Is Aztlan a meme?

Is Aztlan a meme?

Aztlan is not a meme is a meme

The idea that it would become independent or rise up is nonsense.

The idea that the USA is a state with a border like every other state in the world is not nonsense.

They're both memes. That's what a meme is. Doesn't have to be true or false.

tf is this.

I have a feeling pre-anasazi peoples living in Chaco and whatnot are the ancestors of the Nahua. Makes sense that they would sacrifice for the sake of rain and whatnot in such a set climate, also offing the least useful people in times of hardship (warriors). They're linguistically related, genetically related, and used similar building techniques. They were much tougher than the cushy jungle people to the south and could have emigrated with ease, much like barbarian tribes moving into Roman territory and forming a hybrid culture. The Nahua *do* claim ancestry from the chichimeca, and while proven not to be the case genetically, it's not a far reach for them to remember their history orally or written down as "we come from tough desert warriors to the north!" and falsely conflate them.

Fringe theory: the southwest us has lots of cavesb maybe giving rise to the myth of the 7 caves of tula.

Inb4 "nu-uh they just made it up oral history means nothing"

splendid

Makes sense, although I would then ponder if there is a link between Aztlan people and the Yuman people south of California and in Baja California Norte.

Some Anthropologist (José Medina González Dávila) claims the elite mexica warriors wore the same hairstyle (half of the head shaven, with a braid over the ear) and the same body paint as some of the apache warriors.

it's a meme that got serious

It's dumber than people saying "teh South will rise again!"

Texas succeeding is 100% more likely and even that's pretty unlikely.

>"Tejas" succeeding is 100% more likely and even that's pretty unlikely.

ftfy

>succeeding

It's SECEDING. I mean a typo would be understandable but this shit is a completely different word.

I'm on mobile, auto-correct is a bitch.

Texas is also Texas in spanish.

desu if America is one day balkanized(certainly not in our lifetime but its possible) it would be on either by States or by Ethnicities

As the USA becomes hispanicized, there will not be a need for aztlan. Hispanic elites will marry white elites, and the same descendents of those forever ruling anglo families will keep ruling except some will have the name Mauricio, Maximiliano, or Alejandro

>As the USA becomes hispanicized
If you don't a hispanic population, don't conquer parts of a hispanic empire.

Seriously, why can't western white people understand this?

We really need the empire back to cure the degeneration of the masses

>The Nahua *do* claim ancestry from the chichimeca
Proof?

I mean proof on the genetic link not proven

The mexicans only want it back, because of the amount of development that was put into it. Look at Baja. If I could buy out the entire place, make it into my own country and be successful, 100 years later the mexicans would still be bitching and wanting it back. Then they'ed ruin it all over again. Just like haiti, zimbabwe, and south africa.

They don't want it back.
Do you really think people are the caricatures you see on this website?

Stop being a pleb, no Mexican wants the United States to stop being the United States, especially the ones who have come here and enjoyed the benefits of the United States.
I know tons of Mexicans, never once have I heard any of them be like "This is bullshit, California is rightful Mexican clay and we will take it back".
Shit, their kids are just as spoiled, self centered and coddled as any given suburbanite teen. They assimilate better than most cultures, mainly because they know that Mexico sucks, have family who still live in that suck, and wouldn't go back even if they could be part of Mexico's elite.

It's the worst part of the Chicano movement IMO and mainly founded by the dude who inspired fucking Dr. Gonzo in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Aztlan is fifteen angry chicanos.

It's also a White Nationalist boogeyman.

I'm hispanic and no one I know even knows what the fuck Aztlan is.

>Aztlan
wasnt he the guy who beat the byzantines at manzikert? he was pretty based i guess

Isn't the X like a greek/cyrillic one?

>тeхac

Literally no Mexican wants an Aztlan, and I know a lot of them. They just want to work and have good lives.

t. Mexican

This. They assimilate pretty darn well after a few generations. I know plenty of rednexicans here in tejas.

bullshit, there is no archeological evidence that supports the existence of Aztlan. Also, "chichimeca" is only a generic term used to refer to northern barbaric tribes. And yes, oral history is very weak in terms of scientific value.

>The idea that the USA is a state with a border like every other state in the world is not nonsense.
?

How is that hard to understand?

Yes. Mexicans immigrate to the United States because they dream of turning America into the shithole they just ran away from.

HURR FUCKING DURR

thats what mudslimes whant.
why would other shitskins be different?

Following the linguistic trail, and Mormon jokes aside, it's likely to be referring to Utah or possible even a s far north as Idaho.

we don't want the south west, we want it all. and go ahead and fuck off to canada, in a short while it'll be mexican too

100% pure meme only believed by butthurt Chicanos and wannabe narcos, who are 0.0001% of Hispanic immigrants.

The opposite is what will happen though. Just like with Italians and the Irish, by the 3rd generation, Spics will have assimilated into the American populace with most forgetting how to even speak the language. They'll be "muh heritage" and nothing more.

It is written like that, yes. But the pronunciation is different.