Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Rank 8 Mage preview:
tos.nexon.com/community/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=37

Previously on /tosg/: >Can I play the game now?
YES YOU CAN (Get it on steam!)

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is an action MMORPG with a lot of classes, cute hats and autism grinding.

>Add-ons:
github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

>Cards List:
pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n

>English patch for kTOS
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/general-ktest-thread/124575/645

>Servers
- kTOS - Server : Vakarine (Upside down "A" in gookspeak)
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA), Fedimian (EU), Telsiai (SEA)

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>/tosg/ Guilds info
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Silute, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.
>Klaipeda
Futureproof (Lolipan)
Clover (Karga)
Cake (DeliciousCake)
cute ( )
CuteNotLewd (Plasmagica)
Empire (Louvain)
FOE(Jinsae)
>Orsha
Kotatsu (Colyo)
>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)
>Telsiai
Comfy (Katzenberg)

Cookie Cutter Guide :
>Wizard and Archer still unedited, Discuss in thread before using
pastebin.com/aGk6Ku7c

Other urls found in this thread:

tos.nexon.com/community/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=37
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=518
pastebin.com/wLVjKNP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I LOVE TALT!

>Rank 8 Mage preview:
>tos.nexon.com/community/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=37
change that too
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=518

lose weight

Can these r8 classes even save this game?

/Ohayou/ when?

Daoshi secret class info when!?

c2 Falconbro, one more question:

Did you tried Sonic Strike at duels? I know that Hovering is capable of psychokino levels of chain-knockdown bullshit if there's not enemy pet and no pain barrier involved, but regarding sonic strike vs plate armor people, can we deal at least some 20k damage or so?

Circle 9 is making me conscious of my Circle 8 class choice

>allow to expand aoes
>allow to double stuff like fireballs

Reminds when they implemented fucking Pandemic, people thought "holy shit, spread swell/reincarnation/exorcism" then BAM, fucking only Frozen, Hexing and Sleep.

Also any explanation on possible enchant effects?

tfw we get rank 8 in 3 months when the game has 2,000 players left.

tippest kok.

I like it, user.

Are the party quests at the Mercenary post bugged if you do them with a party? Or were the bugged party quests people were talking about before different?

Any party with cut-scenes will bug out the other guy. Work around is to have him far away so the system teleports him.

I wish this game had % achievements for level. So people would see that most people drop the game around level 180~

>only Frozen, Hexing and Sleep
Play the game.

pastebin.com/wLVjKNP4

New player here. I've been looking up various builds, but I can't figure out how to build my character. All I know is that I want Kabbalist and don't like Priest.

Can anybody please help?

cleric3pala3kabbatats

I see, thanks. Can you somehow just turn off cut scenes/events? Looking at the party settings, it doesn't seem like you could.

Krivis3 Pardoner Cleric2

This is true. I talk to more casual people and they get bored before r7. Another rank doesn't fix how boring this game can be.

Cleric C2 Priest 3 Oracle 1 Kabbalist.

Diev 3 Cleric 2 also seems like a solid choice

Because you don't need an aoe knockback. No one wants an aoe knockback. Maybe if you're below lvl100, or for pvp, but if you use an aoe knockback in a pve party setting you're just getting to get people mad.

Sonic strike got added debuffs, but it only seems to last 3 secs, can't tell how effective it is cause we don't have it yet.

Like I said earlier, falconer is listed as a support class but only has 1 support skill. An aoe knockback is NOT a support skill, and it also does nothing on mobs that can't be knockedback. Pheasant is purely a damage skill. Also falconer's icon is red which is the color they use for damage classes.

It's not a bad class, just badly balanced for the rank it's in for the reasons I already listed above. It is definately NOT a support class though. Not until we get the sonic strike buffs maybe.

Nope I didn't, I haven't done any pvp with falconer 2 yet, hovering will probably knock your target out of it's range after 2 hits, that's how it is in PVE, so it's probably bad for chain-knockdown.

I haven't really tested out sonic strike's damage yet but it doesn't seem like a true multihit but it seems to have a hidden multiplier, like maybe how cata's charge skills work. I've gotten a wide range of numbers on sonic strike listed in my journal, anywhere between 4k to 15k on ground mobs but I never kept track of whether they were plate or not.

I'm not even sure if it is just casuals, but everyone I used to play with at levels 100~ already dropped on 186 reset. I'm currently 220 and everyone I see are the same people, nobody new and whatnot. Creates a quite comfy community but it scares me since this was the same on private servers.

No option.

so what happen if I watered the hamster with this?

what happens at level 180?

+1 Gerbil

Pandemic was such a letdown, can't even spread your own Incineration which you'd think would be your basic combo.
But hey, at least I can spread Ignition's burn and wugu's poison for 500 per tick.

It'll get wet.

Oh forgot to add, sonic strike comes out really fast, but you still need to target a location, which means you can be interrupted during the "select location" targeting if you take damage. You'll need to have a stationary target whether with CC or not to hit reliably in pvp unless you're point blank and just tap the key. Might still miss on moving targets.

Beats me. I assume it is the XP wall and a lot of people already did daily missions, quests and dungeons 99999 times.

I'm currently 220 struggling to find reason to play. I want to drop but I have guildies who are fun to play with.

Pheasant is useful on solo pve if you have other means of inflicting damage (basically, if you aren't falc2), don't know how useful it is on pvp.

Even if you say it isn't a support class, it really is designed as such, specially for a loner. Pheasant is shit for damage, but useful when you need knockback, Circling is great support, Hanging is extremely useful when you need to skedaddle or get to an objective faster, Hovering is your damage skill while Call and Roost's usage depends on the situation. That's why I believe the debuffs for Sonic seem to be a step on the right way, something that would really be great for falconer would be a reduction of cd on most skills, too

Which one would you rather have?

a peltasa that taunts then holds C for 7 seconds?

or a highlanders that taunts then holds catar stroke for 7 seconds?

>tfw still no Archer c8 info

4 fireballs

You mean a highlander who charges it, gets knocked back, and charges it again?

As long as neither are moving around I don't care, they're doing the same amount of damage.

Highlander, if Catar Stroke keeps aggro

Sage is going to make icewall deals double damage, that way i can get it on my runecaster build, i can feel it!

>The skill Micro Dimension attacks opponents with small distorted fragments of space and it can have a replicating duplicate attribute. The number of duplicates grows with the skill level.
>number of duplicates grows with the skill level
10 fireballs?!

No, sage will double the amount ofwalls you have to hit, which would be most likely badly positioned, if the skill even works with ice walls

oh boy, a new gimmick build, this time with 100% more chance of being useless in anything with other players due to rain

what are you talking about? cartar charging is not affected by knockback, you may get knocked back but charging dont reset back to 0, you charge as you fly

It will bring you warmth and happiness and that thing you want will drop!

You can kite mobs in this game, so you don't need knockback, ever. There's a reason why cata's turn off knockback on earth wave and wizards don't use earthquake ever. Yes, they have 1 point in it for oh shit moments, but that's all it's good for. Pheasant takes a long time to activate so you can't even use it as an oh shit moment like earthquake.

Do you actually play a falconer or are you talking about it based on what you read? The only reason people consider falconer a support class is because the only none terrible skill it has is a support skill, circling, and it's not even extremely OP, it's just good.

Again, no one ever wants knockback skills ever, unless you're a low level. Hanging locks you into place for a second or two so you can't even use it as an escape emchanism. Hovering is extremely bad damage that has it's own targeting AI.

I don't think you should be talking about the class if you haven't actually experienced using the skills yourself and it's very obvious you don't play it.

Play the game.

Wow, you're cute.

have you?

Man, this is really putting me off on taking the circle myself at c6.
I'd rather take a circle in SR that will generally be useless than something that's going to be ass to use.

>other players
kek

It looks angry.

>Alchs getting Transmogs, more items to craft and homs.

What rod should I get as a 225 alchemist?

What did you expect for a class that is SUPPOSED to CRAFT items?

s corna

>tfw Alchemist isn't a battle crafting class that fucks with the enemy
Only reason I haven't made one is because it's merely a potion bitch class.

Pyro3 Chrono3

Fireball fireball Dimension
Pass
Repeat

12 fireballs?

>while Call and Roost's usage depends on the situation
I just reread this part. You obviously don't know anything about falconer at all. Call's usage does not "depend on the situation", you are REQUIRED to use it after every skill if you ever want to use another skill again.

Don't give input based on your theorycraft, you'll just mislead other players.

The class itself isn't bad, just badly balanced. The restrictions can be worked with, just that they never gave anything to make up for the restrictions it has to deal with. I chalk it up to bad balance and if they actually balance it properly for the rank it's in, it'll be fine.

How upset do you think this guy was when the realization sunk in?

Nothing, I expected IMC to gloss over Alchemist crafting or moving shit to C3 and nuking the class. Hell I was pretty sure we'd be nuked because classes like Pardoners got no new spellshop/scrolls with bonus circles and Squire too didn't get anything relevant for their C3 except more levels for their C1/C2 spells.

Does anyone have any idea what inquisitor, Daoshi or mergen do?

Equally upset as the guy who slotted his running shot gem into his didel

they build hope and then let you down

This is probably worse.

Let me guess, multiples don't stack in the same gear slot?

I'm already dealing with one sometimes painful to use circle though, plus I completely lack in AoE attack ratio, so multi isn't going to be all that great for me with circling.

If Dimension 5 replicates FIVE times, that would be 60 fireballs!

Wait for next week, unless they decide to show of swordies you should at least see one of those.

>multiples don't stack in the same gear slot?
they dont stack in any item

Inquisitor probably holy damage, silence and magic resistance. Physical damage.
Daoshi magic elemental damage, can panic ressurect allies if needed, uses consumables of amulets.
Mergen is supposed to be a mounted archer, but some people think it will be based on the divinity that uses bow & cavalry. either way expect mergen to be the 2h bow mounted class while hackapell is the crossbow mounted class.

Ouch.

>either way expect mergen to be the 2h bow mounted class while hackapell is the crossbow mounted class.
Please no.

>two mounted classes in the same rank
Yeah, no.

Throw pots to heal (hp/sp) and buff (crit/mamp/block) party!

anything more than 4 fireballs won't even be hitting your enemy.

Don't forget.
>Two mounted classes in the same rank along with c3 in yet another mounted class (which is crossbow using anyways, so hackapell can't be).

>No mention of throwing pots to debuff/damage enemies or anything not related purely to pots

Sorry, I never saw the development whitepapers they released where they specified that they would never release two mounted classes on the same rank.

Daoshi is going to be the secret class wiz damage option for R8 since both sage and enchanter are both probably being classed as support. Are there any ranks of a class with both options being support? Other than clerics and even then one is clearly the damage option.

Are there any Doppel2 here in tosg that is online? i want to ask something

>Hovering is your damage skill
Also just to clarify for people who don't know.

Hovering does 8 instances of damage over 19 secs with both duration and attack speed increase attribute. That's more than 2 secs inbetween each tick. Fletcher's broadhead arrow's bleed DoT as well as most if not all other DoT skills, ticks every 0.5 secs. Not to mention 15 broadhead has higher skill damage than 10 hovering, and broadhead is 1 rank lower than hovering.

Hovering also has it's own targeting AI, which means it can hit everything and anything in his range, which means boss traps and caltrops. It also has a knockback which you can't turn off and it will knock mobs out of it's range in 1-2 hits so you can't even use it for good single target damage on anything that can be knocked back. Hovering is pretty much a drop on boss and pray they don't summon traps skill.

>plus I completely lack in AoE attack ratio, so multi isn't going to be all that great for me with circling.
Circling makes it so multishot can hit everything with 0 aoe attack ratio as long as circling reduces the mobs aoe def ratio to 0 as well. 4 circling is enough for this, including bosses. That's how it currently is in itos, not sure if this will change with the ktos patch merges. Also vubbe gaunts are cheap.

Rolling for a new character.

0-3 Cleric
4-6 Swordsman
7-9 Wizard

>Two mounted classes in the same rank along with c3 in yet another mounted class (which is crossbow using anyways, so hackapell can't be).

You're right, I'm sorry for being wrong. Hackapell isn't a dagger crossbow class.

Explain?

Ops 2nd part was meant to reply to

>Enchanters can now craft Haste and Pass scrolls
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CHRONOS?

enjoy being useless from now until the end of time

;_; Th-thanks.

>be hunter
>both new rank 8 archer classes are mounted
HELL NO

They make money while still being able to get into parties

You're right. Daoshi is Wizard R8 hidden class, despite the costume files being changed for it being cler_daoshi. Sorry for posting misinformation.

I wonder if sages will be able to affect skills other than mage skills, like archer traps and making giant saftey zones.

>rank 8
>No archer hidden class
>No lightning magic

Thinking about starting playing but hard choice what is the most friendly to a person not trying to spend $$$ on this game
maybe priest for revive? is archer still attribute intensive I heard it is good for solo

They become enchanters?

archer_f_bow_skl_TrickShot.xml {Sound only}
archer_f_thb_skl_TrickShot.xml {full animation}
archer_f_thb_skl_arrowrain.xml {full animation}
archer_f_thb_skl_focusfire.xml {full animation}
archer_f_thb_skl_quickfire.xml {full animation}
archer_f_thb_skl_unload.xml {full animation}

cleric_f_mns_skl_darksight.xml {Sound only}
cleric_f_mns_skl_entrenchment.xml {Sound only}
cleric_f_mns_skl_hiddenpotential.xml {Sound only}
cleric_f_mns_skl_hurling.xml {Sound only}
cleric_f_mns_skl_stormcalling.xml {Sound only}

warrior_f_sms_skl_EvadeThrust.xml {full animation}
warrior_f_sms_skl_FrenziedSlash.xml {full animation}
warrior_f_sms_skl_HeadButt.xml {full animation}
warrior_f_sms_skl_Takedown.xml {full animation}

>cleric_f_mns_skl_stormcalling.xml {Sound only}

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just watch murmillo getting a strike skill on a 5s cd dealing 25 hits per cast with 2k base.

power of GOD

>guildies told me to check news about alch3
Oh great!
>no mention of pot skills
Oh well, I hope homunculus AI isn't bad. It will be.