twitter.com/AnonBabble

Today is the dawn of the new world.

no is sleep now

Hoy.

Hoy, wake up. It's morning.

I will change this chan.

>tfw yuropoor
>wake up at the same time as Americans anyway

And now I'm going to go watch the DeSu 2 anime.

Hoy.

What kind of modern world spook demons like Chemtrail in smt4 are we going to see in smt5?
Global warming?
Multiculturalism?

Maybe Monsanto. That shitty GMO OMG movie tried to make them out to be a demon with the out-of-context Haitians (iirc) singing about them.

Famed/Hero Trump

>GMO OMG movie
wot. I will never understand why people hate GMOs so much. Monsanto is a shitty company but GMOs are alright.

Maybe a free mason or illuminati? Or a Draconian?

Oh wow I just looked it up, I never actually knew what Chemtrail was based on.

That's really stupid.

GMOs in general would be a good demon I suppose, or rather people's irrational fear of them.

People's irrational fear of shit is the foundation for half the demons in the series, and in mythology in general

Santa Claus and the flying spaghetti monster. The more stupid, the better.

>DeSu 2 anime

But why?

I like Serph.

He definitely represents a gentle and kind member of royalty.

I think the issue people have with Monsanto is the suspicion that their plants have nasty side effects, like producing pesticides that kill bees, weeds that are resistant to all poisons except Monsanto's, etc. All genuine fears if it's real, but I trust the documentaries about as much as Monsanto. I'd much prefer if it turned out the plants were part of a great demon hivemind.

The actual risk associated with GMO plants is that changing one section of genetic code can have tiny unknown side effects that could prove harmful in the long run. I'm thinking apple seeds with more cyanide in them over time, tomatoes that produce nicotine in the fruit and not just the leaves, so on and so forth.

Freemasons, Illuminati, and Sufis would all be cool narrative additions to have before the apocalypse kicks into gear. Maybe add in some Hare Krishnas and even some SubGeniuses for good measure. I'm pretty sure Ivan Stang, founder of the Church of the Subgenius, lives within walking distance of me.

A social justice warrior zombie and reaction internet faces redrawn by Doi himself.

>reaction internet faces
Don't give them ideas.

To stare at Fumi's legs

To be closer to my wife.

SK is Okay.

I only dislike that we have a SK avatarfag for some reason.

>The media
>Bolshevik clowns in government
>One world government
>Moral Majority
it's happening

I like to bully him back with pictures of Kagura.

Bully?

But it does nothing to me.

>mfw beating Beldr in Desu OC

Whew, okay. Time for the rest of the game to be easy.

Hoy.

Why does it seem that there is zero hype for Apocalypse? Were people dissapointed by spoilers? Or maybe people are more interested in P5? I've just realized that after Atlus release P5 in September, they will have zero announced games on their schedule.

Looks way too similar to IV/released months ago in Japan.

what's there to discuss now

why Dadgda has a question mark on him

I'm looking forward to it, but it's not too much different from smt 4 and probably 80% of smt players care more about p5.

I don't care about P5 at all. Couldn't even finish P4 and considering how successful that was I'm pretty sure 5 will be more of that.

I'm more excited for EOV than SMTIV:A or P5

I really don't care about P5. Not all that hyped for Apocalypse either though because of the spoilers. I'm willing to bet the people most hyped fled the general to avoid being spoiled.

And they'll probably be disappointed as fuck. You know what to expect at least.

It has handcrafted dungeons, demons as enemies and is bringing back skills from Persona 1/Raidou games so it's looking more promising than SMT IV in a lot of ways.

>tfw there's no reason to roll with a crew of only Egyptian demons because they're all MAG focused healers
>most of them aren't even good

kill me

I'm really excited for it because IV was my first SMT and I just beat it like, last week, so more of that seems great. My only reservations are that a plucky teenager seems like a much worse protagonist than a stoic foreign samurai and that I can't seem to fidn any description of what the routes are, since I know it doesn't have the same Law/Chaos.

Also; is Strnge Journey worth playing if IV was a little tough for me and I care more about story than gameplay?

We're in a smtg specific general though, and if you look at the "general smt community" (aka their shitty subreddit) it's mostly persona shit.

Also, I was avoiding here because of spoilers but I already had a few endgame stuff spoiled by looking up a demon's stats for smt4 in the wiki, so here I am.

I've literally never played a Persona game before and I'm hype for P5 based almost exclusively on how good the soundtrack seems.

Strange Journey's story is fine. Much different setting than any other Megaten, and arguably much better alignment representatives than Walter and Jonathan. Bosses are really memorable too.

Keep in mind it has actual dungeons compared to SMT IV's shitty Persona hallways, and the battle system is weirder so you might have quite a tough time. But definitely try.

>I can't seem to fidn any description of what the routes are, since I know it doesn't have the same Law/Chaos
Do you mean how the ending cutscenes play out or what you actually do as the player? Because if it's the cutscenes and actual results Law/Chaos are basically the same as IV's with minor revisions.

Also SJ is great. Second favorite to IV, only really brought down by its shitty battle system and demon source mechanic if you ask me. Dungeons are way better than IV's hallways.

Is the whole Anarchy/Peace thing an alignment like Law/Chaos was in IV, or is it just a choice you make?

All routes are basically determined by a choice to roll with the demonic rep or not. Rejecting each one either puts you on Danu's or Dagda's. Forget which.

So you don't need to keep track of your stupid points again?

Not unless you care about a minor extra challenge for the main routes. I get that a lot of you like that you don't need to worry about fucking up, but this also means most of your choices don't really matter. To me that's a pretty big bummer.

My problem with IV system is that it assumes too much about your character based on those choices.
Why does being polite,kind and merciful means that I want to go commit a genocide based on nothing but a say-so of some arrogant angel? Why does being a ruthless asshole means I want to join my enemy and burn down my hometown for no reason?
Your personality does not define your beliefs or what you believe is right.

From a design standpoint, I'd prefer that every decision came with a benefit and a drawback, in the short term and long term. Help one faction out and get an exclusive weapon right off the bat, then towards the end game get a different event with the faction you helped or get attacked by the guys you pissed off. The alignment system is OK, but Ogre Battle 64 did it a little better where certain allies would only join you permanently if you were above or below a certain alignment value at key events.

I hate getting locked out of shit though, or having events that disappear after a certain point. I'd really like to be able to go back and explore for stuff I missed. I'm looking at you, Arc the Lad I and your bullshit requirements for getting the infinite MP item.

>play DDS
>stellar visuals and worldbuilding but literally everything else was given absolute bare minimum effort
Is it worth completing DDS2 or should I just move onto something else?

This is so true.

SMTIV was my fist mainline game, and I didn't really know anything about alignments and such, and just played it like I would any other JRPG, being super kind to everyone, helping people out and generally just being a massive moralfag.

Of course I ended up on the Law route.

>mfw

While that's true, it pisses me off that instead of actually trying to address the flaws of the alignment system, they scrapped it entirely. I'd take a poorly thought out system of consequences over none at all.

>I hate getting locked out of shit though, or having events that disappear after a certain point.
I don't mind it if there's some kind of warning and the window for getting the content isn't too small.

I don't usually recomend games just for the story but it's a wild ride. Also the gameplay is good and there are some of the best bosses in the frachise so...

youtube.com/watch?v=Lhqo6yTOg4U

>says Shin Megami Tensei properly

That's cool, man.

Any news on Devil Summoner translation patch?

I am an angelic bringer of victory!

Anyone else watching Catherine at EVO?

>tfw no game where Law isn't retarded

Stream link right now, Mister.

I thought it wasn't at EVO this year?

>Hello I am the best Persona girl.jpg

ghoul02 on twitch.

Is there a complete list of all the demons in Final?

KirbyLover69 Vs. Reset up next. That last match ended pretty fast and with some goofy screwups.

>kinda want to try out Nocturne
>but have hardcore RPG fatigue after beating SMTIV
>don't want to burn myself out before Apocalypse comes out

help

What do you mean by bare minimum effort?

Check the wiki.

how long did it take you to play IV

30 hours?

not in game time

can't find a list.

DeSuO?

A little more than a month?

Don't play Nocturne

As of DDS1: one-dimensional characters, elementary puzzles, minimal dialogue, lazy soundtrack (subjective), standard fare combat, copious plot devices. The battle royale and castle segments were especially trite, unless the latter was intentionally some Silent Hill homage or what have you.

They aren't heinous crimes per se but in conjunction they come off as lazy and plastic.

Oh snap, I thought it wasn't gonna be there this year.

It's the only reason I care about EVO.

>lazy soundtrack

nigga I'll fucking kill you

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_Al8lCKKE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFhXPvElNZ0

You addressed the only part of my post that was marked as wholly subjective.

At the risk of being reductionist... woohoo, electric guitars.

Yo what the fuck is with Joe's stats, Io has more STR than him right now

So, I'm going through SMTIV, and this is my first SMT ever, I'm from /feg/, here's the thing though: I just learned of pic related. Is this a sequel or something?

Yeah, it's a sequel

I'll agree that the dungeon design and puzzles could have been more complex, but that's the only problem I have with DDS.

Kind of. Spin-off story based on >one< of the game's endings.

You play a different character at the same time IV takes place with a plot that runs alongside one of the possible endings

Joe's a MA/AG focused character. basically a speedy glass cannon. Slap him with Drain or Phy Resist/Null and a powerful magic and he destroys everything.

Is it worth getting? I'm in Shinjuku right now in IV and just met a girl named Hiraku, I'm having fun with it, but the plot's not that great, least to me.

Honestly, DDS2 kinda plunges in quality around 2 thirds in and the whole ending feels rushed and non satisfying at all. The bosses and stuff is excellent though.

Which is weird because of that picture of Joe Multi-hitting Yamato.

>lazy soundtrack
True, it's subjective as fuck but there's some really nice and catchy tunes in the OST. Maybe you just don't like it but "lazy" is inaccurate.

The only thing rushed about the ending is that it gets you hyped and then says its time for a 6 hour dungeon if you want the ending.

To be fair, Joe has great AG so Multi Hit kinda works with him.

And then gives a fucking "lol morals and peace" ending that's 3 minutes long. It was really disappointing. Starting with Heat's death the writing goes down hill and it really feels like they were pressured to shit it out as fast as they could. The whole ride is legit fucking crazy and memorable but the writing and pacing itself is meh.

Things are about to get really fucking crazy.

If you like the gameplay, it's more of that but better with an arguably worse story. IV was my first game in the franchise and I'm excited for Apocalypse.

>Things are about to get really fucking crazy
How crazy are we talking?