/gtag/ - Grand Theft Auto General

Revolver Edition

Previous >Crews for GTA:O
Join a crew by clicking link below, then posting your SC name and crew you want to join in the thread.
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/pc_gtag (PC only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_vg_-_ps4 (PS4 only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gta_general_vg (all)
Other crews: pastebin.com/GtsCr3VL
>Steam Group - No heterosexuals allowed
steamcommunity.com/groups/gtagonlinevg
>PS4 Community - GTAG VG Community (No heterosexuals allowed here either)
To join the community, search the community name in "Discover Communities" and leave a request.

>Thread archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/gtag/type/op/

>GTA:O Unlocks by Rank
pastebin.com/bAr3Q5sT

>Helpful information for new players
pastebin.com/XEzpG0vB

>Lap time comparison for every fully upgraded GTA:O vehicle
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQND3ikiLzS3Ij9kuV-rVkRtoYetb79c52JWyafb4m4

>Graphics settings guides for GTA V
gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1909-gta-v-graphics-optimization-guide
geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

>Patch notes for 1.35
support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/222662548

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468581785116.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=52qucm4pQSU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468581785116.webm

>attaching a webm with sound to a post in a Veeky Forums thread
Let me know when you're done being a newfag and see the issue in doing so.

But I'm not doing it for the money

>needing sound for a webm
Most likely unfunny anyway

>Posting links to /wsg/ webms.
>Thinking anyone cares about your shit enough to click them.

>being the biggest homosexual ever
Holy shit user

>muh no sound webms
Too bad.
Then move on.

>He grinds crates for money

Hiro should block cross board image linking.

>tfw you upload the same image twice by accident

>if you don't want to have to go to another thread to look at my le epic webm ur gey!1!
Call me when you've figured out nobody wants to hear you sperging over the mic and that soundless webms are always superior

>user confirmed a butthurt french fag
I hope you have some nice dreams later tonight user.

>he doesn't gangbang
why do you even pretend to be rich if you don't pretend to be poor as well?

>french
What

>tfw rockstar has no more racing classes to ruin
w-well
i guess i can finally move on to another game

He thinks anyone's actually clicked his link. and didn't just ignore or hide the post.

>2016
>clicking random links
not even once.

>implying the pisswasser dominator didn't fix the muscles class

>going from having 5-8 cars in contention to 2
yeah i agree that's fixed as fuck
i mean the supers class is also fine because there's 3 cars in close contention there right

>it was just another edgy 'look at this i recreated (recent event) in gta guise!' webm
Glad I didn't miss anything actually original or clever

>implying muscle races were for anything other than babby's first drifting lessons

Boats can still use the super treatment.

the only car I wanted this update

>implying drifting at any sort of speed is actually possible in GTA V with the ridiculous traction control
>implying drifting is faster than gripping in 99% of cases
plus desu i liked my ruiner, it was good in races even if it was off the top

>Most likely unfunny anyway
It was. Just some trashy music with some memester yelling "ALLAH AKBAR" while running NPC's over on the beach in a mule.

It's a sports class.

xth for JAGUAR F-TYPE SVR WHEN?

how yall niggas record webms anyways?

camera

go play the new need for speed.

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=52qucm4pQSU
in any other car class you'd be right, but tbf the only muscle that gripped worth a damn was the Guantlet before the update and you know it.
drifting in a phoenix is hilariously easy.

I take a polaroid and snap pictures really really fast.

>talking about the futo, the car specifically set up for dorifto
even with the futo, if you try and get a high-speed drift going what happens is the engine's revs end up dropping and so you lose power the more sideways you get
this is why the best drifters all stay at low speeds so they can constantly use mid-drive speedboosts in order to keep the revs high during a maneuver
also the fastest car in muscle before things got ruined, the dominator, was only fast if you kept it nice and grippy because the instant you went sideways, again, you just lost all rpms and then you had no power meaning you'd lose in a racing situation

Use rockstar editor to record video, make a clip, export it into a webm software?
Not that hard, all you had to do was literally Google "how do I make a webm"

Well it's pretty easy on console, just use the inbuilt DVR to capture the footage, edit it with the inbuilt software and move it to your computer. Process it with "Webm for bakas" or "Webm for retards" if you can find it. size limit is 3 meg so try to keep them less than 30 seconds, downscale resolution before you downscale the bitrate is it comes out above 3meg and always use "high quality conversion"

For PC either capture and edit with the included replay system and retrieve them from the hidden library (tricky to find, basically don't bother with this method) or you can use screen capture software, I'd recommend OBS, and edit with whatever you can get your hands on, then convert from mpeg to webm using the same programs listed above.

It's all very finicky and takes some learning but all that hard work may one day earn you literally several (You)'s. I learned late last year fucking about /mgg/ before I realized it wasn't a community worth putting the effort into.

Shadowplay + webm for bakas all day

>it's impossible to maintain a drift in this game
>lol except with that car

And what about the Phoenix?

>this is why
Yes user, it has less to do with anything you've mentioned and more to do with there being an automatic transmission.
>dominator is grippy until you put it sideways
Like every other grippy car, when it loses grip, it's generally tragic.
I don't see how your dominator point was relevant except to agree with me.

that never really works for me though. any video i captue ends up being too large to upload to Veeky Forums. idk how yall even get vids past 20 seconds long. you know what. imma try this on obs.

i had to fuck with the resolution on mine a lot to get it to upload to Veeky Forums.

>20 seconds
That's usually way too long and requires you to lower the resolution/bitrate way too much

I was having issues with connecting to the R* servers the other day so I tried dropping the suspension down on a Schwartzer I found in SP and it drifted really well

Some tips
>fuck 60 fps, that shit literally halves the time of your clip
>resolution 480 -1 will portray most anything properly and doesn't swallow much bitrate
>always use high quality mode, contrary to what you might assume from the name it just means it uses a more thorough encoding that is more efficient but takes longer to render the file. Better to take five more minutes to create than for it to either be garbage or be too big.

>Yes user, it has less to do with anything you've mentioned and more to do with there being an automatic transmission.
No, it actually doesn't have to do with automatic transmissions - were it just a transmission thing, it would continue to spin with occasional hard dips in revs right up until either you reach last gear or you don't have enough power to get the wheels spinning, but what you instead see is a consistent dip in power while staying in gear up until the point where you regain traction. This is traction or stability control in play, not transmissions.
>And what about the Phoenix?
Honestly, I never used the Phoenix so I can't talk about its ability to drift at speeds, but my next point might explain why I don't think it's a relevant point.
>Like every other grippy car, when it loses grip, it's generally tragic.
In reality, when you lose grip in any car you can at least try to control it. The thing that causes some cars in GTAV to be 'grippy' is not just their ability to actually grip the surface, but the inbuilt traction control systems in GTAV that make sure that cars only oversteer a certain amount. This is why pretty much no car in the game understeers and it is nearly impossible to get most cars to have a controlled drift, once you get beyond the parameters of where you're supposed to be able to turn it will drop power until you are back in control.
Slamming breaks R*'s code for suspension, so it ends up removing most traction control issues. The easiest way to get a car sliding in a controlled manner is to slam it.

Yeah, you'd be surprised how slippery cars get when you add a turbo to them. I remember thinking my Coquette was a grip machine, installed turbo, might as well have installed bars of soap instead of wheels.

>blah blah blah
"Automatic transmission"
as in it shifts for you.
Do you deny that if I can't lock myself in 3rd gear I can't bounce off the rev limiter to keep my wheels spinning? Do you agree that I have to constantly keep myself within the "range" the game determines 3rd gear to be in to avoid an upshift resulting in my tires regaining grip (as they would irl) and me fucking up?
>Honestly, I've never even tried all the muscle cars
so why are you complaining about there being "x" amount in the running? The Phoenix is a godmachine if you can control it lad.
>in reality
In reality, it's not GTA5.
Stop applying real world principles to a video game with the physics engine of a Bethesda game.

Bati or Akuma?

Both.

without a doubt Akuma

inb4 Batifags. Go wheelie somewhere else

i drive old and bad cars that cost too much and pretend i'm a hipster who became a criminal ironically while looking down on gangsters

The problem with your argument for it being a transmission thing is that you can get that exact same effect while in top gear. If you spin out at your top speed, you'll end up still spinning your tires and then coming right back.
>so why are you complaining about there being "x" amount in the running?
Because I'm not retarded enough to think that a car will do better than other cars that have objectively better setups in terms of both power and grip. I'll try it sometime, though.
>GTA isn't reality dumbass
Yeah, but the aspects I describe are there. Modders on PC can and have made cars perform much more accurately to reality by shutting off that traction control system. If you remember properly, there was a patch where R* decided to up the power of that system and completely changed the feel of the cars and also killed the mid-drive speed boost up until they reverted that change.

>I drive old and bad cars
well you're an okay guy in my book.

>being unable to wheelie
>anime image

Retards go somewhere else

Is this going to be a new car or a Benis update?

>if you spin out at top speed
we're talking about drifting?

>complains about x
>refuses to text it out himself
I guess if I can pull a graph out of my ass that shows how much of a faggot you are you'll eat that right up too?

>but the aspects
>modders
aren't relevant. I could have very easily linked one of the 100+ modded drifting videos.

>If you remember properly,
I just started playing this morning after over a year not playing, so no, I don't.

new car

Some people at gtaforums are saying it's going to be it's own vehicle.

It also has unique customization options, not even the ones from the normal tampa.

>we're talking about drifting?
Drifting doesn't have some magical system compared to loss of traction in some other way, dude. Go sideways, try and do a sikk drift, you'll get the same result regardless of whether you're at top speed or at the lowest speed.
>oh no someone trusted the most common source for discussion of competitive racing
You're talking about how you think sliding a car is honestly faster in a race than people gripping so I don't know how seriously I can take you.
>hurr modders just magically do things
The point is WHAT they changed and what result they got out of doing that. The traction control in GTAV is a super obvious part of driving the cars. The fact that it exists and is a prominent reason why cars handle the way they do isn't really up for discussion, it's been proven time and time again.

has no unique*

>try to do sikk driff at 20 mph
>skid to stop
>try to do sikk driff at 160 mph
>skid out a bit, correct trajectory, still going over 100 MPH
are you an actual breathing meme?

wait, wait, you think I'm actually arguing that drifting is -better- for racing?
where did I imply that?
Link the post.

am i a qt?

no

>correct trajectory
so you mean you didn't even bother to test to see what would happen if you continued to spin the wheels in top gear? that's like saying that there's no eventual loss of power when doing a burnout in gta5 because you decided to stop holding down the power after a second because you'd already proven your point
My first post was a double statement that drifting is complete trash in GTA and that drifting is terrible for racing, you seemed to be arguing against both. If you weren't, I apologize for suggesting otherwise.

Be my gta gf?

this guy kawaii af tbqh

I pretty obviously said the best in class muscle was the grippiest Guantlet. My argument is that drifting in GTAO is completely possible, if not as possible as I'd like it to be.

>correct trajectory
actually, it's because generally when you go over 100 mph trying to do a drift is also known as a "barrel roll" and irl experience trumps what I know won't happen in a video game.

>super race because reasons
>ahead of the pack
>my spider sense is tingling
>tap the brakes and turn slightly to the left
>instant 10 car pile-up and utter chaos behind me
>leisurely drive off and win
>lol tryhard!!!

>tfw you join a session and get mugged within ten seconds

The Gauntlet's the easiest to control, but it wasn't the best in class even before all this got fucked up. Dominator dominated, bro.
>things that happen irl will happen in this game
Are you the same poster as the post that said the game's car physics are bunk and any knowledge of how things work IRL is completely pointless? Just checking.

>Move to the side to let the obviously faster cars pass
>Hit a dinky little sign that doesn't budge at all and completely stops me
>2nd place to 14th in a second

Desert Raid is pretty fun

>he doesn't know how to read
Try again.
"Irl experience trumps what I know WON'T happen in a video game."
>dominator
was actually pretty well matched with the Guantlet, Domi won the straight lines, guantlet won the corners.
Corners are where you win, if you lose on the straight you lost on the last corner.

>Broughy shows footage of a 25-car contact race while discussing the new speed glitch
>the second the race starts he turbos hard left just to avoid the inevitable pile-up at the first corner
>Someone still intentionally crashes into him

God it's almost like GTA players can't have nice things.

>hit a curb "incorrectly"
>car spins out of control or just flips
>get run over by everyone until i'm last place

Is that the one were he's talking about the 7-seventy?

>late to gtag
>girls already taken
its not fair

he was driving the seven-70 so probably, it was re-used footage ostensibly from a stream.

ok

A nerd in real life and a nerd in GTAO lmaoing at your life

That's actually just what he does at the start of races, he likes starting from the back when it's not tournament time.

I pretend to be a meme anti-hero and run down Grove street headshotting negros.
Vigilante Simulator is FUN.

>mfw hitting shitty little undestroyable signs

There are no girls you stupid retard.

I'm a girl btw

>I use a voice changer btw
FTFY

Quick, name your gtag-waifu

qt

Still the best part of the update desu

TheThirdType

Can I get an invite to the meme general crew?
I got everything I wanted but a chopper/besra, but playing this game without frens is terrible.
And I never completed Heists as Host beyond Series A, kek pubs.
SC RRashu.

nobody

You forgot your trip, qt.

Crimefighter.

how can i have one if there are no girls

I unironically like that meme spoiler and both liveries.
But I had to spend mones on REE-7B, because gotta go fast and ETR1 is too fat.

Why would a girl play a grindfest like gta online when you could play a grindfest like Persona.

The correct answer is because you've finished every one 3 times already

Because my ERP MMOs are shit/dead.

Okay, whoa. I'm pretty sure anyone in GTA online, when asked to ERP, would either say "that's gay, fag" or would just ask you where you live and when you go to sleep.

That's okay, I've never asked anybody to ERP.

Well played, trevor
*tips rapier*