NA: [KUMA]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021519
EU: [NOFUN]: eu.wargaming.net/clans/500011239/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/AD7xmml
strawpoll.me/10726440
playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/g2GxpPb
cnrs-scrn.org/northern_mariner/vol19/tnm_19_291-317.pdf
ijnhonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/hone_doctrine-in-the-usn_-rev10-02.pdf
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yuKqVruI1XqFdNPeakMKc6xGQzVanDGfoKpRmOMvYbI/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for autism

second for NAutism

>playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/AD7xmml
new players use this if you want dank free boats

IMPORTANT POLL pls respond
strawpoll.me/10726440

wow fag, shitposting already

>1905+111
>picking any bote but Mikasa

playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/g2GxpPb

USE THIS INVITE CODE INSTEAD NEW FRIENDS :^)

>people who vote for pre-dreadnought
Disgusting

>most popular botes are still Yamato and Iowa
all is right in the world.

Iowa is not a battleship.

fuck off nelsonfag

Opinion disregarded.

>Be away from Warships due to summer break and rural internet at home
>Look at the referral bonuses
>Can get those recruit player rewards if I don't play for 3 months.

Neat. Free Texas soon I guess :^)

>12in of belt
>1.5in of deck
why are murikeks so desperate to reverse reality for their fake gospel of history?

post ASMR and I will make an account :3

Man: CV
Loli: every other class

Autismati plos

Try doing it in a warspite, you'll notice a big difference in turret rotation with the upgrade.

If it wasn't a battlehip we would have classified it as a battlecruiser like we did with the other battlecruisers

also nice b8 m8 8/8

Huh, I didn't know Iowa's deck armor is that thin.

I don't understand these numbers.
Please convert to civilized unit.

>living in a third world country

SEA is so dead in this game. WTF happened we have like 6 active players?

But busy shitposting other board

Because I can't play Ranked Battle if no one else in the server is playing

I'm*

Why does Kirov has such great guns? Citpenning warspite and NewYork at 11km

>every other ship measured at the boilers
>Montana at wherever it's a fake ship who cares
>Iowa measured at magazines
lmao murrilards are this desperate XD

It steer like a battleship and have citadel of a kuma

>Cit pens on a ship with bugged amour

>if I call it bait maybe he will stop hurting my feelings

Moved to NA because reasons

Why do I drive boats significantly better than I drive tanks?

>tfw 59% blue shitter in tanks
>tfw 68% purple in ships

>tanks
>botes
>not superior plon master race

that's an incubus
that's a girl

>that's an incubus
wow retard

Ohio /wowsg/

gday

What's the ping like? Do you have to start all over again?

>Do you have to start all over again?
yup

Ping is same for me; 100ms both servers
Starting over wasn't a big deal for me because i only ground lines I didn't have, + NA has a billion events and boosters and even refer a friend now

I don't think I can be arsed, I'd rather just play any other game than start all over again and experience the same shitty grind twice.

But can you do this on SEA?

>ghost shells literally ruining battleships for me

>completely killed buckling down for ranked

>50% chance a salvo that hits a destroyer will even register a single hit

pic related

Yea cuz my zuiho stats are better than yours.

Well you probably can when premium, zulu hotel and bonus xp from events are included along with it being a t10 CV on the OP CV line.

>second related

please help

I noticed in replay that ship names are a ship length behind the actual ship, but i am still getting ghost shells.

I hit 8 shells that game out of 160 fired.

8 out of 160

Fucking hell.

>Bragging about playing the most OP ship of the most OP line against the shittiest ship on the less OP line WHILE getting carried by NA's finest.
wow, it's fucking nothing!

You need to play t10 CV on SEA
and tell me there's a viable loadout apart from 4-2-2
Go on I dare you

Maybe you're too dumb to understand what the all or nothing armor scheme means.

It's because US wargames and doctrine, I'm looking for the link now, but essentially they determined that a decisive engagement would only happen at less than 18k yards or so, and anything further would result in an inconclusive battle. So all of the battleships after were designed with thicker belts and lighter deck armor to create an immunity zone in the engagement ranges they preferred which was about 15k yards.

Also the deck is 1.5 inches, take a look under the deck and you'll see the thicker part.

>no kraken

cnrs-scrn.org/northern_mariner/vol19/tnm_19_291-317.pdf

Here you go, a link to the pdf summarizing the whole thing.

based US and their brawling armor

I play vs t10 all the time and I find 1/1/3 to be viable

Can't an enemy Taiho just stick 1 squad of fighters on your fighters then fly his bombers through?

Yes. This is why IJN need some nerfs

To be specific they need to be nerfed to 1 squad of fighters in strike at all tiers for IJN CV.

They need to be nerfed further by putting the other squads in to divebombers to blunt them further and make them more RNG so that they can get fucked just as hard as USN.

You realize IJN DBs are a lot less RNG-reliant than the USN ones, right?

They also do half the damage so it would still be a net nerf. 1/2/4

Shit nigga just make every loadout 0/0/6 so we can make their class super RNG. And then nerf their HP to 1 and increase everyone's AA 10 fold yea.

I'd love it if WG brings back the fighterless strike loadout of IJN CVs. Shit was OP as hell.

>tfw in the match but was mediocre

>Play BB/CA
>Your DD's play like retards, don't push caps and get themselves killed early putting your team at severe disadvantage
>Play DD
>Your team doesn't do anything beside taking unnecessary damage to the point of destruction and outright loses the game for you

Oh gee a slippery slope fallacy.

How about you fuck off and try and produce an equitable solution to the problem with CVs.

Sorry, butchered the formatting there.
>It's because US wargames and doctrine, I'm looking for the link now, but essentially they determined that a decisive engagement would only happen at less than 18k yards or so, and anything further would result in an inconclusive battle.
>in the engagement ranges they preferred which was about 15k yards.
Was this determined after the war began? Because according to what I've read at
>ijnhonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/hone_doctrine-in-the-usn_-rev10-02.pdf
the US reached the opposite conclusion in the interwar years and favored opening fire at anywhere from extreme range (27k+ yards) to Long range (21k yards-27k yards), preferably with aerial spotting, and designed their deck armor and immunity zones with that in mind. Quoting from the source,
>The emphasis on aggressive offensive action and the use of long range fire with aerial
spotting remained staples of the Navy’s doctrine through the interwar period.
>In Fleet Problem X (1930), New Mexico opened fire at the extreme range of 35,000 yards.67 In the mock combat of Fleet Problem XI (1930), the opposing fleets opened fire at 32,000 yards.68 Fleet Problem XIII (1932) witnessed Nevada firing at 30,000 yards.69 During problem XVI (1935) fire was opened at 38,000 yards.70 In Fleet Problem XVII (1936), maximum gun range was considered to be 35,000 yards; during Fleet Problem XX (1939), fire was opened at that extreme range.71
And, quoting F.T. 143, War Instruction, USN, 1934,
>Fire should be opened, normally, at the maximum range at which an effective fire can delivered under the conditions which exist at the time

Well, I still fucked it up, but whatever.

And none of that is really specific it's like saying even if you possess more range you should open fire at the first opportunity you have to reliably hit something. Probably due to logistical issues with the ships in question, battleships aren't really replaceable if you notice many of them only had 2/3 of each hull built for the entire war. Texas famously saw actions in both world wars right? That's a commitment in both manpower and resources to keeping a single vessel fighting fit, they have no intentions of replacing them.

It's actually a rather good arrangement of armor.

One thick armor deck is better than several thinner ones of equal total strength when it comes to stopping shells.

Don't die /wowsg/

don't worry user we're not quite ded yet
although SEA hour ain't exactly lively these days

SEAmen too busy enjoying Room Serivce?

>German BB tree has a battle cruiser shoehorned in as its tier 7

Those 280mm guns had better be amazing considering what it will be up against.

Actually, do you think we'll ever get battle cruiser trees?

Once they have other nations in probably.
There would be enough for most of a UK and Jap line I'd imagine.

Well its the downward spiral of not having anyone to div with meaning you log off, then guy #2 logs on and noone is there and he logs off, guy #3 etc etc and so on..

The US could have one too if they include vessels cancelled by the naval disarmament treaties.

The Germans could also have one, but it'd be heavy with WWI designs - that said I'd kill for a Moltke.

>tfw trucking along just fine all through this because I've always played solo anyway and really don't mind how active the community is

Welp SNST, I think you throw in the towel like me. Save yourself from the excruciating headache that is ranked. Maybe next season would be better, I highly doubt it with the declining player base.

think you should*

Secondary is totally not a meme, guys! I swear!

Gneisenau will have the 38 cm guns, and most certainly does not have exploding-magazines-tier armor like a battlecruiser.

Scharnhorst with 28 cm guns will be a prem ship, which WG wil make of balans)))))) to generate more shekels.

What is this thing on top of Iowa's secondaries?

A sighting hood.

If all other fire control is lost, a guy sticks out his head and uses the sight to aim the turret.
The hood is there to protect that guy from splinters.

If you look more closely at a lot of the things you see on those ships, most of them are there to somehow keep the ship afloat and moving and the guns firing while half the crew is dead and everything is on fire and blown to shreds.

>>German BB tree has a battle cruiser shoehorned in as its tier 7
Japan has a Battclecruiser at T8 and T5, America has a Battlecruiser at T9, what's new?

Interesting. Sucks to be that guy, though.

>Made a skin for Hipper with yellow(!) turrets
>Apply Skin
>Weird layer of blur on top of my skin
>Tried to edit the xml and camo
>Doesn't work
How do I fix this /wowsg/? I can't find where to edit the parts that are covers the turrets

>Sucks to be that guy, though.
If things have gone that far to shit, it sucks to be on the ship period.

sorry m8, it's been years since I tried doing something like that in WoT

Didn't the Seydlitz survive that?

I don't understand why people bother making cosmetic mods if the only one who can see it is themselves.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yuKqVruI1XqFdNPeakMKc6xGQzVanDGfoKpRmOMvYbI/edit#gid=0

This spreadsheet linked to in the pastebin of OP is mine and I haven't updated it in months. HOWEVER, I'm beginning to play wows again as of 2 days ago so expect updates soon, provided I don't suddenly quit again within the next few days.

>SteelOceanShill

It's almost like they just enjoy what their ship looks like with whatever changes they made or something.

The ship suffered severe damage during both of these engagements; during the Battle of Dogger Bank, a 13.5 in (34.3 cm) shell from the British battlecruiser Lion struck Seydlitz's rearmost turret and nearly caused a magazine explosion that could have destroyed the ship. At the Battle of Jutland she was hit 21 times by heavy caliber shells, one of which penetrated the working chamber of the aft superfiring turret. Although the resulting fire destroyed the turret, the safety measures put in place after the battle of Dogger Bank prevented a worse catastrophe. The ship was also hit by a torpedo during the battle, causing her to take in over 5,300 metric tons of water, and her freeboard was reduced to 2.5 m.

Yup.

Am confused, or perhaps missed reference. What does SteelOcean have to do with what I said?

But what's the point if other people can't see it?

What if they don't want other people to see it? Or heaven forbid, they don't care if other people see it or not?

The point would be that *you* see it and that *you* enjoy it.