/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Know your polearms edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimyo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_honorifics#Dono.2Ftono
britannica.com/topic/daimyo
sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/address.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for wanting to die

First for what is Gekonewer?

Polehammer more like hammer poles

>Gekokujo
Then why did it stop being that? Isn't gekonewer based on gekokujo 3.1b?

>) I have no idea what that would be
Great lords are Damyo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimyo

The problem are the small lords. The ones that hold fiefs and such.
I don't think kuge fits, so maybe Bushi

polehammer more like rock on a stick

5th for BIG ONI BLADES

A user's geko submod

Weren't lords called Dono?

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

what about the dynasty warriors one or warwolf

I have brought shame upon myself.

>Isn't gekonewer based on gekokujo 3.1b?
Yes. That is why i called it GekoNewer since the original GekokujoNew not made by me was for 3.0.

see

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_honorifics#Dono.2Ftono
It seems it doesn't. Dono is just "milord", not a title on itself.

Technically, according to

Even the small vassals should be called Daimyo.

rock break sword but sword too longer
rock on stick longerer so it break sword
rock on stick best weapon

14th for spears

So gekokujo didn't use daimyo? What's the difference between GekokujoNew and gekonewer

depends on context
if freelancer code replaces existing native code you need to put things in the right place
otherwise putting stuff in the bottom is fine

exceptions are common/shared mission template triggers which are put at the top because they need to be defined before they can be used by mission templates

Rhodoks, Swadians, or Nords? can't decide

>Daimyo were classed according to their relationships to the shogun as kinsmen (shimpan), hereditary vassals (fudai), and less-trusted allies (tozama; meaning “outsiders”).

I think Fudai or Fudai Daimyo fits the smaller lords while great lords could be only Daimyo, Wonder how easy is to change that stuff myself.

>le i only play non-slavic western european meme
play vaegirs

Vaegirs a best

>slavs
eeeewwwwwwwwwww

>Great lords are Damyo
I know that. I just don't know what I would call them in game.
"Daimyo Oda"?

Don't think I've ever seen daimyo used in any of version of Geko or it's submods.

>What's the difference between GekokujoNew and gekonewer
As I said in GekokujoNew is for 3.0. Since the user that made that seems to be gone did TweakBro make it? I decided to re-make it for 3.1b. I also included the popular submod of GekokujoNew "Nipland Adventures" which adds in western assets so you do a PIC RELATED run. Unlike Nipland though the westerners in mine are 100% optional so you wont end up seeing them in AI lord parties.

Nords

>大名 vs daimyo vs great lord
why would you use the nip when you can use the translation, they mean the same thing
this ain't some shitty fansubbing thing where everything has to be in the """Original""" Romaji Nip
>TL: keikaku means plan

Thanks, I will try

>tired of swadia getting rekt before I can field even a decent army
>start new game
>they declare war on three people simultaneously, of course
>become a merc for them
>turn the difficulty down to the easiest
>defend their cities so they at least keep a couple of them
>let the wars end
>turn the difficulty back up

am I in the wrong here? i can't seem to keep swadia alive long enough for me to make a decent start of things otherwise

What are you talking about?
Could you try this post again but have it make sense?

"campaign AI" is actually "campaign difficulty"
if you have it on highest, whichever faction you join will get gimped by having 1/2 the recruitment rate and various other maluses
putting "campaign AI" on "Average" actually puts everyone on an even footing
it actually has nothing to do with AI decisionmaking, it has to do with how strong the AI factions are versus the faction you support
when you join them as a merc, if you don't have difficulty on Average you're actually gimping them unless you're actively destroying the enemy

Btw the generals in Ikko Ikki could be called Busho.
>"Daimyo Oda"?
Shit, I don't know. Oda Daimyo? Let me search for shit, see if I can find an answer.

I think it sounds better. Several characters already call you domo. In Inindo, in english, they also used Daimyo instead of using any other thing. It's like using "lord" instead of "emir" for arabs.

>Wait until they have 1 city/castle
>Support Lady Isola of Suno, true heir to the Throne of Butter
>King Harcuck btfo
>Obliterate other factions under your liege
Done and done.

He's saying "why use the Jap word (daimyo) when what we have in Gekokujo (Great Lord) works just fine"?

>on the daimyo versus Great Lord naming issue
Never use japanese names when you can use english names that mean the same thing
first rule of translation for non-weebs

>how to be a huge fag

>implying the largest fags don't get all the spoils

>i prefer filling the entire game with the Original Language until nobody can understand what the hell anything means
a weeb spotted in its natural habitat
daimyo and emir are fine because they are already used in english but Busho? who the hell knows what that means

>"why use the Jap word (daimyo) when what we have in Gekokujo (Great Lord) works just fine
Oh okay. That is a idea I can get behind!

Sounds great. One less stupid thing I have to do.

GekoNewer is for spreading the True Religion so the slanteyed heathens and letting them hear the Good Word not historical accuracy.

I think last name plus title is the right way.
Anyway there's shit here about it
sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/address.html

>arab lords are called "emirs"
>fuck I can't understand the game anymore
Quit being a drama queen

yeah i bet you love playing 1257 with all unit names being in latin too

Lord titles are far less severe than that.

This.

Nice slippery slope.

>waaah why are arabs called emirs I can't understand this

I'm starting to doubt I will find any usable assets in here.

>massive fat bags

dsgstng

With knockers like those she must be the siege device!
Anyone?

>he doesn't like massive fat bags

To each their own.

meh

>swadia always loses
>want to help swadia not lose
>don't like swadia's units and most of their lords look retarded

>dat spine

Daimyo doesn't technically mean Great Lord, it's short of Daimyoden which means Large - Personal Land aka "the holder of a large plot of personal land" aka a feudal lord.

>Never use japanese names when you can use english names that mean the same thing
Daimyo doesn't translate to Great Lord no matter how you spin it and titles usually get a pass - we don't call Shogun "general", despite that being exactly what it means.

Show Mima

>good word
>decided by popular vote and internal politics
>the Pope swings between being a devout guy who genuinely wants to Save the people and bumbling imbeciles who directly contradict the Bible to people who forge Roman documents for political bullshit to people who get excommunicated after death

This?

This looks horrible

Forget it, gekonewer guy is a lazy fag and the dumb american tapped his laziness

But it is what/who you were looking for?

>we don't call Shogun "general", despite that being exactly what it means.

It would be closer to "Commander-in-Chief", not "General".

pretty sure 名 means "surname," not "personal" and 大名 means "great family"
hence, great lord

Yep
Thanks for showing it

>The Japanese word daimyo is compounded from dai (“large”) and myō (for myōden, or “name-land,” meaning “private land”).

crazy japs and their abuse of kanji
"name-field/name-land" is the dumbest thing i've heard
still, that's pretty much what a Great Lord is, one that holds vast feudal estates

>random frenchies attacked again
>turkey heating up
bannerlord will die in 2016 with isis guys :(

All of them look horrible sadly. Even the better quality stuff.

Why do the chinks insist on having the inside/underside of things be invisible?

No, not really. Daimyos can hold really small amounts of land. It doesn't mean great lords at all. It's not even comparable.

because these assets are ripped from top-down games where the camera never allows you to see the underside/inside ever
you can right click the mesh in openBRF and select "backfaces 2x" or something to cover all the holes

Bannerlord will be completely finished and ready for release.

And then ISIS will attack, completely destroy all the Bannerlord data/info, meaning that even if someone survived, they would have to start from scratch.

Oh yeah? I'll five that a try and see what happens.

it really is though
the powerful daimyo is a great lord
the small daimyo is a lesser lord
it's literally feudalism and it's 1:1 translatable unless you're some nitpicking weeaboo who thinks keikaku doesn't mean plan because of some small nuances that noone gives a shit about

lets talk about 1257, who are the best archers on the game? what about the best infantry? or the best spearmen? or cavalry? (teutonic order duh) the best crossbowmen?

No, Myou does mean 'name', but it also implies privacy - that is, the land you have to your name.
A Daimyo is not a Great Lord.

将軍 literally means "commander of an army". It's short for "Sei-i Taishōgun (征夷大将軍?, "Commander-in-Chief of the Expeditionary Force Against the Barbarians"), the individual governing the country at various times in the history of Japan, ending when Tokugawa Yoshinobu relinquished the office to Emperor Meiji in 1867.", but we don't call it by the full japanese name, the full English name, or the shortened English name.

It's feudalism but daimyo neither translates to feudal lord nor does it translate to Great Lord.
>small daimyo is a lesser lord
Daimyo can never be vassals of other daimyo, and furthermore
>he Battle of Sekigahara in the year 1600 marked the beginning of the Edo period. Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu then reorganized roughly 200 daimyo and their territories into han, which were assessed by rice production. Those heading han assessed at 10,000 koku (50,000 bushels) or more were considered daimyo.
By Tokugawa it was literally defined by how rich you were.

vaegir marksmen
rhodok sharpshooters
rhodok sergeants
swadian knights
rhodok sharpshooters

>who are the best archers on the game?
wales
>what about the best infantry?
scandinavia for guisarmiers
scotland for pikemen
most factions are on par for spearmen
>or cavalry?
teutonic order
>the best crossbowmen?
genoa

>1257

>crossbowmen
I've found Arbalest women are actually pretty damn powerful.

Are the mongols worth anything
I've been playing as a mongol girl but I dunno how to really use their strengths
From what I can tell it's best to charge ahead and draw everyone out into a thin line before charging yourself.

>wales
wales as in welsh? what happen if...i don't know a certain kingdom is no more? i can't recruit their units anymore?

calradia is set in 1257

horse archers
tell the horse archers to charge and they'll circle around the enemy while shooting

No, it isn't.

And it isn't feudalism 1:1, jesus christ.

Epic

It didn't work for since it made all the backfacing black but it did work for PIC RELATED.

This is really bad. This means I'm going to have to go through Life50 again. There were some really decent armors I didn't use because of no backfacing. Maybe now i can use them.

So how do you find George's repeater?

>wales as in welsh?
yes
>what happen if...i don't know a certain kingdom is no more? i can't recruit their units anymore?
if you own land in their territory you can recruit welsh lances, there's also welsh mercenaries in english/welsh towns (dublin, aberffraw, york, chester, bristol, london, and bordeaux) you can recruit in lances though they aren't as powerful as regular welsh longbowmen

They keep getting caught by Polish lancers tho

then counter them with your mongolian lancers

but i'm not close to the welsh, tough thanks for the info ill go to scot for pikemen before they die to the ILL-khanate

>feudalism
>implying feudalism is the same everyone around the world
I bet you think China was a feudal society too
Also the thing about keikaku is that even in Japanese it literally means plan and translates to such, while Daimyo is both a title and doesn't translate to feudal lord.

But upkeep

you could head to bordeaux in france and hire some mercs

>Kreva castle
>in Livonia
wtf? should be north east of novgorodok, and minsk should be more south.

>being literal about shit
Lord literally means "loaf-eater," who gives a shit about nuances. it's not about direct perfect translations, it's about rough equivalencies in social roles between different societies. Nitpicking is meaningless, if you want your beloved jap vocabulary maybe you should just play a game in japanese?

Aw shit all I need now is a Godzilla asset.

>who gives a shit about nuances
People who actually give a shit about details aka non slobs.

>it's about rough equivalencies in social roles between different societies.
But daimyo isn't roughly equivalent to great lord.
Shit I don't even think "great lord" is a title.

>become strategist
>call the vassals
>we just declared on asakura
>rush to fucking Tsu with everything I got

>who gives a shit about nuances
Seeing as you lose literally nothing from using Daimyo since everyone knows that term and the people who care glean extra nuance, why does it matter?
>rough equivalencies
Because Shogun is roughly commander-in-chief right?
Piss off.

>get to the castle proper in the town
>room where enemies spawn
>everything turn to chaos
>busy wrecking shit left and right
>suddenly, realize there are only 5 of my guys left in the room
>oh shit
>make a run for the door
>spears start surrounding me
>some faggots in my way
>knock him down, out of the door
>skirmishers wear less armor so they catch up
>try to stab me but armor is too thick
>i run like a madman
>jump a few row of staris
>find the reinforcements
wew, that was a close one
Sieges can get pretty chaotic in this mod, it was fun as fuck

wonder why the dev didn't use the regular gate scripts and instead used that one

Never played a module that didn't have chokepoints. It has its advantages but it takes away some of the challenge too. The town had 400+ soldiers, we had 600+. We lost 100 and they lost the town. I didn't lose anyone.

What's that?

well normally in mods with breakable gates, or just general breakable shit, when you attack the object you see the health bar and usually the collision detection is better than the one in geko, since in geko the people behind the gate always end up getting murdered
but in the other one the weapon only damages the gate or it only sometimes actually hits people if you hit through one of the holes in a portcullis

>it's amazing how anime models can use so many polygons while still looking so shit
>anime isn't an excuse to use MS paint textures imo, especially since this game doesn't render cel shading or whatever the fuck cartoon styles use
If you can find a peice that someone actually took the time to texture properly they look can look alright.