/dng/ - Dueling Network General

Yu-Gi-Oh! General #2240
Draw 2 ;) Edition
Last thread: YGOPro (Windows): drive.google.com/open?id=0B6B7GsCVf45zclhuTktCVWNNdWc
YGOPro (Mac): mega.nz/#!fREAVBwZ!cOQG_5oHFKgjfwz4dVUtAW88w9gqRrvWyeFZ7zI_bVM

● DN was a browser-based, manual simulator.
● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
● There exist other automated simulators such as Devpro and Salvation which have different features but tend to be buggy.

Useful Links:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page (Wiki with a wealth of information for players, new and old)
yugiohprices.com/ (Comprehensive Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market)
ygodr.blog.jp/ (OCG decklists)
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists (TCG decklists)
ygorganization.com/ - blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/ (TCG/OCG news sites)
yugioh.party/ (Hypergeometric/Probability calculator)

The Official /dng/ ruling test can be found here:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: 20th Rival Collection (July 21st)
●OCG: Booster SP: Destiny Soldiers (August 6th)
●OCG: Extra Pack 2016 (September 10, 2016)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Machine Dragon Re-Volt (September 24, 2016)

●TCG: Dark Side of Dimensions Movie Pack (July 22nd)
●TCG: The Dark Illusion (August 5th)
●TCG: Dragons of Legend: Unleashed (August 19th)
●TCG: Structure Decks Yugi Muto and Seto Kaiba (October 21st)

BEFORE asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● Read the cards.
● Lurk and read the archives.
● Read the cards please.
● Google your Deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event.
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play.
● Remember to playtest and try suggestions before you trash them, even if someone recommends a weird tech choice. You don't know everything.
● READ. THE. CARDS.

Other urls found in this thread:

yugiohtopdecks.com/deck/5039
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29250639
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for Vylons

Waifu.

Post your
>Age
>Current deck
>How much you spend on ygo per month

Shamelessly bumping with petdecks.

spamming this cause I posted at the end of the last thread sorry.

YU
YA

>1 (ONE) Dark Law
>No Mask Change I/II

>Only one Dark Law
>Escuirado ever
>Less than 3 Winda
>Vanilla Mirror force

Please adjust this

Cute waifu.

pot and jar of greed really bothered me when I played.

what exactly is the point of jar of greed? why not just put another, more useful card in your deck instead of it? why not just use pot of greed if you want to draw?

Scraps, but I'm getting Cubics ASAP
$0 in a normal month, I usually only buy cards when I get a new deck, and I very rarely buy packs. I did just preorder a DSOD box, which will be my first time doing that.

Jar IS pretty useless, but pot is banned, and has been for a long time.

yea I know. but I don't think pot being banned would ever justify putting in jar in its place at all.

like seriously, what purpose does jar serve at all?

pot is banned. Jar is usually used when either
A)you need to have a low hand count at some point (Unicore Control, Dark Worlds)
B)You need high chain links. (accumulated fortune, Chain Summoning)

Very slow deck thinning.

It can be pretty decent with Burgers, and with Upstart limited it's probably an okay meme tech.

imagine that you're playing exodia
you wish you could have a deck with just the 5 pieces, but you can't
if you draw this card, you use it draw 1 card, so it's like playing with a 39 card deck

now this is less extreme, your deck might have 20 cards that you use for combos or something instead of just 5, but getting to those cards is better than the other cards you could add to the deck.
but like others said, its slow since you can't use it right away and have to wait a turn, so it's not good

Defense draw is better.

Jar of Greed is a free Chain Link for cards such as Accumulated Fortune and Chain Strike. Also it triggers Burgesstoma effects without losing advantage.

Outside of those decks it's kind of useless, though I guess you could make the argument that running 3 Jars of Greed technically makes your deck "37 cards" so you draw your combo pieces faster. But you might as well play Reckless Greed at that point.

Thinking of getting back into this after not playing since the beginning of the year. What should I buy/play now?

I'm assuming Blue-Eyes once that movie pack comes out.

22nd for marrying Puddingcess.

You can't chain Defense Draw to MST/TT.

Cloudians

PERCYYYYYYYY
And I was starting to think triple Bubbleman was the way to go

>once that movie pack comes out.
I mean, sure, if you want the secondary market to bust your ass for those Sages and Spirits like the fucking jews they are.

How come TCG Infernoid decks don't run the void variant as much?

Bubbleman is never more than a 2 of.

That's a truer random that what you're used to irl.

>traps
Your own fault. And yeah. Are you actually running triple Bubbleman?
In addition to Mask Charge? At the very least cut the traps if you want to run such cards.

Alright, I've come back so we can continue where we left off

>And my entire point was that it's great when you use it on your own accords
This is the same argument you can make with just about any card that has ever existed. Of course the inherent "downside" might negatively affect you if you play FK Kozmos like a complete idiot (again, who in the fuck is setting up boards like Dark Lady, Tincan etc with FKI STILL on the board?) but the advantages you can gain from it heavily outweigh any of the negatives. Honestly, if your best argument against a card is "the opponent might disrupt it" then you need to try again
>If it wasn't apparent I was referring to deck restrictions, not actual builds.
You weren't apparent in the slightest but whatever
>My point is ultimately that it's a much more restrictive card. And these restrictions are why you don't have everyone just maxing it and playing it at 3 to begin with.
Uh no, it's not played at 3 simply because it isn't necessary to play FKI at 3. You only need 1 copy of FKI and 1 copy of any Fire King monster (mostly Babby Garunix since its the one that enables the most combos) to actually go off. This is not an argument
>Metalfoes got numbers on Island
I find it odd that you're making this a point of favor for Metalfoes when I think we can both agree that Kozmos already have a hard enough time dealing with brick hands. So how is it any better for the Kozmo player that he can run MORE cards, thereby increasing his chances of bricking even more? That's a silly point to make
>and they aren't plagued with hard OPT
Again, this is not an argument because the "hard OPT" on FKI is completely irrelevant because the card itself is run at 1 with 1 monster to search for, and it only needs to do its job ONCE in order to set up a strong board

>When interrupted outside of your own terms
Literally WHAT does this even mean? If you're getting interrupted it is 100% outside of your own terms. You don't plan your deck around getting interrupted unless you're on Aizen level keikaku
>there is very little risk and they can easily come right back as if nothing even happened which is entirely different from Island and the Fire Kings.
See now this is a point that I can't really argue since I don't know that much about the deck your hyping up, I only know what Metalfoes actually do, however I will say that its still ridiculous that you're bringing up the Pendulum mechanic function when Kozmos don't actually benefit from it at all. I mean if we're so sure that using the Pendulum summon is so good then why didn't any Kozmo deck tech Magicians or Performapal/mage cards back when they were actually popular?
>I have never argued anything in regards to the deck not being able to do combos at all
Right you ONLY said >And the Fire King cards aside from Island are figurative garbage in the deck and you're really only relying on Island. They're fucking shit for Xyz plays.
But whatever

>What are you even referring to? Players retardedly pendulum summoning their entire hands or what?
I find it interesting that you kind of blow off this comment when the other guy was talking about Solemn, but then in the same post make a big case about the opponent interrupting you and how that is in an of itself a downside for FKI. However, how can you not make the same case that Kozmofoes have the same or equal downside when it comes to disruption because the main combos that can even get the ships on the board revolve almost ENTIRELY around the normal summon?

Ugly waifu.

yugiohtopdecks.com/deck/5039
I just netdecked the latest topping build to see how it fares. It usually doesn't brick like that.

speaking of Kozmo Fire King

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29250639

Setdek petdek, Metalmemes and I've gone to sleep four days in a row now thinking we'd know the Darklord stuff next morning now

What does Pot of Greed do?

>not running traps in Masked HEROs
OH
BOY

>You're really overestimating the ability to destroy from the hand.
I don't think I'm overestimating anything. That is an extreme advantage that FKI has over any Metalfoes when it comes to destroying anything that isn't Kozmotown. In order to blow up a ship you NEED to have a pilot/a way to get a pilot AND ship AND in hand along with a Metalfoe monster. With the FK build all you would need is a ship in hand and FKI or a way to get to FKI. How is one build not needing its normal summon and only another Ship not advantageous over another build that needs its normal summon or E-Tele and a ship in hand in order to actually advance plays?
>Metalfoes can pendulum summon.
A mechanic that doesn't actually help Kozmos at all, something which I've already covered
>Fire Kings are far less consistent
You're saying it wrong but this IS a point that I will definitely give to you. What you mean is that there is an inherent risk to the FK build because bricking with Babby Garunix is AIDS. That's a perfectly valid point. However, on the flipside, isn't it just as bad to open with multiple Metalfoes monsters and now way to make any Kozmo plays OR open with Metalfoes monsters, a ship, and no way to actually put that ship on the board? You brought up the Pendulum summoning mechanic, which might (might) help in that situation but you'd also need to consider that there's the factors where you brick with either too many high/low scales and no way to grab another scale or your only other shit being Dark Destroyer which you can't PS with scales 1-8. Again you bring up a great point with the FK Kozmo builds bricking in the opening draw, but MetalKozmos have the same flaw, and you'd be dishonest to deny that
>Despite the searches you've got really poor access to Island
3x Terraforming and 2x Allure compared to running a bunch of Metalfoes, and possibly Summoner's Art or Painful Decision (Painful Decision is ALSO a hard OPT card by the way)

Im making a Venom deck, should I run 3 Venomminons and 1 Venomnaga or should I run 3 and 3?

How do you build a Summoned Exodia deck?

if kozmos are so good then why havent they topped in japan yet?? rly makes u think

I was mostly just joking. But it's true that whenever I brick I typically blame the traps. Slow pieces of shit.

you don't
exodia beatdown was always destined to fail

although if you have to try, /dng/ memed about milling all the pieces with ARA for chaos max and also summoning rainbow dark dragon for a while, and I tried it with prediction princess shaddolls

Fucking retard
It's because Japan accidentally banned Kozmo Tincan and Kozmotown and their honor prevents them from fixing their mistake
Don't you even read the org?

Fianlly someone who agrees

What's your gameplan here, what are you trying to achieve?

Slower and less explosive than Reasoning/Lightsworn stuff. Although with Reasoning and Monster Gate at 1 here, people might start to put more of it in.

I for one ran the Void variant since CROS.

>Go with Treatoad.dek against Monarchs

>get turn 1, thanks to Graydle Slime Jr setup a field with 2 Treatoad + Emptiness + Warning set

>standby phase, have a Barrier Statue of the TOrrents in hand, ss Swap Frog + Dupe

>negate Grudge

>negate Pantheism, then chain Emptiness and set Pantheism to my side of the field

I'M SO FUCKING ERECT RIGHT NOW

Dead thread. Let's get some discussions going.
So what are the safe investments for the future?
I don't trust Metalfoes that much since we lack Stein and Super Poly and Kozmos laugh at Kirin.
Blue-eyes has mixed opinions about it and it's been underperforming as of late so I don't feel safe with that.
Subterrors look pretty mediocre and we don't know a thing about SPYRAL
D/D is D/D/Delayed until powecreep makes it useless.
Tiramids and Dark Magician are DOA.
So I'm guessing that we hold on to Monarchs and Burning Abyss for now right?
Frogs and ABC should be a thing later in the future so I guess it's safe to get those now at least.

get all the copies of Frog the Jam you can, those are going to be the ones rising the most as normie targets because memes

>thinking Stein and Super Poly are the only things that make Metalfoes good

For fucks sake just go look at ANY Metalfoe decklist and simply REPLACE the copies of Stein and some of the Fusions with other cards you fucks

Ariadne, Fossil Dyna, Vortex Trooper, Jowgen, Qliphort Scout and Monolith, Anteatereatingant(the GOAT tech) fucking Speedroids, Amorphage Sloth, Apex Avian like seriously there's loads of tech you can splash together with Metalfoes take your fucking pick

post cards you've fallen in love with recently
pic related, spider family is legit af

>So I'm guessing that we hold on to Monarchs and Burning Abyss for now right?
Monarchs won NA Nats, they're dead come next banlist. BA too, seeing as they've been T1 for most of the last 2 years.

Not like there's much to lose since both of those decks are dirt cheap.

Jowgen will probably become standard if Kozmo escapes the banlist.

>pop Destroyer
>Jowgen prevents them from floating

Actually doesn't Crystal Wing completely shit on Kozmos by itself? Just have Metalfoes stick with Gofu tech and the deck is fine

>Ariadne
Fair
>Fossil Dyna
Anything can run over that.
>Vortex Trooper
Is this supposed to be draw power?
>Jowgen
See above, if you try to drop it on BA, hope you like Farfa ;) or Fog Blade ;^). Kozmos might get a hit from it but Monarchs will laugh at you.
>Scout and Monolith
Only good for CDI and that's not even that good these days.
>Anteatereatingant
Fucking stupid shit.
What do you do with this? Gofu or something?
Just Instant fuse Adamante and be done
>Speedroids
Fair
>Sloth
You think Kozmos and Monarchs give a shit?
>inb4 muh ED Monarchs
That build was confirmed inferior and win more with Domain Monarchs winning Nats.
Anybody with sense is switching to Domain Monarchs now.
>Apex Avian
Fair.
Most of this shit is just memes which work because OCG is crap like that.
Stein is what gives the deck the control with Exterio/Last Warrior and Super Poly is their removal.
Tzol'kin is good and all but Kaijus laugh hard at everything it shits out.

>yfw Metalfoes gets a tuner

>Crystal Wing completely shit on Kozmos by itself
Kozmojo?

>anything can run over Fossil Dyna

not Blue-Eyes or Monarch

>is this supposed to be draw power

of fucking course, shit is a +1

>see above

Fair, Jowgen has lower stats than Fossil Dyna

>only good for cdi and that's not even good these days

CDI is fucking nuts specially a 1-card CDI

>you think Kozmo and Monarchs give a shit

considering they'll be murdered by the banlist...

>muh unsearchable outs outside of Farmgirl that is always going for the OTK anyways

Arma as in Armageddon Knight?

>Instant Fuse

HOLY FUCK another fucking poster who has no fucking clue how to use ygodr. What the fuck is wrong with /dng/ these days?

this was from the last thread. The point is it doesn't have a gameplan anymore.

It was primarily a deck I made to be a pain for pendulum decks. I saw they were dumping power cards like raigeki in order to turbo their decks so I thought I'd make this to punish it. The goal is to go first and end with Nat beast/Defence Position G.B./Rafflesia and hopefully backrow or kaiser. then mid game pushing with heroic xyz's and they synchros. and pushing for game with miracle synchro fusion and Mr. 5 materials. I've had so many clutch call of the hauntings making wavering turn into a -2. Now the G.B. will need to be scraped but I'm trying to keep the playstyle.

Just had a match with some pendulum faggot that had triple Pot of Greed and Card Destruction, plus a Harpy's Feather Duster (it was tcg format.)

Didn't matter in the end because Game 1 I went first with Treatoad, MST Burg, and Banish Burg so I just cockblocked his scales. Game 2 the faggot let me go first even though he knew I was playing Trap deck, and I opened with the Anti-Spell Fragrance I sided in. Needless to say, faggot wasn't able to do anything even though I was retarded enough to forget to xyz with the frogs I summoned.

Anteatereatingant triggers Combination you stupid nigger

Kaijus my man.
Blue-eyes ain't doing shit and Monarchs stormforth that shit away.
>CDI
>nuts when it targets
>seriously thinking we're getting a banlist to kill Kozmos and Monarchs anytime soon.
Keep holding your breath until November.

>these days
So you've been here like 5 days, right? /dng/ has always been braindead.

>le targets so it means it's bad XD

are you forgetting the negation part fuckboy?

>3 mat CDI
>not easy to punch over
because 2700 atk is so threatening right?
We Kaiju that shit here unlike those Japanese people you people keep worshiping for no reason.

I remember once I went against a Spellbook player playing triple Judgment and that anime Spellbook that made both players draw 3. I was playing Raidraptors.

I won because just a few hours before I decided to throw in Eradicator in the main for shits and giggles

Someone post the treatoad version of this.

>muh unsearchable out vs the searchable one card floodgate monster

that's the reason you burgertards never win worlds

CUTEYA!~

>CDI
>floodgate
OCG dickriders everybody.

>I've literally never played Metalfoes or any Pendulum deck in my entire life" The Post

Do you not fucking realize that the entire point of those plays is that they're USUALLY backed up by something else? Try talking shit when you've got a board of CDI, Dyna, Ultimaya, Crystal Wing, and a set Solemn Warning staring you down ya dumb bitch

>"I open perfect every game" The Post
Shut the fuck up, moron.

>Try talking shit when you've got a board of CDI, Dyna, Ultimaya, Crystal Wing, and a set Solemn Warning staring you down ya dumb bitch
That won't ever happen since I always go first and set up Erebus, Domain and March with Stormforth set and Ether ready to drop ;)

>WE BURGERS ARE THE BEST YGO PLAYERS EVEN THOUGH WE HAVEN'T WON WORLDS NEVER :^)

>worlds
>mattering

do that pendulum thing yuya

Junk Overlord
LV12 ATK 4000 DEF 4000 DARK Warrior
"Junk Synchron"+2 or more non-Tuner monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned and not special summoned by other ways. When Synchro summoned, up to the ammount of non-Tuners used as material to make this card, Special Summon that many monsters that lists a "Synchron" as material from the Extra Deck or Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when an opponent activates a card or monster effect, you can negate and destroy it, then special summon one "Synchron" monster from your deck or Extra Deck. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon one Synchro monster that requires a "Synchron" monster from the Extra Deck or Graveyard. It cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.
My shot at actually giving Synchrons their own boss monster, how'd I do?

>imaginary format 16 man locals
lmao who cares?

Well, they are Psychic. Maybe a Fusion monster that can be summoned with Miracle Synchro Fusion.

Learn PSCT you fucking faggot.

>"worlds don't matter XD" meme
>"results don't matter XD" meme

Neither of those are memes, though.

Results matter. Worlds doesn't.

>"worlds don't matter" isn't a meme

how many days have you been here fuccboi?

3 years. But I left a few months ago because I got bored. How about you?

what is kanomi told jewart to make braindead floatshit or the tcg since they figured tcg players were a bunch of retarded monkeys who can never win worlds

braindead floatshit for the tcg

The dangerous C
insect/tuner lvl 1
During your opponent turn you can discard this card and apply this effect each time a card leaves the field this turn, inflict 500 of damage to your opponent.

We get Kozmos.

so the opponent can't do anything at all? So a handtrap Metal Flare Dragon? So discard 3 of these and you win?

I never got why Stardust couldn't become a full fledged Archetype and why Synchrons couldn't have their own boss monster

ok, forgot restriction of once per turn

That's dangerously lewd user

>Anteatereatingant
But why?

Hot Rank 5 tech

I wonder if we're finally getting Academia's Gears in Fusion Enforcers.

hail kaijus e.e