/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

Not enough maids edition.

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

All the bullies should be gone now so it's free to funpost and waifupost again.

Waifuposters are the cancer thats killing Veeky Forums threads.

I hit the growth board top 30. I got a taste. I WANT MORE!

level 50 right now, should i buy the +15 gear that i apparently need or should i try and enhance my own armor to 15?

what is the best weapon/armor for tamer?

Thanks!

What Zodiac sign should I go for, and why is the general so fucking dead? There are objectively worse games on Veeky Forums that are alive all the time.

What the fuck happened?

wow this game died fast

People bullied waifu/fun-posters every time they posted something so they stopped posting after a while.

Well, those people should be bullied. Waifu posters are fucking cancer. If those were the only people who posted in this thread then it needs to be dead.

As for Zodiac I researched an apparently Goblin is the best one at the moment for easier access to Grunil gear.

dead waifus.

Yeah, thought about trying this but holy fuck.

I remember looking at the generals around the release and people talking about how it would revolutionize MMO's.

I'm in this game for the combat system and quality of life aspect of it. If you're into a more hardcore type of RPG in terms of gear and stats then games like WoW are certainly better. In fact I plan on joining WoW myself for Legion, but I'll still be playing this game as well.

But the general itself is only dead because waifu posters got put in their place, and knowing that I'm actually glad.

I was really hyped about the Ninja/Kuno release announcement I wanted to know if you guys were talking about this.. I couldn't find this thread.
It has been hours with no /bdog/ I don't know what other forums I should browse I love BDO :(

Any fun cute guilds playing on Jordine? All the Veeky Forums guilds are dead

Waifuposters != avatarfags

Sardine

Thread gonna die without a single Maid post.

I could post one.

Do it.

>If you're into a more hardcore type of RPG in terms of gear and stats then games like WoW are certainly better.

Why should I?

a-anyone? plz respond

I don't know what gear tamers should use, but it's nearly always better to enchant the gear yourself.

A mix of both, if you have a shit ton of stones try your luck, if you see a good price on the market, buy it.

Does the nude mod still work, and which of the cash shop clothes do I need to use?

OP is a maid post

will the +1 luck panties improve my chances of getting Relics from fishing?

It will mostly reduce your chances to fuck.

I was thinking about coming back to bdo, but then I see the threads are so dead. I couldn't even find one yesterday.

why did you quit?

Pls respond

Is it f2p yet?

luck reduces your chance of getting relics?

rip

luck? No, I don't think.
But there's plenty of way to get luck without buying forevervirgin virtual panties.

Don't listen to this guy
Enchanting is a pain and you're more than likely to spend more on enchanting by yourself than you'd spend on buying straight from the AH. Since everyone's pushing for +18 and onwards just buy Grunil/Heve which is pretty standard for Tamers

my friends bailed out. They all reached lvl 50 and I was 45. I guess they burnt out, because they stopped playing after that. Other than that, I couldn't get into the game, but I've been trying to get into it lately.

>tfw on Croxus and can't join one of the guilds over on Jordine

sent an email to the devs about server swapping and they said to keep an eye on the news etc, wonder when we'll get it

For Maehwa is there a specific underwear I should be aiming for?

Every time you post something that isn't gameplay related you get replied with bully post fishing for (You)s

I see no problem with this.

So if there isn't anything gameplay related to talk about, the thread just dies.

So be it, if tits, ass, and waifu's are the only thing keeping the thread alive it should die.

>breed tier 4 male and tier 3 female
>receive tier 6 female
>mfw

I didn't complain about the thread being dead. So it might should stay dead forever.

>posting his irl picture on the thread

ffs this thread doesn't come back to life for some days and already avatarfagging

What are you going to do about it?

Don't bait please.

>all Veeky Forums guilds are dead
>asks to join a guild on Veeky Forums

>they paid for this

How do you do that WWF dropkick move as a berserker? It's not falling or tackling rock, seems to be one of those "hidden" skills. saw it in a video but the guy didn't explain how he did it.

Fuck up littlefinger you smarmy cunt

>people are still playing this RNG cash grab

What guild on Jordine do you want to play with? All the Veeky Forums guilds are dead.

Nice meam pettanco and sardine are not dead

>DED GAEM

Sardine is an ERP guild with like 4 memeber and Pettan Co also only got like 5 active players.

How do you expect any Veeky Forums guilds to be active when the thread keeps dying.
Just find another one; but can't wait for the 20th hope people will come back

You're wrong but whatever

How am I wrong? Pettan Co barely got any members left to do anything and Sardine always been a small guild.

Neither of them are dead and sardine has more than 4 members. That's how you're wrong.

Eppu

lewd

Pettan Co has around 20 members that are still active.

>but can't wait for the 20th hope people will come back

>implying people would play this game again
>a game where if you stop playing you'll fall behind the infinite treadmill

Its a dead game, jim.

What's happening the 20th?

Ninja / Kuno releases !

So because you fall behind the "infinite treadmill" you can't play the game for fun and people will not come back to try the new classes?
Not everyone plays an MMO to be DA BEST, some enjoy the atmosphere and stuff, me included.
And all the people who has invested money etc in this game will never quit anyways, so a MMO can never be dead.

I played an mmo like this once, think it was called farmville.

>"infinite treadmill"
Not sure why you're quoting that. Its a real issue with the game. A lot of people quit when Velencia came out, because they were just starting to catch up to people, and now they are left behind even further, and the RNG gods will be sure to smite them on upgrades.

Not much to do in this game broseph, everything you do is a means to make money, nothing is for the pure pleasure of it.

And a game that is so focused on PvP, it has some of the worst I've seen. Accuracy in an action rpg? Were they fucking retarded?

All of the geared players in Pettan co has already left because it's to dead and more are leaving now and then. The doesn't need get any new members and just more and more are leaving.

So what MMO "does it right" then?
People tend to say that this genre is dead but I'm sure a lot of people are found of the MMO and having fun, too.

>So what MMO "does it right" then?
Darkfall does PvP right.
Ultima Online does PvP right.
Theres actually a risk/reward for PvP, making it fun and exciting, and its skill based, as opposed to the person who has the highest gear wins.

>People tend to say that this genre is dead but I'm sure a lot of people are found of the MMO and having fun, too.
Thats fine man, if you actually enjoy the game, good for you. Nothing wrong with that.
But this game has a lot of issues, and because of that, players are leaving, more than they are coming in, and it'll only get worse over time.

I still play Ultima Online to this day, and that game is practically dead, and it has a lot of issues as well, but I still enjoy it.

F2P when?

never

Can I bum a guest pass off this thread?

I assumed that once paying money for the actual game comes into play Korean styled RNG cash lottery would be either non-existent or much lower compared to how it would be with Freemium.

Just how bad is the RNG cash grab compared to the F2P Freemium system of other games? Keep in mind that I'm well aware of how end game freemium shit can get having playing DFO.

You can't actually pay to avoid the RNG.
Instead, you but little trinkets and jewlery to help you with RNG.

RNG is really fucking bad in this game, its worse than a freemium korean game. You'll spend 90% of the game trying to make money to recover from your bad RNG.

You can thread a guest pass off this bum

thanks senpai

don't die

if it was true freemium kr game it would delete your weapon past +15
then cash shop would sell you solution to that deletion

I'm having fun with the PVE and questing in this game because I've never played it before and am still low level. When I want to start getting into end-game PVE just how expensive will it be go properly gear up to clear end-game content?

With DFO you'd literally have to spend hundreds if not thousands of real cash to make farming for epics not take literal months if not longer.

Not trying to fish for (You)s or anything but these kinds of arguments are the reasons most of us don't give a shit about the thread anymore. I still remember the NA drama memes and shit but, now every thread is just baiting or bullying about ded gaem and memeing other guilds.

I just bought this game on a whim. What server should I play on or are they roughly equally populated?

NA: Edan, or Orwen if you plan to E/RP
EU: Jordine

How do you recognize female giant?

Look for the biggest penis

I'd really like an answer to this.

It will take some time to be able to clear the "hardest" mobs, but not way too long.

daily reminder people in Sardine the EU guild, will shitpost about you behind your back and then lie right to your face when you ask about it

>daily reminder
>the thread didn't exist for a week

I actually loled.

>Eppu quits
>the thread dies
lmao

Reinstalling the game for first time in months

Since I am sure that Yotsuba Corp has kicked me by now, are there any Veeky Forums guilds accepting members without bullshit requirements like +2000000 gear and max level

>has kicked me by now
Yotsuba Corp kicked itself

YC was the first one to die, IC died like a week ago (they merged with ManUp)

Why did they die out?

>tfw will never have moments like this with YC again because they went full autismo pvp guild and are dead now

>why
it didn't help having someone retarded as leader

it should have either been a serious guild or comfy guild

flopping back and forth is what made people leave and eventually killed it

also tobias attitude towards leading was really pathetic, so I am not surprised it breed even more pathetic guild members, pic related

I mean come on;
>taking shitposting seriously
>taking the game seriously
>calling leading the guild a job when all he did was fish

literally L O L, the guild was doomed to begin with when tobias couldn't even lead a raid group(only ten people) in guildwars 2

>With DFO you'd literally have to spend hundreds if not thousands of real cash to make farming for epics not take literal months if not longer.

DFO didn't have a cash shop, so what the fuck are you talking about?
It was an oldschool sub style game, like WoW, or Everquest.
Also, DFO getting top gear didn't take too long at all, a private server just relaunched, and a group already is able to make inferno armour.

>When I want to start getting into end-game PVE just how expensive will it be go properly gear up to clear end-game content?

You'll need to be fully geared to clear end game content. To give you an idea of the cost.

A good PvE weapon (not the best) is a Yuria. To buy that at +15, it costs around 20-30 million. Prices might have dropped since last update, but I've stopped playing, so I'm not sure.
Now, you have to get every single armour piece to +15, so its around that cost for each armour piece.
Then you need your jewelry, which is even more expensive if you want the pri version of it.

But wait, THERES MORE!
They released +20, so if you want to be viable for world bosses, you'll need that shit too, and the new content will require that better gear. That shit is so expensive, only the top guilds have it. It'll cost hundreds of millions for a single thing, maybe even more.

Now, you CAN fight mobs without the absolute best gear. It'll take a long ass time, and it'll be hard, but it should be doable. You'll need at least +15 everything though.
The problem is this game is 100% gear dependent. Play skills/level don't do much in PvE, just your accuracy rating.