/evog/ - Evolve General

Best Waifu Best Monster Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki (Mostly outdated)

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Including what hunters/monsters unlock what):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Upcoming patch:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/can-we-talk-about-the-balance-in-high-level-play/91716/18

Other urls found in this thread:

evolveupdates.com/stage2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder not to buy or play EMET, he is garbage.

Tuesday's patch is hunter nerfs though

Previous thread: Fucked up because I went over the text limit at first.

I HATE THIS GIRL VERSION

What character gives the gold reload speed perk?

Reposting because wrong thread

>play with a friend
>friend likes playing trapper
>he is the worst trapper I've ever played with
>no matter which trapper he picks, he sucks nuts

Reminder to buy at least Caira, because Slim = gameruin.

Have him be abe, you literally can't go wrong, just shoot the monster with tracking darts and press 4 every 20 seconds.

First for EMET!

So has the new rotation kicked in yet? What's the new monster and did we get new maps out of it?
Can't check myself right now

>Playing Elder Kraken
>Oh fuck me it's a Lennox
>See the Laz/Bucket right next to her
God bless shitpicks

Yes, it's Elder Kracken. Don't think there's any new maps.

>tfw I can probably fap to this
What is my life

also Elder Kraken is pretty good against Lennox and Bucket hasn't been a shitpick for a while but Hank/Sunny are still better obv.

SPAWN KILLING KRAKENS BTFO!!!

elder kraken
i have no idea about maps
still wanting to know what should i invest points playing as elder
all on l strike and chain?

Ok let's just clear this up

>Is it better to have fast reload Griff
or
>Is it better to have fast weapon switch Griff

Feels like anytime I am not tethered and I need to poon it takes ages for the next reload. Where as if I have my SMG out I won't need to switch very often. I have it out because there is no need to poon.

Has anyone made a faq yet?

No fun allowed, should be 2-5 secondss.

>30 seconds
That's pretty ridiculous. Hunters just need a couple seconds of invulnerability so they don't get instagibbed as they land.

OP here, not as far as I know.

If someone makes one I'll include it in the next threads I make.

Fast weapon switch if you want more damage.
Fast reload if you want to be the most annoying hunter on the team to work around.

What? But the hunters might get hurt, we can't let that happen user.

g2aDOTCUM/evolve-steam-cd-key-global.html?___store=englishus

So this key will get most characters unlocked and give me enough keys to get the perks that are important?

I want to play for fun, not to grind for 70 hours to get a rounded compliment of options.

Just had a spawn kraken wait for us
Boosted away before touching ground and raped him in about 2m

I dont see what's up with TRS obsession of balancing over retards

If they drop of the hunters on the big ship... why not just put a bunch of guns on the ship and fight with that?

He always goes down first. Every role.

>Grief ing as Griff
Yes pls, reload speed for me I guess

Let someone else deal the 2k damage I'll get in SMG squirts. I want the monster to slit his wrists after playing me.

I guess you could have him sit outside the dome while you all fight worst case scenario.

Patch 3.0 will allow hunters to track and fight the monster straight from the gunships

Yes, assuming you don't get a bad key.

>play with random pubbies
>they pick jack, torvald, slim
>level 40 wraith kills us because the slim is braindead
>monster says "gg cancer comp" in all chat afterwards

you get these guys + 30000 keys

Depending on which key you buy you can get Behemoth too.

Which key would that be?

That's if you get the PC monster race one, right?

>monsters come from eggs
>monsters do not lay eggs
>monsters have appeared on other planets before
>monsters are decidedly "designed" or artificial
>monsters are so far confirmed not to originate from multiple shady/powerful organizations (ebonstar, cig9, akhanwhateverkala said, hub)

So is it aliums?

patch 4.0 is just a swarm of explosive drones to kill the monster and anything that could possibly challenge the hunters

>slim free week
well more monster nerfs after that

One that includes the monster expansion pack.

The best part is that you get any alternate versions of Wraith, Hyde, Parnell, Griff, Abe, Laz, Caira, Bucket, and Cabot for free when they come out.

>playing any trapper other than Crow, Griffin and Abe

It's like you want to be a useless fuck on purpose.

It's amazing how after a while you can tell the game is over before it's even begun.

>implying Hyde's adaptation will be worth picking over lovable Mr. Hyde himself

Blitzkov was a fluke

on meme2A specifically i just bought the evolve + monster pack for 14 ameridollars total the monster pack gives behemoth idk what ELSE it gives though or if new founders unlocks half of its shit anyway

This should be in the OP

evolveupdates.com/stage2/

But what if he has good perk unlocks?

It's hinted that they're attracted to anything related with the Patterson equation
Seems to me they're extra-dimensional beings

What are the frequently asked questions?

just avoid emets, lazzies and slims for now

emet and slim are shit and there are less than 10 decent laz players in existence

>Q Caira
>She's a druid now
>P Parnell
Fuck, now I'm curious

I'm trying to figure out what those stand for too. I know E Griff is Electric and R Abe is Radioactive

>Tfw I get a Lazarus as my healer
>Consider leaving but dont want to be a fag so I make a mental note to myself "I play this but if we lose again I'll dodge every Laz until the end of time"
>We win
I'm not sure how to feel about it yet

They talked about them being fine with humans and letting them live, but constantly destroying their technology, so I dunno if aliens would work unless they're super natural only aliens.

>play with all level 20+ people
>guy prefers medic
>chooses slim
WHY
if you're going to actively take the medic role, play anything other than the worst fucking possible choice

so fucking sick of idiots leaving when there's a bot monster

the monster is easily beatable and usually quick, you can have your precious human monster next round

Queen Caira and Plasma Parnell?
I dunno I'm just throwing names out

>free sunny on rotation
>People choose bucket
JUST

>Daisy also gives Hunters a 15% movement speed boost when you're within 15 meters of her while hunting the Monster
Guess I learned something today

Are you memeing or is TRS just incompetent at balancing? Because you're saying literally 1/2 of the medics aren't viable.

Is he actually good?

that's useless though

laz is viable

the problem is all the incredibly bad players that use him

Half the supports arent viable either.

Bucket isn't even that bad of a choice right now, especially with his broken poison turrets. Obviously Sunny is the best right now but she's getting hit with nerf soon.

It might be Plasma Parnell seeing as the only other person with a super suit uses a plasma lance

>laz is viable

No he's not. He never was and he never will. His designed was flawed from its inception and hes worse now that he ever was

Laz was fucking great originally. Not as good anymore. But still very much viable in the hands of a skilled player.

Laz is viable. Forcing the monster to commit to a body when you have a lennox or blitz on him with cabots damage amp really chunks bars.

>emet
>emet
>slim
>slim
>emet
>slim
>laz
>level slim
>emet
>slim

it's hard to find a proper match that won't be an autoloss

fuck you TRS goddamnit FUCK YOU

>gotta go fast

Is that still ours? Is someone at turtlerock an user?

laz can work but his team needs to understand how he works, and spread out and apply pressure on the monster when it body camps

kind of like how sunny's JPB is useless if you use it on the medic and he just sits there and facetanks the monster

>Is that still ours?
No, it's been reddits for about two years now.

As a monster, as soon as the intro cutscene starts, go into the menu and press take a break.
Right after, press e

What does that do?

Holy fuck

Do it, you'll thank me

already know this

you get to move earlier as the bot doesn't waste time eating as an intro sequence

>prefer medic
>other guy has no preferences
>he complains he wanted to try Slim
>let him be because I'm not an asshole
>win anyway
you just have to believe in your team user

>that's useless though
How?

Having one guy chase Daisy sounds like a good idea, especially with that boost.

>tfw evolving as the monster feels fucking useless

Jesus, I liked playing monster in the original version. I felt like I grew stronger after evolving. Now I'm like "I don't even get more damage until rank 3, what's the point."

Lame.

>Decide to start playing monster
>Sliding around eating things
>Suddenly Markov flies around a corner
>All by himself
>Pounce him
>The pounce instantly breaks
>Wut
>The Markov completely separated himself from his team and nobody is around to free him
>Pounce him again
>Knock him down but it's instantly broken again
>There's still nobody else around and there's no shitty little creatures attacking me either
>Give up and start attacking him regularly
>Rest of the hunters must have been on the other side of the map because they still take a bit before they arrive
Am I not doing something right? He did it again a third time later in the match as well.

>you just have to believe in your team user

my winrate has improved as I've improved and because I know which matches to dodge

over half of my losses have nothing to do with my skill level, I have no control over 3 useless retards just my own retarded self

>New Parnell so you can actually use the character and not be useless(hopefully)
Yes

It's working as intended. It was deemed unfair by the community that monsters might get the drop on lone hunters, so they can use M1 to break free when needed :)

Wow, you don't even do any extra damage at level 2?

Fuck this.

Markovs lightning is funny like that, it'll still tick you after the pounce and you'll be knocked out of it.

It's still possible though.

are you serious?

Servers are laggy as shit so you probably got hit by his lightning

No, hunters can break free now actually. Pouncing is just a way of doing a bit of surprise damage. It won't incap anymore.

Yeah, I don't play Trapper but it sounds good to me.

It's typically size/radius and cool down at rank 2

It has every time I've used it...

I've noticed that continual damage weapons like markovs lightning or hydes flame can break pounces
Probably because of lag or something, but its annoying as hell

>No, hunters can break free now actually.
What

What is the best medic? I almost have enough to buy another character and want to try getting gud at medic so I can set is as preference so we aren't stuck with a slim holding us down.

What is the best medic? I almost have enough to buy another character and want to try getting gud at medic so I can set is as preference so we aren't stuck with a slim holding us down.

Valarus