/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Last Stand Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Eden's_Warden
youtube.com/watch?v=6KvAXahdTyE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GLORIUS

Is this the end?
Post Action

>thread 404d while my power was out
pretty gay

also third for Daimon being a completely shitty boss because he's only a really great boss for 4/9 vocations

>brain splitter
>galvanic blades brain splitter
we screw attack now

Ded game ded thread.

try it with kunai for dank tentacles

>that long ass trip through the catacombs to fight ballsack
>thinks he'll put up a decent challenge
>he's dead after one fivefold to the head
what the fuck was capcom thinking

Like all unique human enemies are locked at level 1 or something, even god at the end.

Recently got into it, not completed it mostly done the start, restarting to test other builds characters etc. Spending far too much time in char creator. Thinking dick-ass thief who became an adventurer who wants to become the richest handsomest mf ever so assassin? Their skillset looks awesome. Is there an early sword that has ice or lightning enchantment for some style?

I'm Lv170 MA with Sapfire and Dragon's Quickening. I beat Daimon but can't get past his 2nd form, I barely do any damage, even with Immolation and Thousand Kisses, can't even get one bar down, despite absolutely destroying everything else in BB. I don't know how I can farm for Framae Blades if I can't get the WeaponsLv3. Any help?

Are you spamming conqueror's prypiats?

There's a lighting one, kind of a mid game weapon.

Don't use sapfires unless you're using Grand Scension/Sunflare (which scale off of weapon magic). Splitting your damage is bad since the game has damage thresholds and thresholds + damage types aren't combined. You'd be better off with the helmbartes.

Also you can farm level 3s off a few chests pre-daimon, check the wiki for which ones. Just godsbane til you get them at each one. Death can also drop them but he'll level you up absurdly fast and you're already nearing the no-man's-land of level 200.

Eden's Warden is fairly early iirc, and looks nice.
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Eden's_Warden
Just buy a nut from reynard (traveling merchant you save from gobbos at the very beginning), exit his shop menu, buy another nut, etc until he gives you a quest to bring him a piece of scrap iron (dropped by skeletons). Once you do he'll sell you the sword.

Or just shillings your pawn. Some kind user gifted me a lv3 weapons which I purified into dogturd. You might have more luck.

Simple steps:
1. Get Helmbartes instead of Sapfires
2. Hire a Holy buffing pawn
3. Get Adhesion

Send the pawns in to draw Frazil fire and Holy buff you. Climb its face. Start Hundred kissing and never stop. You'll kill the boss in about 20 seconds. If that isn't fast enough for you, Opportunism, Thousand Kisses, and Conqueror's Periapts will have him dead in about 10 or less.

>about 20 seconds
20 seconds is how long it took me with framae blades, immolation, 4x tagilus's miracles, a strider and a ranger with lvl3 gear, adhesion, clout, vehemence and opportunism at ~400 base attack. 10 if you only include the time spent on Daimon, of course, and that was sans holy enchantment.

That said, if you bring a ring of violet to avoid getting thundershocked off, climbing is an extremely safe way to take him on and either helmbarte or framae dragonforged or higher you should be able to kill him eventually and be pretty safe clinging to him. I usually kill him with ninefold bolt as MA though, because it's more fun.

All I remember about my first Daimon kill is playing a Ranger and using the aforementioned tactic. He died before he event got a chance to use the vortex attack. This was with with Helmbartes, a Holy enchant, all Strength augments (except Opportunism) and 4 periapts, probably about level 130ish. I didn't even know the second form did the vortex thing until I came back later as a different class.

Yeah, he actually started the vortex in phase 1 in that run despite the fact it was over faster but not 2. Not sure if it's because he prioritises it below a certain health point in 1 and not in 2, because he's just slower in 2 or what.

is it even worth it to take pawns when i'm trying to farm death? they just stand in his instant kill attack

and yes they are all sleep immune

Seems all the advice for daimon is for yellow classes. Any chance for blues or reds?

I'm told that the Rusted Swords maxed out that inflicts Torpor works well against him, until BBI 2.0

blue: holy enchant focused bolts
yellow: climb
red: climb

For MK, pack holy riposte, blessed trance, great cannon and maybe perilous sigil. Try to perfect block his attacks (including his spells) on top of your cannons.
youtube.com/watch?v=6KvAXahdTyE

For Sorcerer, use holy enchant on yourself and spam focused bolt (holding down light attack until it charges the spray of magic bolts), especially on his second form, or get three other sorcs with utility and scather and synch seism if you're brave.

For fighter or warrior, as far as I know you've basically got to climb and attack his heads (small one in first form, dragon head in second), preferably with a holy enchant from a pawn. It'll take a lot longer since you don't have gouge or thousand kisses to use while climbing. Dragon's Maw and Arc of Deliverance might work out alright but you won't hit his weak points.

Don't play a mage. Lmao.

For pawns, striders with hailstorm volley and/or brainsplitter fucking annihilate him (see , at 00:15 my pawn uses hailstorm volley and several health bars disappear in a couple of seconds), and blues that can give you holy enchants can be super handy regardless of your vocation. Instead of using periapts, bring salomet's solutions/tagilus's miracles to buff the whole team; Smart pawns can deal almost as much damage as smart players, provided you buff them as much as yourself.

For sorcs, it helps to practice against drakes and wyrms. Get a feel for using the go and come commands with your pawns to distract enemies as well as to keep your pawns from dying stupidly, and while conventional wisdom recommends against, having a medicant mage on hand to heal you while you're charging spells is actually pretty helpful--you won't have to go through all your curatives in a single nuke cast.

Once you get a feel for keeping your distance and finding the right opportunities to cast nukes, you'll get a sense for when you need to run, when you need to use short charge spells like grand ingle or hfb, and when you can take a moment to pull off a grand seism or something.

Don't underestimate spells you can pull off damage on while moving, either, like fulmination or brontide. You might also give a pawn goldforged rusted equipment so they can inflict torpor. And it helps to have several pre-100 levels of some yellows to get you more stamina so you can sprint and cast.

Additional MK tips:

Take the typical climbing build and Abyssal Anguish. Buff yourself, and climb onto his BACK near the edge of the face. The extra attack range from Abyssal Anguish will mean you can strike the face from his back, where none of his attacks except Frazil can hit you, as your strikes will clip through his body. You can also use 4 of both magic and strength boosting items for even more damage, and a Holy enchant will make this further effective still. This works especially well before you're running around in all the game's best gear, as it stacks a lot of damage onto your main hand attacks.

>except Frazil
do you mean levin?

Thanks I'll check that out. What's a good companion for an assassin? I was thinking an amazon mystic knight who's tsundere for the PC but they can't be hybrids so I'm not sure. Loli/shotas look kinda silly from what I've seen. I'm guessing archer elf is overdone.

is there any mod to get the berserk armor on pc?

@Heraclitus's owner, I sent him back. Let me know how much RC you got, and if you still need more for the metamorphosis.

In terms of criticism, he could stand a bit better equipment for his level--he has a tendency to range ahead, and he has a harder time keeping his HP up because of it. He also tends to cast bolide against fodder enemies or right at the end of a fight, though I'm not sure if there's anything you can really do about that.

That said, fun pawn. Would probably hire again.

Err, yes, levin

If I'm not mistaken the armor still exists in the code for the game, but the models for them have been stripped out and so they are completely unusable

You can also get Eden's Warden with a pretty decent drop rate from one (or more?) of the chests in the water god's altar. Wiki might be able to tell you which chest(s).

I haven't seen many elf archers. Rangers and striders are the best pawns unless you're a sorcerer (in which case sorcerers are the best pawns) imo, but your mileage may vary. Mages are helpful early on for healing and later for grapnel. Fighters with dragon's maw do respectable damage, are pretty sturdy and if given team stamina items like mushroom potage will keep the party in stamina from spamming dragon's maw and then healing- but if you go fighter make sure to avoid shield drum, it's a shit skill on pawns because they just spam it for some reason. Idk about warrior pawns, I almost never use them but they don't seem great.

Syncia will perform pawn duties for RC, please hire her for the low price of 0RC (unless you are below lv102)

Inclination is scather/util, like every other saucer build.

I wish I could do pawn evaluations like this but generally I find that they all make the exact same retarded mistakes and it forbids me from doing any kind of fair analysis

Any other 100+ sorcs or rangers around? Want to try a gimmicky MK support build, using holy fortress to protect the casters and all the pawn buffing augments.

That's been my experience too, plus evals I've gotten don't ever seem to carry any weight when I play with my own pawn.

>look for support mage pawn at my (low-mid) level in the rift
>painstakingly search through the full list for desired skills
>finally summon 5
>four of them in princess dresses
>one is a giant bear with madeleine's hair

BEAR IT IS

>that voice
Can't do it sorry

>Syncia will perform pawn duties for RC
She pleases Arisens for riftbucks?

>Farming a certain chest for a rare item in the everfall
>been at it for over an hour
>I'm going to get these greaves, dammit
>4am
>tired as fuck
>realize at some point that I haven't even been opening the chest, I've just been killing myself over and over

M-maybe it's time to go to bed...

>make super cute loli pawn
>can't use some armors now because of naked mod
I just wanted those dirty rags to disappear, now some armors show nipples.

Wear something under them, dingus.

why everfall? best loot is all in BBI

>Purified FIVE lv 3 weapons now, had to farm rift crystals because I'm all out by now
>Shield
>Devilsbane
>Devilsbane
>Shield
>Shield

I kept every single one of these useless shits to continue down the list and this is just my actual fucking list. Fuck that noise, I guess I'm just gonna quit

Presumably for fashion, which is way more important than stats.

Fashion.

Oh, I used to not give a fuck about stats too, but then BBI happened and everything from Gransys became useless.

Then what do you want? Those two are the only ones you get if you do it as a fighter, I think.

I want Bitter End or that hammer works too.
It treats warriors and fighters as the same shit, both red.

>Last thread died while I was doing a Pathfinder game with friends.
>mfw
God damnit /ddg/, don't die on me, I'd be lost in the eternal ring without you.
I'll will miss this dank place when we move on.

Last thread died because it was autosaging. Nothing we can do about it.

I'll be doing one later. Fuck paizo martials though, jesus

At this point it's more homebrew than Pathfinder. I only follow the universe very loosely and I only follow the rules for combats and even then... Paizo is not really the best when it comes to combat.

Post Arisen about to get molested.

Riveria: edge elf edition is a sorcerer in the 100+ range. Go ahead and abuse her all ya want!

help

chaos chosen/10

This scene is kind of ridiculous with Selene, she is so tiny.

I think I went through about 30 BBI3 weapons before I got Virge of Madness

Their mistake was allowing for duplicate consecutive seeds. I'm sure they were inspired by complaints that the base game didn't have any "endless" content, but 1.) I don't see why this game needs endless content really 2.) they went about introducing it in the worst way

>ch*os
REMOVE CH*OTIC DIRT SLAY CH*OS RATS

>that filename
>that facial expression

I fucking hate fighting this fat fuck. To Snapdragon's owner, she fought bravely but was constantly stomped on and I was unable to save her since I really needed to kill the giant assholes. Brought her to Daimon anyway.

>Archydra chamber
>No flame magick or Dragon's Spit on hand, doing it the hard way.
>Main pawn almost gets gobbed "I AM NO BEAST'S MEAL !"
>Support pawn gets eaten up
>Climb the snake's neck as a warrior and pommel punch the bulge until the heads come off.
>mfw

Hydras are so fun to fight.

Gravity ain't go shit on Octavia

>The heads get bloodier and more damaged as the fight goes on.
>The new heads appear fresh and pristine.
>There is a clear mark where the head was cut off.

The level of details in this game continue to amaze me.

How's the BBI gear look-wise?

I remember someone once saying something about best shit making you super-edgelordy but man even 1st level gear is 2-3times better than the stuff i've gotten so far on vanilla.

I love Grand Bolide.

Yellows get very cool looking gear, almost everything else is pretty horrid tbqh
When it comes to armor, you can manage perfectly fine with late game / Everfall gear that looks pretty good.

When it comes to weapons then yeah, you need to upgrade to BBI gear, but at least that is mostly decent looking, regardless of vocation.

>griffin outta fucking nowhere

That poor fucking hydra, man. Who's the real monster here?

wait, so how the hell am i supposed to get griffins to appear, i've been standing around estan plains/hillfigure for a bit trying to bait small mobs like during the quest but they ain't showing up

Easiest way is to set a portcrystal down at the goblin camp at the SW foot of the hillfinger gnoll. He will dive the camp if you warp in at morning or day. If he flus off rest 5 days and try again.

Damn, i dope there's atleast one shield in BBI without spikes'n other edgy sheit for my pawn.

The shields are both okay actually.

Lacks kite shield for knightfu.

How exactly do I farm for Ninefold bolt? Do I have to be a Strider/Ranger during purification to get it?

switch yourself and your pawn to a yellow vocation and cross your fingers before you purify

it bugs me that the diabolic shield is as thick as a piece of cardboard

>that twirl pose in character creation menu

Must it be a pure yellow vocation or can I still get it as Assasin? I'm assuming the chance would be less due to that other red half.

>manage to make an arisen i love but the pawn is ugly or vice versa
you can't win

switching to pure yellow vocations is your best chance since, as you said, the hybrids count as both colors. bbi loot is seeded and so is always the same item based on what vocation you and your pawn are. the Magic Bowman's Band is the "yellow" item.

Damn, alright. Thanks user. All this time I've been purifying as an Assasin with my pawn as a Sorcerer.

Does the 3rd highest inclination also influence pawn behavior?

It makes for great pin-up poses.

is that ser daerius lmao

Pretty sure blues work as well. Save, purify as one, godsbane, try as the other. That's just standard procedure.

Which one of you did this ?
Which one of you took my Octavia out for picnic in the woods.
Because you really did wonders on my bitter heart, cos. Thanks, it's super sweet.

That was me. I thought I sent some wine too but I don't know how reliable the gifting function is for multiple things. It was fun, she's a good pawn.

Thanks Samir bro. I managed to track you down with the "Pawn you pawn knows" function.
You're pretty alright, cos.

What's more important when whoring your pawn: stats or looks?

Looks > skills > inclinations > stats