/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Still Alive edition

Previous bread: →
We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2710729-pluckable-chickens
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/legacy-farms
mobile.twitter.com/LexManos/status/737944662200221696
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>still alive

So it's true.

Minecraft truly is a ded game.

just modding is ded, vanilla is still alive and well

[citation needed]

we need to go more autistic

>"The sky sure is blue."
>"UUUUUH CITATION NEEDED"
Just open your fucking eyes, dipshit.

not an argument

settle down there meme queens

>idea for a new pack has me itching to try it out
>know if I do I'll never go back and finish the current one

>he actually thinks modding is still a thing
>modpack downloads have steadily shrunk since 2014 since modders hanging on to 1.7.10 for so long made people bored

>this one faggot is STILL here trying to convince people of his idiotic opinions

>being this starved for attention

prove me wrong, chaps. 1.7.10 halted modded minecraft's growth.

No.
Because I know how to tell the difference between good and bad things.

ignoring for a moment that you're baiting and/or clinically braindead, you've already been proven wrong countless times before in previous threads but your autism and/or retardation prevents you from facing the facts, dismissing all proof "because you said so"
besides, you're going against public knowledge, so the burden of proof is on you anyway, faggot

So stop taking the bait. Or maybe keep taking it to bump the thread.
>aliev gaem ded bread

bait is taste though

I'm not saying 1.7.10 is good or bad, I'm saying that the mod community using it so long killed the growth of modded minecraft.

who are you talking to? your paranoia of some boogie man in every thread is making you look like a freak. don't bring that /pol/ shit here.

the burden of proof is on you, because the numbers alone clearly prove you wrong.

>who are you talking to? your paranoia of some boogie man in every thread is making you look like a freak.
Don't pretend it's not you, you're not fooling anyone.

>don't bring that /pol/ shit here.
You don't even know what the fuck you're memeing about.

>the burden of proof is on you, because the numbers alone clearly prove you wrong.
yeah these numbers sure prove me wrong :^)

>your paranoia of some boogie man in every thread is making you look like a freak. don't bring that /pol/ shit here.
either this means that we have two complete retards that type exactly the same way, with both the stubbornness and brainpower of a brick wall, or you're lying

the conclusion that makes most sense is that you're a fucking liar

>replying to the clinically retarded

>for the 10th time think about adding IC2 Classic to Tech Pack
>EU a shit and annoying
>Just want it for ONE thing, which is nuke power
>play around for a bit and realize, again, that this is shit and I dont actually need it.

AND SO THE CYCLE CONTINUES.

>I'm saying that the mod community using it so long killed the growth of modded minecraft.
If this is your argument you're a still a fucking retard, Mojang is at the root of all the updates, you should be blaming Mojang for taking their sweet ass time creating shitty chink-tier mod ripoffs as content for 1.8, 1.9 and 1.10, allowing the modding community to stagnate, especially when there's no modding API to reduce the effects of stagnation.

this tbqh
i don't even give a shit if this autistic arguing keeps the thread alive, that's literally all the general does now
may as well just abandon the general until summer rolls over

Heard you might like pluckable chickens.

Pluckable.

Chickens.

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2710729-pluckable-chickens

Anyone know of any decent, mostly vanilla, whitelisted servers with a mature player base?

>1.8.9
no ty
>vanilla
no ty
>vanilla
>mature
may as well ask for a million bucks

What would you recommend?
I would've thought that it would be the adults that stick to peaceful vanilla and the memespouting kiddos that get obsessed with huge modpacks.

Don't be so salty, son. We're all here to indulge in our autism together.

>adults that stick to peaceful vanilla
try "underage kids with genuine, non-meme autism"
>the memespouting kiddos that get obsessed with huge modpacks
this part, however, is correct

adults play on 127.0.0.1 where they don't have to deal with the bullshittery that is mulitplayer in this cancerous cesspit of autism

what is this 127.0.0.1 and how do i get there

just baiting friendo

But that server is always full of faggots

so this is a bait general now? mojang only wishes their could make their shitty fishing """minigame""" as interactive as this thread

but anyway i want to post really stupid shit, pretend to be retarded and ignore everyone who disagrees with me, get lost in autistic arguments about semantics and pull facts out of my ass to get some a hundred free (you)s too instead of posting builds or actually making discussion

okay, here goes
_______________botania______________________________________________

>people unironically blame mojang for forge killing 1.8's adoption

kill yourself

why not blame them

mojang hasn't tried to get another nickel out of any of us in years.

the circlejerk, on the other hand....

>unupgradable machines
But they can be upgraded for more speed now, just put circuits inside of them. I didn't check if there are more upgrades than speed though.
I got tired of MFR/EnderIO and decided to go for a bit of nostalgia in this pack.

I forgot I wanted to post this 10 hours ago now I will autisism

forestry can't provide nostalgia, you have to go back to 1.4.7 at the latest. anything after that is multifarms.

>hasn't tried to get another nickel
>other than realms
>or than mcpe
>or story mode...
welp

>Hopper is empty
>comparator still on.
i don't even know why i still bother.

>1.8.9

I've somehow grown fond of them, since back then I liked MFR too much to care about those ugly huge multiblocks. Nowadays I realized that MFR is the MAW in the MAWMAW so these huge farms feel refreshing for some reason.
And there's always this in case I feel like going even further back in time.
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/legacy-farms

you don't need any of that to keep playing all the updates, mate.

What's with the hateboner for anything that's not 1.7.10?

Its not the hate, its basically that few cool mods are trapped on useless versions.

1.8.9 is universally shit.
As in filled with bugs, unoptimized, and genuinely terrible.
1.9 is better, but has no mods and no reason to update.

autism. it's the same thing that trapped people on beta 1.7.3, 1.2.5, 1.4.7, and 1.6.4.

1.4.7 lasted a long time in the autism circle because they couldn't live without RedPower. So you can thank autists for Project Red jewing the community up.

The difference being how there were reasons to move on from those versions to newer ones, while there isn't a single reason to move on from 1.7.10 unless you think that higher numbers make a version better.
A similar thing that happened in the past was the 1.6.4 to 1.7.2 update. 1.7.2 was absolutely terrible but a few people insisted that the version was good without giving any reasons as to why. Then after a while, 1.7.10 came out, it was an actually good version and most people finally moved to it.
Everyone who isn't a Curse drone is waiting for the new 1.7.10 now.

they all said that the next version had nothing to offer, you know. there is no difference.

1.3 had everything, 1.5 had redstone, (1.6 was fucking useless indeed), 1.7 had the entire biome system. In comparison, 1.8 has jack shit, 1.9 has worse combat, and 1.10 has absolutely nothing.

That's terrible.

I'd go for that server that's been up for over a decade and never changed maps

>Tfw base is progressing nicely

beta 1.8, fuck endermen and health regeneration
1.0, fuck the end
1.1, nothing
1.2, fuck jungles and zombie sieges
1.3, fuck trading and adventure mode
1.4, fuck the wither and witches
1.5, fuck redstone signal strength and comparators that nobody will use
1.6, fuck horses
1.7, fuck the biomes and new stone blocks
1.8, fuck the water boss
1.9, fuck the combat and End update
1.10, fuck the polar bears

This has been going on forever.

T-thanks, y-you too.

Its called 2b2t

enjoy

I was awkwardly thanking you for calling my mini-mod terrible, senpai, not asking for the server.

>load server
>current base project consists of setting up and configuring at least 336 ME devices
>have 160 set up, don't like their layout
>have 96 of those configured

>lose motivation
>log off and watch shit on youtube

well, I don't know if you've ever pulled feathers from a bird, but its not something you'd want to do to a live bird.

Those chickens have it coming, with their incessant clucking.

Had to ditch the steam tank, would need 3 emerald pipes per basic turbine. Luckily the boilers automatically output steam so I just placed it directly next to it. The wood and charcoal piping is the most ugly nigger-rigging I've ever done but it's no longer popping out items so I'd call that a success. I waited too long before re-setting up my bronze blast furnaces so now I'm waiting on steel.

>fuck redstone power strength
That's been in since redstone was a thing. Comparators are actually a powerful automation tool to shut off systems if it overflows.

closeup of the pipes

>Extremelly bored and doing absolutely nothing
>decides to check youtube
>finds a video of modded minecraft
>watches it
>wants to play modded minecraft now

Every. Fucking. Time.

i-il play with you!

Can i have some recommendations for things im missing from this pack no magic pls

Buildcraft

remove chickenchunks and replace it with dimensional anchors
dynamic surroundings causes some fps drops, but you can live with it.
pam's fatcraft is bloat, there are other comfier mods too, like AMT combined with it's sister mod, bamboomod.

maybe get AE2 stuff since you already have bdlib, it helps a lot.

also

AE2 is right there though?

>AE2 STUFF
It's a separate mod.
It adds a growth chamber, a less shit inscriber, and a few other things.

Ah i see, i wasn't aware that was a thing, sorry

it's missing a lot of 1.10 mods.

Not exactly sure why this happened.

To only these parts.

In only this chunk.

Its kinda done for now

Whats exactly happening?

The microblocks made from spruce here have somehow turned to darkwood.

Like an ID issue. But only to these parts, only in this chunk.

And that's one of the reasons why FMP is absolute shit.

Maybe that dem chunks is or is gonna be corrupted.

Everything else looks fine. :/

I'm assuming it's just an oddity.

Luckily not difficult at all to fix.

>this is now part of forge

one more reason to never update past 1.5

it got scrapped

Wait, it did?

I like the microblocks. :(

There's chisels and bits, which is far better than fmp anyway. They just dropped the plans for native support in forge. It only means more work for devs who want microblocks in their mods.

why scrapped?

iirc lex got rid of the guy working on it, but I'm scanning his twitter for something more concrete because I could be mistaken about the why.

they weren't going to use FMB but some other similarly named thing (and rebrand it FMB, because fuck logic) , i think

Any reccomendations or something I should add/remove?
Or is it good like that?

>lex singlehandedly making decisions that affect everyone
>he never actually knows what he's doing

why is that hateful racist piece of shit still in charge of anything

searching through his Twitter shows amazing lack of taste but he has his good moments mobile.twitter.com/LexManos/status/737944662200221696

where's the good moment? I just see rorax schooling him for getting butthurt.

It was, but it wasn't exposed to anything before 1.5 - redstone was treated as digital and the strength was solely an internal value.

Yeah, pretty much. I think Lex is still hurt about how ChickenBones's naming decision got him extra bug reports.

The primary reason for people moving to 1.5 was that Tinker's Construct was universally loved and mDiyo, in an attempt to force people to move away from 1.4.7, pulled the 1.4.7 Tinker's Construct build from most mirrors and claimed it never existed. A similar thing happened with 1.7.2, where Applied Energistics 2 convinced a lot of people to move away from 1.6.4.

People were only trapped on 1.2.5 and 1.4.7 because of RedPower 2. As for beta 1.7.3, were people ever really trapped on it? It's a fairly recent thing, I consider it a form of protest against Mojang's RPG-esque changes.

There's a Legacy Farms mod for 1.7.10.

>I'm saying that the mod community using it so long killed the growth of modded minecraft.

Yes and no.

The problem with 1.7.10 is that we actually have a few 1.7.10s. The most notable distinction is 1.7.10 pre-breaking-fluid-change and 1.7.10 post-breaking-fluid-change. We also have many breaking API changes in various mods. Effectively, this means some of the 1.7.10 mods not updated since late 2014 cannot be used in a recent modpack without effectively porting the mod anyway. Then we get things such as "Computronics crashes with Engineer's Toolbox because it bundles an outdated BuildCraft API". Back when updates were reasonably frequent, modders simply pushed as many breaking API changes as possible whenever the Minecraft version changed.

(continued)

Anyhow, there's less incentive for innovative mods when the most played packs are kitchen sinks with a heavily estabilished type of balance. Mods which don't fit that schematic are either ignored by players (if too complex relative to the norm) or by modpack makers (if too simple relative to the norm). In combination with modders being unwilling to cause major behaviour changes in the middle of a Minecraft version, this creates the stagnation.

>racist
>rorax virtue signaling his genderqueer politics is schooling

Are you fresh from reddit or is this just the old Veeky Forums "x is a shitty person so I'm going to do mental gymnastics to nullify anything that might show him in a remotely positive light"?

ded af

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong?
1.10 lags like a bitch, starting with 1.9.

Specifically when generating new chunks, but it still remains, to be noticed when fighting mobs.

My ram usage is never over 50%.
My processor is never near maxed out.

Youtubers dont seem to lag at all. So it seems fixable.

>tfw videocard died
>tfw having autism withdrawls because I can't play on magicserb

I wish TF machines placed directly next to each other transferred power. Why is that not a thing?