/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>Ana "Legacy" Comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/legacy

how do we fix Defense heroes?

Aww man 53 now as bastion only?

Im starting to think some of you dont know what your talking about.

>youll never hit 40
>youll never hit 50
>youll never get higher than 50

HAHAHAHAHAH you guys are fucking retards.

i yelled at my team again

Of all the characters in Overwatch, which is most likely to Physically abuse their spouse.

Pic related

>Genji fag thinks he can ruin my asshole because im a squishy Zen
>Delete his ass

Embrace tranquility motherfucker.

stop making them garbage

Bastion isn't terrible. He has a niche. He's not someone you want to pick every game, and he's definitely not broken like newbie shitters believe.

army vets are emotionally unstable

>tfw made my way from 42 to 60 by playing all of the easy heroes even though i'm still a shitter at heart

>hes not someone you want to pick every game.

Well it works for me lmao

Are you stupid or something?

Bastion is only as good as the enemies are bad, any mildly coordinated team can always win vs bastion. Wait until you get to higher ranks kiddo, 53 is nothing special at all.

hana song

But Reinhardt, Ana, Torbjorn, and the lot of them went through the same experiences. His job was also probably a desk job the longer Overwatch was around.

>comp Illios
>someone picks Lucio
>then changes to Zen
>then changes to Mercy
>then changes to Bastion
>then changes to Hanzo
>leaves after the first round is lost
Maybe he thought it was Quick Play. Faggot.

Went from 46 to 57 playing only Mercy and Lucio.

Now I'm just kind of bored to play anymore, will there be any reward for high rank players?

That's the point. Competitive PTR is like Quick Play on live.

Reinhardt is legitimately insane though
he just channels it in a way that doesnt hurt his actual friends

100 bucks 76 would beat his wife every night.

i'm barely level 25 should i even bother with comp play yet? when is the season over?

best genji skin coming through

Design a Cossack character

Ana release when?

ylyl

You should do your placements just for the participation rewards.

that really depends on what you define as "good"
game sense and situational awareness are still two very important skills to have in overwatch

76 takes out his frustration by doling out justice, which wouldn't be by beating an innocent woman.

This or next week

i want to MARRY genji and cook him dinner every night

So.

How long and hard do you think Blizzard will support the game?

>Symmetra should be shooting beams out her cyborg hand's palm, not a gun.

Like 2 months left

and yes, you rank up really fast in OW so you can begin at 30 and get to 70 in a few days if you win a lot, and it's a lot better than QP so you'll get much better playing to win rather than playing with 3 snipers per game

18th august

play the 10 placement matches to get your sick spray and profile icon, the stuck with QP

I am now bothered by the fact that the spirals do not face the same way on his bracers and robe.

The devs said about 2 weeks in Ster's stream. That was a few days ago. They also said a new map is coming soon-ish but won't be released alongside Ana. It's an existing game mode. There are 3 other maps they're working on as well.

you will hit a wall with it

but you can probably make him work till like 65 atleast if you are good with him

Feel like you can't really progress in comp without a stack.

lame.

What are those votes at the end of the matches for?

What happens when you get 5 or more votes?

Also, how do gold/silver/bronze medals work?

blizzard pumps loads of support into heroes of the storm, even going so far as to throw piles of money at ESPN to give it airtime and pretend it's a real sport

I imagine they'll do at least the same for overwatch if not much more

I legit had a Lucio on my team that spent about 80% of a match surving inside the well on Ilios.

We won.

So start adding and using the prefer option when you get matched with people who don't suck.

If you can tolerate ladder attitude its pretty good to play comp, even if you're not crazy serious about it. As long as you're genuinely trying, you'll be put in a bracket that suits you.

Quick play is absolute garbage now anyway. It's all either 5 or 6 hero stacks or teams people who drop after losing the first point.

lorewise, is blizzard telling me that i'm supposed to feel sympathy for the omnics? because right now torb and zarya have the right idea.

to what point? you can atleast make it to mid 70's easily if you are good

look at this dog

If you get a Gold medal it means you were #1 on your team for that category. Silver and Bronze mean what you think they do.

They're just psychological validation. They don't actually get you anything.

They mean nothing they're just to make you feel good or some shit, basically everyone votes for mercy every time

Medals are your score relevant to your team in rank 1-3, gold > silver > bronze > nothing

It's a glove btw.

Is there a better waifu than Mercy?

it's like still being pissy at a modern day average japanese citizen for what happened in WW2

torb and zarya are basically angry racist grandparents who blame people for the sins of their fathers

new to pc fps, how do i git gud and how do i practice gitting gud without being dead weight to the team

>when you're experiencing tranquility but then remember your wife is probably cheating you at home

>get nothing from loot boxes from level 22 to level 40
>buy a $10 pack
>get T. Racer from the first box

HMMMMMMMMMMM
That's cool though I like that skin

>Russian Mercy
This isn't right

if you cant aim play someone who doesnt need to aim
if you cant even play them then kill yourself

>NapTime
>BreadExpert
>Bird
OW pros have got some of the lamest aliases out there

Whats with all the fucking animal names? Sure I get it if it's a cool animal but a fucking seagull?

play quick play and just find a sensitivity setting that works well for you. Maybe play 76 or Pharah if your aim is garbage and want to improve with it.

This game is really forgiving with aim and hitboxes, even on hitscan.

They're beliefs aren't rooted in baseless racism though. As Pharah's comic demonstrates, Omnics are susceptible to just having their entire programming and personality overwritten with a KILL ALL HUMANS one at the drop of a hat from external sources.

i said this the other day but i'll say it again, this is the best reaper

Mess around in quickplay doing whatever until you feel comfortable with the movement and stuff. Play vs the AI if you really suck and need to practice. You'll never learn to aim if you play someone who doesn't need to, you just have to be okay with sucking for a short amount of time. Really not a lot to learn for aiming in this game.

Zarya is part of the newer generation and is younger than Pharah and Mercy, she was a little girl when the omnics first attacked. She's also fighting a war in Siberia that's called the second Omnic Crisis since that Omnium went rogue again. They killed everyone in her hometown. The main argument against omnics is that they could get hijacked by an AI or something and go killer robot mode.

They obviously want you to sympathize with certain omnics but the stance on them isn't black and white because of their programming going rogue as it has again in Siberia and apparently some other places we may not know about.

>Shitter league KOTH
>Torbjorn
>Throw down a turret in a random clearing, totally undefended, non-strategic position, don't even stay behind to upgrade it
>Go to point and start distributing armor packs
>Eliminated: Tracer
>Eliminated: McCree
>Eliminated: Genji

Is there a comfier feeling?

Turn your sensitivity down, like way down to 800 dpi somewhere near 10 sens in game, use your arm to turn rather than flicking your wrist, then aim with your wrist

Make sure you're getting high FPS like 90 if you have 60hz and 144+ if you have 144hz

play easy shit that doesn't need much aiming until you are comfortable like winston or reinhardt lucio etc

Rebind your keys to something that feels better for you, use a crosshair you like

Aim at where you think people will be not at the floor or too high, aim at like body/head heigh, position your crosshair where they will be coming from so you don't have to aim so much after you spot them

Then just play the game a lot

Forget ana, Doomfist when?

getting potg during molten core while you sit there hammering a spray against the wall the entire duration is pretty comfy.

It makes people angry as fuck.

What does a hero truly need?

Blue tits when?

>800 dpi somewhere near 10 sens in game
that's still very high. with 800 dpi more like 4-7 sens

decent advice otherwise

Overwatch is not about aiming so need to worry.

I refuse to believe people have success playing zenyatta in any scenario

he dies to a stiff breeze and is slow as fucking molasses

you can't be anywhere near your team without dying to a junkrat bomb or pharah rocket not even aimed at you

I'm not even playing recklessly I'm doing my god damn best to stay within reasonable range of anyone I can safely orb

any good zenyattas I think I've seen must have been fever dream hallucinations

if I can't run the game at more than 30~40 fps should I even bother trying to play characters that require good aiming? pls dont bully

Go away Hanzo

Is it ok if I'm only rank 37
please don't hurt me

she's so fucking bland, plus makes stupid faces like she farts all the time

RNG passives

well at that low fps you will have tons of input lag and the mouse control will feel really sluggish

i'd rather play at like 1280x720 with 50% render scale than put up with that low fps

lol faggot

i can't be the only one who just fucking loves it when you can barely see the edge of girls rib-cage just below the tits leading into a flat belly

>Giant Omnics are still actively attacking South Korea, which is why D.Va is who she is
>Zarya fought against Omnics herself as they were destroying her home

It's nothing like that.

It could go either way between Soundquake or Doomfist next, definitely a tank.

I suspect Soundquake will be The Natasha so I'm excited to make flanking completely unfun for Tracer and Genji.

Doomfist I have no idea what they have in mind really. Balancing a primarily melee character in a ranged game is tough, as they said of Genji when he used a sword.

thanks for all the advice man

I always shotgun people during my Molten Cores but that does sound funny

There were some very suggestive hints that Sombra would be next, in the Ana backstory video

Do ults charge faster in Sudden Death?
Some fucking Zarya had two ults in the space of 2 minutes, never seen it charge that fast

Post YFW "Its Hi----UHHHH"

you want to have fps equal to your monitor hz or more in this game so that you don't get very noticeable input lag

if your fps drops below monitor hz it feels kinda like having vsync on

My expression on the right

pretty much that face. Spot on.

>They mean nothing they're just to make you feel good or some shit, basically everyone votes for mercy every time

Everyone votes for Mercy because she probably did something useful. Despite what you may think, the team does not really pay attention to what you're doing as Genji, they're playing the game.

>Soundquake
???

>"IT'S HIGH NOON"
>See Super Saiyan McCree waddle onto a balcony
>Hit him in the dome with an arrow
>"lol noob hanzo and his hitboxes"
>mfw

>nanoboosted cowboy man tells the time in front of my entire team
FUCK

so are any kills with hanzo's ricochet arrows basically pure luck

I try hard not to tilt in this fucking shit game but when I tell Tracer to handle the Bastion and she ignores it and we lose the point because of it I don't know what else to do.

Yea pretty much

isn't everything about hanzo luck

B B B B BUT YOU RETARDS SAID I COULDNT EVEN GET TO 50