need to spread the damage out on Gorgon's skills more

That shit is fucking annoying to fight because NONE of the abilities do anything except the acid spit and that shit burns 75% of your health off before you even get to jump away.

I mean honestly it's fucking cancer to play against, I should get punished for eating too many abilities not for having him just breath in my direction once

>22 win streak
>couldn't keep pressure on a downed hunter with the ranged AOE monster
he was pretty shit to let a laz res anybody ever.

/evog/ will tell you he is bad, but those are lies. He does decent damage.

on what level do you play?

Can't be worse than Hyde and his flamethrower that good monsters try to avoid.

A big black ____________mistake.

swap speed perks.

When hes in Super Soldier.
Outside of it, hes fucking garbage.

Parnell is just a direct disadvantage because a Lennox or Blitz would do it better.

How can I improve as Griffin? Should I just spam harpoon all day or should I try to time it for when monsters uses traversals/abilities?

Okay who are the worst characters right now?
from Worst to least offending
>Laz
>Emet
>Hyde
>Wasteland Maggie

Who else????

Ranked and regular
I'm level 31

post proof of your Behemoth win-streak or your stat page.

I shoot as much as I use the harpoon. I harpoon less if it's a monster that is barely hindered by harpoons. If I see it's a retard that takes over 3 seconds to escape the poon then I will be pooning him a lot.

So about the game's "story" and "lore":

Was there anything added apart from Hunter backstories, like Parnell and his old crew's or Slim's, or is it still just "killing weird, unnatural alien monsters because they kill people"? Is there any place to read up on it, if there was any progression in the lore?

I know it's pretty shitty but I like the universe and the characters