/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread:>Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
youtube.com/watch?v=xrIdDh7_TBw (embed)

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lies

How useful is being a vampire or werewolf? I see people selling bites and I had a bone vampire or some such smacking me around in one of those little daedra portals.

Vamp is really nice for the regen passive, and the abilities are strong in PvP, they're alright in PvE I guess, nothing special.

WW is either broken-tier cancer or worthless shit-tier in PvP depending on who you fight and who you believe, in PvE it's the highest DPS you can get without VMA weapons as a stam character.

it can be useful in certain builds, but they also have drawbacks. like increased received fire damage for vampires, and poison for werewolves.

>I had a bone vampire or some such smacking me around
that won't do it. Only special spawns located in each factions last zone not coldharbour can infect. Or another player.

but after that initial burst you're shit out of luck in pve

Ah so if I'm looking at PvE DPS I should probably buy a werewolf bite at some point? Most builds I look at slot the form somewhere.

Different user. Don't pay more than a couple thousand if you do end up buying one. It's not all that great in PvE to be honest (and I'm playing a stam build). It's cool to have and fun to use and screw around with but not at all necessary. There're also a lot of people that will give you a bite for free, especially guildies.

Victory, thy name is Cadwell!

Are Magplars fun?

I'm lvl 25 now and the slowness of lvling is killing me. I like to level fast so I can try out different characters, before anyone starts with the slow down & enjoy the quests posts..

How much does a full training set go for? Does it matter what lvl it is if I go grind in upscaled areas?

>tfw just crafter Magnus + Torug sets for my 16 lvl magplar for Cyrodiil
>tfw masterfully crafted a blue shield glyph for dagger and a disease one for staff
feels satisfying man

When will ZOS nerf veteran Maelstrom arena?
OR
I would be pleased if the final chest had 100% chance to drop maelstrom weapon

Cool! I guess I have a good reason to actually level my assassin so she can go to the places she needs to complete the Litany.

>When will ZOS nerf veteran Maelstrom arena?

Fuck off, shitter.

>I would be pleased if the final chest had 100% chance to drop maelstrom weapon

This makes sense though, there is no reason for it not to 2bh, especially as they increased the number of droppable traits.

Maelstrom is ez, but for fucks sake if I get another 2h in my weekly I will go insane.

I've seen people kicked from veteran pledge groups for being a vampire because of the extra fire damage they take, and fire being 80% of damage dealt by mobs in PvE.

Surprise! Some people are retarded and need any possible explaination for why it isn't their fault that the group wiped. The most extra fire damage taken is 25% at stage 4 and even then you can evade like 75% of fire attacks.

>but after that initial burst you're shit out of luck in pve

Then you just need better sustain. I mean desu my main stam character is a NB, and siphoning attacks persist after transformation. You can use potions after transformation, and even heavy attack weave a bit. If you are running out of stam really fast, you're just doing it wrong.

>kicked from veteran pledge groups for being a vampire because of the extra fire damage they take

except, you know.. you can just go to them fed and receive no extra damage

pls rate my new stats :33
I feel that amount of magicka won't be possible later on due to battle leveling stealin' at mah attributes

also need to change that mundus stone

>:33
>eyes and character name censored
Otherwise keep it up.

w-what's wrong with :3

>censoring eyes

now why would you do that?

I understand censoring the name but why the eyes

>I've seen people kicked from veteran pledge groups for being a vampire because of the extra fire damage they take, and fire being 80% of damage dealt by mobs in PvE.
I was about to post a smug anime girl with the text "sure you have" but there's a lot of retards in this game so I wouldn't be surprised.

Because he's a disgusting avatar faggot.

vMA don't need nerfing, it's the droprates that's ludicrous.

Yeah Vamps seem like a hefty tradeoff. I've barely done dungeons a lot of shit seems avoidable and I'd imagine the Dunmer passives reduce the drawbacks of vampirism by a little.

Going werewolf as stam dps seems like the common choice. Is it worth it getting bit legit? Am I robbing myself of an experience paying for a bite?

because I thought it looked funny along with the censored name
am I autistic?
I only posted my character once

>am I autistic?
without doubt

>Am I robbing myself of an experience paying for a bite?

Not a huge amount, but you're robbing yourself of a whole load of crowns for something you can easily get ingame. I mean there's being a good goy and then there's being wasteful.

I'm in east march now, if it's that easy to get I'll go do it without paying. I'll probably be in the rift tomorrow.

I can't speak for PvP, but in PvE WW is amazing. As has been mentioned its DPS is nuts, and if you keep devouring corpses you can keep it going for a long fucking time before being forced to revert back.

Any tips to a magNB tank? What's my bread and butter tanking skills?

How often do motifs drop at Golden Coast? I heard that it's every 6 hours per boss who drops it. I only need the gloves, head, and belt for the armor motifs

I just started playing, and have been dicking around as a DW Templar who focuses on casting spells, splitting my points between magicka and stamina. I'm able to level just fine, but how long will it be before I run into people who will sperg out in dungeons for me likely not being an approved playstyle?

Splitting magicka/stamina is shit.
You shouldn't run into any serious problems until level 50 with veteran dungeons because normal dungeons are easy af and 99% of solo content allows you to use whatever you want. DW as a Templar is actually meta on high level, just decide on magicka or stam and you should be fine.

Normal dungeons? Probably never outside of White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison (not even sure people will bitch there either), unless your whole group is pretty inexperienced, then there may be bitching about the dungeon taking forever to complete and people may bay due to that.

Veteran dungeons? Whenever you run a dungeon with any kind of dps race.

I understand how going all stamina as DW makes sense, but how would going all magicka work?

Because Zenimax is retarded, two swords give you more spell-damage than a staff. So having two swords while spamming your class skills do more damage than if you're holding a staff.

Got it. Thanks user!

no problem, however remember that you restore resources with heavy attacks. A heavy attack with DW don't restore magicka while a heavy attack with a staff does, so even if you're stronger you may have problems with resources. But if you're already playing a DW casting spells I'm sure you've already noticed it.

Here's my build:

5 piece Kags (chest & legs infused tri-stat, belt & gloves nirnhoned mag, boots reinforced mag), 2 piece Engine Guardian (head infused tri-stat, shoulder divines), 3 piece Willpower jewelry (2 healthy 1 arcane, all spell damage enchanted), 2 piece Hist Bark 1h/s (for the physical resist, as I'm Breton) on both bars. I use tri-stat food and tri-pots.

The main skills to concentrate on are, in order of importance, as follows:

0: Bolstering Darkness this shit is OP af.

1: Taunt - This part is obvious, you need to taunt the mobs. I use Inner Rage, as NB lacks the chains of DK for mob re-positioning and pulling mobs that spawn in fights where you don't want the boss to move (like Serpent in SO).

2: Major & Minor Resolve/Ward - As a mag NB, you get the major ones from Shadow Barrier for 11 seconds when you cast Refreshing Path, and the minor ones from Mirage. Mirage also gives you Major Evasion, which is huge, and most other mag tanks don't have access to without burning fuckloads of stam/using Hist Bark 5-piece.

3: Stat sustain - Siphoning Attacks + proper weaving, no more to say honestly.

4: HP Sustain - Refreshing Path and Swallow Soul are the main HOTs you use. Refreshing Path also gives you your resist buffs, so is absolutely invaluable. In big mob pulls, spam Sap Essence to heal yourself + everyone around you to full every time you cast.

5: Damage - As a NB tank, you can actually do (a little) damage, and your HOTs rely on your spell damage and max magicka. Structured Entropy is a must, the passive HP and active Major Sorcery + heal is too good. Inner Light is also vital. I light attack weave Swallow Soul whenever I'm not buffing myself, generally getting around 8k DPS. Impale is also nice to have on your back bar.

Your bar setup is up to you, just remember that you want Entropy+Inner Light on your front bar for their passives + the Mages Guild passives.

Pic related is my stats when buffed (without undaunted passive atm though).

> Obsidian wants to makes an Elder Scrolls game
> Bethesda won't let them work on the main series
What if Obsidian was in charge of a huge as fuck DLC to ESO?

Also it's lovely to nuke people with staff attack/crushing shock weaving

Thanks m8, recently levelled up a NB thanks to the removal of veteran ranks and I've been look for inspiration on how to build it and your post is brilliant.

Over the seas and over the lane
For Ayrenn, Edhelorn and Mane
The lords command and we obey
Over the seas and far away

First for Redguard best race.

Just hit 50, got a few champ levels and finishing up last story quest. What's the first step in getting geared at this point?

I hope you've been researching those traits boyo...

How many traits have you researched in clothing, blacksmith and carpentry? Surely you've done as /tesog/ tells all new players, to research as much as possible as soon as possible?

Not him, I've been doing this and speccing into the research faster/more talents as well as doing the crafting dailies. I don't have a lot unlocked to be honest. Mostly just shitty armor modifications. Am I aiming for certain ones?

Several unlocked so far, none in woodworking since I don't need it as stamina nightblade. So should I start working on crafting now?

Not really since you haven't reached 160. That's when you've reached the endgame since the best gear are at cp160, and there's little to no reason to bother with crafting (outside of doing daily writs and researching) before cp160.

Depends on what you're planning to craft. Sturdy if it's for tanking, anti-crit if you're looking for PvP.

Thanks I'll snag ensure I have those two unlocked cross the board. What about stam pve dps?

I would say precise for weapons, heightening your critical chance, but some would say sharpened, increased spell and physical penetration. The reason I'm unsure about sharpened in PvE is because a tank already debuffs the enemy's armour and spell resistance so even more may be wasted.

For armour it's infused, making your enchantments on said armour stronger. If you're a stamina dps you'll be slapping on enchantments giving you more stamina on your armour, due to bigger stamina pool = more damage from stamina abilities. Infused only strengthens this.

I think currently with sharpened ignoring 5000 worth of resistances (previously was 20%?), sharpened is better for DPS.

Also all divines armor is currently better than infused for PvE DPS with thief mundus and max CPs.

Yea you're probably right, I should have said that other annons should give their input since I'm somewhat unsure.

Then Clockwork whispered long and low...
And what he said no mortal may know...

Who would want this? Magicka tanks?

it's terrible for anything

Does anyone's client bug out when in windowed fullscreen mode preventing you from alt tabbing? Seems to happen to me randomly

> Next patch will change it so you're guaranteed a weapon for clearing vMSA
> GUARANTEED

S-source, senpai?

A lot of people on the pts talks about how it's OP and how every magicka user will run with it but I don't see how. It's a shittier Julianos.

It's a really good PvP set. Magicka users would love the massive regen.

Source? This is amazing, would actually get me to grind it.

Should I get this game? I really want to play some MMOs again.

i remember talking to kuscoe about this
apparently it's mainly due to eso forum qq

lel what changes aren't mainly due to eso forum qq.

>It's a really good PvP set. Magicka users would love the massive regen.
Fair enough.

Which morph do damage dealers choose for meteor? The one that gives back more ultimate per enemy hit or the one with added damage?

Ice Comet for PvP, Shooting Star for PvE.

""""""Argonian"""""" Skeleton

Fugg, I do pve and pvp

Guess I'll just choose shooting star

Ty user

Confession time. I just ninjad some guy's lockbox - he was picking it and I was waiting for him to fail so I get a crack, but he closed the box to presumably make space for the 2 greens in there. I took the contents without needing to pick. Felt kind of bad. Briefly.

Anyone?

Still pretty new to the game and wanting to try a pve templar healer out. Any tips? Also destruction is the only viable secondary weapon I'm assuming?

What the fuck is going on in Azura's Star on PC EU. I played yesterday and AD and DC was besieging one of our forts, the same wall, side by side. Then AD rushes in towards us like a meatshield. DC just waits behind. Once we've taken out most of the AD players and have fuck all left to protect, a huge DC zerg just crushes us.

I made a full set of training gear for someone for 4k, after having previously make a set for the same guy for free. As for its level mattering, the closer to your lvl the better your scaled stats will be, but if you're just after the %increase in exp, not really.

DC got their balls back, EP running scared, which keep was this at?

Damn thanks user that is totally affordable. Any tips on how to get it then? Just go to capital and ask for it?

Is ESO a good game?

nobody knows

Yea ask for someone able to craft 6/8 traits in the armour/weapon type you want in capital or rawlkha. Also chances are someone in your guild can do it.

Idk

wrong place to ask

Yep, it's pretty good.

Wasn't EP running scared as much as getting crushed by a Green army. But I'm not complaining, these unholly alliances between DC and AD keeps the map fresh and balanced. DC have always had their own balls intact while keeping AD's in a purse. Can't remember the keep.

What kind of a question is that?

well the 5 emperor keeps are fair gain

6*

It's a game version of Schödingers cat. It's both dead and alive, contra-intuitive, and most normal people have a misinterpretation of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

>join random dungeon queue
>2 hours later still nothing

Cool game you guys.

>contra-intuitive

>DD problems