/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-SmileBASIC primary exploit out now: mrnbayoh.github.io/basicsploit/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Developer tools for 3DS and Wii U are easily available now:developer.nintendo.com/register

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/what-options-do-we-have-on-11-fw-w-o-hardmod.434512/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>creating a new thread
fuck you /hbg/ is shit! they just shitpost all day and do nothing useful

>he bricked

F

So if I want to unhack my 3ds all I have to do it update the nand right?

Does region free means I can install EU cias in my US system? I have a9lh

This guy is right, we should try to do something useful once in a while.

No. It also depends on what you exactly did.

That's correct

Not sure, but why do you want to unhack? Are you selling it?

I put cakes on, and some cias for games but besides that not much else
Yeah I am selling it and the buyer doesn't want anything fucky on it

If you are using emunand and you have never installed anything to sysnand your console isn't modded.

Sell it to someone who isn't retarded

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

just take the sd card out

if you want to sell it, a 9.2 3ds sells pretty high

you should sell it to someone looking for a 9.2 3ds specifically, you'll get way more money

Hey guys, I need some help

Recently with the help of some of vg's help I managed to get rxtools on my 3ds, seeing as there was a problem with the FBI injector and I had to adjust some shit with the hex editor.

Well there are quite some ds games I liked, and figured I'd buy an R4 card seeing as I have a NDS and a 3DS with cfw.

Well I have tried a million different solutions, but I keep getting either an error/stuck loading screen when placing the firmware on the sd card.

The R4 card is: R4itt 4 3ds/dsi/ds.
Pic related (screw at the back, might be fake), I got my software from "r4iit.net" like the cartridge said, but I have exhausted googling different solutions aswell as Ysmenu but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

>might be fake
there is no such thing as a "real" r4 card anymore, just varying degrees of usefulness in the knockoffs

it sounds like you got one of the shittier ones, no idea if it's going to work, but you can try downgrading ds_whitelist/twl firm and see if that helps

if you had asked me, i would have recommended getting a card from r4ids.cn, that's the one i have and it works out of the box without modification

Would anyone have a New 3DS firmware.bin for 10.4 or higher?

guide has it

Sure that's not 10.2?

Alright, where the fuck is the Monster Hunter Generations USA titlekey info?

Can modded fat BC ps3 play newer ps3 games fine off the hd?

>you can try downgrading ds_whitelist/twl firm

Can you elaborate? The last R4 card I bought/used/managed was back in 2011ish, so i'm really unfamiliar with the jargon, and wouldn't want to mess up the NDS/3ds

it just came out today wait till someone buys it from the eshop

Also, I'd highly prefer if it useable on just the DS, since I borrow my 3ds to my little sister often, I bought the R4 card for €10 when I was in brussels earlier today.

downgrading twl_firm and ds whitelist is something you do on the 3ds to get the 3ds to recognize the flash cart, not something you do to the flash cart

basically, if you have an ancient or really shitty flash cart, you downgrade two system titles (twl_firm and ds whitelist) on the 3ds to older versions. most of the checks for flash carts came on newer versions of those two system titles, so if you use older versions, the cart should load. unless it's a really, really shitty cart.

Just a quick 3DS modding question: Are any of the latest 3DS updates going to brick my system if installed under EMUNAND?

I assume the answer is no -- at the time I modded, I was told that it was safe to do a system update within the EMUNAND from then on -- but I'm just wary in case Nintendo's found a way to cause trouble from inside.

It's safe to update, right?

I'm on ver 10.5.0-30U right now and I'd like to update so I can play MHG online.

it's safe

Sorry for asking dumb questions. Thank you for the prompt response, user.

Read the OP.
11.0 is safe.

I recently bought Monster Hunter Generations and was wondering if I could play online without problems on a CFW? I'm still using cakes

>running rxtools most recent firmware
>i let my little sister use it to play kirby
>she downloads badge arcade from the eshop without telling me
>BRICKED.png
>didn't buy a new 3ds because nothing interesting besides 7th Dragon and SMT Apocalypse
>3 months later, boot the 3ds back up on a whim
>fucking magic, it works like nothing was ever wrong, even boots into rxtools

Can someone explain what the fuck just happened?

Your sister bought a new 3DS and installed rxtools to make it up for you, but you didn't find out until now.

I can't explain it, man. I've never had anything boot as finnicky as my modded 3DS. Sometimes I'll have to restart it 10 times to get into the system and I'll start thinking "what the fuck did I do, is it broken now?"
Other times it'll work seamlessly for a week straight.

Your 3DS is trash because mine runs badge arcade just fine

badge arcade's not going to brick your system, at worst it would fuck up your rxtools install

7th Dragon is New 3DS only? Fug, just installed it on my old one.

everything works the same so yeah

Weird. It wouldn't boot up, even into sysnand.

I didn't mean THE New 3DS, I meant A new O3DS. 7th dragon works fine.

>tfw you realise the 3DS has a pitifully small library considering its been out for 3.5 years

I better hope so. I was getting a little paranoid here because this is the first time in a while that I wanted to go online with the 3DS again.

Monster Hunter carries this shit device hard.
I wish Sony and Capcom would just stop being little bitches so we could get Monster Hunter on Ps4.

It's certainly not as amazing as the DS' was, but I can't say I really expected that, even ignoring how rampant piracy might've impacted developer willingness.

Why can't I download the Monster Hunter Dlc form the menu?

So i'll have to run it through 3ds? And there is no chance of bricking/fucking up the process, since there are a lot of these shitty guides online.

Is it mandatory to do it through 3ds, or should I just buy a "legit" R4 card, but one of the older generation that only runs on NDS to avoid problems? The site you provided won't really ship to my country, and even if they did, customs are really strict on this shit, making you pay huge fines and sign a form that I allow them to destroy the item bought.

I haven't done any homebrew stuff since hacked my wii back in 2010. Id love help hacking my 3ds, I'm want to hack my ds so I can play cia files. I have version 11.0.0 and would love help installing a homebrew in the easiest way possible. Ive been looking through the links in the OP and I'm just not getting most of the info provided. help would be great.

Haven't opened my 3DS in a while.
I'm sitting at RX-E 10.5.0-30E, and it's asking me to update to resume oxygen pumping functions.
Do I simply choose "System Update" in the settings while in emunand?

Yes, should be fine.

>or should I just buy a "legit" R4 card, but one of the older generation that only runs on NDS to avoid problems?
absolutely not

if you're just going to buy another card (which you shouldn't have to), get a decent one. the "original" r4 is outdated and was only designed to work on ds, you're going to have to go through the same shit to get it to work. ask around here, there are a few varieties that work out of the box.

what i recommend is read the pastebins in the op, there should be some info there. if that doesn't help, there's stuff like time warp or whatever that might help. if that doesn't work, look up a guide for how to downgrade twl_firm and ds whitelist. the files for that should be in one of the pastebins somewhere, probably in a mega.

I have a PS3 with Rebug 4.76 installed. installed wololo.net/2016/07/15/restore-original-ps3-gameboot/ and then went back, softbrick. 'the system software cannot be started'.

can I just reinstall Rebug 4.76 from the recovery menu?

11.0 is hardmod only you're fucked sorry

It should be able to. If the game you're trying doesn't work, you may need to update your CFW.

any way to roll back to 9 or 10?

Try AuReiNand, it allows any old DS flashcart to boot (I even got my AceKard 2i working again). RxTools is outdated shit these days.

Aight, thanks for the info

said hardmod only

alright then, thanks for the info.

You mean rebug right?

MHX save editor work with a MHG save?

Yes

rxtools sysnand on o3dsxl is ok to update to 11.0 for online right?

Yeah, just grab the latest version and use that to update.

I got an error while in the middle of downgrading my 10.7.0 N3DS to 9.2.0 that forced me to restart into a partially downgraded system, and I'm getting an error while trying to use OOT3DHax to get into the Homebrew Launcher (probably because the hacked save is for just 10.7.0 N3DS).

How can get OOT3DHax to work again? Should I try to inject another hacked save into the cartridge but specify that save for O3DS 9.2.0-20U? Or am I fucked?

you use browserhax to reinstall menuhax and rerun the downgrade, don't need the game anymore

yes

>there is no such thing as a "real" r4 card anymore
1:1 clones exists, or atleast existed for some time.

thanks
been away for a while, its fine to play games like MHX online still right?

These are shitposts.
>have a question answered by the OP
>have transgender slurs pertaining to Aurora Wright
>ask for when something is released
>ask for a DS emulator without firm patching or a flash cart
>contain the number 5
>pertain to the PlayStation Vita© console
>contain a running joke otherwise known as a 'meme'
>contain the word 'leak' or any variant thereof
>ask for when something will be released
>ask about github projects without Google 1st page knowledge
>talks about 3dsiso
>talk about gbaTemp
>begin a flame war between Rei, Aurora, and mid-kid
>break a global rule
>break a board rule
>have a name besides Anonymous
>have a tripcode attached, secure or insecure
Don't reply unless you're also a shitposter.

If I have homebrew and HANS can they be used with an already compiled NDS file for romhacks?

yes

user, have you helped your favorite developer by betatesting their software today?

no

(You)

Spend it wisely

Thanks user.

I really shouldn't have posted this question though. I overlooked the paragraph saying browserhax works for partial downgrades.

There is nothing wrong with 3dsiso if you bypass their ad kikery

aurora is a tranny faggot and needs to commit suicide with the other 40% of trannies that suicide

So all those pokemon rom hacks you can't use them with HANS unless you have a flashcart?

Looks like there is technically a way to downgrade from 11.0 if your desperate enough to use it:

gbatemp.net/threads/what-options-do-we-have-on-11-fw-w-o-hardmod.434512/

yeah, a hardmod, this has been known

If i buy a n3ds right now is it possible to softmod it?
Should i look for overpriced ones with it already modded?

10/10

I meant to put without a hardmod. My bad.

Is there a way for me to pirate the themes from the theme shop?

If you buy one new then it's garanteed to be softmoddable

Does anyone have any experience using ROM hacks with pokemon 3DS games on the actual hardware?

Do you use a flashcart, homebrew, what?

Except that you need to bypass them, you need to login and that some people don't post the download links directly. It's shit.

Where is smilebasic on the eshop? I can only find an update for it

there are already cias of the romhacks you just install them like any other game

You can use homebrew (via HANS), you can build/download a custom .cia that has the hack included, some non-Pokemon games let you build updates that have the hacks included, Gateway users can build a custom .3ds (Sky3DS can't due to what it is, they can pirate Freakyforms and get homebrew on any FW though).

got taken off the eshop days ago, nintendo is stupid but not that stupid

Fuck. What's the next best way to get it?

And if it helps, I already have the homebrew launcher installed through OoThax. Is there a way to use that to get smilebasic?

it's an eshop only title so you can't get it anymore, use oot or freakyhax for homebrew, you can't downgrade on 11.0 anyway

so if i'm 11.0.0 with homebrew and no CFW i'm shit out of luck since i can't run .cia

Why do you want Smilebasic if you already have OoTHax?

Darn. Thanks

why do you want another entrypoint when you already have one though

You can use HANS without CFW. Most of the Pokemon hacks have instructions on how to build it and you can find HANS-ready files for a bunch of hacks on 3dsiso (usually in the .cia category for lack of anything better). It'll be a code file and a huge .romfs file you put on your SD card, then you launch the game through HANS.

To buy it for a friend so they can homebrew their 3DS and I'll have to spend less money in the process than buying them OoT and powersaves
Having an access point which doesn't rely on carrying a specific cartridge with me when I'd rather have smash in my 3DS, due to the risk of losing carts (you'd be surprised by how often things slide out of some of my shitty pants pockets, especially when I drive)
And so that when these methods inevitably get patched, I might not have to wait as long before I can regain access to the homebrew launcher. (For example, if OoThax and smilebasic both get patched at the same time in, say, firmware 11.1, maybe smilebasic's homebrew-accessing method will be updated days, weeks, or even months before OoThax's method.)
So 3 distinctly different reasons. People might argue with the last reason, but I still have those other 2 for wanting to buy it

So apparently the RX dev went bankrupt or some shit. I'm currently up to date on version 11.0 of RX Tools. What would be a good next step for me? Using an old XL

>just about every pokemon mod requires a 3ds file to patch
it's like they want to me to pirate the game instead of legitimately romhack through HANS.

luma, reinand, or cakes

you can also set up a9lh if you want, entirely optional though