/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-SmileBASIC primary exploit out now: mrnbayoh.github.io/basicsploit/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Developer tools for 3DS and Wii U are easily available now:developer.nintendo.com/register

Other urls found in this thread:

gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Booting_Homebrew
gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2782
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Vita CFW never ever

A moment of silence for the user that about 4 months ago, back when downgrading especially the N3DS wasn't nearly as easy as today and could take hundreds of attempts, died to hack his 3DS.

Press F to pay respects.

What's the best FE: Fates cia to use?
What's the best patched FE: Fates to use and if I DO use it will I get banned from online?

question from last thread, not realizing it was near death

Trying to get homebrew on my N3DS. Freakyforms was taken off the eshop. I have the smash bros demo though I heard there was an exploit through that, that still worked with 11.0-33 How do I do it.

said yep

demo was patched use another game

thanks user

Really? that sucks. I guess I can't get homebrew then. Unless there's another free entrypoint.

nope 10.6+ requires a game

So I have an O3ds and I plan on buying a N3ds, do I have to do anything special or can I just put the SD card from the o3ds into the n3ds?

Are there any advantages to running Nintendont on a Wii U rather than a Wii?

You'll have to bend your SD card in half to make it fit in the n3ds.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>bought a 128gb micro SD for 30 usd off amazon prime day
>it actually works
I feel kind of shitty wasting the same amount on a 64gb weeks back

not really no, that you can see the game playing on the gamepad i guess? you can use the smash gamecube adapter with it but that's about it

I use a micro with a sd reader for my 3ds, I'll be fine

go fuck yourself

So whats the best CFW for N3DS?

dunno where to ask (again), so ill ask here:
if i want a save editor for 3ds / ds games, what are my options? i've had action replays but they don't work any more, and wouldn't really like to buy more
many of my 3ds games are downloaded, does that make things more difficult?

luma

These are shitposts.
>have a question answered by the OP
>have transgender slurs pertaining to Aurora Wright
>ask for when something is released
>ask for a DS emulator without firm patching or a flash cart
>contain the number 5
>pertain to the PlayStation Vita© console
>contain a running joke otherwise known as a 'meme'
>contain the word 'leak' or any variant thereof
>ask for when something will be released
>ask about github projects without Google 1st page knowledge
>talks about 3dsiso
>talk about gbaTemp
>begin a flame war between Rei, Aurora, and mid-kid
>break a global rule
>break a board rule
>have a name besides Anonymous
>have a tripcode attached, secure or insecure
Don't reply unless you're also a shitposter.

Alright so I was here around January maybe looking to hack my 3ds and I went through all of the guide, I THINK, but stopped after realizing my sd card was too small(4gb). I had school and just didn't care about it again until now. I got a new 64gb samsung card and looking to do the hack on that.

So what do I do? I don't even remember how to boot into the hack screen or whatever. And I don't know how to switch it to the other card, and/or if I need to do other steps before doing that.

Pic related. THanks.

>he didn't buy a 128gb shark

Heombr3w v1.1.0 is out, I ditched the PHP proxying. Should increase both stability and performance for download. Also added sorting and quick stepping through the app list

You already have Homebr3w installed? You can actually update by just downloading the new version through the app itself, it'll override the old one.
Enjoy

>tfw I'm in that

I tried to tell him.

What is this and what does it do?

Where the hell do I find the SecureInfo_A files

Downloads 3ds homebrew

If I could get some advice on my situation, I will send one of you lucky anons an immortal and unused elf loli.

I accessed Homebrew on my 10.7U n3DS through oot3dhax and attempted a downgrade; it encountered an error while doing the actual downgrade. Thus I'm now using a partially downgraded system. To complete the downgrade, I used browserhax to access Homebrew to install and configure menuhax. It said menuhax installed correctly, but whenever I try to hold the trigger (D-PAD DWN) I specified to use at boot, it just boots to the home menu. I did the whole "switching themes and revert back before installing," but it doesn't seem to initialize the data. Further, just using browserhax to get into Homebrew and thus systemupgrader seems to always result in "INIT HAX..."

Am I boned? I'm really unsure as to why menuhax isn't working.

Also the loli is silver-haired. Take that as you will.

are they cheaper than 30 bucks?

Resolution won't be any sharper or anything?

No

You can use HDMI I guess. Better than the composite cables everyone infuriatingly uses on their Wii.

try just L then, don't configure it

how do i reboot into sysnand? im on part 3 of the guide

by booting normally, that steps just tells you to use menuhax again

How do i install FBi into sysnand 9.2? I'm on luma3ds.

is there any homebrew for 2ds to automute when headphones or removed or to control the volume with software rather than the slitty slider that moves whenever you press a shoulder button?

I just remembered that my ambassador GBA games won't work on emunand. Duh. Will my NES games and VC gameboy games work?

Try oot again with the 10.7 payload and a 9.2 one? Maybe it didn't get far enough into the downgrade for menuhax

Hey guys, I'm looking to install SWISS on my old Gamecube but I can't solder for shit and SD Medi Launchers seem to have gone extinct, wtf do I do? Can I use one of these to boot games?

Got a modded Wii and Melee?

Just looking for a bloody Gameboy Player disc so I can use the Gameboy Player to get footage and play. Japanese discs seem to be cheaper but my Gamecube is US

F

If you're going to get Homebrew on your Gamecube you should probably use Game Boy Interface as an alternative to the official Game Boy Player disc.

So, do you have Melee and a modded Wii?

Yes.
You'll still need an entry-point like Melee.

Modded Wii yes, Melee no :(

Same shit sadly.
I tried that with the 10.7 payload; I just get an error. The injector complains about 9.2; I believe that's because 9.2 wasn't a firmware the n3DS would normally be on.

C'mon guys, the loli is getting lonely.

no

goybest has them for $32

There's a list of other entrypoints here.
gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Booting_Homebrew

no the n3ds goes back all the way to 9.0 and even more

Is there any way for me to make the Pokemon games faster?
I have some old version of RxTools on my 2DS, with the pokeyman games running in EmuNand.

I'm mainly talking about shortened animations and text beyond what is available in the game itself.

Alright, I think I can get my hands on one of those. So those cheap chinese memory card adapters will work, right?

So I'm following the Plailect guide and on Part 2 trying to downgrade to 9.2. At step 12. it moved on from the HAX INIT just fine on the second try and I got all good from when it checked the update files.

Then once it started installing it did all good for a while and suddenly threw a nintendo error on the bottom screen.

After that I booted and got a black screen but it boots just fine if I take out the sd card.

I'm assuming I got a partial downgrade but how do I continue from here? Do I do the browser hax again to get into the homebrew launcher and downgrade again?

Did you wipe oot's save data before trying to install the 9.2 payload?

If you want to run pirated ISOs off a storage device. But you're only interested in the Game Boy Player instead? Because you should use this instead of the official disc.
gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2782

yes reinstall menuhax and rerun the downgrade

Alright thanks.

Huh, well it still doesn't want to cooperate with me regardless.

I'm thinking of reseting and returning my n3DS to amazon and getting another one later. I might have fucked this up.

No, I tried to install the 9.2 payload in the second save slot with the 10.7 one being in the first slot.

The loli, anons, she is suffering from love withdraw. If she doesn't get a headpat soon... well it's best you don't know.

So I downgraded and installed emuNAND some months ago when it was pretty fresh. Has there been any updates or something to fuck with what I did back then?

Oot can't do multiple payloads.

So... a9lh is still dangerous AF to get on a n3ds right?
>Have to purposely brick your emunand
>Have to fuck with your sysnand's version while its vulnerable
Why take the chance if emunand works fine anyway right?

o3ds and n3ds are now the same in terms of hacking them

how the fuck do i boot into rednand

how do i know if im in sysnand or red nand

boot into rednand with a cfw, typically it goes:
>Hold L to use menuhax when turning your 3ds on
>select your cfw from the homebrew launcher
>cfw will boot into your rednand
>once you install shit onto your rednand, it will be easy to tell you have a bunch of extra apps there that aren't on sysnand

Shit. Alright, I'll give that a shot. Hypothetically, if this doesn't work as well, what should I do next?

Everytime I try to run Monster Hunter Generations I get the "An Error has occured. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again." error. I've tried to reinstall the .cia several times, tried different downloads and tried to repair through the eshop. I'm using cfw on an O3DS.

Would anyone have any ideas on what I could try doing to get past this? All of my other games are working just fine.

You could keep trying your luck with browserhax. There's no reason oot would be incompatible so you could keep trying to troubleshoot that and making sure you're not missing something obvious. What error does the installer give exactly?

Did you try devmenu?
fbi fucked up my install.

>Got a new 3ds while back
>Considering hacking my old 3ds XL cause I have no use for it
>Version 10.5.0-30U
>My fucking browser version is fucking me up
>Have none of the compatible games except smash, but that would only work on my new
Fuck.

-30 is the correct version so your browser is fine

Fire Emblem - Fates - Special Edition (USA) - undub ver3

Online safe.

A few days I ago I remember reading in here that some user had used his hacked 3DS to put all the DLC into the Dragon Quest IX cart. Is this correct? If so, how do I do it?

Wait really? It wasn't working (maybe I am just being slow in deleting browser data and shit) and then I reread the requirements and it had
>versions less than -20 cannot be used with Browserhax.
And I assumed since there was a leading - that these were NEGATIVE and therefore -30 < -20

I'll try again, but if that is the case the guide could be less ambiguously written in that case

Into the cart? I don't think that's possible.

What CFW are you using? I'm having the same issue.
There's a post on the reddit 3dshacks subreddit that talks about it.
>Yes, it crashes because the system tries to reboot into higher-RAM mode. This fails, of course, partially since you don't have it installed on sysNAND, and also because higher-RAM mode wasn't introduced until update 10.0, whereas your sys in on 9.2, I'm guessing.

>No, you can't install it to sysNAND without updating. You could try, but you'd have the same problem. And you'd also delete it and any other .cia's if you went into software management.

>You can make it autoboot to emuNAND, but it's probably better to go to Plailect's guide [github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki] and install a9lh.

>100% boot rate, no issues with higher-RAM mode, the ability to update safely, and you can still do everything you can already do on emuNAND. The guide seems long and complicated, I know, but it's easier than it looks. Especially since you'll be able to skip to Part 4 of 5 since you have emuNAND working.

I'm on Cakes, so I'm wondering if that's the problem.

I'm trying this right now, I'll make another post if it works.
I haven't updated CFW in a while, so this could be the problem I'm having. If DevMenu doesn't work I'll go through this guide.

>and also because higher-RAM mode wasn't introduced until update 10.0, whereas your sys in on 9.2, I'm guessing.
This is complete bullshit, Smash first used it back in 7.x and it's existed for even longer than that. Not only that but you'd STILL have issues if your CFW didn't patch reboots, you'd lose all of the running patches including the signature check if it let the system do its regular procedure.

Make sure the reboot patch is on in Cakes, or switch to Luma. You might have had to disable the patch for DS game support and it's not enabled by default anyhow.

>Make sure the reboot patch is on in Cakes
Can you spoonfeed me on what the reboot patch is and how to do it?

Once I formated the saves on the cartridge to erase the previous payload, sploit_installer succeeded. oot3dhax is now working.

Thank you, anons. I really did overlook that.

The loli is safe... for now.

Hold L when starting Cakes to get into the menu, check the patches menu, turn the "survive reboots" one on. That's assuming you're using Cakes of course. Luma and even fucking rxTools should do it properly by default, switching to Luma should also solve your problem.

IT WORKED
>it only had one more file to downgrade
typical

Yeah try devmenu.
FBI didn't work for me for some reason.
I dunno man. Game is working fine for me on emunand. Pic related, playtime + date. Kek.

...and yet menuhax still doesn't want to load at boot.

Yeah I keep getting "Terminated Script Execution" in my browser when I get to that point.

I've tried initializing the save data and changing the time multiple times, and the guide doesn't seem to have anything helpful for this error

Is there anything else I can do, or do I need another exploit?

>it only had one more file to downgrade
The same thing happened to me just now. 9.2 backup ready and moving on to RedNAND. This is so exciting and terrifying at the same time.

It saves some of the more dangerous stuff for last, so yeah, it's actually kinda typical for a good reason. Downgrading the home menu likes to crash things (and back when it installed that randomly somewhere in the middle, a crash there might've resulted in a softbrick).

I imagine you can dump your save, use cheats to enable all DLC and save this so it sticks, then reinject it into the cart. Should all be doable with DS homebrew.

god speed user. we'll make it there together
I can a lot of progress has been made in the n3DS hacking word then

>If everything has gone according to plan, arm9loaderhax will be installed to your device, your RedNAND will have been copied to your SysNAND
>I only have my old sysnand games

Welp, seems like something didn't gone according to plan...How can I fix this?

1. How do I figure out which TWL I am on? I do play DS and Gameboy games, and I apparently need to patch away that do downgrade to 2.1?

2. Is there any good ways to read the Plaisysdowngrader log? Its not particularly readable

restore the backup with all your shit then

You probably restored the wrong emunand.bin file, or you might've fucked up the naming when you backed them up. You're supposed to restore emunand_original.bin, the first backup you made in part 4.

If you started the guide from scratch and you haven't installed any games since starting it, you can also restore the sysnand.bin backup made in part 2 (but since you say "old sysnand games", I guess this doesn't apply to you).

I don't see that option anywhere. Am I on an old version of Cakes or something?

Using Devmenu didn't work, but turning on the reboot patch with Cakes made the game work. Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Are you on an N3DS? Cakes doesn't/didn't have it on N3DS. It shouldn't need it either, though...

you know what else got confirmed? your love of dicks, fag.