/drg/ Danganronpa General: Fighting Game Edition

Previous thread Last thread hit the image limit.
Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>New
DR3 anime to be split into two parts, "Future" and "Despair"
famitsu.com/news/201603/26102228.html

>Famitsu scans for upcoming DR3 anime:
i.imgur.com/tJ0SWA6.jpg
i.imgur.com/aW1rhbs.jpg

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE

>Dangan Ronpa 3 is currently airing.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw

>DR3 Subbed PV
youtube.com/watch?v=z3imyvTO3JA

>DR3 New PV: contains DR2 spoilers
youtube.com/watch?v=0AaOjY0cBzg

>DR3 Anime Episodes (Click to find episodes and stream link) [INSERT UPDATE HERE WHENEVER A NEW EPISODE IS UP]
pastebin.com/jWjs6W7d

>Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

>Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

>DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

>Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-muanga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/8YGv6KTX

>Project Space - WIP
Character Concepts: piratepad.net/okErIObTD5

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/vZ9nX
taima.tv/r/drg
vocaroo.com/i/s1exDfjimzfX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>another episode ending

>credits roll

>lol warriors of hope are alive because lul dunno

chiaki

What's wrong with that?

any reason the extra chair is not from the Ryota
especially since he is in the opening and it is his class

It's still there...if you feel like dropping by
discord.gg/vZ9nX

Fuck off with that discord shit.

Discords kill generals if they don't have a significant reason for existing, because people start posting there and not the threads themselves.
I've seen it happen.

So please cut that shit out.

>implying this general isn't a fucking chatroom

it makes no sense having two ryoutas in the same class and if he was from that class, chisa would know and try to hunt his ass down.

they have some explaining to do that is his class

>Implying the Imposter and the real Ryouta aren't one and the same while the skinny Ryouta is a fake.

Ryouta would have been mentioned by now if it was his seat and class. Also the whole "but he's a closed off animator" excuse doesn't cut it since Twogami was doing the same thing and Chisa still went and got him. She'd mention that there's one missing student left.

There's simply just 15 students in class 1-B with a 16th seat empty. I feel it's just there to be a metaphor on Hajime/Izuru 2bh. I mean he's the only DR2 character not in that class for reasons we know.

Well, i would prefer seeing Twogami and Mita

Having to wait 2-3 days for new DR3 episodes is already proving to be tough

Imagine if it was future one week and despair the next? So glad they're doing 2 eps a week

Not with the anime in full force, and V3 Soon™.
Legitimate discussion is back, just as we had hoped.

He could have easily been in class 1-A or 1-C but even then I find it weird they'd be ok with two Ryouta Mitarais running around the school.

With Twogami, he could pull it off for some time since Togami wasn't a student yet.

Plus Mukuro was the Ultimate Fashioniesta as Junko Enoshima so it's not impossible that it could just be some disguise.

well you ain't seeing them

You know what would be fucking crazy?

If the empty seat was a new character entirely.

have anyone talk about the characters that were in different place after the gas ?

In about 30 minutes I'll marathon Danganronpa After on taima.tv/r/drg .

I ADMIRE YOUR DILIGENCE AND REJECT YOUR ATTEMPTS AT DESTROYING OUR HOME

i been thinking about this also one more thing
they wont say what class Miaya was in

Yeah, we also noted a gas ball that was next to Chisa.

Did the new chapter finally come out?

You guys it's pretty obvious that seat is meant for Hajime/Izuru. Why else would they have Chiaki be a real person and coincidentally in their class? It's to show that the DR2 cast is in one class together.

Yeah that was one of the first things I talked about. Makes you wonder if they're even in the same place anymore

Miaya big ass chair moving across the room bugs me

yea but his still is not from that class could be some meta thing about him still

Posting worst cats.

That's what I'm saying. It's just a metaphor thing about him being in that class but then at the same time not really.

Or because it's said you don't actually have to attend class, he could possibly be on the roster but just never shows up and the Committee backs him up since "muh talented genius"

Yep! And I just finished uploading it to youtube so people could watch. It concludes the chapter 1.

Hey man, Toko may be a bit bad, but Syo is fucking neat.

>That's what I'm saying. It's just a metaphor thing about him being in that class but then at the same time not really.

Deep

yeah that's the vibe i get too. like how with the dr1 class trials where the extra 16th seat is never used until the real junko/monokuma uses it. it symbolizes all the dr1/class 78th characters being together.

this empty 16th desk would serve a similar purpose. just to find some way to include hajime/izuru with the rest of the dr2/77th characters despite not showing up for that class.

but I just wanted Mukuro to be happy

Anyone got that pic of Junko saying "I love you Naegi!" with Naegi looking back in disgust?

When I get money, I plan to commission an gif of her doing pic related.

I hope I can get a nice 7 to complement these 7's

Yo, nidai, it doesn't sound as good over vocaroo, but here's my attempt at Snake from 999.

vocaroo.com/i/s1exDfjimzfX

We all did user, we all did. Those kids from class 77? They got a second chance, but class 78? Well those freezers can't keep running forever.

Man, this is why I stopped watching anime.
I didn't want to be reminded of the fucking sad life I have. Seeing happy slice of life school adventures just makes me feel like this.

Anyone got the pixiv tags for the Mirai hen characters?

Typically what I do is go to the wiki of the character im looking for and copy and paste the Japanese translation of their name into the search function.

It's all under ダンガンロンパ3

This thought has been reached before, however I sat down and thought about it. Ryota was obviously recruited into the future foundation as his skinny self. Yet at the same time in the OP twogami is raising hell. They can't both exist in the same place, plus if twogami's true name was ryota they never would've let him join since he's an ultimate despair.

To be honest I don't think the Sterling Committee forcibly prevented Izuru from attending classes. It's possible that he simply chose not to go to class and would prefer private tutoring

Well at least Class 78 can die knowing they didn't destroy the world..... well except Junko and Mukuro.

at least we'll get more Ikusabae in the anime

>plus if twogami's true name was ryota they never would've let him join since he's an ultimate despair.

That's why he went back to being Togami. At this point they would already know that he has a talent of impersonating people so FF Ryouta would be fine.

Will he ever be redeemed?

Mikan knows what she did. . .

But he's dead

he's not a bad guy. He's a stupid guy who got manipulated into killing someone because he happened to be in a killing game. He doesn't really need to be redeemed.

>implying future arc won't be going back to the past and saving class 78

1 minute until it starts

It won't be. This meme needs to die. Those guys are gone forever

Daily reminder Chihiro Fujisaki sucks HUGE ass COCK.

why didn't they just tough it out? Sakura, Aoi, Kirigiri, and Genocider should've been strong enough to handle Monokuma

>trusting Kohacka

He does, every night.

>Kirigiri
>Aoi

Chihiro Fujisaki gets RAILED on by different MEN every other day and HE likes it.

Does this game have an anime adoption?

Nothing aginst that.

What is that gesture supposed to imply?

CxT pls leave

Aoi and sakura were the strongest. Kirigiri fought off Junko

Makoto has no incentive to mess with time

>he

>Aoi

No she wasn't

And Junko just took off because she didn't want to get caught. Kirigiri didn't fight her

>implying Makoto won't send his consciousness back in time to warn everyone

>no incentive to mess with time
>saving his girlfriend and his friends from killing each other isn't an incentive.

JUSTness

Never.

With age comes experience.

>kodaka borrowing more ideas from uchi
Jesus fuck, he's just crazy enough to actually try that shit

Honestly for a while I thought this was going to be the objective of the third game. Kodaka mentioned in previous interviews that he was interested in playing with time travel. If the V in V3 stands for victory it would only make sense that the endgame has you traveling back in time to prevent everything.

It really makes you wonder how the hell you spent your time at school. All I remember happening in the middle of class is just class. And fire drills

It never showed them dying, they just got dragged off.

Monaca was also suspiciously quick to say they were dead when Kotoko asked and threw a fit for questioning her.

What does he think of Naegi, I wonder.

Nagisa was shown being crushed by a fucking robot at least.

I hope he doesn't but it's Kodaka and Uchikoshi's dick is too deep inside his throat so he'll probably do it since he already hinted at time travel being used for the third game aka V3.

But doesn't mean it will pertain to the HPA saga. V3 is moving on to a new saga. The time travel could be used for that new story only

celeste honestly looks a lot like mukuro when her hair is down like that
There's that I guess
Whelp, she has only 11 episodes left to make an appearance and do something awesome. Lets hope for the best
The ovary theory?

much as I want her alive again, the series can't be reviving dead people or it's ruined forever

Yeah the time travel will be used to tie back into HPA when kodaka lies to us again. Monokuma is the only familiar face my ass. However I do agree if he is going to pull that shit, it isn't going to happen in this anime or killer killer. This "saga" is going to end in the worst way with him saying, "lol, they're all dead, on to the next saga". Then he fucks with us again and brings them all back.

thats would be cheap

Ehh I doubt it but I wouldn't put it past Kodaka. He seems pretty done with HPA and so am I. The time travel should just be exclusive for V3 onwards

Double edged sword, it lessens the impact of the show, but I've seen dozens die throughout this series already. I think I would be okay with a change, "reverse tragedy" if you will. Maybe we could get some true romance going.
Why introduce time travel at all if you can't use it to save the world? It's like chekhov's gun, if you're gonna introduce something as OP as time travel you should use it for it's obvious purpose. But then again, this is kodaka.

>. Maybe we could get some true
how about we dont

if for some odd reason Monaca does not show up in the anime it means she will be in V3

Yeah use it to save the world of V3. Or maybe change an event that happened during V3's timeline.

Point is they don't need to connect it back to HPA. Let that story end and stay done. Having all this big reset button would be incredibly cheap and lazy writing. Danganronpa's themes is about death and moving on. Take that away and it becomes hollow.

No Monaca would have to show up in DR3 or Killer Killer or she doesn't show up at all. V3 is cutting off the HPA stuff except Monokuma. It's a brand new story.

Stop tempting me, no exceptions. If we revive somebody we have to revive everybody and death has no meaning. Mukuro deserved more, but so did Ishimaru, or Sakura, or Chihiro. Death isn't about deserving, it carries that sense of loss of what could have been.

as painful as it is to type that out

I wouldn't be able to get past it, no time travel then.
Not a romance fan?
>believing kodaka
just like how makoto isn't in the middle of a killing game?
So the dead stay dead huh? Such is fate I guess, fuck this series. Also to hell with kodaka bringing chiaki back, just get it over with and rekill her already.

Monaka could very likely show up in killer killer, the rough timeline of the series should put killer killer just after DRAE. Hell we might actually get some closure as to what happened at Towa city

Just be happy you care enough about a character to mourn their death, I guess.

>inb4 Chihiro has a machine that restore the dead if they are preseved AKA frozen

>HPA
Monaca relation with that was not big only elementary level and it does not really shape what she does.

>Not a romance fan?
Nope you can thank tumblr for that im pretty fed up with it

Just remember that your favorite character's death isn't as badly written and pointless as Ishimaru's were nobody mourned his death.

I would like romance more if it wasn't constantly shoved in my face. Because you know, I constantly need reminders of how lonely I am.

feels good. I hated him and Mondo.