Anybody interested in Central Europe history? I never see anybody talking about this whole region (HRE, Poland, Hungary)

Anybody interested in Central Europe history? I never see anybody talking about this whole region (HRE, Poland, Hungary)

If you got any questions about it, i can give you answers

Poland is Eastern European.

Please speak about Hungary, Austria and Prussia. Particularly interested in the Habsburgs. Doesn't matter what. Just throw something out there.

Also, can you speak on the Teutonic state (Deutschordensstaat) and how it interacted with the with prussia and various territories it took like estonia. Were they civil?

Thanks.

What's the deal with Silesia. What made it so sought after and rich?

Coal, which caused it to grow a lot of industry

In modern sense, (cold war separation) yes. In any other sense, no.

It's literally Mexico of Europe, fuck off Pollack.

>Poland, Hungary
>Central Europe

Not OP but I think that really is overly simplistic, many parts of what became modern day Poland were territory controlled by, or even which formed the core of various German states.

I don't really know what you want to hear about Habsbourgs
summary is
>fuck a lot
>marry off your offsprings
>profit

I can give you a funfact:
Rudolph II., the only Habsbourg that moved his court out of Vienna (To Prague), did it literally because he had a bitchy mother and brother and wanted to get away from them.

But Mexico is west to, France or UK, for example.

No, he did it because Prague was unlike Vienna safe from Turkroaches.

So his family stayed in Vienna why?

But even back in the 13th or so centuries?

Talking middle ages here, should have specified.

No he did it to summon the Golem and transmute gold and drink sliwowitz and have a baker impersonate him while he was off chasing women.

To get killed by Turks, hopefully.

- fertile soils in the lowlands
- deposits of precious metals in the mountains
- Via Regia trade route

Can you recommend/share any books?

Wandycz has a nice book of summary of Polish/Czech/Hungarian history called Central Europe

What parts?