/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>Ana "Legacy" Comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/legacy

¿QUIEN ES SOMBRA?

can't wake up

Ana is
>secondary support
>burst healer
>only somewhat vulnerable at close range
>best when paired up with tanks/flankers

anything else?

you're question mark is upside down mate

Would you let Mei freeze and headshot you IRL?

When's the update going live?

Take your medicine

vampire character

passive: see enemies who have half health remaining and less + able to climb walls

wepon 1 - big shotgun for kill people
wepon 2 - i dont know, claws, they have different effect......

shift - fly over to enemy player
E - steal life from your enemy over time as long as they are in line of sight

ult - idk, become big buff vampire guy........ or summon a pack of hungry hounds....... iDK!

vampire char is from romania/germany...... and there should be a romania/germany map with scary forest and scary castle

and after vampire character release... they should release vampire hunter with crossbow

in 2 weeks

would yo bury face in her sweaty armpit?

>tfw stuck in the 40 skill bracket forever

It's going to take a miracle and a 12 game win streak to break out of this hell

Shuts down a reasonable amount of ults with sleepy time

as with all thing Blizzard:

soon™

She can be primary support.

She is broke as fuck, mate.

Shit.
Take a better vampire.
So it's this super hot skinny big boobyed chick dressed in all black leather like in Blad 2 and she uses a shotgun. She can fire a dart with a line attached to it that works like one of Zenyatta's orbs in that you have to maintain sightline to the target and it deals constant, but low, damage while self-healing. Has an ability to turn into a swarm of bats. Can reverse a target's controls briefly. And her ult can...make her temporarily invincible maybe?

Only if she does naughty things with my dead body

Who's your favorite character to play as, and why?

What character do you most hate seeing on the other team when playing your favorite?

When they finish butchering Zenyatta.

hitting you with a nana boost

genji
winston

mercy. genji, because even if they're shit tier genjis they will cut down me first when they ult.

It depends.
Winston is fun as fuck when you're doing good with him but he's countered by pretty much everybody.

so i can't be the only one who wants a petition to get junkrat removed from the game entirely?

nope, i wouldnt. dva is one of the most disgusting characters blizzard have designed in all of their video games. if she existed and if i happened to be with her in isolation, i would grab a knife and send it flying into her face, then i would grab an axe and chop off her limbs, then her head, pull out her guts and scatter it across the area. there is no other social activity worth engaging in with this being

Why would you "break out" of it? You are a shitter that belongs there.

its drunk

>get first legendary in forever
>it's Frogston

Anyone got the golden weapons already?

68 comp coins, if they are season-only, I don't even expect to get anything.

No you wouldn't.

Characters I like in order that I want to play them:
Toblerone
Junkrat
Soldier 76
McCree
Zarya
Lucio

Characters in order of average usefulness every game if I chose to main them:
Lucio
Zarya
McCree
Soldier 76
Junkrat
Toblerone

Hanzo.

I don't know why, but his slow fire rate makes it way more satisfying to shoot people. Also scattershot is fun even when it does almost nothing. Also seeing through walls fuck yeah. Also getting play of the game literally for free without even putting yourself in danger.

There's a lot of heroes that fuck my shit, though. I don't know if I'm garbage, or if he's garbage, or a combination of both, but I rarely have good games as him.

gold wepons suck
90% of the legendaries in this game suck, regular skins are better

Widowmaker because headshots and hot voicelines.

Winston

>Buff transcendance healing
>Give sanic speed to trascendance
>Buff right click so its actually useful

>In return tone down the bullshit levels of discord from 50% to 30% to compare it to mercy's damage boost
>And nerf left click from 45 to 40 so the alt-fire actually makes sense for once

>But most importantly, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SHIELD POINTS

Zenny's gonna be dope asf

t. poor and unskilled

level 200+ player here

I just reverted all my skins back to the defaults because they look the best. Legendary skins are TF2 clown shit.

Legendaries are good on some heroes

But true patricians recognize the true artform that is Epic skins

RANK 42 CURRENTLY GOING DOWN.

WOOOOOOOOO.

Here's an idea:

A character based around life. Not like Mercy though.

They'd be based around keeping themselves alive, so healing themselves, buffing themselves, Ect.

Passive: Slowly drains enemies health when close to them. Only a little though, like maybe one per second or something I don't know.

Weapon: A cross bow? I'm not really sure what would be suitable for the character.
Left Click: Normal single shot. Takes a little time to reload inbetween each shot.
Right Click: N/A

Shift: Heals the player a little. Like Road Hog's healing ability, but not as strong.
E: N/A?

ULT: It makes it so that any damage dealt by the player or allies near the player is given to the dealers as health. If someone is killed when the ability is activated then the dealer's health is fully restored.

Is this any good guys? Is there anything that could be improved or changed completely to make the idea better?

I know how to make this game appeal to casuals even more. Let's make headshots count as bodyshots. This way, you're not rewarded for being better than other people at the game.

because I'm supposed to carry freshly budded level 25s who only play one character because they haven't played long enough to be competent at anything else, right?

I've played a ton of games just as a healer trying to keep these shit heads alive. Are you going to fault me for not keeping them healed or them for being inept bullet sponges who won't stop taking damage and won't output any.

Overwatch is a team game and if members of a team aren't proficient enough to pull their weight, the unit as a whole will suffer and the individual will have to face that consequence in matchmaking

>enemy team doesn't have a single guy under level 100
>my team has 3 people under level 30
Thanks forced 50

You've got about 25% of a character design there champ so why dont you finish it off and get back to us

no

>that winston who will never let you get a fucking healthpack

>feeleroni fettucini alfredo when the ten-loss streak has ended

Ana's rifle doesnt headshot because they wanted players to be focused on actually being a support rather than getting sick 360 headshot kills

>le coinflips deciding matches
>ur low rank cause ur shitter

man I play support it's out of my fucking hands most of the time

>Who's your favorite character to play as, and why?
based lucio bro

>What character do you most hate seeing on the other team when playing your favorite?
mei

>25%
more like 10%, you don't even have any kind of concept or feel for the character side from "I want a self heal because finding health packs is hard"

yeah most if not all epic skins look nicer than the legendaries

And if you're good enough to get headshots? You should be penalized because other people are bad?

if youre good enough to get headshots you should be playing widowmaker

>Name
Ó Fiachra
>Concept
An Irish bounty hunter, which is why his name is Gaelic for "of the hunt"
>Looks
White man, medium length red hair, mutton chops, wearing futuristic body armor underneath open leather jacket, techy looking gauntlets over sleeves, has one of those saiyan scouter things S76 Origins skin has. Has manacled on belt and a baton/billy club available for melee
>Class
Defense(?)
>Weapon Primary
Concussion Carbine: Projectile, impact radius+knockback, no damage, automatic, 20 rounds
>Skill one
Cluster Grenade: 6-second cooldown, projectile, impact radius slightly larger than Pharah's missiles/Junkrat's grenades, 120 damage, bonus damage to trapped/stunned/frozen/pinned enemies
>Skill two
Net Launcher: Projectile, traps/stuns target for 2 seconds, 7 second cooldown
>Skill tree
Toxin Dart: Projectile, blinds target for three seconds and deals 100 damage over five seconds
>Ultimate
Lil Buddy: Robot pal flies out and fires bolasor large airburst. Targeted, wide burst, pins those caught in burst for four seconds

*tips*

no matter how good you are, getting headshots requires time and focus on the enemy which costs you time and focus on your allies who you're actually supposed to be focused on when playing a support.

She should be able to get headshot heals on her allies

The weapon was never meant to get headshots. You're not being "penalized" for anything you dipshit.

>I'm good enough to get headshots with Pharah's rockets
>WHY IS BLIZZ PENALIZING ME

no, she shouldnt
keeping healing consistent is the only way to keep supports balanced

What if heroes could switch out one ability for another?

Like they offer alternate builds. Tracer with a different ultimate, or something.

yes, let's follow tf2's example of making every class capable of dealing with any situation.

Give gorilla moon base map with environmental hazards of flying off into space

>Overwatch is now playable
Why does Battle.net keep lying to me

Slippery slope isn't a valid argument, user.

a valid argument would be "abilities are not balanced with anything other than the heroes they were designed for" but calling you stupid is easier

Guess we better remove ults then

Battlenet ID?
The less retards on my team, the better.

I want to switch her ultimate with winstons

Imagine Tracer growing 5 times bigger and smashing shit

too autist for that sry

Ana's rifle doesnt and will not ever headshot
live with it

Do you really want to be stuck in this hell forever?
>start winning
>get paired with leavers 3 matches in a row and immediately get dragged back down

Should the Mcree buff stay as it is on the PTR?

Personally I'd prefer if they toned it down a little bit and made fth slightly better at the same time. It's pretty useless at the moment.

I didn't mean trade one heroes abilities with another hero. Just alternative options. Tracer 1 and Tracer 2, one which has the current Q and one which has some new Q, for example. Or maybe adjust E instead of Q. Whatever. Both options are always designed for the same hero otherwise.

See? When you use words, understanding is possible.

Shit I can't land but everyone else can:
Tracer's ult
Roadhog's hook
Genji's ninja stars
Widowmaker's shots

How the fuck do you do it?

Nice you totally repaired your retarded and contradictory opinion on game design with that one

They did that in early beta

They had a talent tree like WoW, where you picked talents as you leveled up (Rather than it just being loot boxes) and IIRC you leveled up each hero individually

They didnt like it because at a glance you couldnt tell if a reaper had one ability or another, for example:

>Certain talent has reaper passively heal back to full when he wraith forms
>You have no idea if he can do it at a glance

Something tells me you're a little more experienced in this sort of thing that me.

>In return tone down the bullshit levels of discord from 50% to 30% to compare it to mercy's damage boost

What? I heard about the damage reduction but if they do that aswell, they may as well remove him from the game.

>these queue times on PTR

please I hid want to play Ana

That's actually a very good argument.

It's an extreme example, but yeah, that makes sense.

It probably won't.

There isnt a single ult that changes the way supports heal, unless you're referring to Zenyatta's ult which only lasts for 8 seconds and always heals at a consistent rate

or youre just using "remove ults" as a blanket term for "i know more about game design than the blizzard devs" I couldnt tell since your post was so vague

>calibrated at 50
>mostly play 76
>54 in two hours
At what level you're considered above average /owg/ ?

>genji's ass
eww

practice. roadhog takes some getting used to because the range of his hook and m2 aren't intuitive and need to be learnt.

When you do something with your life besides play a children's colorful shooty game

>above average
Rank 50 is Top 49%, so it's literally above average.

Now, if you want to know at which rank the ME OOGA TEAM BOOGA stops, the answer is clear rank 107

65+

>tfw your friend is 75 SR playing only zarya and soldier in ranked
should i learn zarya? i'm already quite good with soldier. 70 SR myself

i'm not a good player so it's me booga most of the time.
thanks
but user i'm a NEET who doesn't have anything to do besides videogames

>install two new case fans
>suddenly my temps aren't at 80C

Is this game worth my money? All my friends play it and I want to play with them but I kind of hate shooters

Ok but what about a dog with a gun hastily taped to its back

M1: bark (sometimes the gun fires off on accident when you bark)
M2: tail wag (does 2 damage to anything immediately behind you)
Shift: Dig
E: the tape wears off and the gun falls off your back and you can't use it anymore
Ult: Roll over and play dead (trick the enemy team into thinking you're dead)

It's more like a Moba than like CoD.

you can play Mercy/Lucio/Any Tank and not be a detriment to your team

If you like your friends then play it with them, half the characters require zero aiming, just play those.

>Play some ranked with a friend
>Get matches up wih a 6 man premade with an average rating of 81
>Our team average is 59
>Their Genji is rank 270 and has golden weapons

Nice matchmaking Blizzard

it's the shooter for people who don't like shooters, i'd give it a try if you have monies.