/rwg/ - Rimworld General

Not letting this oportunity go.

store.steampowered.com/app/294100/
ludeon.com/
rimworldgame.com/

So who's buying it at full price? Who's pirating it?

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/rimworld-alpha-14-t12952076.html#main
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm pirating it. Gotta buy the game on sale, and only if it's lower than 20€.

The game is great, but I don't play it enough to be worth the full price yet
also
>Early access

Dead
e
a
d

Whats the current alpha? If i have the most durrent one ill upload it to mega with a few mods in already.

Alpha 14. There's a torrent anyway, just downloaded.

>ludeon.com and rimworldgame.com dead on launch

>steam brings a shit ton of new customers
Who woulda thunk?

I really love the new Tech system, it makes RPing as a Amazonian Tribe alot easier.

Tynan said he doesn't care about piracy but Jesus 20+ bucks is too much even for such a good game. If I get the shekels together I'll definitely buy a copy or two since the guy's pretty fucking based.

The fuck
What do you do with the males?

I sell them into slavery/make them work the cotton fields

That reminds me the prisoner system could use a few additions. Prisoners should be able to do certain chores, right now they are nothing but a burden.

A pretty pricey one, though

Or if the winters been to harsh We eat them and make coats out of their skin ;D

Play a colony where all citizens are psychically deaf and allow ancient ship parts to drive invaders insane

post neighbors

i have a feeling once im friends with the last hostile tribe we're gonna wage a good war against the pirates

how much do you guys think this game is worth (if it weren't early access)

Thats actually a really good idea, Ill be sure to test it.

Waiting for a trade caravan from the outlander towns to come so I can raid the shit out of them, and waiting for the Tribe to try and raid so i can get better relations

I would say 20-25 Dollars right now, and 35-40 when its finished, its pretty fun as is, and mods only make it better.

Post compounds, I need inspiration.

So it is possible to compare this game to DF or are they two different?

If possible, which one is better overall?

Rimworld is a bit more casual and smaller than DF, on Df you start with seven and work your way up to like hundreds, While on Rimworld, you start with 1-5 and work your way up to twenty, which is the max IIRC.

In terms of Autism required to operate, DF is a 7/10 and Rimworld is like 2/10

Basically, If you like a small and comfy story of people just building a living for themselves with a Sci-Fi twist, Rimworld is great, but if you want a Story of hundreds of people Creating a Vast and majestic Fortress, surviving Horrors from every direction and generally kicking ass, you best stick with Dwarf Fortress.

RIP /rwg/ 2016-2016

>Alpha 14
>Ivan probably already pirated it, stuffed botnet inside and released on trackers
>time be of downloading, but check mods first
>dead site be of death
>cannot downloading of mods
Welp, guess the update can wait.

>tfw i got a few mods before it went down

Anyone else having their colonists stand around when there is no job to be done? I have a bunch of joy items around but they would rather stand outside in the snow.

Where can I find this? I'd like to try this before spending money on >early access

kat.cr/rimworld-alpha-14-t12952076.html#main
The other one by slavboi sokolov is not to be trusted.

Thanks bro.

No problem.

Did Alpha 14 introduce new major content besides scenarios?

I wonder if there is a mod for either hazmat suits or curing/lessening the effects of toxic fallout.
I'd love me some dangerous environments without needing 50 heaters and a tiny nuclear power plant.

Lots of new animals and animal icon replacements, pemmican (highly nutritious food consisting of meat, fat, and occasionally veggies) as a way to preserve food for winter, two new traits. (Pyromaniac and Creepy Breathing) Those are all I can list off the top of my head. Wish this general was more active, last night's thread on /v/ was comfy.

>Creepy Breathing
When did /mlp/ got into Rimworld?

Seriously though, there's sort of a changelog in the blog section.

Also a shit ton of new Backgrounds, and a good bit of traits that i never saw before, but that just might be because i only played a few hours of unmodded A12-13

>site is alive again
>mods are not updates the very microinstant the update hits
Welp, guess the update can wait.

The game doesn't need mods to be enjoyable.

>So who's buying it at full price?
Me, because people put a lot of love and work into this and deserve to be payed.

True. It does, however, need mods to be enjoyable when playing out a specific scenario.
Like building and defending a fortress which requires great deal of self-sufficiency.
Or a mod that allows patching up the gear.
Or a mod that adds protection against toxic fallout so the schmucks can go out and fix the perimeter walls without puking their guts out afterwards.
All can be done without mods. It just won't be as enjoyable.

The dev said the game is more easier to mod than ever (people complained A13 being hard to mod), so we might see some cool mods around.

Hope the zombie one gets updated

One mod that I hope gets updated is the one that added lots of medieval armor, weapons, and structures. Rimworld goes in depth on tribal, industrial and modern/future tech but is really lacking on medieval tech.

>trade ten plasteel for a bunch of potatoes, beer and chocolate
>lose the plasteel but don't get any of the items It raded for

??????????????????

It's on the ground.

>going for the rich solo option
>trying to find the perfect first starter colonist
>only requirements are has to be male and not shitty
>2-1 ratio for female to male options apparently
>finally get someone decent
>see this

What's greedy do again?

Needs a better room. Still I'm all about that lore and immersion so I don't want my proto settler to be a greedy homo.

>High Caliber and Glitter world tech are already updated

Any mods that add rails?