/evog/ - Evolve General

VAC Banned Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki (Mostly outdated)

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Including what hunters/monsters unlock what):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/can-we-talk-about-the-balance-in-high-level-play/91716/18

Previous thread:

First for DOLLA

Salty OP

First for DC IF YOU SEE A SLIM

have there been people banned? Just wondering before I start trolling and calling "people" niggers and faggots.

good man

seriously my winrate has improved a lot after starting to dodge certain players and characters

>TRS litteraly plan to nerf Gorgon acid dmg by 50%
What the fuck

You are not meant to be able to rely on it alone

And you already cant
This is not a reasonable nerf

Yes you can

Is the performance in this game normally not so great? I'll get about 70fps until combat starts, and then it will drop down to 7. Particle effect quality is turned down to low but the frame drops make the game semi-unplayable.
Time to buy a 1060?

So, every rogue Val I see are immortal, should I just disconnect every time i see one as a monster or what ?

I suggest you XP for a bit and see what happen at higher level
I mostly Q as nopref and generally dislike playing monsters and I dont see how anyone will accept to play her if this go through

>ever buying anything under 70

Gorgon would be fine if the green bugs had less health before trapping a hunter.

I have a 760 now
Fuck man but the cash monny spence

no, kill the support first then heavily focus on her

damage is the same if the hunter starts in the area

What card? My 760 drops down to 40.

Just gotta tunnel vision that bitch, she's not great at healing others so if they've got a good defensive support (like Hank, Tech Sgt Hank or Sunny) kill the support then move onto Val, just got to kill her before her healing field resets.

Or you could git gud

my 760 grants me 60fps, you must be bottlenecked by your cpu or somethin

Already tried, killing the support while the medic is still alive is already difficult, and if I have to kill both support and medic before attacking the assault, I'm already dead. Current free assault does an insane amount of damage with his lightning thingy.

Rogue Val is honestly the only medic I have a problem with, every time I deal some damage to her, she instantly heal to full health, every fucking time.

Nope, brand new i5 and DDR4.
Do you measure it in heavy combat?

Also on a 760 here, constant 60fps with no drops at medium settings.

EVGA ACX 760 SC
Intel i5-4570
8 jiggys of ram.

I never have any problem killing the trap as Hank or Sunny

I think people just dont take time to focus the fucker and eat way too much webblast, it's like they have no idea what it does

This is exactly what I use.
Does yours get loud and warm when running games? Mine does, but I thought it was just the overcloking in action.

What monster are you playing as and what stage are you fighting people at? if they've got a strong line up just do your best to run and get stage 2/3, you'll fair pretty badly against her as stage 1, I can manage as MG to wipe a team with R.Val and Sunny, you should have even less problem if you play kraken or wraith. Also try and push support out of LOS as much as possible i.e off of cliffs, around corners anywhere it's disadvantageous for the medic to get a view of them.

I could check speccy but I think it only hits a max of 75°c.

Fuck, I am pretty sure I measured it to be 80, despite being very loud.
Do I really have a cucked card?

>mfw just played a game against a guy called #dontletmuslimsdrive

So, about the wraith, what's the deal with it.

Used to be a menace, now it gets blown to shit with even the most middle ground teams.

I'm level 21 or 22, but since it happens so rarely, it's still not clear what exactly is going on at stage3/relay defense

I've had like 3 or 4 stage 3 fights total in 25+ hours

why should we not dome the creature at that point?
why does the timer stop sometimes? does it stop because of the dome? or just when we're in combat?
can anyone explain the proper strategy for defending the relay?
other players (pubs) also seem confused at that point, some keep chasing the monsters some go back to the relay

>they nerfed maggie and wasteland maggie damage

for what purpose? wasteland maggie does less damage than maggie and has less utility

When the monster hits stage 3 run to the relay and pray to god your medic/support doesn't suddenly remember they have sever down syndrome. If you're lucky and your assault isn't using his shitty secondary weapon cause that AR reminds him of his Cawadoody, you'll deal enough damage to make the monster run away to get some armor back. This is when you dome him, unless he goes into a cave. NEVER DOME WHEN THE FUCKING MONSTER GOES INTO A CAVE. JUST BECAUSE THE BUTTON POPS UP DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO PRESS IT HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

>why should we not dome the creature at that point?
At stage 3 the monster is going to either come to rekt you or destroy the relay. Doming it as soon as you see it is stupid because it's not going to last enough time, he will just escape and recharge armor and come back and this time you won't have a dome. Not only that but you also risk getting trapped with the monster instead of trapping it.

Use your dome only if he is trying to escape without armor/ low health.
>why does the timer stop sometimes?
combat
>can anyone explain the proper strategy for defending the relay?
spread

Maggie does legitimately a lot of damage, if you just pop fools with your gat.

Wasteland Maggies nerfs?
She has flame doggo to make up for the damage, because its so reliable as a damage source :^]

on average i deal like 3k damage with maggie

meanwhile abe does 12k+. sure his trapping isn't as good, but tracking darts are goat tier and the stasis nades do their job.

If you do more damage with abe then you do with maggie then you should play more maggie. She's effective at more ranges than abe and her smg really does do more damage.

As for wasteland Maggie
Her damage isn't be calculated correctly no one knows how much she really does, not even TRS

you spend a lot more time replacing harpoon traps than you do shooting with maggie. abe just needs to throw one grenade every 5 seconds or so and reapply tracking darts when needed. i'm level 20 on both characters so i've play them roughly equally

along with spreading if you're a medic/support and being targeted its best to be around a jukeable structure to delay your possible death and waste the monster's time so assault can do more damage

I'm gonna do it today. I'm gonna be an absolute MADMAN and get a 100 match streak

gl hamster

you really don't, all you have to do is shoot one harpoon and go back to shooting. with bounty hunter it takes less than a second to do this.

if anything abe shoots less because of tracking dart and having to lob and aim a grenade. that and he's only getting full damage is he's close to the monster where as maggie just needs line of sight to full potential off her smg.

umaru is a dead meme. stop posting it.

U M R

NEVER DIE

Do you cry yourself to sleep every night?

No, I work on other games now. Why?

Whatcha working on then, and did everybody jump ship or what? How did the 100+ $ launch come to pass?

I'm now working for Gearbox.
The latest masterpiece I've worked on is a badass competitive game with a lot of content and strong indipendent characters.
You must've heard about it for sure. It's called battleborn

#IfOnlyNiceWasATruckFreeZone

On another note, how the fuck do new players get into the game if slims is the free rotation healer? Haven't won a game yet because I usually play trapper and slim is just shit, won loads of games 2 days ago when it was the healing nade bitch

>Do you cry yourself to sleep every night?

>you can hold goliath's rock by holding one
No one is safe

You can change something in the setting so abilities don't launch until you left click so you don't have to hold the button

Can you please explain the harpoon traps to me?
I tried them out in a custom game with a friend of mine playing monster and he said they slowed him down a bit but weren't really a big deal, I assume I'm using them wrong, my biggest issue with any of the stasis weapons is they don't prevent the monster jumping or goliaths charge.
I mostly play crowe so I assumed harpoon traps would be more effective than his stasis gun but it really didnt seem like they were.

No not everyone jumped ship, To tell you truthfully I only left to be closer to my fiancé. Turtle rock is a very relaxed work place everyone is very friendly it wasn't bad being a dev for them.
as for your second question I don't know the exact details I'm not in marketing and who ever decided the pre-order 100$ I never met. We make the game but we don't market it or price it, I heard it through the grapevine and thought that they were asking to much, but it sold well so maybe they must know something.

Question
Hunters always respawn when I down them? Or can I do something to make them dead forever? I'm new no bully

>implying slim isn't the best healer.
How can E.M.E.Ts even compete?

>Trufax
Posts with images and green text are more likely to get a (You)
Also, evolving increases the respawn timer.

>Hm. Robot.
>Hm. Human.

I really wish you just knew something I didn't about slim that would make him good.

Wasteland maggie's damage isn't reflected in the stats properly.

Confirmed by the devs

thanks

Stasis works by slowing the monsters movements without.
Harpoon traps work by hindering the monsters movements.
It's soft cc that cant' be easily removed
vs
Hard cc that can be easily removed.

Harpoons effect traversals and mobility based attacks much greater than stasis does. Harpoons also require the monster to break focus to remove them usually if he's already face the harpoon or the traps are poorly placed they are usually easily dealt with.

Tell you're friend to keep playing monsters when he's meets a good griffin he'll hate the harpoon.

Would you consider Griffons Harpoon better than Maggie's? or is it situational?
Also, any protips on gitting gud with Maggie's harpoons?

I read on wiki about other game types, like nest etc is that in game? I see only hunt

>wraith player runs around to get fast stage 3
>still loses to use when we fight at relay
so this is the power of stage 2

>free rotation Slims

Most people think griffin has the best CC because it works well in any situation.
Maggies doesn't really work well vs kraken for example, although that largely depends on how the kraken plays and where the dome is.

Only advice for normal maggies harpoons consistency, Fire a harpoon where it won't break before it can go off, go back to shooting.
The game doesn't tell you but guns reload with you needing to do it.
Every time a new trap is ready switch and fire a another and then shoot the monster again. Bounty hunter is really good for this and maybe a reload perk.
Putting harpoon traps on the edge of cliffs is usually better than the monsters feet and you ideally don't want all your traps in the same area, maggies harpoons are much more effective when the monster is forced to spend time breaking 2 or 3 harpoons on him from different directions.

But mostly you should play her because daisy a cute

meant without*
As in when you fire the harpoon gun you can shoot a regular gun and it'll reload automatically.

just dodge
if they are higher level players with higher level slims, consider staying

play him as you would play an assault, with reload and capacity perks.
facetank the monster and die
Always keep shooting the monster and die anyway
spam those heals!

>jack repulsor does not stop wraith's abduct or warp blast
what is the fucking point

currently 32k+ players in game, stage 2 picking up some steam again

pls answer

How does Jack go? I haven't seen anyone play him really. Mostly peopple are just playing maggie because they aren't founders or w/e.

How does Slim's spore gun work exactly? Are you supposed to shoot right at the monster or what?

Other modes have been disabled for now. Only hunt (and arena in custom games) is available atm. To play old modes you need to install the old evolve, but you'll hardly find any player

Thanks user
I'll give it a go, I assume I want to place down 3 harpoons somewhere and get the monster to walk into them?

I'll probably keep playing Crowe because shooting through armour has more utility than good trapping imo but I'll try them all out.

So is Hank or Sgt. Hank better?

I like bucket and he pulls some retarded damage but all these slims means someone has to keep the fucking team alive.

hank

Blitz Markov does so much fucking damage, oh my lord

Nerf soon

What monster gives the Cooldown reduction perks? I wanna spice up my Elder Kraken with some CD reduction perks

It's shit

His repulse gun is basically a reverse harpoon that doesn't last

only way to fuck up wraith shitters that zip around the map

Are poison damage ticks being counted in the post-game lobby as bucket?

It says I am only doing 7k damage with them but fucker melted like butter in a fatmans chin fold.

he's super fucking fun, real quake hero for sure

>Blitz Markov is worse than normal Markov

Nice patch

Balanced Abe the hunter!

Enjoy this poison turret bug while you still can. It'll be fixed soon.

Is Cabot any good?

>Tfw friend gets triggered if I play as monster
>Tfw he sometimes just goes AFK if I get monster because I guess I'm too good to him or something
>Tfw why am I not allowed to have fun too

>bug
Why wouldn't his turrets apply poison?

do you have autism? If you are there with your body you play with him, not against him.

Don't play with butthurt faggots.

I play monster most of the time and my friends tell me gud shit and ask where I was hiding when I win, or tell me to get fucked when I lose.

Playing with people you have to "go easy" on isn't fun for anyone

Nothing wrong with sometimes playing against friends.

Also sometimes even if I wasn't planning on being monster I end up as one anyway.

this. anybody that gets legitimately upset at friends playing games isn't worth playing with.

except in dota, because i got seriously pissed at my shitter friends because having fun in dota isn't possible unless you win