>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>Shilling an unfinished Beastmen DLC
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

OLD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kaeCyXX3zg0
youtube.com/watch?v=jxBKgOyMzSc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

W H E N
H
E
N

the helmetless versions look gay, they are like smaller manfreds

no bully!!!

Blood Knights are absurd. I had a unit of them take down Archaon by themselves. Well, I did have to cast invocation of nehek on them one or twice, but still.

>smaller Mannfreds
I guess you could say they're mannfredlets

>people wondering why beastmen before skaven or elves

It's quite simple actually

Everybody is crying that the game lacks factions, and also that their favorite army is still absent from the game.

CA is giving us Beastmen, then Wood elves, then Bretonnia, then Tomb kings

Those 4 are the least played/liked armies of Warhammer. CA is giving us those 4 first so we pay for them, not because we like them, but to make the game more varied.

If they already gave us Skaven, Lizardmen or Daemons, poeple would be "yeah, no, fuck that shitty army, I've the ones that I like"

But now, Beastmen are getting more attention than they never had before, just because it's a new race in a game that lack contents

+ By giving the favorites armies the last, we keep our eyes on the game. Nobody would give a shit about beastmen if they were the last DLC, just like what happened with the greek colony DLC for Rome II

>that cartoony, unweathered armour

Disgusting.

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Never. Like with Krell, you have to rename a hero to have that character.

So Tzeentch felt like fucking with you and cast an illusion spell on you that makes you looks like a deamon, then he just teleport you to the middle of Altdorf at broad daylight. How long do you survive?

To make things fair, he promised to tape it and post it on youtube so everyone can have a jolly good time, also you can take all the stuff you currently have on you.

>most expensive cavalry unit in the game
>somehow strange that they're good

If you cast Invocation on them twice, you effectively doubled their value. Them taking on Archaon is nothing strange.

weren't we supposd to get the first new race free??????????????

Werent we promised a free dlc

im confuse

So since some Trolls also stopped giving a fuck and just joined Orcs are there some beastmen that tag along the Orcs aswell?

I know its because Trolls are retarded as fuck but Beastmen arent that much smarter.

But Gené looks nothing like that user.

yea, wht ever happened to this

reeeee

The new map looks kind of comfy with this much forests. I don't really want to buy it because I think it's too expensive but it looks interesting. What do?

That's happening though, amber wizard and beast lore.

Lore of Beasts summons a Manticore, Lore of the Wild summons a Cygor.

That's just the free stuff, it doesn't take in to account the paid DLC that's being released alongside it. They said this from the start

Who will be the next LL I wonder, and if bret are apparently coming out by the end of the year does that mean we get more than monthly updates?

By the looks of it we have to wait 6 months for bretonia from release.

Literally not happening don't defend them you goy

it's releasing in order, dum dums.
We've already gotten blood knights, and a new wizard and lore of magic is coming next when Beastmans come out. The free race pack wont be released till much later and there will be much paid dlc before then.

Wait until you hear some feedback on it

Beastmen are actually pretty smart, in a feral way. Each and every one of them is born with a devotion to Chaos, so they basically never don't serve it.

Trolls often fall in line with Chaos, but they don't have the same bond so do other things as well.

Orcs are, oddly enough, one of the more multi-cultural societies. As long as you act like one of the boyz, you can more or less fit in. There are even savage human tribes in the Darklands who join WAAAGHS.

Literally is happening.

She does now.

I'm not debating that. They basically said they will release this free dlc (see pic) first, but now its not coming and instead we get a MEME RACE thats paid for

baka desu

idrc, just annoying to see them not sticking to their word

point me in the direction of the free race thank you

>There are even savage human tribes in the Darklands who join WAAAGHS.
DIGGAHNOBZ

Free race is months off.

T W E N T Y

D O L L A R S

>C U C K E D

Those things are in order though, so the free race is months away.

they should've made a NON-MEME race be paid for and beastmen the free one

I want my elves and lizards

>point me in the direction of the free race thank you
Here you go.

I like the horn charge

delete this

>Middenland/Middenheim alone have more towns than the entire GC empire

I want an entire empire campaign to this scale desu

its funny that they added new hero and new lore of magic as separate entities, as if it makes any fucking sense to add a lore of magic but no mage to use it

making the list look longer then it actually is

Dindu DLC

Wait, what that's faction to the very east? A greenskin faction?

That looks like a special animation, I guess people got what they wanted.

Yup.
youtube.com/watch?v=kaeCyXX3zg0

Shield icons are imperial, round icons with spikes are beastmen, and the plain round icons are greenskin.

> There are even savage human tribes in the Darklands who join WAAAGHS.

Kek can you give me a link to that?

Calm down autists, you will likely get your Jabba, but it still means CA lied and fucked us over. From the Russian Leak:
DLC 5 - Лecныe Эльфы (Wood Elves)!
И eщe дoбaвки Биcтмeнaм и Бpeтoнии.
literally means "supplements for Beastmen and Bretonia"

So does this mean that we will get Bre as a free DLC?

huh well if thats the case CA should just say that. It would at least put out one fire

>Fucking CA, nobody likes beastmen!
>Why didn't they add MY favourite faction first?!

literally confirmed months ago

No, I meant, together with the elves DLC
Or was it confirmed and I missed it?

What about Kislev then?

Brets are FLC on their own, before Elves

It's Pontus all over again.

not in the leak, but it doesn't mean it won't be included

LURTZ BRINGIN THE HURTZ

this meme is complete garbage. Pontus is one of the most versatile and strongest Rome 2 factions. There's nothing to hate about it.

14 ;^)

BUT I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS FUCKING PONTUS

>tfw no game that focuses on army management and supply chains, marching and camp building

guys do i use arrer boys or night goblins?

>tfw my warhammer patch download is stuck at 98% and have been for an hour

What's going on?

I don't think you get the meme. We don't hate Pontus. It was the reaction of TWC that was funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=jxBKgOyMzSc

more slugga boys, shootin arrers iz muking about

So are centaurs pretty much just dragon ogre reskins? And then they added THREE (3) units that are already in the game to the roster? Did this dlc require ANY real work at all?

her voice is disgusting

We don't know. They probably have a larger unit size than Dragon ogres.

Beastie bois are horde only?
I dont like hordes
makes me feel like gypsy squatting in someones backyard

Horde only. At least you get a secret portable base.

you hard drive is shit. steam is unpacking some files, inserting new parts and repacking it.

I think it's pretty obvious why beastmen are first.

>Easy to add to the map. Since they're geographically everywhere.
>Wood Elves would feel weird without Beastmen already in the game, since they're their main opponent
>Meanwhile, Beastmen hate everyone, and don't need no pansy elves to feel secure.
>Skaven are shit.

Yeah, I suppose that is it. Really gotta replace it.

So what could the "promo-DLC" be? Have they ever had a promo-DLC and what could they be for?

>Its a manny thinks he is hot shit episode

>Skaven are shit
Guaranteed replies inbound
And it's true, fight me Reddit

There are already some with the blood DLC as Giants taking infantry in the hands and crushing them. Also with Varghulfs and other big monsters as dragon mounts or griffons.

Red Bulls for beastmen?
Im not sure what they would even advertise
maybe Im thinking of wrong things

So why does the DX 12 client for me have 10 less FPS on the benchmark than DX 11, when reviewers using my card (but slightly stronger CPU) have a 20 FPS increase? Is the benchmark just shit?

Promo DLC would be business speak for Free LC.

Shareholders tend to have a collective heart attack if you start mentioning giving customers things for free within earshot.

>undeads thinking they can outjew the jew
try bringing undead nazis instead of regular zombies next time

Does someone have some insight for this

what gpu do you have?

I'm just guessing, but maybe some of those "Units of Renown" packs they've mentioned in the past.
The promotional aspect could be a discount based on number of DLC owned, or, they could be bundled with the main game for people who haven't bought it yet.

Ok can someone explain to me how all this DLC and expansion shit works? Creative said that this is only the first in a trilogy of warhammer games, does that mean that there will be more totalwar : warhammer games? Will we get all the factions in this edition of tw: warhammer? This shit confuses me.

A 980ti, with a 4790k.

>run warhammer benchmark with my new rig
>70fps average
>cpu temps peaked at 30
>gpu temps peaked at 45
>it didn't even bother turning the fans on

I love it

Come on user. If you're going to brag about your new right at least post a speccy so we can nitpick about something.

dx12 is only supported for the new AMD cards right now. Nvidia is coming later.

They'll be standalone expansions that also link in with the main game. Factions that need a map extension probably won't be in this first game.

>tfw really torn on my new gpu
Everyone tells me to get a 480 but I'm pretty sure it can't run on high everything that is out right now
Just kill me, I want to get a job

Oh, okay then.

By the gods

This battle took me 5 tries and I feel no shame about savescumming
My army had already been severely decimated by two Osterland armies in the same turn (they had 8 mortar units it was horrifying) when the greenskins who had been encamped right next to the mortals for 2 turns attacked as well

Had to lure out their riders with horsemen and then attack with hidden chaoshounds, after that pick of all their archers while the pathetic rest of my army tried to hold out as long as possible
Managed to pick off their ranged units and used two packs of a few horsemen to distract their big ones and another band of savages, then charged all the rest between the two huge clusters that had formed around my already wavering infantry, that got their lord to rout
>tfw their faction got eliminated the next round by a skaeling force

i5 6600 (212 evo cooler)
msi 1070
maximus viii ranger mobo
whole bunch of noctua fans
4x4 ddr4 2400mhz corsair vengeance ram

Should've gotten a k and should've gone with 2x8 ram, but it was a partial upgrade

The 1070 is really neat, but 480 if you're on a tight budget

>skaven are shit

Noooooooooooo... ;_;

Yes

Get 1070 or at least 1060 when its released.

I'm on i5 3570k not oc'd and gigabyte gtx1070 (gayming ed.)
2x4gb shitty ram (not dual) probably like 1600 or whatever mhz because its 4 years old.

60 fps in warhammer on ultra during battles at full hd, and 40-45fps on ultra on campaign map (with half of it uncovered) but campaign map is always shitshow from what I gather.

All other games 60fps ultra (dragon age inquisition, bitcher 3, fallout 4: the sims, etc.)

gpu and cpu run pretty cool too with fans not audible basically.

Upgraded from gtx760 - best decision in my life. Games don't challenge this gpu at all.

Did you get the troll building over the chaos warrior one? Chaos warriors seem a lot better than trolls, and the building chain gets you very high end units in the Chosen for a comparatively low amount of horde population.

W H E N ?
H
E
N
?

My main army has chaos warriors, I just wanted to try using trolls so I built it with this one
They've been effective enough by themselves, still having decent infantry units would have been better

Neat, cool to see more people happy with their 1070 purchase.

Tomb kings are shit m8, just LE EGYPT SKELETONS AYY LMAO. Vampire counts already do the whole dead thing better.