Make a space game!

> Current Game Jam (Space)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam
Collab: pastebin.com/NEPv0pPC

> Current Demo Day (Nine)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-9

> Next Demo Day (Ten)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/

> Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/Qi63yBxd

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

hephaestus_rg.itch.io/meme-defense-nightly-game-13
leddev.tumblr.com/post/146822477320/hazeframe-is-done-but-i-need-help-perfecting-its
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for googum is sexy

xth for no anime allowed

first time modelling, how is it?

Googum is a piece of shit.
Worthless waste of space.
Waste of our digital space, even.

---====---

This is an anti bullying force field. All posts after this one are magically protected against bullying. If somebody bullies in a post, point them to this one.

If you are BULLYING and are directed to this post please view the spoiler tag below.
You're a bad person for doing that. Your words do not hurt me. I'm special, and I'm actually doing something unlike you. You don't have any power over me because I can do it, and you can't stop me. Go away, Bully!

It took me a week to implement this movement inside the ship

Now i'm not sure what to make next. Enemies? Make my own space-generator? Space Stations?

nth + 1 for normies fuck off

Get trucked, you dumb frog.

Anime is for normalfags

Cool

>The secret club meme
You faggots keep this shit up and I'm going to make a book about meme watching for normies to come to this website and check off memes on a list, mass produce it, and give it to everyone ever so they can come shit up this fucking cancerous website.

Oh damn that is neato as fuck. Keep up the good work.

What sort of game will it end up being? Sandbox space game? Some sort of story driven adventure?

You're late.

Also tell me one bad thing about this place being a sekrit club. You can't.

see

Actually you'll just sit on your ass, but it was a nice thought.

Ideas for a comfy 2d space game? Want to create something simple for the space jam.

this to be honest

Veeky Forums = Europe
normalfags = muslims

This looks like it could develop into something really cool. Keep it up!

>mfw shitposting
post progress or things for me to draw, doesn't have to be desert related

I-I have no idea user.

But the initial plan was to make a FTL game where you could walk inside the ship and control everything yourself

Space chilling simulator. You must input a power and angle to launch yourself across the room in space and land on the couch.

How do I make good music for my game?
What program should I use?
I'm planning on making something that sounds like Megaman 2.

>tfw your living room is in the OP

I like it.

Finished the pirate's idle, run, fire, and death animations. Time for some AI stuff, yaaay

Motherload.

So i made my turret shoot at enemies. Time to refactor the code so that the script will be usable in game. As a side note the laser beam feels a little too static to me and i'm wondering how to give it that "pulse" effect. Any ideas?

Draw me a knight holding a box of Tide laundry detergent. He's saving it for when he needs to turn the tide of battle.

>Pirate soldier wandering around the ship, goes pretty much everywhere while he's looking at some kind of weird screen.
>Killing him and picking up the screen reveals he was playing Pokemon Go

Before you start tweaking the laser you should try adding some sort of effect at the point where the laser meets the target. Something to show that the target is being damaged. It might make you like how static it looks right now if you add something cool at the point of impact.

>he doesn't reduce bitrate so the gif looks so shit that piratefags can't steal his art
looks great

I added a target dummy which allows the player to see how much damage his weapon does and what are the best places to hit for increased damage.
Next thing will a simple dialog system, so the npcs won't be mute all the time

I have been wanting to make these guys be sort of goofy henchmen sorts, like the Rebels in Metal Slug. Could do some stuff like this before they've noticed you.

Your game has something special to it, it doesn't look like other shooters.

Good work user, keep up

> A tower defense style game where you play a 90's buddy cop movie villain and you need to slow them down by throwing mooks, traps, and plot twists at them.

> A Wuxia medtroidvania

> A point and click puzzle game where you play a manic Pixie Dream Girl and have to figure out how to get sad sacks out of their depression

> Oregon trail but in spaaaaaace

> Fantasy forest management game where you play as a forest spirit and you have to balance keeping it healthy between fires, overgrowth, animal populations, and making deals with loggers

> A robot fighting RPG that's basically Pokemon except you don't catch anything and just customize the fuck out of your robot

> Post apocalyptic town builder

> A horror game set on a cruise ship

> MMO guild management sim

> Fantasy kingdom king VN where you have to balance the opinions and relations of various houses and rival kingdoms as personified by your royal court. Basically a Long Live the Queen ripoff I guess but more management based

What a game that can be programmed in a day like flappy birds or stacked, but hasn't been done to death

>tfw everyone in your spacejam team is doing their work and you're making progress already

Couldn't shit this site up more than the stormfags and gaymergroobers already have desu senpai

Yeah, because other shooters don't look like shit.

Hah, anyway, i never intended to have pretty graphics, i just want to implement fun mechanics i want to see in there

Finally got enemies working, yaya

So how is Monogame these days?

Draw a crusty space captain leering at you over her third beer in a run-down spaceport tavern

that's the million dollar question isn't it

"Done to death" is entirely a matter of not having enough juice. You could make a version of Snake that looks and sounds like a heavy metal concert. That'd be fun as hell.

Don't be so harsh on yourself, I wasn't memeing. Your game looks fun

Clone Zorbié. The main mechanic is very addictive, but the game has a weird style and zero advertising. If you steal the concept and shill better than the devs you'll make bank in a matter of months.

>Pirate kills you
>Quickly crouches down next to your corpse and takes a selfie
>Game over screen is the photo

cute

>her

>No kolbold waifus
Life is pain

I use FL studio. Megaman 2 is a NES game so you mean chiptunes/8-bit music. Any synth will work for that because it's just basic square waves, triangle waves and noise, i personally use NI Massive and Synth1.

You got a long road ahead of ya bud.

Lookin good. What engine?

awesome!

Free released cute girl?

I think I understand the concept, putting it into code is another thing. Should I be using a different command?

How about a guy pointing a smoking gun at a shot up dart board, with several darts stuck in the wall way off target?

>unreal4 mannequin looks at my nodev project.jpg

>myfirstgmsgame.webm

Theonian here,

A couple of million years ago, I spent a lot of time making assets for something like that, but it was never used for anything.
Would you be interested in any of this?

Aren't you supposed to work on lolivania?
What even happened to the sprites and games?

What's the best tool for vector animation?
Illustrator + After Effects or good old Flash?
There are some nifty plugins for AE that make animation seem easy and not as archaic as in Flash.

That's some nice-looking sprites, but I don't know how I could fit a grid in these. Sorry

Requesting a dwarven mech made out of emptied beer kegs.

rollin for a game idea

Lolivania died when Roatatedev got tired of gamedev and just abandoned everything.

Bringing most of the background assets and stuff from that on to the new metroidvania project, though.

this game i made last night turned out ok

hephaestus_rg.itch.io/meme-defense-nightly-game-13

Yeah, I didn't work with any sort of size dimension constraints, so I guess they're not very useful.

No problem.
Good luck with your game.

he breathes too fast

Yeah, in-game its about half that speed, but I just used a constant frame rate to push that .gif out

a potato rolled backwards and wouldn't come back so I was stuck at wave 2

Guess I'll roll

>drawing females
the horror

Sim user?

Holy shit that fanart. What a way to motivate me to submit to demo day 10.

rolling.

sorry (bugs)

ill try to reduce the scope tonight so i can bug test / play test more

I feel like I'm just an idea guy who knows how to code and draw. My game will never be anything and I don't know how to fix that.

Based David Squires

Who's ready for SPACE JAM

Are your teams assembled? Did the email guy making groups send everyone a meme and disappear? Are you having fun working on a space game?

Ok, taking suggestions for sad-sack-ass names and weirdo quickie grill names, as well as setting suggestions. Let's do this.

help, user

Ain't got no help to offer

I'm also an idea guy who can't quite get it together

Yo, this is amazing and now I wanna buy YOU a beer

Anyone here with the Lua C API and binding classes?

My idea is to have an Entity object in C++ that has basic properties like position.
So:
class Entity {
int x, y;
}
for example.

I want to bind this to Lua and have direct access to these properties so I can utilize syntax like:

local entity = Entity.init()
entity.x = entity.x + 5*dt

But it seems I'm only have to bind functions, and I'm not super proficient with metamethods in Lua. So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

What should the working title of my Bloodborne ripoff be?

I'm drinking sweet saison with bison grass and peppermint right now and it's amazing

>the new metroidvania project
I was talking about that one though.

I was recommended to come here with

Buttborne

Artists your time is nigh
leddev.tumblr.com/post/146822477320/hazeframe-is-done-but-i-need-help-perfecting-its

I don't see why you wouldn't do it as a 2d array
Doing it that way would be the first thing that comes to my mind

A 2d array is a decent way to handle storing things in a grid-like fashion, sure.

>Artists your time is nigh
Maybe when that program can generate animations from scratch

it will be pretty funny if there isn't fanart for ddx