/lozg/ The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #23 - Retro Edition

Previous thread:
First Thread: boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/145713334/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/yDtHrpnN

>BotW Known Item Stats:
see pastebin

>More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
purezc.net/

>News/DevelopmentsTwilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc

TloZ - "Symphony of the Godesses" concert tour
zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule

TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/

Twilight Princess manga in the west
nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/the_legend_of_zelda_twilight_princess_manga_is_coming_to_the_west

BotW Link figurine in production:
gonintendo.com/stories/260163-medicom-reveals-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-figurine

>Official /lozg/ Drawfag station
flockmod.com/lozg

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/bjykha
youtube.com/watch?v=KA0Vxy5GRBw&list=PLz7eMcpGRNNBj0yP4FsIq7FIfmS4PZH3d
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Craig_Smith
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no link to previous thread

PREVIOUS THREAD

Second for Sheik is MALE

Have a wonderful day.

>BotW playlist removed from pastebin
O-oh
I was trying to keep that updated too

You can see her chest bindings under her tabard. In real life such bindings wouldn't make her chest seem so broad and flat like a mans. Yet if she were really becoming a man, WHY HAVE THEM AT ALL THEN?

Who did this? It's fucking stupid.

The winners of the Semi-Finals for the Best Sages Tournament are Saria and Ruto.

And with that said, we come to our Finals, a 3 way battle between Saria, Ruto, and Rauru (since he had the bye).

We're gonna try using poal.me for this, just to see.

poal.me/bjykha

It was too huge. Anyone who came into the thread looking for BotW info would see that, and feel like they were drowning and leave.

The only playlist that belongs there that I forgot to add, is this channel. youtube.com/watch?v=KA0Vxy5GRBw&list=PLz7eMcpGRNNBj0yP4FsIq7FIfmS4PZH3d

That's a very rude reasoning. You could have at least warn the user that poured so much workinto it before deleting it.

This was the best boss battle out of every game.

Note; copypaste the link. Do not embed, and follow.

It's up there.

Why do we have a link to the first thread in the OP? I've been gone for a couple weeks, so I missed when it was added and whatever the logic behind it was.

Well, sorry. I didn't know anyone from Veeky Forums was actually making that playlist. It's not like you can't post it here if it means that much to you?

That list is not mine. I say this because we could at least discuss OP changes like all generals do.

No idea. But I've noticed at least one user is trolling with the OP since last week. It all started withhim making a totally shitty thread before bump limit. Then, I have the impression he is ruining the official OP step by step, subtily.

Maybe I'll have to actually make that revamped OP idea I promised two weeks ago before I disappeared.

Why not. Go for it.

I had some problems today but I'm still around. The first round of the Queen bracket starts tomorrow.

I'll probably get to it later tonight. Last time I promised was right before I went to bed on a Saturday, and then I got busy Sunday. So hopefully by mentioning it in the afternoon I'll actually get around to it today.

Have a fun wallpaper to make up for boring thread business discussion.

I'd rather have a lengthy playlist than no playlist at all, since without it we'll have even more people asking where they can find easily searchable videos in every thread. I've been keeping the playlist since the beginning threads and adding videos as they've emerged, but I can look into skimming down the playlist length if anons here think it's getting too long instead of having it removed completely.

Honestly, I'd keep it in the OP.
OR we can add it in the BotW pastebin, saying it is in the pastebin in the OP itself.
Erasing it totally is dumb.

>Have a fun wallpaper to make up for boring thread business discussion.
It's not boring, it's fine. We are a small and yet constant community, this kind of meta discussion is important.

>thread has become more about discussing the OP's than it has Zelda lore.

Truly, the writing is on the wall now.

I tried to think about why it isso good. The only reason I found is that the spinner is awesome and needs fast reactions.

Then lets discuss this tortured soul.

Nigger, we are 30 posts in. Chill. Don't be a complainfag you too.
Here, have a meaty piece of lore.

One of the few that I remember from TP.

I'm sure you remember more than you think.

>Dekubaba (Giant plant)
>Ignis (Balrog)
>Morpheel (Eel)
>Stallord (Skeleton Dragon)
>Armogohma (Shit Spider)
>Blizzeta (Yeta)
>Argorok (Dragon)
>Zant
>Ganon

> Dekubaba
thanks to your post
>Ignis
The first boss ? I remember one with chains, he was piss easy (the main reason I forgot a lot of them)
>Morpheel
This one was alright
> Armogohma
Thanks to your post.
>Blizzeta
yup
>Argorok
Thanks to your post

And of course for the last two, even if I don't remember much from the Zant fight.

>Morpheel (Eel)
>Stallord (Skeleton Dragon)
>Blizzeta (Yeta)
>Zant
>Ganon
These were the most memorable for me.

Any Duetsch/German anons ever play Zelda Kingdom?

Looks like fun.

At least he passed on/eased his regrets in the end, right?

The Reich comes? Kinda scary/lewd don't you think, depending on your interpretation.

I did the bosses in order, so Ignis is 2nd. I'm amazed you don't remember the bosses, they're pretty easy to remember honestly.
I'd replace Argorok and Morpheel, but that's just me.
Eventually, yes.

With the exception of Zant and the first boss, all of Twilight Princess' mini-bosses are better than the actual bosses.

Have some OC, for example.

>we'll never get another tragic Link like the Hero of Time

Kind of sucks. The new Links have become way too shonen and Gary-Stu within the last 13 years. I hope BoTW's Link changes things up in this regard.

>tragic Link like the Hero of Time
Nice headcanon. Besides shonen>Crawling in my skin.

I like the animu Links.

>TP Link becomes more beast than man and ultimately loses his companion and friend in the end, but ultimately still having a decent life and being insanely strong
He's probably the closest to the Hero of Time, but ultimately he's basically Goku.

>SS Link becomes some raging war god capable of destroying demons and armies, all for Zelda
SS Link was like gar as shit when you think about it.

I honestly think Nintendo went with Hero's Shade/Hero of Time and all these assumptions solely because people like it better than ALttP, at least that's the typical opinion and they feel like ALttP is the true king. I mean look it how fucking strong and based Gramps is. Probably doesn't help that the Hero of Time got hurled around time so much he couldn't remember if he was an adult or kid and when he finally became an adult and matured, Zelda tossed his ass back.

Shonen heroes are fucking boring. Always loud-mouthed and agressive, no grey moral area, no real inner conflict, generic "fighting for their friends" tropes, etc.

On the other hand I'm not asking for Link to become some whiny JRPG teen protagonist, that's just as bad and common. But if the intro and the known story details are anything to go by, they have something interesting planned for this Link. Hell he's the only Link without any starting town, past, previous relationships and the like since the NES days.

>grey moral area
please stop

So... you don't follow the Hyrule Historia or think the Hero's Shade being Link is canon?

He's not actually wrong. This by Ruto is very clear that he'd be willing to do anything in order to stop Ganondorf. It's basically the point where he finally matured into a full grown adult mentally.

Hero's Shade doesn't look necessary sad or tragic, honestly. He just want to tech things to another hero. Sure, he's a tad grim but what do you expect from a skelly ghost?

>Always loud-mouthed and agressive
That doesn't really describe any Link post OoT.

Then think of the Hero of Time this way.

He was bullied as a kid by Mido, the leader of the Kokiri. When the Great Deku Tree died, Mido blamed him, and everyone believed Mido. As one of the Kokiri said, only Saria took up for him, and now she's gone too, maybe we should have listened. He's thrown into the world at large not knowing anything, having to leave behind his only friend he ever had, despite finally getting a fairy and likely thinking he'll finally be accepted by the other Kokiri.

Eventually he's sealed for 7 years and is nothing more than a child in an adult body. As it releases the Sages, he tries to explain himself to Saria and why he's big now, and she has to brutally tell him and herself that they can't live in the same world anymore, only for him to shortly find out that his entire life as a Kokiri was a lie and that he's a Hylian, it was always his destiny to leave Saria and everything he knew behind. Eventually by the Spirit Temple, Kaepora Gaebora realizes that he's finally matured to an adult point, he's become wise, and leaves the Hero of Time with one final bit of advice on how to defeat Twinrova. Ultimately he saves Hyrule, fulfilling what he always wanted, to be a hero, to be liked, to be remembered, only for Zelda to thrown this finally mature man back to being a child because she wanted him to actually live out his childhood.

He then goes to Termina where everything is basically a representation of his mind and how he perceived people in Hyrule, all for Navi, the only friend he truly had left, other than Epona, and that's just a horse. This new timeline he's in, sure those people exist, but they aren't the same people he built a relationship with truly.

Ultimately he either gets reckless to pass on his competent swordsman skills, to be remembered, to be liked, or he becomes old and loses those skills with age and loses an eye and ultimately dies leaving behind a shade of regret.

He is the most tragic Link by far.

What happened to him might be "tragic" but in the end it doesn't necessary make him sad or a grey area hero.

Is the user who was emulating Skyward Sword still in this thread?

I wanted to thank you for getting the Ancient Flower picture, and ask for a few more. I want a pic of all the walls in Flipper's House other than this one. I'm specifically looking for the map he has.

>Spirit Temple
oh shit

It doesn't, no. But as some other people have pointed out such as , nothing was going to stop him, and that likely included Zelda if she had tried. It's the implications of an adult, that he has to be willing to let go of those around him if need be to see the greater outcome. It's a harsh truth he had to learn, just like he was at least filled with some regrets, which does imply some form of sadness, if only minor and needed the Song of Healing to get over that and move on, which is an ironic twist to his entire character from OoT and MM, that for the one thing he could never let go and move on from was his old life, what he was in his entirety.

Sure you can classify the events around him as tragic and not himself, but it's definitely a characterization given what we know compared to some other Links that are just along for the ride and afterwards their lives are pretty much fully intact.

It's a great temple. Not my favorite, but I liked having to go through it as a kid and an adult.

i still get nightmares from the Iron Knuckle
almost as bad as it Zelda 2 counterpart

Don't mind me.

>Broken link
>Shilling /v/ threads on an already slow general
Oh, I won't mind you at all

Do you now?

You can deal with them pretty easily by just backflipping and jump attacking them repeatedly, or just circle strafing them and jump attacking them.

i was inept as a kid so inept that i fell through the floor many times in the shadow temple, took several tries to beat it. rather not do it again.

So, this happened.

It's not bad, I used to be inept as a kid too. I died to Queen Gohma 4-5 times before I finally beat her and went running through the house all excited. Eventually I got to the point I probably could have speedran the game legit, no glitches, just going through the game normally.

Those days are long behind me now, I know sure as shit I can't do that these days, been too long since I've played OoT, I'm rusty as hell at the game and newer games and controllers have spoiled me sadly.

Still a fantastic game that I'm glad I'm replaying along with all the other Zeldas that I'm able to and take screenshots of.

>Sonic Amiibo lets BotW Link run faster

What are the lore implications of this? Timeline?

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Ouchies.

>Sonic amiibo changes link's voice to sonic's voice

Goodnight.

good on ya, nice to see that zelda games can still make someone excited with childlike luster all over again.
thanks user, you made my day. now i want play zelda all over again.

Godspeed user, I'm on my last journey for OoT and after this will be MM then either MC or the two Oracle games.

But it's morning?

I thought you died

Yeah, and?

I can do that but have to give me sometime, funerals are long as shit

F

Condolences, user.

So, you're telling me Ganondorf took out the Master Sword out of his forehead, broke the seal and took over Hyrule again?

That's pretty based.

Or, someone else took it out of him.

I don't want another Zant though.

have fun my friend

Wow. The sword is more ruined exactly in the same portion that's inside Dorf's head.

Hmmmm

I prefer the idea that the Master Sword just lost its power again, which is part of why it's all rusted to shit. There's probably enough power to keep Ganondorf's physical body trapped, like how in WW there was still enough at first to play tennis with Phantom Ganon; it's just not enough to keep Ganon's spirit imprisoned.

I just want this image to be real.

>I don't want another Zant though.
this.

I'm tired of sidekicks.

Most likely it was Link who pulled it out on a quest to save the world from Vaati but then vaati attempted to revive ganon, Link killed vaati but failed since calamity ganon appeared and killed Link and he was placed in a resurrection chamber

>adult timeline

Considering Sonic's voice actor is also Ezio Auditore da Firenze, I wouldn't mind.

You have fun with whatever you do too user.

nani

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Craig_Smith

So this is saying Koroks exist in other timelines so BoTW doesn't have to be in the Adult one?

Many have said it before, but just because the Koroks came about a certain way in the events leading up to Wind Waker, that doesn't mean it's the only circumstances in which the forest spirits can take the Korok form. It's easy to just assume it's the same circumstances, but it's not impossible for it to happen for a different reason in another timeline.

Ignore that user, it's just an Easter Egg. But yes, Koroks can exist in all timelines, they're a product on environment, not Great Sea specific. Based on how we see things in BotW, it would make sense that Kokiri would need to become Koroks in order to traverse large hills, plateaus, and mountains in order to spread forests around.

That is a more logical representation of where it would take place, well that and the fact that the chances of it being the adult timeline are almost 0% unless retcons happen, which is possible. It's more than likely downfall or child, with the leaning possibility being downfall most likely.

Why do you think it can't be in adult? More likely in the other and most likely in Downfall?

I feel the Downfall games are piling up and we need more from other timelines

whoa

A few reasons, and it'd be better for me to just go through the individual timelines, as we know it can't be before OoT as Ganon exists (unless it's retconned, which I doubt).

>Adult Timeline
At the end of OoT, there is no King, no Hyrule Castle anymore, and no Hero of Time anymore. Some time has to have passed and Hyrule Castle being rebuilt, likely over the Temple of Time as the Tower of Gods jettisons above the sea, and has very similar architecture and functionality to the Temple of Time we see in TP, so like Hyrule Castle in WW was once the Temple of Time. This is also evident that the path to Ganon's Tower is the same to Hyrule Castle in OoT. Meaning based on the time it likely took for Ganondorf to break out of the Sacred Realm and Hyrule Castle to be rebuilt, that Daphnes is OoT Zelda's son, who grew up to be King when Ganondorf broke out and the world was flooded.

Now as we know, the islands are the tops of mountains, yet the Great Sea is vastly deep, a logical assumption would be that BotW would be very Thousand Needles esque from Warcraft, or that Hyrule wasn't flooded, it was actually pulled under the sea completely, so that it retains some of it's general looks.

In BotW we see that the Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle ruins are still relatively there, albeit moved around, but still there, which they are not in WW, and I doubt Hyrule will ever be unflooded in that timeline.

>Child
Calamity Ganon has a very similar design to Twilight Ganon and could be his attempted at escaping the Twilight Realm, there is a large gap between MM and TP and the Kokiri are missing in TP, as stated in the Historia, likely became Koroks and flew away. Hyrule is vastly screwed up in TP, with chasms and valleys, and most of the areas we've seen in the BotW demo (including the Castle and how it looks) is similar to TP.

(cont.)

>Downfall
With Historia, the Imprisoning War has been retconned to not be OoT anymore, so there is a gap between Ganon being imprisoned in OoT, and his invasion of the Sacred Realm prior to ALttP. However this can be construed that, Ganon takes the Triforce of Wisdom and Courage from the failed Zelda and Hero of Time and is then sealed in the Sacred Realm, where he transforms it into the Dark World. But there is still an oddity and gap in there due to a third timeline and what has been stated in Historia, enough time and oddities in regards to the Imprisoning War and OoT's failure state now, that it allows for a game to take place. We also see the Master Sword in the woods as well, possible where the Great Plateau used to be in BotW, prior to being moved, because it's very evident that that part of land has been moved in some way.

It just makes more sense to take place during the Downfall or Child timelines. Downfall has a lot of variances in terms of Ganon that it would make sense.

Downfall is also the only timeline where we see only Ganon, not Ganondorf in any way, and so far we see Ganon from the get go in BotW, and it's the only timeline without a 3D console Zelda.

ONLY 5825 HOURS UNTIL BREATH OF THE WILD RELEASES

Not that it would ever happen, but if they did decide to put Malon along with Cremia and Romani in the same game, what would they do to make them visibly distinguishable? Assuming they don't want them all to remain samefags, of course.