/pdg/ - Payday: The Heist & Payday 2 General

Skin Traders On Suicide Watch Edition

Previous Update: >(NEW) Workshop Manual
overkillsoftware.com/workshopmanual/

>Upcoming Payday 2 Tournaments:
overkillsoftware.com/payday2-tournament/

>Extremely In-Depth Guide on the Mechanics of PAYDAY 2 (Frank is back)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267214370

>Skill/Weapon Stat Calculator:
pd2skills.com/

>Old Skilltree Guide:
i.imgur.com/nUXjB3J.png

>Perk Deck Guide (out of date, somebody update this shit already):
i.imgur.com/E6x18Bt.png

>Stat Ranking and Breakpoints (slightly out of date):
i.imgur.com/TY14uav.png

>Weapon/Armor/Damage/Pickup Spreadsheets (not up to date):
pastebin.com/dSyuTzdt

>Weapon Skin Checklist (totally up to date):
pastebin.com/jivyLi3A

>Big Oil Engine Calculators:
payday2skills.ru/bigoil.html
albertkung.com/bigoil/

>PAYDAY Wiki:
payday.wikia.com/wiki/PAYDAY_2

>Latest Updates Here:
steamcommunity.com/app/218620

>Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/itfeelslikesomethingsintheair

>Mods and Lua:
pastebin.com/E3m0uKKn

>Weapon skin previews
pd2stash.com/

>Daily Dose
fuldans.se/?v=bawawkvbhb
youtube.com/watch?v=jHEkCM3fTrc

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-01-02/the-great-canadian-maple-syrup-heist
youtube.com/watch?v=dh1jzihYB0Q
steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/15/364040166688899867/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

juden

>New heist revealed.
>It's another "bully Murkywater" heist.

>!

Every single time.

Every single goddamn one.

I swear this safe only contains Road Rashes.

And this mint is a duplicate too. I hate everything.

>It's another bully Murkywater heist where you only fight Murkywater for the first 3 minutes before standard piggies take over.
They have no excuse after the Russian Reapers came out. Especially since the FBI files on all the Murkywater heists say that the cops had no involvement until the crew had already peaced out.

I'd like a smooth heist with lots of planning into it (that'll more or less inevitably go to shit because lol, stelf), say a Framing Frame or Bin Bonk. Preferrably a multi-day one but we all know how that goes.

Does anyone else want another heist in a different country? I liked fighting the Russian mercs in boiling point so I feel like another country could be nice.
That or like said, a heist where the standard Washington PD never shows up would be cool, just leaving you with a really big gang or PMC.

Murky heist where it's just non-stop Murkies would actually be nice.

Where are the lewds?

If we're gonna be bullying the Murkies so much, it would be nice if they expanded their roster to include every type of unit, like the ruskies.

I think a neat concept would be a couple of factions (or all of them) just banding together to try and take us out.

Like, we raid the GenSec cloning facility and initial spawns would be just Specials and once we eliminate them, the Murkies are called in with the extra cops and once we make our escape, we have to deal with a non-stop wave of gangsters. All on the same day.

What if we could call in our own backup as a purchasable asset? Like Sixth Sense, you'd have have to ace Joker to access it, and buying it would ready a team of four goons that enter the fray when shit goes loud. They act as

...converted cops and cannot go down.

I wanted a heist where it's a free for all with Murkies, Russian Mercs, MPD, Cobras, Overkill Biker Gang, the Hondurans, what's left of the Mendozas, Russian Mob, GenSec, FBI, and anyone else who has appeared in the game all fighting each other and us for one reason or another.

There'd be no sense of excitement if we can call in backup that wasn't just the escape driver.

interesting idea, but they have to be able to die at some point

By "not being able to go down," I mean they can't be revived. When their health hits zero, they're dead.

If Overkill can't even implement a third AI heister despite modders being able to do so, I doubt they'll be able to handle the entire crew being able to call sixteen goons into battle.

All safes can be opened without drills now?

Wait, scratch that, saw that it was meant to be an asset. Still, I stand by my words of Overkill's laziness.

>I doubt they'll be able to handle the entire crew being able to call sixteen goons into battle

Christ, I didn't think of that. That'd be great though.

AI Cloaker Heister when?

It'll be great right until it kicks a cop and crashes the game just like the beginning.

You could have the cop just ragdoll on hit I guess.

>Buy Cloaker bro in preplanning
>Go to set up thermal drill
>"WULULLULULULULULluluhahaha holy shit, I totally got your ass."

Hi, I'm SolarPleTeX, and I'm addicted to achievements.

I've been using the site for a couple years but never got around to joining until I heard about the achievement trading threads. I'm not that hardcore of a gamer, and I don't play many games but when I do, I can't stop until perfect every aspect of it. Now, I've reached the point of my gaming career where my games have online-only achievements and all my friends play Steam games on the PC so they're no help.

I was able to live with it when Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST came out (lol vidmaster challenges) because I'm not that great of a FPS player (despite playing lots of FPS games) but now, I feel that my achievements list needs more zeroes in it. So, I'm poking my head in here to see if I could get a couple boosting parties going for a couple "old" games and then work through my backlog and then help other people out too =) (because I hate being a leech).

Here's to unlocking more achievements.

Postal Dude character pack and 5 day heist where you literally just play Postal 2 instead Payday when? Including a peaceful method to complete the whole heist in casing mode with a lot of waiting

What kinda perk deck would Postal Dude give us?

>Wanting Leddit character pack
No thanks, Postal 1 > 2

>calling things I don't like Reddit so people think I belong here
gb2reddit

Triggered, reddit?

Bonuses to making enemies fear and to setting pigs on fire? Maybe killing civs increases your damage by a set % for something like 30 secs?

Not sure on perks but his character pack weapon and melee would definetly be the napalm launcher and the shovel.

It should be based around panic and wanton destruction.

And maybe let you do more things in casing mode? Like an expanded Sixth Sense perk?

Requesting the Nice Blog Dumbass pic.

That sounds like an awful idea to be honest my famala.

>Postal 2 Dude
>Reddit
What

waht is this from?

will the shovel let you jump and fly around backwards?

/PDG/ BIG LOBBY 16 PLAYER GAME LET'S SET IT UP

Right now?

Is that possible?

Yes, but Almir WILL ban you on steam.

Overkill can't even ban you from the game. Let alone Steam.

take this post to csgog and prepare to get laughed out of court

GET THE FUCK UP

WE WUZ GOAT SKINS AND SHIET

ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY ACCENT?
STAY.
DOWN.

I don't play CS:GO though.

Turkish coup heist when?

Vlad contracted Nice heist when?
>Alright gang, Vlad's officially gone nuts. He's trying to extort protection money out of the french government. To do this, we've transported the truck you guys lifted his safes out of LA with out to a place called Nice, but it won't be so nice when you're through with it will it? Get the truck, cause some havoc, and then wait for the escape. You should only have to worry about the local French PD interfering, so enjoy those easy converts clowns.

Vlad wouldn't trust a religious fanatic to do the work.

He has no reason to contract such an attack.
Also he's probably purely DC-based.

Raiding a North Korean cargo ship that is transporting in secret stolen coke that was part of class business and arms from Venezuela. Yes the North Koreans Do secretly transport arms and stolen coke

Koksal Baba heister when?

>The gang fucking with North Korea.
Man they really could not cause a bigger shitstorm than that.

It's like he didn't even try.

>this pic

totally worth being a red epic skin

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-01-02/the-great-canadian-maple-syrup-heist
Maple syrup heist when

Post your favorite mod_override track, Hotline Miami 2fags are welcome too.

youtube.com/watch?v=dh1jzihYB0Q

>Indeed, the syrup trail soon led to free-market renegades inside and outside the province who opposed what was, in their view, a Communist program. It wasn’t just about syrup, or money. It was a miniature Canadian Cold War.
So...a monopoly on production is a Communist plot?

Canadians are weird, eh?

This sort of heist would be cool though.
Make it another comfy stealth-only map that lets you secure several hundred tractor-trailers' worth of maple syrup, one truck at a time. Might need a different stealth mechanic than 4-pagers-and-alarm though.

Let's do it, /pdg/. Let's think up a stealth dynamic that works better than what we have and is more fun than, as phrased it, 4-pagers-and-alarm. Just throw out ideas.

>Having looked in to it, we're sad to say SteamOS will not get the Workshop feature since it would require an immense amount of time to implement it. Apologies if this hasn't been made clear earlier. We would of course love to offer the Workshop functionality to all systems available but it is all connected with a lot of work. As we have limited resources and a lot of features we want to implement, we have to decide how to best spend our time. Thank you for understanding.

Translation: We never thought about it until somebody whined about it. And we don't give enough fucks.

they're canadians, so why not just say sorry?

Quebecois are assholes even by normal people standards. Sorry ain't good enough for them.

Any up to date skill guides? It's been like half a year since I last played and everything is different and split into 3 subtrees each or some shit like that.

Fucking kill yourself

Randomly pick skills and then join Deathwish heists. It's what most people seem to do.

Shift focus away from the pager system while still keeping it in play by only having the page happen if guards are alerted or suspicious to your presence before dying. Replace it with these:

>A) Revised noise mechanic
The sound of a body hitting the floor or making a death gurgle makes guards in the area investigate and civilians move to ask nearby guards what is going on, prompting them to investigate.

>B) A proper lighting system
To make up for how much easier the game becomes by nerfing pagers, guards are 3x the sightline. Civs are given 2x the sightline. However, shadows make you/corpses/bags a ton harder to spot, meaning you have to consider how light/dark your position is and not only how best to dance around a chair to block line of sight.

Done. There's still a four pager limit, mind you.

Just look through it carefully. Most of the important shit is at the bottom of skill trees. Then get whatever you feel suits you best.

Because they have to deal with all the a
Anglo Canadians bs, it is like how certain married couples seem perfect on the outside yet in reality they constantly argue behind closed doors

>Anglo Canadian

What kind of game is this?

Killing Floor crossover when?
>Mr. Foster becomes playable heister and wears his mask over his gas mask
>heist where Horzine hires the payday gang to discreetly retrieve vital data/personnel from a secret DC lab after a cloning machine went haywire and started uncontrollably spewing out specimens that killed pretty much everyone there

>specimens
>cloakers

There was already a crossover when Tripwire went full retard and included crates in an early access game right after Overkill released their own to massive backlash. I don't think Overkill is interested in a real collaboration with Tripwire since they probably wouldn't be paid for it and Trashly constantly shitposted against KF2 here. Plus KF2 is pretty much PD2's closest competition since Rockstar bailed on making any more GTAO heists.

>since Rockstar bailed on making any more GTAO heists.
Why the fuck did they do that? I haven't played GTAV but didn't they market the shit out of that?

They've pretty much abandoned doing anything that doesn't involve trying to jew people out of ever increasing amounts of real world money in GTAO.

Don't know. Guess it's easier to make stupidly expensive stuff to sell shark cards and crappy gamemodes rather than make good PvE content.

I still prefer GTAOs heists over Payday 2s any day. Much more thought out and not as repetitive.

When we actually get drawfags for this general

Is Eagle Heavy viable after the patch? I like the feel of it but I feel like I'm gimping myself whilst using it and just go back to the same 'ol M308 + Bronco combo

Also, can anyone more well versed in Turkish politics than me explain who is winning? I'm trying to keep up with what's going on but no news outlet I can find seems to be leaning in either direction right now

why do some heisters like wolf and hoxton have such quiet voice lines? I can barely hear them during assault waves

i could've sworn that i heard Wolf "awoo" before

ARMS OUTSTRETCHED

You probably heard Jimmy calling him. He does that during assaults.

no that was just the stomach growl of a fatass awoofag who missed meal number 8 of the day

nice get

All i have been trying to do the last half hour is play the fucking game but the universe just wont let me

>joining game
>failed to join session

>you have been kicked
>connection to the host lost

every fucking time

>switch skills to go loud
>only heists marked stealth appear on crime.net
>switch skills for stealth
>only loud heists appear on crime.net

JUST LET ME PLAY THE FUCKING GAME YOU FUCKISDBNGASOGBUGBJKFSDGBNKJGBFDKJGBFDISGBDFIGUH FDGFSDOKG BHDFJS GSDJHV FGBHDXH FDJVFD78GFDFVBGID GHRIDYSUB

>see favorite heist
>join
>immediate "Failed to join session."

>Connection to the host has been lost
>Reconnect
>You've been kicked from the game

ON YOUR FEET

GET THE FUCK UP

Link to original song?

This actually makes a great song for a loud only heist.

Mod that lets us add custom heist tracks isntead of replacing existing ones when?

when are we getting a new heist fuck!

low quality sokolpost

Problem is that a lot of stealth seems to be one of five categories:
- Kill all guards/NPCs that can spot you until map is empty
- Kill some guards/NPCs after 40 minutes of waiting to make it easier but still a hassle per loot bag
- Infinite patrolling guards forever so each trip with a lootbag is a hassle and a pain
- Kill no-one, restart the moment you get caught.
- RUSHRUSHRUSH, hahaha what alarm? Can't raise the alarm, sucks for you.

AC1 through AC3 suffered from the first problem a lot, and it was often the objective, where you just murder everyone on the map and shove them into one tiny-ass hay bale. AC:R had a temporary mechanic where you threw smoke bombs or flashbangs at guards to distract them but ultimately it was always to sneak past them in a no-kill run for 100%'ing it or just murdering every single one on the spot.

Also they all share the same property that because they're a puzzle, once you figure it out, it'll probably get boring to do after you do it a couple hundred times.

We need some sort of mechanic where it's clearly same puzzle/solution but there is enough variation that each run feels pretty fresh/different from the next. Of course, you'd say that's what PD2 is doing with the RNG but the RNG is just a variation of the same puzzle (as opposed to variations within a class of puzzle), doesn't actually get it right. Vault spawns facing north or west, keycards in random spots, who the fuck cares. But also at the same time, the solution to the new stealth needs to be avoid the "screw it kill them all" cheese and/or also the "can't kill anyone forever, give up after 1-2 trips around the map" type of unfun development. I think this is why SR and Murky Station are so easily likable because the only thing that matters is the loot placement with zero extra objectives involved. No extra thermal drills or shelf spawns or any other bullshit.

Dear /pdg/

Does anyone know where to find voice lines for dlc characters, specifically Sokol?
Or, if you have a file with them all stored in, such as char_sokol, I'd be extremely grateful if you could upload it somewhere.

I'm trying to make a voice mod, but because Overkill can't organize for shit, I have to sift through hundreds of unnamed voice clips, and haven't found a single one from Sokol yet.
Voice mods placed in the mod_override folder seem to have a folder called char_(name) that overwrites voice lines. The files I've extracted from the bundle files don't have any of these char folders, but I was told that all the line should still be in my payday directory somewhere. I'm at a loss of where to find them now.

So if anyone can upload or point me to Sokol's voice lines, it would be a blessing.

Seconding, searching Clownpiece gets me nothing.

>tfw no Hotline Miami job for Hardcore Henry

I WANT TO KILL SLICK DMITRY OR SOMEONE ELSE

>there are people in Steam RIGHT NOW who have been hoarding their free safes for no good reason at all
These people remind me of people who go around picking out the booster packs with holos in every store and waiting to sell them at a mark-up.

I found this comment: steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/15/364040166688899867/

Maybe you didn't extract them? Might be the cause of your suffering.