Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lT81K40ew3s
youtube.com/watch?v=i0ONLGCKFsY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

darkstalkers are not dead!

How the fuck is Melee 3 hours behind schedule?

How can any tournament be 3 hours behind schedule?

>Ugliest colors in the game are the most expensive

JUST GIVE US THE FUCKING FAMITSU COLORS

because Melee is slow as molasses

I thought they didn't have a lot of setups

What are the Famitsu colors?

>wizard tweets a picture of a giant basketball stadium for evo
>the tournament takes place in an empty warehouse
What the fuck happened? How did Evo deteriorate from a glitzy hotel ball room to a fucking warehouse?

I think that was the other smash unless it was both of them

Faust's item RNG is THE absolute most retarded design choice I've seen in a competitive game, but goobers will defend this.

I got Bobby by the pound, Whiteney by the key
DJ Screw by the gallon, bitch the game belong to me

SOMEONE POST THE GUIDE ON HOW TO PERFORM THE SFV FM EXPLOIT FOR THE PS4

Best OP.

Did you mean danger time?

>tfw cant find a character i like in UNIEL
rip

they could probably only rent out the stadium for finals day

Time to get rid of the other 2 Zatos.

GOOGLE IT YOU RETARD

the big stadium is for sunday, dumb frog poster.

Reminder that RNG mechanics are good game design and you shitters just need to learn how to adapt to them.

didnt they fix it

Zappa as a character is worse.

No still not patched for 1.06

>3 streams dedicated to smash
>takes up an entire half of the tournament

at least it weeds out all the anime shit

just fuck my shit up

delete this

so... ps4 players can get the new DLC for free?

>that webm
Apex kek jesus christ danger time is fucking ridiculous. Funny, now that I think about it we havent seen it once yet.

who's that qt girl that's been sitting on the floor for hours now
i want to impregnate her 2bh

The best colors in the game for 3/4 of the cast.

Are you stupid? Friday and Saturday are at the Expo Center and Sunday is at the Mandalay Bay.

The old set up wouldn't have even been able to service SFV by itself.

simple: EVO only cares about $$$. They want those viewership numbers because that brings in the money. They want also want people to buy tickets for Sunday, which is also going to make them a lot of money.

The actual tournament experience? They couldn't give less of a fuck. The fact that they threw 20 thousand people into an empty warehouse should tell you how much they care about the players.

The American FGC brags about being grass roots but there is no one on earth who sells out faster than the American FGC.

Everyone from the players to the TOs will do anything to extract money out of the FGC.

If you want to be part of a community that plays fighting games because they're fun then move to japan

same! she looks just like my ex i miss her so much

Aren't those just the extra colors in the shop?

based marlinpie

FUCK

>american in gg top 8 again
>no american will make SFV top 8

SFV had three streams dedicated to it earlier in the day and still wasn't able to show most matches. They'll have three streams for SFV on Saturday as well.

> let's stuff 15k people into a small hotel ball room instead of an expo center designed for up to 30k people to attend large events

Thank god you aren't anywhere near event organizing.

Nigga shutup

Jesus, these Goober Gear Japs are pathetic. How can they let an Americuck reach top 8? I can't believe how weak they are. There are probably 20 Japs that will wipe the floor with every westerner in Street Fighter. I guess that's the difference in level between the world's most popular fighting game and degenerate anime drivel.

I heard they put an ssl certificate on the website already. That was the reason it worked in the first place

>The American FGC brags about being grass roots but there is no one on earth who sells out faster than the American FGC.

With events like SBO and everything Korean, you're dead wrong.

they moved to that "empty warehouse" because the previous venues would absolutely not have supported the numbers that they got this year. last year at ballys/vegas was swamped, and iirc was barely at around half the entrants as this year. even the gigantic westgate/lvh ballroom wouldn't have cut it; they went from having under 60 different tournament setups to over 300 at this new venue.

no the shop only has up to color 15. The famitsu colors are color 16 and the CPT are 17.

Wow that's actually kinda annoying

Marlinpie simply was lucky to get all the trash Japs while all the good Japs kill each other. Nage, FAB, Hazegawa etc all kicked out by other Japs. Meanwhile Marlinpie gets to play all the mediore ones. He was really fucking lucky with the brackets.

i thought you guys said johnny was the best character in this game? why are there so many zatos?

>Smash is 3h late
>Xrd is 1h early

Our boy Speeddicks beat a Korean to Top 8 in Tekken 7.

America wins again! Korea BTFO!

I don't understand, I remember a lot of people everywhere posting shit like:
>When is the fucking zenny shop going to go up? I don't want to bother with this survival bullshit, just let me buy costumes and colors outright!
But from what I'm seeing here and in other sites now Capcom is literally Hitler because they did just that? I mean, I don't care about cosmetics either way but isn't this shit exactly what people wanted? Other than the people who expected free colors of course, but those were just delusional.

There has been 3 Zatos for the entirety of the stream that has been up for 7 hours now. One is Ogawa, the other one an NA player who got a rigged easy brackets, and this one some KR wonderchild. Theres already at least one Johnny in Top8 winners.

Fuck this shit though, 3 Zatos in losers most likely. Fucking retarded.

Where do we find the times? I want to make fun of smash players

having to buy colors instead of survival grinding is better in the sense that i'd rather chop off a toe than a finger.

>3 zatos in top 8

Solution: stop taKing bribes to put games on the EVO roster.

It's as simple as that.

Are you fucking retarded? SBO was famous because of its prestige NOT because of its prizes. Japan is filled with arcade communities that still plays ancient fighting games as if they had come out yesterday.

You think those a-cho dudes are trying to become rich by playing Alpha 3? lmaooooo

>All in losers
>All from different countries
That's actually pretty cool

>Xrd EVO Top 8
Zato strongest character in the game, 1 Zato top 8

>Revelator EVO Top 8
Sin, Johnny, Elphelt stronger than Zato, 3 Zatos top 8

Fucking cancer.

>3 Zatos in top 8

>3 zatos

at least they're 3 different nationalities I guess?

look at it this way
people wanted the zenny shop to open up when the avenue to the content you're describing was to only grind through survival and other sp modes to get the fight money required for them
then someone came up with the ability to get the same content for free, cutting the grind from the equation
the zenny shop opens, the avenue that was "free" is closed, leaving either pay with money or time
people are simply lamenting not being able to get the content completely free anymore

Local goobers say Zato is all execution and braindead. Supposedly Johnny is much harder to use.

where's the good shit going down, arcadestream is fucking lame.

you cant buy colors yet tho?

Is that Mr Biscuits on the GG stream? What the fuck? Wasn't that dude like Floe/Marn levels of fat?

yes
no

was just in the shop, you can buy colors with fight money

Wow it's almost as if people can change over time

johnny's difficulty is exaggerated. like i-no, he was really hard in xx, but in xrd, it's nowhere near as bad. just because anime players can't into not jumping all the time doesn't mean he's difficult since he has to play a ground game.

anyone want to sleep with me

im here alone

room 342

How much would it cost to make my own fight stick? I really don't want to spend 150 dollars on one.

Mr biscuits was obese

SBO didn't give out a lot of prize money, but it sure was happy to milk the scene and jew as much money as possible. Japan majors are almost always hosted by a big company.

WHEN THE FUCK IS CAPCOM GONNA ALLOW ME TO USE MY PS3 FIGHTSTICK ON PC FOR SF5?

Unless you have some way of making a decent case just get a decent one used. If anything fails you can replace it easily.

not 3-10

Sin
Milia
Raven
Ky
Zato
Zato
Zato
Johnny

never :^) buy a new fightstick

You already paid for it, why would they give a fuck lol?

>no Sin, Ino, Ram, Venom in top8
>instead Millia, Raven, tripple cancer Zato
Not really happy with this to be honest. At least the Zatos will kill each other. Still pretty lame, though.

How do I make a box for the stick? is it hard to cut the holes without power tools?

Yet fgg still complains about Elphelt and Jack-O and thinks Raven is trash.

sfv is my first fighting game and I have 70 hours in it but I still can't get over 400lp is this normal or am I very bad?

you boned
if you want to get another stick, look for someone selling a 360 stick secondhand
those work on PC

anyone uniel pc eu?

can we revive arcsys general?

if you ever stand still and try to time up me again i will find you and i will fucking end you

>Implying anyone plays Ram anymore

google xoutput

Johnny is literally the second most played character in Japanese arcades. Should tell you something about how hard he actually is to utilize. There are also 11 (ELEVEN) Johnnys in the top 100 arcade rankings.

that's pretty bad if you've been doing solely ranked.

who do you play as?

>no sin

t. capkek

Just got this, completely new to fighting games though. Any decent UNIEL specific guides? Didn't see one in the FAQ

>have fun lobbying with some random
>add him so we can play together later
>he just acts confused and unreceptive because he was probably expecting hate mail

Please I just want friends

Why do these colors sound so edgy? Did Nash develop this game?

What just happened in gg

start here
same channel also has character guides

Why not though. They also play Pot.

youtube.com/watch?v=i0ONLGCKFsY

Cheers

some people are stressed out by the idea of online friends
don't take it personally