/indie/ Indie Games General

Big and Little Ducky Edition

Last Thread:

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens Underrail, Machinarium, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Sonic Dreams Collection, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/467380/
just-some-user.tumblr.com
vg247.com/2016/03/24/super-meat-boy-and-binding-of-isaac-creators-mew-genics-cancelled/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUJCrgJnzM
youtube.com/watch?v=dvJmKxiST4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit, they added a watermark when I downloaded that image

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

I agree

My game crashed on the level before the final boss on Super Meat Boy and I just don't give a shit anymore, fuck that game jesus christ. It has so many fucking obnoxious design choices to make it "difficult"

>inb4 lel git le gud xD meme

I stopped on the level before the final boss.
I've heard that edmund has never beaten the game before

>I am incapable of gitting gud
>Must be the design's fault

No faggot but my patience for sitting through meat boys autoscroll bullshit that had one final thing to fuck you up at the end to make sure you do it over is at its end.

>abloobloo this twitch game had a sudden obstacle right at the end! who could have possibly seen this coming?!

>twitch game
>have to spend levels waiting for a proper cycle
>have to spend time waiting on moving platforms
>have to spend time waiting for doors to open
>whoop after all that waiting here's another obstacle you have 1 second to judge the speed and angle you'll need to not get fucking murdered by it do the level 5 more times and maybe you'll learn it

it's fucking obnoxious m8, game is flat out unfun when it's fucking me about like that. There are a few levels that are really fun and I'd want to replay for a better time but overall the experience left a shitty taste in my mouth.

Playing SMB now makes the design decisions in Rebirth/Afterbirth seem like they make a lot more sense, edmund just has a fucking boner for making things as obnoxious and frustrating as possible.

I'm still not seeing an argument that isn't "bloo I have to replay something I suck at WOOOOOOOOOOW BUGGED REPLAY MECHANICS" m8

stop talking about indie games in my indie general ree

do i keep the mods if i overwrite the rgss3a with other mods

Post cute!

It's not a twitch game at all

except you're shitposting, a game crashing is not the player's fault
and twitch games is a something you just invented you fucker that or you heard it from another retard like you and you're using it to spread the term

I havent played that kusoge, but it sounds like the problem is that it's just memorization of whats coming up next and not actual skill or reacton time being applied. If you watched a video of the level before you played it it'd be easier without all the 'jumpscares'

ded /indie/

abumpu

What happened?
We were so alive yesterday

i remember a game where you fuck a purple robot
pretty sure that was an indie game
do you guys know the name of the game?

what did the purple robot look like?

this image gave me cancer

humanoid
the game was in POV and you could change position

>I haven't played it but it clearly plays like this
lmao

that is literally what the bossfights in meatboy are tho, I have played it. You get fucked by their one new attack and then redo the whole thing before you get fucked by the next new attack until you win. That is shit bossfight design.

I've played it and never had this issue barring the giant brown one. Which is actually bullshit.

The giant brown one was what I was specifically referring too desu. There was one other that did it but I can't remember it.

Hell in general felt like a lot of autoscrolling and waiting for the right cycle and trying to manipulate those black bursty things.

BUDDY'S TYPE
BUDDY'S TYPE
BUDDY'S TYPE

DASHBORED

five nights at fuckboys reference...

DIANE A CUTE! A CUTE!
side note: does anyone recocnize the game, and if so please talk with me about it

Nope. Also, Arkantos contains Hell Mode Remix, and Hell Mode Remix itself is an improved version of Pruf's mod

damn so should i start over with arkantos because i used pruf until i killed big lincoln and switched. did i miss anything.

Ehh. It's one thing to go 'this section is bullshit' and another to go RAGGLEBRAGGLE THE ENTIRE GAME IS GARBAGE EDMUND IS A HACK just because you got salty at one cheap-ass section.

You missed SOME Hell Mode Remix enemies, and an opportunity to fight Bolo's whole gang or traumatize yourself and receive Rando, but only on Painmode. To get to Arkantos, you need to kill all the warlords, go to the start of the long rope climb, and talk to the weird red-shirted guy.

Agreed.

>I havent played it but this is how user describes his issue with the game, not the strawman you made

>no Queen Rog

damn nigga i need a guide for this shit

>Literally admits to not having touched it yet pretending he knows what he's talking about
>muh strawman
You'll have to do better than that.

"I was going to do this more often." I said. "I'll be trying to pump out more reviews!" I said. Remind me to kick my own ass after this.
Self-loathing aside let's look at Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls, a free platformer game developed by Suits & Sandals.

The game follows the story of Chelsia, an artificial monster girl made by the one human on an island full of them, as she fights through hordes of pirates to retrieve the island's treasure and bring the malefactors to justice.

By using her spliced on golem arm she's able to use a dash attack for combat and tricky platforming. While you do have other attacks such a light and heavy punch coupled with a ground pound, the dashing felt like it was the most commonly used ability in a majority of the stages. This is likely a result of the fact that almost all the stages, save the last three, can be played in almost any order one likes through the means of an overworld map that gives me some Super Mario Bros. 3 vibes. Despite this the game gives me more of classic Megaman vibes as you get a slew of stages to do at any order you like, unique bosses each with their own patterns, and new abilities you can get from beating them that are usually relevant to boss you beat for it. While there is DLC for an extra alternate costume, it's only a buck and acts more like a tip jar for the dev. I'd encourage you to buy it if you like what is a damn solid platforming package all wrapped up in some crisp clean pixel art and humorously charming dialogue that is guaranteed to get to laugh more than once, all for the lovely price of free.

Destroy all wallets: store.steampowered.com/app/467380/

Destroy all writer's blocks: just-some-user.tumblr.com

/dsg/ memes are so fuKKKen epiKKK dude

name a single /dsg/ meme
>inb4 git gud
that was a meme created by monster hunter fagets defending their objectively shit grindfest

This actually looks like a quality game. How useful are the boss abilities and know if there's a preferred order like Mega Man?

Honestly, the power from the sky level is the most useful across the board. Aside from that there really isn't any professional order to try and go at it in. While using certain powers is necessary at segments in the final levels, the golem fist and dash attack will still carry you through most of it.

bump

ded thred

weak pars

Where is this guy?

HELL

I don't get it.
Meat boy has great design though

>You should just let literal monsters into your homeland because the crusa- I mean humans wanted them to fuck off a long time ago

Undermeme was written by an actual Iraqi Jew, and is designed to indoctrinate impressionable Western millennials into accepting meme sexuality, memegenderism, faggotry, mutantry, bestiality, pedophilia, irony culture, and post-2007 hyperliberalism e.g. SOCJUS

>still no cookie clicker in the OP

Unfortunately, I unironically like undertale.

You unironically have shit taste, though I won't hold it against you.

Well /indie/? Do you?

I usually put beastborn to be sacrificed. Never did an armless run.

I was... a good friend.

I got the Father ending in LISA.

Arkantos was certainly a welcomed and refreshing experience.

>Not saving Beastborn for russian roulette

Arkantos is what joyful should have been imo

Any word lately on Mewgenics/SMB: Forever?

I know Ed put Mewgenics on hold to work on SMB a while ago, but I haven't heard anything of it since.

>Mewgenics
never heard of it

RNG based cat hoarding sim from Team Meat. Looked pretty good.

But I just googled and apparently it's cancelled: vg247.com/2016/03/24/super-meat-boy-and-binding-of-isaac-creators-mew-genics-cancelled/

Jesus Christ Edmund give Isaac a rest. There are many much better rogue-lites that exist and you've about milked it for everything it's worth.

Please don't cancel SMB: F too

Not sure if it was mentioned but OFF got a minor update: m.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUJCrgJnzM

Oh good, look who's back
youtube.com/watch?v=dvJmKxiST4M

>gender neutral
nope nope nope nope
nope there's no way you can't say tumblr ruined the game now. gave that vid it's second dislike.

I really wish a team would go all out and retranslate the game though.
The problem this shows is that they're making these updates to the bad english version, which means that making a retranslation would lack all of the updates in this update.

Also is Gender neutral pronouns REALLY something that NEEDED to be added? Compared to some of the other glaring issues, I'd say that's a rather pointless thing to add.

Looks like /sub/ is going to join us pretty soon

I restarted Underrail (again) putting my dodge and evasion into persuade and intimidation instead. It came in handy during the mission to get the card key for that burrower filled room, because you don't have to sneak though the vents when dealing with the gang, and can just waltz right up to the autoturret room to kill everyone. I'm back at Junkyard, but haven't done into the mutie filled depot yet. I helped the black eels with their gang war instead. Got tons of scrapper armor and had to drop a lot of the lesser loot, and then head back to my place to store all my extra armors.

Since the mutant filled depot is kind of a pain in the ass, I think I'll just explore and see what else I can find and maybe get enough oddities to get an extra level before heading to the depot. Are burrowers harder or easier than the muties and barfing doges? Maybe I'll hit that place up first.

Much like Don't Starve, /indie/ is very vulnerable to getting eaten by grues during the night.

Aw dang, I should just restart my whole game over, I don't wanna miss that stuff (or maybe it was already in my game, I said "no" when Buzzo asked if I could handle all the bad stuff out there.)

Just the right picture for this.

Burrower den is probably harder just by the sheer volume of enemies. Don't even try it unless you have at least 12 mechanical DT to not get shredded by the dozens of burrower spawns you'll be fighting (I optionally recommend at least 20 to block most of the adult burrowers' bolts), a lot of antidotes, and a lot of tungsten carbide rounds for your weapon of choice. Molotovs help too, since they can usually kill burrower eggs before they hatch, and the adult burrowers are often too dumb to get out of the fire. They still have 300 HP a piece though, so fire alone isn't going to be nearly enough to kill them.

For the junkyard, bring hollow-points to deal with dogs and full mutants, regular rounds or tungsten carbide to deal with mutated bandits, and try to take out the dogs before the bandits and mutants. The entanglement attack the dogs use makes you vulnerable to get owned, especially by full mutants. Stay far away from full mutants if you can; their acid spray ability does at least a good 60 damage, and their claws hit for around 20 to 40 per attack. Mechanical DT will help a lot against the mutated bandits, since they still use guns, crossbows, and sledgehammers, but it's not going to save you from dogs or full mutants, since all of their attacks deal acid damage. Outside of scoring mutated dog leather armor, you might be able to get a metal armor with some acid DT from the arms dealer in Junkyard.
Old Junkyard really isn't hard, as long as you don't allow yourself to get cornered/entangled, and always make sure you have an open escape route to another area.

What does the number next to my mechanical resistance percentage mean?

My armor is 22% / 4 mechanical resistance.

Does this mean it blocks 4 points of damage for each hit after reducing what I take by 22%?

I'm pure psy, but I'm packing lots of grenades since they're lighter to carry than the armor I find lying around and sometimes the merchants run out of credits/coins so I hope that'll compensate.

What does /indie/ think of pic related?
It's a rather low-quality dungeon crawler made by one guy that features a variety of rogue-lite elements with an emphasis on permadeath and unlocks.

>emphasis on permadeath and unlocks
so like all of them then?

Well, when I say emphasis...
That's the biggest draw.
But basically, yeah. You can see everything you can unlock on the character creation screen from the get-go and it's all about either cheesing out your unlocks or getting good.
>Get to level 100 with no hits taken, 100% unlock chance for a race
Etc. It's still being updated and still quite unfinished in my opinion.

God why do all of the logos by this dev look so retarded?
The all lack a sense of direction and symmetry and overall look like ass

Cause he's not much of an artist. :^)

>gender neutral pronouns
fucking kill me
why has this become a thing

These are the sort of idiots who think Batter did anything wrong. They're the kind of tripe that believe Bad Batter is his "true" form and not merely the way the Judge saw him because he's figuratively and literally a pussy.

They must all be purified.

how do you guys feel about Hyper Light Drifter?

It's fucking pretty and pretty good.

The way damage resistance works is that it either reduces the integer number (the DT), or the percentage, whichever would result in more reduction.

So, say if you're kitted out in tungsten steel armor with a total mechanical damage resistance of 80% / 30, your armor blocks 30 mechanical damage for every attack that deals less than 38 mechanical damage, and 80% for every attack that deals 38 or more mechanical damage (because after 38 damage, blocking 80% would result in more reduction than blocking 30).

Some gear only blocks by percentage, such as regular cloth balaclavas which just block 10% of all cold damage. Some gear only blocks by DT, such as a steel armor, which reduces all acid damage by a flat 5.

The controls are stiff, it's hard to tell what you're looking at due to shitty pixel graphics, the last boss can insta kill you because there's no temporary invulnerability after you get hit, and collecting everything isn't rewarding because most of the upgrades are useless. The combat is fast-paced and stylish though, and that carried it for me. 6.5/10 good enough to play till the end, but not good enough to do newgame+

millennials
tumblrists
SOCJUS
jobless hippie faggots
mutants
undermeme

DAMn danIEL

BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH BEING A FUCKING BITCH

Can we post art from games we're working on even if it's in the concept stage of being made?

Also, 22% / 4 sounds a lot like you're wearing pig leather. That's all fine and well for the tunnels around SGS where the most dangerous thing you might fight is a bandit encounter with a few 5mm SMGs and shitty combat knives, but it's not going to do jack fuck against good 7mm SMGs and 8mm assault rifles, not to mention crossbows.
You're gonna want to trade up for a tactical vest against bullet encounters, I recommend something with at least 5 or 6 DT. Or save up a TON of money and get one of the lower end steel armors at Junkyard, those tend to have at least 10 mechanical DT, as well as some heat, cold, acid, energy, and sometimes even electrical DT.

Totally

So what does indie think of this design I've been working on don't mind me asking? See any way to improve it?

lol

needs more eyes

Is this a meme?

Stardew Valley update when?